Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868966 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
miz Gene:
Lol dnt mind me jare, dy'll fix ur passport themselves.yes, print out ur online filled vaf9 and also the appendix which u'll then hand fill.

OK THANKS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
bunburized:
When you say photocopies of all docs I assume u are referring to Vaf9, Appendix 8, Passport data page, bank statement and in my case Bsc degree certificate(this is d only doc stated in my cas).
What about the passport photograph? Should I affix it myself b4 heading to the vfs centre or I should wait until I get there?
How many passport photographs do I need?
No need to duplicate d forms n d statement, only 1 passport needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
bunburized:
When you say photocopies of all docs I assume u are referring to Vaf9, Appendix 8, Passport data page, bank statement and in my case Bsc degree certificate(this is d only doc stated in my cas).
What about the passport photograph? Should I affix it myself b4 heading to the vfs centre or I should wait until I get there?
How many passport photographs do I need?
Two photo passport ,make copies of all documents you are submitting eg your bsc and any other documents not the va9 or app8 also make a copy of the data page of your international passport and a copy of your bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
keji11: Someone help.Please i deposited money in current account on december 1 , if am to print bank statement for 28days must it reflect the day i deposited it.from dec 1-28 or 2-29. Need ur advice.Thanks
Please, Print Your Statement From November 30th to December 29th/30th. Ensure that you have a transaction on the first day of counting your 28 days, else the ECO might not be very clear and assume you have not had the money since the time you claim to have had it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
kellyemms: yup d required money i.e maintainance and outstanding tuition
Pay your money anytime you like. Start counting 28days from the next day after payment and ensure you have at least 20 days for visa processing before your school resumes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
miz Gene: I
Use a plastic folder to keep all ur docs together esp if u r a scatter brain like me, Dy will still put it in their own folder doh.
Make a copy of all ur docs, also make one copy of ur passport data page.
Every1 do me a favour and tk d exact cash u need (80,460 plus 500 service charge plus 400 sms)sms isn't compulsory doh. Am oust saying cos d tips at d bank counter der will just tell u 'its 81,500'! angry I had already paid absentmindedly when it clicked n I asked her to do d addition again n gimme my change undecided tongue I no De look Uche face cool.....
Not like am a cheapskate, afterall I've never left d vfs with my change b4 as dy always claim not to hv change, but d audacity of adding 140 naira (dts like a lil below $1 tongue) imagine how many ppl dy do dt to in a day shocked

Lol for I no dey look ushe face
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lahwummie: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2013
miz Gene: I
Use a plastic folder to keep all ur docs together esp if u r a scatter brain like me, Dy will still put it in their own folder doh.
Make a copy of all ur docs, also make one copy of ur passport data page.
Every1 do me a favour and tk d exact cash u need (80,460 plus 500 service charge plus 400 sms)sms isn't compulsory doh. Am oust saying cos d tips at d bank counter der will just tell u 'its 81,500'! angry I had already paid absentmindedly when it clicked n I asked her to do d addition again n gimme my change undecided tongue I no De look Uche face cool.....
Not like am a cheapskate, afterall I've never left d vfs with my change b4 as dy always claim not to hv change, but d audacity of adding 140 naira (dts like a lil below $1 tongue) imagine how many ppl dy do dt to in a day shocked

Pls wats the 80,460 for? Was thinking the visa fee is 21600? Tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
lahwummie:

Pls wats the 80,460 for? Was thinking the visa fee is 21600? Tnx

If its tier 4 visa, the visa fee is 80, 460, you would see it while filling your application and even in the site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
My dad deposited d maintainance money in his account last friday can we start to count d 28days the next day which is saturday or we start counting from the begining of the next working days which is monday. Also According to Don Oms, he was like we should make transaction on d first day. If i am to count frm saturday banks dnt open on saturday whr by i wil b able to make transaction. Lastly, he collected some little loans from the bank to complete d maintainance. Do i need to add the loan letters with my visa application for the interview? Plz make una help me out oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
kellyemms: My dad deposited d maintainance money in his account last friday can we start to count d 28days the next day which is saturday or we start counting from the begining of the next working days which is monday. Also According to Don Oms, he was like we should make transaction on d first day. If i am to count frm saturday banks dnt open on saturday whr by i wil b able to make transaction. Lastly, he collected some little loans from the bank to complete d maintainance. Do i need to add the loan letters with my visa application for the interview? Plz make una help me out oooo
Reference to the letters in bold: See me see yawa o. When did I say that? Please, always try to patiently read posts and understand them so as to avoid misinformation. I have always noticed people misquoting (or misunderstanding) others on NL and I think it's only simply because we do not pay attention to details but rush through everything in a new fast-paced world we have created for ourselves.
Anyway, to answer your question. The 28-day rule DOESN'T SAY it is working week. So your first day of counting is the Saturday i.e. DAY1 of 28 is Saturday.
And NO, you do not have to make any transactions the next day. What I had earlier advised is this: When you make complete-money deposit on the 1st of December, don't tell the bank to print a statement from 02 Dec - 29 Dec, because the implication is that the deposit of the 1st Dec will not reflect and the ECO may not be sure your money was there on the 1st Dec if your next transaction on the statement is not the 2nd of Dec. I know that may look confusing but we have had people lose visa application fees because of it.
So in essence, when you print your statement, let the 1st day on it be that same day you made full payment or a day before it. And try to deposit a little amount a day before the day you print your statement.
NO, DO NOT include any loan letters. It is not the ECO's business where you got money from.....We have said that times without number here.
I hope your comment on misquoting me hasn't made this post rather verbose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Document checklist:
International Passport
Degree Certificate(the only document i am required to present according to my cas letter only)
Statement of Account
2 passport photographs
photocopy of data page of international passport
photocopy of degree certificate
photocopy of statement of account
Vaf9 form
Appendix 8 form
N81,350

Please is it necessary to include the CAS letter or/and the Unconditional offer letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 6:24am On Dec 05, 2013
bunburized: Document checklist:
International Passport
Degree Certificate(the only document i am required to present according to my cas letter only)
Statement of Account
2 passport photographs
photocopy of data page of international passport
photocopy of degree certificate
photocopy of statement of account
Vaf9 form
Appendix 8 form
N81,350

Please is it necessary to include the CAS letter or/and the Unconditional offer letter?

You are good to go and no need for the cas or unconditional offer letter what you will need is your cas number. Good luck once again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2013
guardian09:
You are good to go and no need for the cas or unconditional offer letter what you will need is your cas number. Good luck once again
Thanks bro. I owe u one.
May God bless y'all that have one way or the other been helpful to me here.
I was a complete novice few months ago but in a few days courtesy your contributions I will have my visa. Who would have thought that.
Once again gracias.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Don Oms:
Reference to the letters in bold: See me see yawa o. When did I say that? Please, always try to patiently read posts and understand them so as to avoid misinformation. I have always noticed people misquoting (or misunderstanding) others on NL and I think it's only simply because we do not pay attention to details but rush through everything in a new fast-paced world we have created for ourselves.
Anyway, to answer your question. The 28-day rule DOESN'T SAY it is working week. So your first day of counting is the Saturday i.e. DAY1 of 28 is Saturday.
And NO, you do not have to make any transactions the next day. What I had earlier advised is this: When you make complete-money deposit on the 1st of December, don't tell the bank to print a statement from 02 Dec - 29 Dec, because the implication is that the deposit of the 1st Dec will not reflect and the ECO may not be sure your money was there on the 1st Dec if your next transaction on the statement is not the 2nd of Dec. I know that may look confusing but we have had people lose visa application fees because of it.
So in essence, when you print your statement, let the 1st day on it be that same day you made full payment or a day before it. And try to deposit a little amount a day before the day you print your statement.
NO, DO NOT include any loan letters. It is not the ECO's business where you got money from.....We have said that times without number here.
I hope your comment on misquoting me hasn't made this post rather verbose.
bro u too much! I now understand clearly i appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Anyone heading to Coventry university Jan?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2013
See me see gobe o. Am @ d vfs centre n d dude @ d gate is insisting I produce my appointment letter.
Now this is very disturbing n funny at d same time.
I have asked all d questions on earth here and never for once did anyone said anything about appointemnt letter.
I booked my appointment online and expected they shd av like a log to knw those scheduled for 2day.
Anyways, I have talked my way in. I just hope no other surprise awaits me.#tired
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
bunburized: See me see gobe o. Am @ d vfs centre n d dude @ d gate is insisting I produce my appointment letter.
I have asked all d questions on earth here and never for once did anyone said anything about appointemnt letter.
I booked my appointment online and expected they shd av like a log to knw those scheduled for 2day.
Anyways, I have talked my way in. I just hope no other surprise awaits me.#tired
Damn! Our bad. Totally slipped my mind, gd dt u r inside though, don't think dy use it for anything really, I think it comes more into play during d rush period for crowd control.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
miz Gene:
Damn! Our bad. Totally slipped my mind, gd dt u r inside though, don't think dy use it for anything really, I think it comes more into play during d rush period for crowd control.
I've booked my appointment for monday. What exactly happens during the appointment, I submit my documents and get interviewed right? Or is the interview for a later date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Don Oms or anybody help
Please if I do have 10 working days left for visa processing before the school resumption but the school gives 2weeks after the resumption as the deadline for intake, hope am still on safe ground.
kindly help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
keji11: Don Oms or anybody help
Please if I do have 10 working days left for visa processing before the school resumption but the school gives 2weeks after the resumption as the deadline for intake, hope am still on safe ground.
kindly help

