Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866983 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2014
spikes C:

Basically, you cannot. The pounds domiciliary account is a private/personal operated account.
Even your cheque book can only be used by you.

But....

If you have a good account officer and a relative/friend you trust, you can sign the checks and give to the relative, anytime you need money from there, you call him/her, tell her how much and direct him/her to the account officer. The account officer will call you to confirm, then withdraw the cash for you.
Hmmm. Instead of all this long story why not just activate online banking, collect a token and viola you can do transfer from your pound account to any account in the world.
Who uses cheque book again? Definitely not me o. I can't even remember the last time I was in a banking hall for anything aside yesterday of course when I went to exchange pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2014
mukykaffe:
did u submit yours with tb test?

NO SUBMITTED BEFORE THE TEST STARTED
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2014
Thanks Miz Gene and Spikes C

@Bunburized, pls how does the online banking work? How would I make the transfer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2014
miz Gene:
I'm afraid she can't help you. Your visa n passport is in your name not hers...try ur own bank,I know gtb doesn't give sha...

Yes gtb don't, I can trasfer the naira to her account den she wld help me change and pay into my Domicilary Account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2014
xteeeee:

Yes gtb don't, I can trasfer the naira to her account den she wld help me change and pay into my Domicilary Account
Can't you open an account and do it yourself
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2014
bunburized: No problem but I will also suggest you try Ecobank if you have an account there. Their rate for yesterday was same as Diamond bank.

I don't have Eco bank account, only operate with Gtb... Hope I can transfer the money to ur account den u will do the transactions for me, though inconveniencing... But wld appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:46am On Jan 08, 2014
royalsweetness:
Can't you open an account and do it yourself

I wish I can but opening an account I will not use again after one transaction it's smhw because I don't like having so many account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
xteeeee:

She still won't be able to help cos she has used that facility ( bta/ pta) for herself already. Ders a limit to how much foreign exchange one can get, if not dt means u can keep returning everyday to d bank to collect pta. Wat I am saying is : you are d only one who cn do it for urself. Unless u hv anoda friend who has a valid visa n ticket and who does not need d pta for himself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
miz Gene:
She still won't be able to help cos she has used that facility ( bta/ pta) for herself already. Ders a limit to how much foreign exchange one can get, if not dt means u can keep returning everyday to d bank to collect pta. Wat I am saying is : you are d only one who cn do it for urself. Unless u hv anoda friend who has a valid visa n ticket and who does not need d pta for himself.
Ok I get you, thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
xteeeee:

So sorry dear but it won't work that way.
My Passport was marked with a stamp and the e-ticket printout also stamped(though I can print a new one) so no other bank will honor another transaction from me.
As a student going to the UK you are entitled to the equivalent of $4000 which in this case was £2440 only.
Approach your bank aside the obvious ones that don't sell and they will instruct you on what to do.
Ecobank, Accessbank(though high), Union Bank, Diamond bank and Zenith bank(they don't have currently) sells. Of these I am 100% sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
xteeeee:

I don't have Eco bank account, only operate with Gtb... Hope I can transfer the money to ur account den u will do the transactions for me, though inconveniencing... But wld appreciate.
Another option is go to bank with any other member of your family that runs an account in any of the banks I listed earlier.
My guess is that they can sell to you using them as guarantor.
My Dad was told at Union Bank to provide my documents and they will sell to him.
I don't know if it is legal or they just want to give him that concession because he is well known there.
However, before he got home I have already done the exchange at Diamond bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunle16: 1:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
bunburized:
Good. Do you have an accommodation yet?

I don't have an accommodation yet . Hoping to stay with a friend till I sort the accommodation issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunle16: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
kunle16:

I don't have an accommodation yet . Hoping to stay with a friend till I sort the accommodation issue.

Can u pm me ur bbm pin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
royalsweetness: Thanks Miz Gene and Spikes C

@Bunburized, pls how does the online banking work? How would I make the transfer.
It is simple and straight forward.
Just make sure your bank has activated that feature for that account. Most banks will provide you with a token device which will generate a new set of numbers each time you press it.
Log into your account; initiate a transfer request and fill in all the details; press the token and input the value in the provided space. It will ask you for confirmation and after you confirm the money will be deducted from your naira account.
This means that your money has been sent to the recipient's account. It takes less than 72hrs in some cases for the money to be deposited in the foreign account and instantly for all local transactions.
You can contact your bank for specific information on this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
bunburized:
Another option is go to bank with any other member of your family that runs an account in any of the banks I listed earlier.
My guess is that they can sell to you using them as guarantor.
My Dad was told at Union Bank to provide my documents and they will sell to him.
I don't know if it is legal or they just want to give him that concession because he is well known there.
However, before he got home I have already done the exchange at Diamond bank.

