Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868150 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Brethren, do I have to write an application letter to the Uk embassy?

Is The requirement needed for a government sponsored student is just sponsorship letter?

Do I have to take the Vaf9 form printed out and filled,international passpor, two passport photographs, my personal bank statement just to show. Then my waec certificate, nysc discharge certificate, BSc certificate, Medical clearance letter and a police report too. Pls I need the exact requirement I will take to the embassy. Its only My Waec Certificate that is stated on My Cas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
Here is what is on my CAS. So I want to know what exactly the documents I will tendet @ the embassy.

About the Course:
Course Title: MSc ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT (FT)
Academic Level: QCF_NQF7
Course/Visa Start Date: 24 September 2012
Course End date: 30 September 2013
Latest Start date:
Place of Study: COCKCROFT BUILDING
LEWES ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
BN2 4GJ
Placement address:
Full time: Y
Hours per week: 0
ATAS certificate required for this course: N

About money due and paid by you to the University:
Course Fees due: 12750
Course Fees paid: 4000
Accommodation fees due: 0
Accommodation fees paid: 0

About the academic qualification for the course:
Qualifications for the Course:
Qualification: BSc Plant Biology Awarding Body: University of Benin Status: Verified
We have assessed this students English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to minimum CEFR B2 in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.

We confirm that this course represents academic progress
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2012
Pls here is a copy of My CAS statement. What do u think are the document I will use in it. Pls I want to know.

About the Course:
Latest Start date:
LEWES ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
BN2 4GJ
Placement address:

Qualification: BSc Plant Biology Awarding Body: University of Benin Status: Verified
We have assessed this students English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to minimum CEFR B2 in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
dexter101: Hi Everyone,

my name is olukemi and i am about to apply for a tier4 visa. i have paid all tuition and i have right amount for maintenance bt the issue is all my document has adigun foluso olukemi which i started using since my waec but my birth certificate has adigun omotayo olukemi. my question is what should i do?note that my last name is d same with my parents and i have their consent letter already. what should i do about the name? thanks.

What names do you have on your international passport? Did you undergo a change of name at any point in life (if so, is this change documented in an affidavit or public newspaper?),

My best advice would be (esp if your course doesn't begin till mid or late sept and beyond) for you to ask your parents to pay the money into your account as soon as possible, wait 28 days, print out your account statement, append/attach ur oanda conversion and apply. That way you won't need the birth certificate for visa application..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
please Cavenchy[color=#000099][/color]answer my question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
opzijay: thanks Justwise and the rest.i read this thread everyday.I'm waiting for my CAS.i have however misplaced my original waec result.i used the photocopy for my application and i was given the conditional offer.now my confusion is this-should i inform my school Not to include the waec certificate in the CAS(if Its possible),or hope they don't,or get waec to send confirmation to the embassy,or notorize the photocopy.Pls Justwise and the rest.advise

Wait till you see the CAS. You are only required to show the documents stated in your CAS. When you get the CAS, you can now decide on the way forward.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
opzijay: thanks Justwise and the rest.i read this thread everyday.I'm waiting for my CAS.i have however misplaced my original waec result.i used the photocopy for my application and i was given the conditional offer.now my confusion is this-should i inform my school Not to include the waec certificate in the CAS(if Its possible),or hope they don't,or get waec to send confirmation to the embassy,or notorize the photocopy.Pls Justwise and the rest.advise

I'm not too familiar with waec certificate issues but I'm certain that the ukba made it clear in the tier4migrant guidelines that they only accept original documents and not copies. You might need to contact your school's international student advisory unit about this to ensure the cas contains information you are comfortable with.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: Here is what is on my CAS. So I want to know what exactly the documents I will tendet @ the embassy.

About the Course:
Latest Start date:
LEWES ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
BN2 4GJ
Placement address:

You will submit your B.SC,International Passport,Letter of Sponsorship from your State Government[Meeting all there requirements],Visa forms duly filled and your passport photographs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: Brethren, do I have to write an application letter to the Uk embassy?

Is The requirement needed for a government sponsored student is just sponsorship letter?

Do I have to take the Vaf9 form printed out and filled,international passpor, two passport photographs, my personal bank statement just to show. Then my waec certificate, nysc discharge certificate, BSc certificate, Medical clearance letter and a police report too. Pls I need the exact requirement I will take to the embassy. Its only My Waec Certificate that is stated on My Cas.

