Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,761 members, 7,851,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868141 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2012
thanks cavenchy.i told them i used photocopy of my waec certificate cos i can't find the original.although UKEAS contact told me SUNDERLAND usually don't add WAEC to CAS statements.still waiting for the reply from the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

When is your course start date?

they gave me SEPTEMBER.But i want to do January 2013.i have applied for a deferment.I don't want to ditch service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

The school gave you an admission based on the certificate you submitted, if you asked them not to include it in the CAS what else do you want them to use as the bases of giving you admission?

Are you going to send another certificate to be used to access your academic qualification for the course?
if at worst they insist on using it.i will apply to waec for a confirmation of result to be sent to them.then if they like,they should base their decision on that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2012
neil.gupta15:

By the way, I submitted online bank statements which were authenticated/stamped by the bank. That should be fine, right?

The student’s personal bank or building society statements must show:

• the student’s or their parents(s)/legal guardians name; and
• the account number; and
• the date of the statement; and
• the financial institution’s name and logo; and
• the amount of money available.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this
excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the student wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account
these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the student will need to
provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements provided.

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in
question will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day
as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period
needed.

Source:UKBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:
if at worst they insist on using it.i will apply to waec for a confirmation of result to be sent to them.then if they like,they should base their decision on that.

Hope u are aware that the them in this case should be the BHC and not the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:

they gave me SEPTEMBER.But i want to do January 2013.i have applied for a deferment.I don't want to ditch service.

I guess you are passing out in the next pop, so If your deferment has been duly endorsed by the uni, then u have to start making moves to obtain the police report and sworn affidavit in time. Also a different cas will be put in for you, as u won't be able to use sept start cas to apply for january start visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

Hope u are aware that the them in this case should be the BHC and not the school.

really?was thinking i can send a confirmation to them so they reprocess my admission on the basis of the confirmation from waec so it will be easy for the BHC to admit the confirmation when i present it.is that Not better?or is it 100% certain that BHC will accept confirmation with police report and affidavit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

The student’s personal bank or building society statements must show:

• the student’s or their parents(s)/legal guardians name; and
• the account number; and
• the date of the statement; and
• the financial institution’s name and logo; and
• the amount of money available.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this
excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the student wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account
these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the student will need to
provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements provided.

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in
question will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day
as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period
needed.

Source:UKBA

You did highlight the main details about online statement. But what about the alternative option, Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. . Doesn't it apply to me as I submitted stamped online bank statements?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

I guess you are passing out in the next pop, so If your deferment has been duly endorsed by the uni, then u have to start making moves to obtain the police report and sworn affidavit in time. Also a different cas will be put in for you, as u won't be able to use sept start cas to apply for january start visa.
yeah.I'm passing out October 15.will fly to lag the next day to start processing stuffs.my contact in UKEAS Just mailed me.she said once the CAS statement for September doesn't contain WAEC.i won't need to bother anyway.i appreciate your help cavenchy.still waiting on the mail from the international office anyway.that will help me to make a final decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay: thanks cavenchy.i told them i used photocopy of my waec certificate cos i can't find the original.although UKEAS contact told me SUNDERLAND usually don't add WAEC to CAS statements.still waiting for the reply from the school.

If they are deferring your admission till january, it will be useless issuing you sept cas because u can't use it. Mind you CAS has a 6month life span. If they should issue you january cas now it's likely to expire in january. So they might take their time and issue it at an appropriate time so that u have ample time to apply for visa without fear of expiration before u actually arrive the uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:

really?was thinking i can send a confirmation to them so they reprocess my admission on the basis of the confirmation from waec so it will be easy for the BHC to admit the confirmation when i present it.is that Not better?or is it 100% certain that BHC will accept confirmation with police report and affidavit?

The request for confirmation from waec will be sent to the BHC to prove authenticity of the fact you actually have the waec results you claim to have. If the uk uni doesn't doubt the authenticity of your claim to possess waec, why send a confirmation to them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

The request for confirmation from waec will be sent to the BHC to prove authenticity of the fact you actually have the waec results you claim to have. If the uk uni doesn't doubt the authenticity of your claim to possess waec, why send a confirmation to them?
thanks..are you saying that once BHC gets a confirmation from waec and i go with the other documents i don't have a reason to worry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

the reason why i Tot about sending it to the school is to maybe change the documents for admission so that the school will indicate in CAS that i used statement of result and that they verified it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:
the reason why i Tot about sending it to the school is to maybe change the documents for admission so that the school will indicate in CAS that i used statement of result and that they verified it.

