Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866976 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2013
miz Gene:
Which school u headed to?
University of Glasgow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
kellyemms: i am thinking of submiting the online toefl print copy.

I have been looking for you. You're still going to Derby right?
Sent u a PM cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
kennyone:
University of Glasgow.
Aiit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
hey guys!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
JideVince: hey guys!
Mr JideVince, finally!! Cranfield University has lightened the academic weight on you grin grin. Welcome back. And how has it been? As for me, I'm just taking it one at a time; can't commit murder! shocked cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2013
miz Gene:

grin wink grin no be so?
Na so my sister, your are spot on

Don Oms:
My friend Ochukoccna don come again. Even if I don't want to laugh, I must laugh. I'm sure your wife will love you specially except she doesn't have a sense of humour...lol.
Bro no be my fault na, dog wey go lost no dey hear hunter whistle cheesy cheesy
And if e try am for Calabar, no be peppersoup be that? shocked shocked
Binning his visa application fee might be no biggie to him grin grin
Do you know if his bank account is pursing Dangote's or Adenuga's? shocked shocked
Holyboy dot com [who was part of this September intake] has practically disappeared in Wales now else he would have advised him better wink wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Makenzie0133(m): 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello guys,pls I need Ur advice for my friend.He applied for UK visiting visa to visit his broda in UK bt he was refused with reason dat he is not married and doesn't have anythng that could make him want to return home.The problem now is that he's processing a university admission in UK now against september nxt year.So he want to knw if there could be any problem cos of the initial refusal.Will it not look as if he is desperate to go to UK.Pls I need Ur candid opinion.Thnks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Don Oms:
I'm not sure about that information about certain courses that allow people remain in the UK. I believe you are in the UK, right? The new Tier-4 (PBS) visa allows you study here and after your study, either go home or advance in studies in the UK. However, if you get a job after your studies, you can apply for a class of visa whereby your employer will have to sponsor it (the visa). Now, no course can guarantee any job as there are many factors involved. However, some jobs have higher chances than others.

tnk u

we will take it step by first, for i will apply and try to get admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:30am On Nov 15, 2013
ochukoccna:
Bro no be my fault na, dog wey go lost no dey hear hunter whistle cheesy cheesy
And if e try am for Calabar, no be peppersoup be that? shocked shocked
Binning his visa application fee might be no biggie to him grin grin
Do you know if his bank account is pursing Dangote's or Adenuga's? shocked shocked
Holyboy dot com [who was part of this September intake] has practically disappeared in Wales now else he would have advised him better wink wink
Na true you talk my bro. You remember Holyboy. The guy enter UK, forget nairaland sharp sharp. I trust he's doing great and I hope he drops by sometime.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:34am On Nov 15, 2013
Makenzie0133: Hello guys,pls I need Ur advice for my friend.He applied for UK visiting visa to visit his broda in UK bt he was refused with reason dat he is not married and doesn't have anythng that could make him want to return home.The problem now is that he's processing a university admission in UK now against september nxt year.So he want to knw if there could be any problem cos of the initial refusal.Will it not look as if he is desperate to go to UK.Pls I need Ur candid opinion.Thnks
The candid opinion you need is that his history of refusal will not affect the decision of his tier-4 visa application. Let him meet all the requirements, submit all necessary documents and tell UKBA about his former refusal during his application, and I bet he has his visa to study here in the UK, by God's grace of course.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Makenzie0133: Hello guys,pls I need Ur advice for my friend.He applied for UK visiting visa to visit his broda in UK bt he was refused with reason dat he is not married and doesn't have anythng that could make him want to return home.The problem now is that he's processing a university admission in UK now against september nxt year.So he want to knw if there could be any problem cos of the initial refusal.Will it not look as if he is desperate to go to UK.Pls I need Ur candid opinion.Thnks

His previous refusals will affect his current application if he lies about it or he presented fake material or misrepresented facts material to his application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by madeit2thetop(m): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Just received a scary mail from BHC that they have been trying to get through to me that the number I provided in my application is permanently offline and that I sud provide another one.has anyone ever experienced such before ? Am scared walai
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
hi all, what masters programme can a graduate of industrial mathematics go for in a uk university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
bebe2: hi all, what masters programme can a graduate of industrial mathematics go for in a uk university.
Msc Financial Enginering and Risk Management, Msc Finanacial Modelling, Msc Economics and Econometrics, Msc Finance.