See my response above. You only need to show documents stated in your CAS. I didnt see any waec certificate listed in your CAS. No need for Nysc certificate, Medical clearance,blah blah blah. Just what I stated above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
opzijay: please Cavenchy[color=#000099][/color]answer my question

In addition to what I explained earlier abt the efficacy of an original certificate you might want to read this.
https://www.nairaland.com/279863/uk-visa-new-points-based
Its an old post though (2009) and as such, many visa rules have been changed but as regards the waec I think the same grounds for refusal still apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
Cavenchy:

I'm not too familiar with waec certificate issues but I'm certain that the ukba made it clear in the tier4migrant guidelines that they only accept original documents and not copies. You might need to contact your school's international student advisory unit about this to ensure the cas contains information you are comfortable with.

thanks brother.i appreciate your help.is it possible to tell them/dictate what you want.i mean-i sent them a mail about it over the weekend hoping they will respond this week.do you think they can bulge?if they don't,what is the worst case scenario?what is the last thing i can do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2012

It's simple goto 2 ur nearest WAEC office, Ʊ pay a certain amount n request dat a copy of ur WAEC result be sent 2d british high commision provided Ʊ av a police report n a sworn affidavit. I think d process takes bou 2weeks my cousin had same prob n dats d process she went true nw she is in UK, I hope dis helps n all d BEST
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:37am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:

thanks brother.i appreciate your help.is it possible to tell them/dictate what you want.i mean-i sent them a mail about it over the weekend hoping they will respond this week.do you think they can bulge?if they don't,what is the worst case scenario?what is the last thing i can do?

At the moment the school is in the best position to assist you, if they go on to request waec on the cas, contact the Waec office and request for a confirmation of your result to be sent to the BHC (this should be addressed directly from waec to prove its authenticity). You should also have an affidavit and police report clearly stating what happened to your original certificate. Then include these plus a scratch card if u can get one, to your photocopy. And explain the details of the condition and what you have included to this respect, in the Additional information of the form,
Read through the part 1 of this thread, there are a couple of people who went through similar situations. I've taken the time to go through some of those posts and I noticed 'tjadeba' had a similar issue.
https://www.nairaland.com/127964/general-uk-visa-enquiries/59#4387187 (scroll down close to the bottom of the page 59)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 5:22am On Jul 16, 2012
thanks cavenchy and omopapa.i really salute your help.i will hope they don't include it.cos I'm still serving in Calabar and time is of the essence.i have contacted the international office to tell them.and if they decide they want to.i will go down to LAGOS to do all these.i will keep you guys posted.thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2012
do I have to write an application letter to the Uk embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: do I have to write an application letter to the Uk embassy?

Download and Print VAF9 and VAF 9 appendix 8 visa forms, Read the Tier4migrant guidelines for all information concerning visa applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay: thanks cavenchy and omopapa.i really salute your help.i will hope they don't include it.cos I'm still serving in Calabar and time is of the essence.i have contacted the international office to tell them.and if they decide they want to.i will go down to LAGOS to do all these.i will keep you guys posted.thanks a lot.

When is your course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: do I have to write an application letter to the Uk embassy?

You know its not fair when you asked a question and people take their time to answer you but you don't bother to read it? You asked the question about the list of documents to be submitted to the embassy in page16 and i answered you and some other members here have given you good answers to your question but you don't seem to take any.

If you bother to read part1 or even from page 2 of this thread you will see all the info, you have also been given link to UKBA website where all the info about student visa rule is outlined.. . . .well. . . .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay: thanks cavenchy and omopapa.i really salute your help.i will hope they don't include it.cos I'm still serving in Calabar and time is of the essence.i have contacted the international office to tell them.and if they decide they want to.i will go down to LAGOS to do all these.i will keep you guys posted.thanks a lot.

The school gave you an admission based on the certificate you submitted, if you asked them not to include it in the CAS what else do you want them to use as the bases of giving you admission?

Are you going to send another certificate to be used to access your academic qualification for the course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

You know its not fair when you asked a question and people take their time to answer you but you don't bother to read it? You asked the question about the list of documents to be submitted to the embassy in page16 and i answered you and some other members here have given you good answers to your question but you don't seem to take any.

If you bother to read part1 or even from page 2 of this thread you will see all the info, you have also been given link to UKBA website where all the info about student visa rule is outlined.. . . .well. . . .
. I was about to say the same thing when I saw what he wrote but I had to refrain myself. I must salute you. This work you do takes Great patience, it isn't an easy work at all. More power to your elbow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2012
Donxavier: . I was about to say the same thing when I saw what he wrote but I had to refrain myself. I must salute you. This work you do takes Great patience, it isn't an easy work at all. More power to your elbow.

No worries, we can only do our little best to help each other.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2012
Hi people. I have already applied for my UK Student Visa. I had few queries. My family name doesn't appear on the bank statement, as It is a joint account with my father. He is the primary account holder. But, I did submit a reference letter from bank with my account details and it has full names of me and my father. So should that be ok?

And friend, As i've fund in joint account with my father
I selected Option 3 and wrote my side "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT" in PBS APPENDIX8 form of question 6.18
Question is
Do you've money in own name?
1)Yes
2)No
3)parent/ legal guardians account "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT"

Please could you all my friends help me with this query?
God Bless you all

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

The school gave you an admission based on the certificate you submitted, if you asked them not to include it in the CAS what else do you want them to use as the bases of giving you admission?