The reason ukba requests for your documents the school used in offering you admission, is to visually and analytically verify that the information you sent to the school(mostly scanned copies) are not forged or doctored on a computer/are authentic/actually belong to you/approved by regulatory bodies/ and in your possession. The school enlists their expertise for this purpose as the sch is unable to really verify authenticity of international qualifications because they are not in close proximity and might not fully understand the methods for verification as the Ukba domiciled in your country(here) would. Therefore the Ukba BHC acts as a security check for the uni, to ensure u don't trick the system. If you insist on asking the sch to change the documents u've already used to apply to them and u've been granted admission on these grounds, they might start having doubts about your qualifications. However, you can email them with a neutral email account to ask any questions you need clarification on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by opzijay: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
Cavenchy:

The reason ukba requests for your documents the school used in offering you admission, is to visually and analytically verify that the information you sent to the school(mostly scanned copies) are not forged or doctored on a computer/are authentic/actually belong to you/approved by regulatory bodies/ and in your possession. The school enlists their expertise for this purpose as the sch is unable to really verify authenticity of international qualifications because they are not in close proximity and might not fully understand the methods for verification as the Ukba domiciled in your country(here) would. Therefore the Ukba BHC acts as a security check for the uni, to ensure u don't trick the system. If you insist on asking the sch to change the documents u've already used to apply to them and u've been granted admission on these grounds, they might start having doubts about your qualifications. However, you can email them with a neutral email account to ask any questions you need clarification on.

thanks.will Just go send the confirmation to BHC then and hope they accept it.Thats if they include it in my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
neil.gupta15:

You did highlight the main details about online statement. But what about the alternative option, Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. . Doesn't it apply to me as I submitted stamped online bank statements?

Then in that case you got nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by neilgupta15: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
justwise:

Then in that case you got nothing to worry about.

By the way, wanted to reconfirm. As i've fund in joint account with my father
I selected Option 3 and wrote my side "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT" in PBS APPENDIX8 form of question 6.18
Question is
Do you've money in own name?
1)Yes
2)No
3)parent/ legal guardians account "JOINT ACCOUNT WITH STUDENT"

That shouldn't be a problem, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ell77(f): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Good to see people still assisting each other. I am getting more requests for accommodation assistance and job assistance. We are doing our best and have started expanding in the accommodation department with a view to invest in property we will own and manage ourselves. Those of you who are interested in privately rented accommodation should fill in the survey below:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P7TKT96

We already have a number of places in Birmingham, Huddersfield and Manchester.

The cost of a full apartment in Manchester for instance, is about £450pcm excluding bills (£650pcm including bills). For a room it can be as low as £300pcm including bills but this would mean sharing a bathroom and kitchen with a maximum of 4 other people (though usually only 1 or 2 flatmates unlike 10+ flatmates for hostel/halls of residence).

Distances from university are on average 15 minutes by car for our most optimally priced and popular properties obviously longer by public transport (approx 30 minutes depending on property). Because we are purchasing some properties in this area soon, there may be an opportunity for you to land a great deal and personalise your room/home so that you have some home comforts. We often add services of stocking fridge, freezer and cupboard with Nigerian drinks, foods and cereals from a list we provide just before you pay deposit. We even provide an umbrella and UK sim card also and can assist with other settling in tasks like registering with a doctor and bank!

Please respond today if possible with your preferences.

Thanks

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
opzijay:

thanks.will Just go send the confirmation to BHC then and hope they accept it.Thats if they include it in my CAS.

Remember you can't use Cas meant for sept start to apply for visa meant for january start. All the best mate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
ell77: Good to see people still assisting each other. I am getting more requests for accommodation assistance and job assistance. We are doing our best and have started expanding in the accommodation department with a view to invest in property we will own and manage ourselves. Those of you who are interested in privately rented accommodation should fill in the survey below:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P7TKT96

We already have a number of places in Birmingham, Huddersfield and Manchester.

The cost of a full apartment in Manchester for instance, is about £450pcm excluding bills (£650pcm including bills). For a room it can be as low as £300pcm including bills but this would mean sharing a bathroom and kitchen with a maximum of 4 other people (though usually only 1 or 2 flatmates unlike 10+ flatmates for hostel/halls of residence).

Distances from university are on average 15 minutes by car for our most optimally priced and popular properties obviously longer by public transport (approx 30 minutes depending on property). Because we are purchasing some properties in this area soon, there may be an opportunity for you to land a great deal and personalise your room/home so that you have some home comforts. We often add services of stocking fridge, freezer and cupboard with Nigerian drinks, foods and cereals from a list we provide just before you pay deposit. We even provide an umbrella and UK sim card also and can assist with other settling in tasks like registering with a doctor and bank!

Please respond today if possible with your preferences.