Have you applied already or you want to apply but have 10days plus 2wks extension?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
justwise:

Have you applied already or you want to apply but have 10days plus 2wks extension?

i have not applied but when the money is 28days matured and about to apply,I will have 10 working days to school resumption and 2weeks for late resumption left .Please reply justwise or anybody.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
royalsweetness:
I've booked my appointment for monday. What exactly happens during the appointment, I submit my documents and get interviewed right? Or is the interview for a later date?

Nothing much, just normal document inspection, payment, fingerprint capturing and then the interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
keji11:

i have not applied but when the money is 28days matured and about to apply,I will have 10 working days to school resumption and 2weeks for late resumption left .Please reply justwise or anybody.
Nothing you can do @ the moment, am sure it should come out on time when you apply for you to leave
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
bunburized: See me see gobe o. Am @ d vfs centre n d dude @ d gate is insisting I produce my appointment letter.
Sorry bout that,how did your interview go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
guardian09:
Sorry bout that,how did your interview go?
It went very well. Thanks to you and the many others here that contributed.
I was asked the very same questions that were listed here in response to my query.
I really appreciate the effort, patience and time.
May God bless y'all and yours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
bunburized:
I was asked the very same questions that were listed here in response to my query.
Bless you too. You should have you visa by this time next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:52am On Dec 06, 2013
guardian09:
Bless you too. You should have you visa by this time next week.
A big amen to that bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:26am On Dec 06, 2013
bunburized:
Happy to hear the "appointment letter" wasn't a problem at the end of the day. But seriously, we didn't need to mention that, sis. Once you book an appointment, there is an instruction at the end of the booking that you must print your appointment letter and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre. I think the print dialogue box even comes up immediately without any stories. Also, it has always been mentioned on this thread in recent times. Wait a minute! Did you use your mobile phone to book the appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:35am On Dec 06, 2013
keji11:

I understand your situation and it is not uncommon with us Nigerians. The implication is this: It is risky. God forbid, (1) but if you have delay in your visa processing, it might lead to refusal; (2) or if refused visa, there will be no time to either re-apply or submit an Admin Review Notice.
While that is said, and in the hope that the above will not happen, this is what you should do. ENSURE you let your school indicate the deadline of resumption on your CAS. And if not, let them write an additional note along with your CAS to UKBA. And if not, let them send you an email telling you of the extension and then you print it out and add it to your application. Also, you may need to write a short formal introduction letter you will address to the UKBA and note there that there is a two-week extension on your resumption date.
If this is done, you will reduce the risk of refusal due to late application. But ensure you have every other thing correct and in order because you must be given the visa, else you will be forced to wait till another admission entry. Good Luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Don Oms:
Happy to hear the "appointment letter" wasn't a problem at the end of the day. But seriously, we didn't need to mention that, sis. Once you book an appointment, there is an instruction at the end of the booking that you must print your appointment letter and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre. I think the print dialogue box even comes up immediately without any stories. Also, it has always been mentioned on this thread in recent times. Wait a minute! Did you use your mobile phone to book the appointment?
Yes, I used my phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.