Are you going to send another certificate to be used to access your academic qualification for the course?

True, I included my waec in my sch application and on receiving the cas it didn't contain it but I still included it in my visa application anyway to prove to the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that my English is in good standing. it's possible to ask the school (when they send the information to be added on the cas to him for initial verification) to include in the cas, the full details of the type/kind of certificate that was used to make a decision on his application. E.g Waec Certificate (Photocopy).

Just to add, Justwise u have been a source of inspiration to many, may God enlargen your coast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2012
neil.gupta15:
Hi people. I have already applied for my UK Student Visa. I had few queries. My family name doesn't appear on the bank statement, as It is a joint account with my father. He is the primary account holder. But, I did submit a reference letter from bank with my account details and it has full names of me and my father. So should that be ok?

And friend, As i've fund in joint account with my father
I selected Option 3 and wrote my side "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT" in PBS APPENDIX8 form of question 6.18
Question is
Do you've money in own name?
1)Yes
2)No
3)parent/ legal guardians account "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT"

Please could you all my friends help me with this query?
God Bless you all

Thanks

Did u include a letter from the primary signatory(your dad) permitting you to have full access to the funds contained in the account for your use in the uk? Nothwithstanding, you've made your application already just hope for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

Did u include a letter from the primary signatory(your dad) permitting you to have full access to the funds contained in the account for your use in the uk? Nothwithstanding, you've made your application already just hope for the best.

Yes, I submitted a letter of consent from him stating he authorizes me to use the money in the joint bank account. The documents I submitted to the UKBA are : Degree certificate and transcripts, IELTS Certificate, Birth Certificate, 28 days Bank statement, Bank Reference letter (which has full names of account holders), Letter of consent from dad, Fathers passport copy, All passports, Passport photo, Both Appendix and VAF forms. Am I missing out on anything? Please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2012
neil.gupta15:

Yes, I submitted a letter of consent from him stating he authorizes me to use the money in the joint bank account. The documents I submitted to the UKBA are : Degree certificate and transcripts, IELTS Certificate, Birth Certificate, 28 days Bank statement, Bank Reference letter (which has full names of account holders), Letter of consent from dad, Fathers passport copy, All passports, Passport photo, Both Appendix and VAF forms. Am I missing out on anything? Please let me know.

Thanks

If all your cas required' documents are part of what you've stated above then you're currently on the right track, appending/attaching the oanda conversion of your closing balance stating what the account is worth in pounds would have been the icing on the cake because that is also required by law. But I don't think they'll reject your application when you've clearly got 40points on pbs. Pray n wait for your visa mate. All d best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

If all your cas required' documents are part of what you've stated above then you're currently on the right track, appending/attaching the oanda conversion of your closing balance stating what the account is worth in pounds would have been the icing on the cake because that is also required by law. But I don't think they'll reject your application when you've clearly got 40points on pbs. Pray n wait for your visa mate. All d best

Thanks a lot brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2012
neil.gupta15:

Thanks

You will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

True, I included my waec in my sch application and on receiving the cas it didn't contain it but I still included it in my visa application anyway to prove to the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that my English is in good standing. it's possible to ask the school (when they send the information to be added on the cas to him for initial verification) to include in the cas, the full details of the type/kind of certificate that was used to make a decision on his application. E.g Waec Certificate (Photocopy).

Just to add, Justwise u have been a source of inspiration to many, may God enlargen your coast.

I do understand your point, but its the school decision to chose what to include among the documents you submitted, its not your position to ask them not to include it after they might have given you admission based on those documents, that will send a wrong message to them. They will only listen to that request if your explanation is genuine enough.

Thanks for your kind words by the way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2012
Brothers am sorry. My fone doesn't immediately update posts that's y I always send it twice to be sure.bear with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

You will be fine.

By the way, I submitted online bank statements which were authenticated/stamped by the bank. That should be fine, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

I do understand your point, but its the school decision to chose what to include among the documents you submitted, its not your position to ask them not to include it after they might have given you admission based on those documents, that will send a wrong message to them. They will only listen to that request if your explanation is genuine enough.

Thanks for your kind words by the way.

I agree with you, I never adviced him to ask the school not to include it, but to explain his situation to them so that they know how best to state it on the cas, that is why they send a confirmation of details to the student before issuing the actual cas, so that you can correct any misrepresentation on it. If for instance you attended University of Nigeria or a Federal University of Technology, your statement might bear just that as the header and as such the uk uni will assume that's the full name of your uni . You should alert them to include the actual location e.g Nsukka,Minna,Owerri,Yola,Akure e.t.c. (it's happened to a couple of peeps I know and after this alert on confirmation, the sch issued the cas with the full name of the institution where degree was obtained)

This is the reason why I said "to ensure they send a cas with details you are comfortable with" (not neccesarily to change what documents they want to include). Hence, my previous reply to your post on dis particular issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.