Thanks

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd

Wow Ell77 so good to see you on here, you were so instrumental to the success of many peeps in Part 1 of the thread.
Will contact u soon with regards to what u've posted above.
God bless u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Has any one here seen a local government sponsored student, who successfully acquired a student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by RipPer99: 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hi....am New on Here..and I Know This question Might sound famaliar...Buh Has anYbody Applied for The Tier 4 student Visa..lately...and How Long did It take..I have applied ...bUh this is The 3rd week...or the 12th working day to be precise...I haven't gotten any replY...I have been tracking it online..buh The message There from The day I submitted is That..itz been proccessed at The BHC...Maybe I'm just been ImpatienT...Buh if There's any one who has applied and gotten it in less TheN 3weeks..pls Holla.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
RipPer99: Hi....am New on Here..and I Know This question Might sound famaliar...Buh Has anYbody Applied for The Tier 4 student Visa..lately...and How Long did It take..I have applied ...bUh this is The 3rd week...or the 12th working day to be precise...I haven't gotten any replY...I have been tracking it online..buh The message There from The day I submitted is That..itz been proccessed at The BHC...Maybe I'm just been ImpatienT...Buh if There's any one who has applied and gotten it in less TheN 3weeks..pls Holla.[color=#770077][/color]
. Read the first page of this part 2. The answer to your question is there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by RipPer99: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Donxavier: . Read the first page of this part 2. The answer to your question is there.

ThanKz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hi All,
I'm all set to apply. My ATAS clearance was granted some weeks back, just before Salford Uni advised that I extend the validity of my passport that was expiring next January(I later found out this was unnecessary). I went ahead and got the new passport (the old one was withheld by the issuing authority- ABUJA) and then made another ATAS application to bear the new passport details. Is it possible to use the ATAS clearance initially assigned stating to UKBA I did validity extension on my passport since the old and new ATAS would bear the same details anyway(course,uni....) bar the passport information? Thinking of presenting copies of the passport page of the old/withheld passport to back it up. Is this advisable? The new application is taking forever!

As regards oanda, apart from writing how much u have in your account in pounds on the bank statemnts/Application, should one write the conversion of the amount needed to still be paid in Naira or how do they check ur transactions during the 28 days didn't bring ur balance below what's required?

Should I take my passport at VFS or give the specs to a photographer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
kunlewoye: Hi All,
I'm all set to apply. My ATAS clearance was granted some weeks back, just before Salford Uni advised that I extend the validity of my passport that was expiring next January(I later found out this was unnecessary). I went ahead and got the new passport (the old one was withheld by the issuing authority- ABUJA) and then made another ATAS application to bear the new passport details. Is it possible to use the ATAS clearance initially assigned stating to UKBA I did validity extension on my passport since the old and new ATAS would bear the same details anyway(course,uni....) bar the passport information? Thinking of presenting copies of the passport page of the old/withheld passport to back it up. Is this advisable? The new application is taking forever!

As regards oanda, apart from writing how much u have in your account in pounds on the bank statemnts/Application, should one write the conversion of the amount needed to still be paid in Naira or how do they check ur transactions during the 28 days didn't bring ur balance below what's required?

why was your old passport withheld, I recently renewed my e passport and it was cancelled and returned . I doubt them seizing ur passport is right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
kunlewoye: Hi All,

They supposed to return your old passport cancelled, photo copies may not be accepted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
steph7: why was your old passport withheld, I recently renewed my e passport and it was cancelled and returned . I doubt them seizing ur passport is right

Hi Steph,
-I was told since I had no visa to show in it(valid/invalid) then it would not be returned as it would mean having two valid passports
-The one I did a validity extension on was supposed to expire next January. Salford Uni advised it'd be better to have a passport with a validity covering the duration of my program
-Did you do a validity extension for ur e-passport or it expired and then you renewed?
-I had never done a validity extension before so I specifically asked for my old passport back but they would not give it back.
-This was about a month ago.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
justwise:

They supposed to return your old passport cancelled, photo copies may not be accepted.
@Justwise, does this spell doom?... Me I no understand again o...perhaps I should press them some more to know if it's absolutely impossible to have it back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
kunlewoye:
@Justwise, does this spell doom?... Me I no understand again o...perhaps I should press them some more to know if it's absolutely impossible to have it back.

Ask them to return your old passport since you have used the details there to apply for admission, presenting photo copies is not a good idea. you supposed to submit both the old and the new passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
justwise:

Ask them to return your old passport since you have used the details there to apply for admission, presenting photo copies is not a good idea. you supposed to submit both the old and the new passport.

Hi all, the new one just came out tonight with the details of the new passport!!! I'm soo applying tomorrow!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.