Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869430 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
I meant letter from the bank, I am already getting nervous, but I have been reading on this thread people using there uncle's account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: I meant letter from the bank, I am already getting nervous, but I have been reading on this thread people using there uncle's account

Not in this thread you read that, show me a single person that uses his uncle's account here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: I intend using his aaccount, though I am a signatory and he is backing it up with a letter and letter from the back. I am tendering my marriage certificate to show the relationship, I don't think putting the money in my account now will give me sufficient time b4 applying

That 'might' work but don't take my word for it, i never saw anybody who went that route. . . but. . .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
Uhm, please what do you guys think i should do now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
shemy: Uhm, please what do you guys think i should do now?
. Nowhere has anybody used his Uncle's account and definitely not on this thread. You can use a Joint account with your name as one of the account holders( that is not just being a signatory to the account) and the funds should have been held for 28 days. Like Justwise said, It MAY work but it's a big gamble. Ideally, To have the money transferred to your own account is the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2012
Already working on transferring to my acc and I am sure by monday it will be there. My fear now is 28days from 23 July will 20 of August, hope it will nt b to late to apply then? My sch is opening 24 Sept. Was just careless abt the acc thing was thinking the other way will work initially
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2012
shemy: Already working on transferring to my acc and I am sure by monday it will be there. My fear now is 28days from 23 July will 20 of August, hope it will nt b to late to apply then? My sch is opening 24 Sept. Was just careless abt the acc thing was thinking the other way will work initially
It's pretty close but you still have a month so it will work out fine. No worries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueleled: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
hey Guys, i just got my student visa today. Rejoice with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
kunlewoye:

Hi Steph,
-I was told since I had no visa to show in it(valid/invalid) then it would not be returned as it would mean having two valid passports
-The one I did a validity extension on was supposed to expire next January. Salford Uni advised it'd be better to have a passport with a validity covering the duration of my program
-Did you do a validity extension for ur e-passport or it expired and then you renewed?
-I had never done a validity extension before so I specifically asked for my old passport back but they would not give it back.
-This was about a month ago.
mine was still valid, I had to renew it cos it was expiring dec, the old one was returned to me but cancelled without prejudice, that way only the new one is valid. Cancelled was stamped over the pages. I had a visa on it tho, call and ask them to cancel it without prejudice. I did mine too last month so it can't be a new rule
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
samuel.eled:
Just as I had anticipated, Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
samuel.eled:
Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
shemy: Already working on transferring to my acc and I am sure by monday it will be there. My fear now is 28days from 23 July will 20 of August, hope it will nt b to late to apply then? My sch is opening 24 Sept. Was just careless abt the acc thing was thinking the other way will work initially

Most student visa applications take 15 working days to process (I.e excluding public holidays and weekends), but most times it rarely ever gets to the 15th day before a decision is made, if your application is straightfoward and void of questionable details that might involve a string of verification checks, u might be lucky to get it between 9-12 working days from application. so you might do well to make sure there are no loopholes in your application so that it comes out on time and u're also able to book a flight on time putting into consideration what date your school has allowed for resumption or late resumption(I'm hoping it doesn't get to this tho). Cos booking your flights late might result in outrageous fares especially when u have to make it from an agent as a result of flights being already fully booked.

This is just a general advice to many who rely on late applications. @shemy I believe yours is not late. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
samuel.eled:
congratulations. where did you submit your application?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
Thank you all for your help and reassurances, May God prosper and bless u all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
shemy: Thank you all for your help and reassurances, May God prosper and bless u all
Amen. We will all make it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olami1224: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
honey86:
congratulations. where did you submit your application?.

Congratulations!!! please kind you give a list of all the documents you submitted, the alll necessary steps involve... thanks... i want to apply too so i want to use it as a guide....

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
samuel.eled:
congrats! just yesterday u dey parah... hope honey86 gets his too!!

steph7: mine was still valid, I had to renew it cos it was expiring dec, the old one was returned to me but cancelled without prejudice, that way only the new one is valid. Cancelled was stamped over the pages. I had a visa on it tho, call and ask them to cancel it without prejudice. I did mine too last month so it can't be a new rule

@Steph7, there you have it... I'm sure it's no biggie. It's not like they have any OJORO they always do with old passports, or is there? I have already dropped my application and nothing matters till we see the outcome. I heard about this strike by UKBA officials, how true is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zubbainno123: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
@justwise and co, please i need an urgent clarification on this.............can your elder brother sponsor your UK student visa application, but D maintenance fee will be in my own account, I jst need †̥☺ present his bank details as my sponsor. Plz is dis possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
zubbainno123: @justwise and co, please i need an urgent clarification on this.............can your elder brother sponsor your UK student visa application, but D maintenance fee will be in my own account, I jst need †̥☺ present his bank details as my sponsor. Plz is dis possible?

Only your mum & daddy can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

Note that he said the maintenance fund will be in his own account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
zubbainno123: @justwise and co, please i need an urgent clarification on this.............can your elder brother sponsor your UK student visa application, but D maintenance fee will be in my own account, I jst need †̥☺ present his bank details as my sponsor. Plz is dis possible?

honey86:
Note that he said the maintenance fund will be in his own account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zubbainno123: 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

I was thinking I can have d maintenance fund in my own account, while I will present my brothers bank account as my sponsor, meaning he will b responsible for my subsequent tuition since I will hv to only pay my first year fees.
Please I need to understand how this thing works, plz try and explain beta. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
zubbainno123:

I was thinking I can have d maintenance fund in my own account, while I will present my brothers bank account as my sponsor, meaning he will b responsible for my subsequent tuition since I will hv to only pay my first year fees.
Please I need to understand how this thing works, plz try and explain beta. Thanks

Read from 155 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zubbainno123: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

Read from 155 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

Sorry please, I didn't find the info on the link..............please pardon my curiosity, but I think have heard of people that where sponsored by their other relatives other than their parents. Thank!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
zubbainno123:

Sorry please, I didn't find the info on the link..............please pardon my curiosity, but I think have heard of people that where sponsored by their other relatives other than their parents. Thank!

Ok, good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
zubbainno123:

Only your parents can serve as your sponsor, meaning you can only use their account apart from yours. By your parents I mean your mum and dad. That's all. If your brother wants to sponsor you, Let him transfer the money to your account. That's the only way your brother can sponsor you. You cannot use your brother's account. You can only use yours, your mum's or dad's. I hope this answers your questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zubbainno123: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
Donxavier: Only your parents can serve as your sponsor, meaning you can only use their account apart from yours. By your parents I mean your mum and dad. That's all. If your brother wants to sponsor you, Let him transfer the money to your account. That's the only way your brother can sponsor you. You cannot use your brother's account. You can only use yours, your mum's or dad's. I hope this answers your questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zubbainno123: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Donxavier: Only your parents can serve as your sponsor, meaning you can only use their account apart from yours. By your parents I mean your mum and dad. That's all. If your brother wants to sponsor you, Let him transfer the money to your account. That's the only way your brother can sponsor you. You cannot use your brother's account. You can only use yours, your mum's or dad's. I hope this answers your questions.

Yes, thanks very much, I really appreciate........God bless you for your efforts here.#Thanks once more#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SirP1: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
@donxavier Did you send me an e-mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sir P!:
@donxavier Did you send me an e-mail?
Yes I did. Can I have your e mail address?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SirP1: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
^ Sent you a mail now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
^ I ve replied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.