^^^^^^^^^The above courses depend on how good he/she was in the undergraduate program, if he struggled in the undergraduate he shouldn't try the courses above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
madeit2thetop: Just received a scary mail from BHC that they have been trying to get through to me that the number I provided in my application is permanently offline and that I sud provide another one.has anyone ever experienced such before ? Am scared walai

No biggie there, they probably just want to confirm one or two info from u...

bebe2: hi all, what masters programme can a graduate of industrial mathematics go for in a uk university.

Hmmm, u studied dt course? If so, I think u shd know better than any one else.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
Hello everyone, please I need your help. I'm about to gain an unconditional offer from a uni in the UK but the issue is that I didn't apply with my transcript due to the strike action by ASUU, the school asked for it and I told them I couldn't provide it due to the ASUU strike and they overlooked it. My question is, will the UKBA ask for my Uni transcrit during my application? even though I gained an offer without it? I have my original certificate though. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by puzuwe: 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
@guyze, the ukba will not ask for it since it will not be in your cas. U are ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Guzye: Hello everyone, please I need your help. I'm about to gain an unconditional offer from a uni in the UK but the issue is that I didn't apply with my transcript due to the strike action by ASUU, the school asked for it and I told them I couldn't provide it due to the ASUU strike and they overlooked it. My question is, will the UKBA ask for my Uni transcrit during my application? even though I gained an offer without it? I have my original certificate though. Thanks
only if a transcript is stated on ur CAS that when u have no choice but submit it, if not original certificate would do for visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks @Puzuwe and Mayo47
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2013
Pls guys, how can one make payment of tuition fee from a gtb savings account? If any1 knows other means to transfer tuition fee to a UK university account pls help. Any university of salford or coventry university students for january 2014 intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
danny4sure: Pls guys, how can one make payment of tuition fee from a gtb savings account? If any1 knows other means to transfer tuition fee to a UK university account pls help. Any university of salford or coventry university students for january 2014 intake?

I opened a gtb domiciliary account (pounds), then I changed my fees to pounds, paid it into the dom account, then filled out a form with the school account details, that the bank used to transfer the money. An annoying long protocol if you ask me, but atleast its safe. I'm still hoping to find an easier but safe method.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
mjan:

God bless your for your quick response. I have done that.

Thank you. I did as you advised and i submitted my application on the 4th and was called up for pick up on 13th making it 7 working days. I was giving a UK student visa to the glory of God. Please my question to all forum members now is to know how to get a cheap flight, how much it can go for and IF I MUST BOOK A RETURN TICKET because I want to book one way? If I must book round trip how long will it take to expire?how do I go about shifting it?and how much that cost as am not certain about when I would come back next year but will definitely do for something very important. I await your responses. THANK YOU.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=ochukoccna]
adamasjosef has advised you rightly
I came in with £1500 and 2 different Nigerian bank cards [Mastercard and Visa so that if one fumbles, the other should work] and both work well here
Only that I withdraw the max amount to minimize bank charges [around £550-560 = 150k daily limit based on current exchange rate now] and deposit in my account here
Also I don't withdraw on the VERY day I need it because Nigerian network wahala might mess you up grin grin grin grin
That apart, if you can pay up ALL your tuition before applying helps cos it indicates to the visa officials you are really serious about coming to study
Also do know that carrying above $10,000 raises money laundering red flags over you, cards are mostly what this white folks use unlike we Naija peeps
Have you also thought of what will happen if that money gets stolen or missing while you are still sorting out accommodation without which you will not be able to open an account over here? undecided undecided
Wish you the best[/qu

