Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868962 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2013
Don Oms:
I understand your situation and it is not uncommon with us Nigerians. The implication is this: It is risky. God forbid, (1) but if you have delay in your visa processing, it might lead to refusal; (2) or if refused visa, there will be no time to either re-apply or submit an Admin Review Notice.
While that is said, and in the hope that the above will not happen, this is what you should do. ENSURE you let your school indicate the deadline of resumption on your CAS. And if not, let them write an additional note along with your CAS to UKBA. And if not, let them send you an email telling you of the extension and then you print it out and add it to your application. Also, you may need to write a short formal introduction letter you will address to the UKBA and note there that there is a two-week extension on your resumption date.
If this is done, you will reduce the risk of refusal due to late application. But ensure you have every other thing correct and in order because you must be given the visa, else you will be forced to wait till another admission entry. Good Luck!
Thanks Don oms,I have the deadline on my CAS already, but should I still go ahead writing d letter notifying d 2weeks extension deadline or ECO will see it on the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by morr1tz: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2013
morr1tz: My bother submitted his visa application at Abuja just two days ago and this morning received this email from ukba;;

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

I thought the process takes up to two weeks. When I applied last year mine took about 8 working days and I thought they don't state whether the visa approval status normally.

Has anyone experienced this b4

The website above is a spam site. Definitely fake contact.
Just keep calm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2013
spikes C:

The website above is a spam site. Definitely fake contact.
Just keep calm
U are wrong. That website and msg is genuine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmm dts really strange. Dt website is real of course, but I hv never heard of ukba telling result of ur application...even the 2 days is quite surprising but it is not impossible.
Ur bro shd just thread with caution, use the application tracking link n know wats really up with his passport.
Don't forget to keep us in d loop smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
bunburized:
U are wrong. That website and msg is genuine.

hmmm

I don't like arguments, especially on my field of work.

Pls, whatever you do on that site, you do on your own peril.
However it affects you, that's ur business.

That link might be real, but the server behind it serves pages from www.vfs.org.in

For the most basic, download google chrome and visit that link.

To each, his own wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
spikes C:

hmmm

That link might be real, but the server behind it serves pages from www.vfs.org.in

To each, his own wink
A simple call to vfs centre will confirm or otherwise.
That link is 110% real. Period!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
Can I use correction fluid on my form? The hand-written one not the type written?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
keji11:
Thanks Don oms,I have the deadline on my CAS already, but should I still go ahead writing d letter notifying d 2weeks extension deadline or ECO will see it on the CAS.
The letter is nt necessary then. But if you like, you can still write it; that will mean you're telling the ECO to do his job well by opening his eyes...lol.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
royalsweetness: Can I use correction fluid on my form? The hand-written one not the type written?
Of course, you can; especially if it is just a few letters. if it's up to me, I'll just reprint that page and fill it again anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
spikes C:

hmmm

To each, his own wink
VFS is an indian company and their backbone servers are indian links. Not only is the site real, the issue shouldn't be an argument. Let the said brother just track it. After all, the message didn't say he should come to a particular place for collection or that he should send further details or money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
morr1tz: My bother submitted his visa application at Abuja just two days ago and this morning received this email from ukba;;

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

I thought the process takes up to two weeks. When I applied last year mine took about 8 working days and I thought they don't state whether the visa approval status normally.

Has anyone experienced this b4
It is genuine I got that same message the same week 4 days after my interview/application. Am guessing the are targeting approving student visa within 2 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
Don Oms:
VFS is an indian company and their backbone servers are indian links. Not only is the site real, the issue shouldn't be an argument. Let the said brother just track it. After all, the message didn't say he should come to a particular place for collection or that he should send further details or money.
Exactly!
@ Spikes C, that's d vfs site for nija naa, unless u mean the link in that particular mail leads to a totally different site.
Anyway morr1tz, i think u shd just clear d air,has ur bro tracked it yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Don Oms:
Of course, you can; especially if it is just a few letters. if it's up to me, I'll just reprint that page and fill it again anyway.

Ok, thanks, I'd just reprint if airtel still works on modems grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 4:38am On Dec 07, 2013
keji11:

Pls note your CAS should not be one month old before your visa application,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:12am On Dec 07, 2013
xteeeee:

Pls note your CAS should not be one month old before your visa application,

Dts not right, CAS can b up to 6 months old. I think u r confusing it with bank statement..

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
One quick question.
Can i use 2 accounts. I own both, one is domiciliary and the other is a normal savings account.
I kind of don't wanna change my pounds to Naira anymore
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 6:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
spikes C: One quick question.
Can i use 2 accounts. I own both, one is domiciliary and the other is a normal savings account.
yes you can used both and the combine amount should be 7200 to 9000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
spikes C: One quick question.
Sure, I did same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
hi peeps, can someone wit a bachelors degree in nigeria come to the uk to do another bachelors degree?

or wud the school insist on her doing a masters.
p.s first degree is industrial mathematics, now want to do banking and finance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pls after submitting my application I am seriouly in need of cash can I withdraw from my maintenance fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
xteeeee: Pls after submitting my application I am seriouly in need of cash can I withdraw from my maintenance fees

It is not advisable, because if it will bring the balance below the stipulated amount by UKBA, it will disrupt your 28days counting and you might have to start counting all over again and maybe fall below the stipulated sum. I'll advise that you source for alternative funds and when your visa come out, you can draw any money from that account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zabrinma: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Please advice, I own an enterprise and applied for a uk visa two weeks ago and still
Awaitiing results i provided my two personal bank statement
As am travelling on tourist but days later I liquidated one of the accounts which had
Little money to purchase goods for my shop and have not been able to pay in money
to the account but the other account has enough fund which am still paying money
Into,please advice will it cause a problem if the embassy check with the banks, thank
You....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zabrinma: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Please advice, I own an enterprise and applied for a uk visa two weeks ago and still
Awaitiing results i provided my two personal bank statement
As am travelling on tourist but days later I liquidated one of the accounts which had
Little money to purchase goods for my shop and have not been able to pay in money
to the account but the other account has enough fund which am still paying money
Into,please advice will it cause a problem if the embassy check with the banks, thank
You....and please when do they check with the bank after your documents are received?
If anybody knows
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
how do i get to oregun industrial area ikeja from pen cinema
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Zeetry: how do i get to oregun industrial area ikeja from pen cinema
my guess is that you take a bus going to Ojota, stop at Oregun then take a keke to the specific place you are going.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
royalsweetness: my guess is that you take a bus going to Ojota, stop at Oregun then take a keke to the specific place you are going.

ukba visa application centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
bebe2: hi peeps, can someone wit a bachelors degree in nigeria come to the uk to do another bachelors degree?

or wud the school insist on her doing a masters.
p.s first degree is industrial mathematics, now want to do banking and finance.

Sure u can, have a friend that did that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:27am On Dec 09, 2013
mayo47:

Sure u can, have a friend that did that.
What is the most advisable thing to do concerning accommodation?
Should I go ahead and make arrangement for the whole 52 weeks or I should just settle for the minimum contract available pending my arrival then I can make an informed decision concerning my accommodation?
I intend staying in an ensuite accommodation and can't seem to find any available in my school hostel.
I am asking you this question coz am guessing we are both heading for Salford.
Kindly advise as far as accommodation is concern.
I need a nice accommodation and won't mind if it is private but must not be above the schools price range.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2013
My hair is covering one of my ears in the passport photograph I want to submit, hope there's nothing wrong with that

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.