Good day,
I tried making more inquiries concerning how to get my funds along with me and a banker was advising me to open a domiciliary account and acquire a debit card in which they will only charge me for the card but if I go ahead with my normal master card ATM that they would be more charges and that I would be limited to some international transactions from Nigeria to UK or vice versa. Please I need more advise from people that have the experience already. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Good day,
I tried making more inquiries concerning how to get my funds along with me and a banker was advising me to open a domiciliary account and acquire a debit card in which they will only charge me for the card but if I go ahead with my normal master card ATM that they would be more charges and that I would be limited to some international transactions from Nigeria to UK or vice versa. Please I need more advise from people that have the experience already. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Please what are the charges involved in this whole process you used. Do you intend continuing with this account after you have travelled.
royalsweetness:

I opened a gtb domiciliary account (pounds), then I changed my fees to pounds, paid it into the dom account, then filled out a form with the school account details, that the bank used to transfer the money. An annoying long protocol if you ask me, but atleast its safe. I'm still hoping to find an easier but safe method.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:12am On Nov 20, 2013
mjan: Good day,
Which funds in particular? Different people have different views about accessing their money in the UK and you can choose any option.
Personally, I left my whole money in my GTB account. I only came to the UK with 300 GBP. I used the Naira Mastercard to pay my fees installmentally since maximum POS transaction is 1 million naira (over £3500) by CBN. I then opened a UK account and withdraw cash from my naira account at the ATM (charges vary btw 240-450 naira per cash withdrawal) and deposited it into my UK account.
To me, that's a better option because offshore transfer through dorm accounts can be "expensive."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:25am On Nov 20, 2013
mjan:

Thank you. I did as you advised and i submitted my application on the 4th and was called up for pick up on 13th making it 7 working days. I was giving a UK student visa to the glory of God. Please my question to all forum members now is to know how to get a cheap flight, how much it can go for and IF I MUST BOOK A RETURN TICKET because I want to book one way? If I must book round trip how long will it take to expire?how do I go about shifting it?and how much that cost as am not certain about when I would come back next year but will definitely do for something very important. I await your responses. THANK YOU.
Return ticket is not compulsory as it is your choice. Though it is often relatively expensive, one-way is better if you're not sure about return date.
As for choice of flight, there are options which include duration of flight and stops. My best advice is for you to go to an agency site like wakanow and type your flight details. Once you have the search results, take a note of them and male a choice. Then go to the website of the airline you picked and book the flight. You can also search for both return and one-way and compare prices.
Congrats on your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:57am On Nov 20, 2013
Someone please answer me. When I'm printing my account statement for student visa application, am I supposed to print for a duration of 28 days or for a duration of 6 months or what. I can't seem to find anywhere where its written.

Someone please reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:06am On Nov 20, 2013
royalsweetness: Someone please answer me. When I'm printing my account statement for student visa application, am I supposed to print for a duration of 28 days or for a duration of 6 months or what. I can't seem to find anywhere where its written.
Someone please reply.
You can print 6 months, if this shows healthy account with funds moving this will help you.
If it only contains bigg deposits to boost account that is bad.
The last 28 days MUST remain a balance above the requirement when converted to £
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2013
royalsweetness: Someone please answer me. When I'm printing my account statement for student visa application, am I supposed to print for a duration of 28 days or for a duration of 6 months or what. I can't seem to find anywhere where its written.

Someone please reply.
What the embassy officials are interested in seeing is that the funds have been in your account for 28days and the end date of your statement to the date of your applying for your visa shouldn't be longer than a month,so it doesn't matter if its a 2mnths,3mnths or 6mnths bank statement but it should meet the requirement stated above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Thank you so much. I appreciate. I will do that.
Don Oms:
Return ticket is not compulsory as it is your choice. Though it is often relatively expensive, one-way is better if you're not sure about return date.
As for choice of flight, there are options which include duration of flight and stops. My best advice is for you to go to an agency site like wakanow and type your flight details. Once you have the search results, take a note of them and male a choice. Then go to the website of the airline you picked and book the flight. You can also search for both return and one-way and compare prices.
Congrats on your visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.