Ok thanks will check zenith bank tomorrow, my sister has an account there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crowee(m): 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
sorry but why is everyone talking about banks, i am lost?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
xteeeee:

Ok thanks will check zenith bank tomorrow, my sister has an account there.
Don't even bother dear. Zenith bank doesn't have any for now. You should try another.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello friends u know how it is when one is waiting to get a hold of his passport.like i said abuja emailed on monday that it should take two working day to get back to vfs and one would have expected the text tonight.no text no status update.is it advisable to go to vfs tomorrow?thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
dove30: Hello friends u know how it is when one is waiting to get a hold of his passport.like i said abuja emailed on monday that it should take two working day to get back to vfs and one would have expected the text tonight.no text no status update.is it advisable to go to vfs tomorrow?thanks
I got my text hours after I collected my passport. I'm sure its gonna be there by the end of tomorrow. Just go there in the afternoon, or if you can afford to wait to be extra certain, then go on Friday, with or without the text.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good evening every one please I want to ask a question. Last year I was denied visa and after contacting the school , they asked me to pay the balance of my school fees and defer my admission to september 2014. I paid the balance 9650pounds and deferred. Now I got a message from the school that the fee for this year has increased and I would be affected too. please what do I do ? I think its unfair from the increment to affect me after leaving over 2 million with for what will be 1 year. Please what should i do ? can I ask for the balance back , do some business with it that would yield profit and pay when its approaching september? thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:35am On Jan 10, 2014
paradisewoods: Good evening every one please I want to ask a question. Last year I was denied visa and after contacting the school , they asked me to pay the balance of my school fees and defer my admission to september 2014. I paid the balance 9650pounds and deferred. Now I got a message from the school that the fee for this year has increased and I would be affected too. please what do I do ? I think its unfair from the increment to affect me after leaving over 2 million with for what will be 1 year. Please what should i do ? can I ask for the balance back , do some business with it that would yield profit and pay when its approaching september? thank u
I want to believe the idea of having to persuade you into paying full tuition is so as not to be affected by the ever annually-increasing tuition fees of most UK schools. That amount of money can fetch you about 30% profit in 8 months if well invested. I don't know what you should do but if I were you, I'll give my school two options: 1) Refund me so I can invest with the money to be able to afford the increment... or 2) Keep the money and not ask me for any increment. The option would be theirs to make.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Access bank selling for 253 very cheap, so if you need to change pound, you can visit the bank.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2014
xteeeee: Access bank selling for 253 very cheap, so if you need to change pound, you can visit the bank.

Wow some good news
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2014
Don Oms:
I want to believe the idea of having to persuade you into paying full tuition is so as not to be affected by the ever annually-increasing tuition fees of most UK schools. That amount of money can fetch you about 30% profit in 8 months if well invested. I don't know what you should do but if I were you, I'll give my school two options: 1) Refund me so I can invest with the money to be able to afford the increment... or 2) Keep the money and not ask me for any increment. The option would be theirs to make.

@donOms: Thank you for always being there bro. I am highly grateful. I will get back to u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2014
paradisewoods: Good evening every one please I want to ask a question. Last year I was denied visa and after contacting the school , they asked me to pay the balance of my school fees and defer my admission to september 2014. I paid the balance 9650pounds and deferred. Now I got a message from the school that the fee for this year has increased and I would be affected too. please what do I do ? I think its unfair from the increment to affect me after leaving over 2 million with for what will be 1 year. Please what should i do ? can I ask for the balance back , do some business with it that would yield profit and pay when its approaching september? thank u

Don't pay penny more, the new fees should not affect you because you paid all the fees and deferred your admission as agreed. Its fraudulent to ask you to pay more.

If they refuses then ask for refund.

Which university is that anyway?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2014
justwise:

Don't pay penny more, the new fees should not affect you because you paid all the fees and deferred your admission as agreed. Its fraudulent to ask you to pay more.

If they refuses then ask for refund.

Which university is that anyway?

University of sunderland . the total fee is 9650pounds. I Initially paid 3500pounds deposit for CAS. After being refused visa, the school told me that I should pay the balance and defer till March 2014. When i got to the bank , the maximum i could transfer was 6100pounds , I contacted the school and they agreed I could pay the 50pounds balance when I resumed March. later that week I got an email that my course would no longer be available for March2014 cos they dont have enough candidates and that I should defer till September 2014. Now they are trying to force me to defer till spetember 2014 and pay and incremental fee of 10250pounds (600pounds difeerence). They even asked their nigerian agent bcie to be disturbing me. my total money with them is 9600 pounds since October 2013.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2014
xteeeee: Access bank selling for 253 very cheap, so if you need to change pound, you can visit the bank.
Doesn't sound real, did u mean 263? Cos even on Oanda.com it is 259.7 n bank rate is usually a bit higher.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2014
paradisewoods:

University of sunderland . the total fee is 9650pounds. I Initially paid 3500pounds deposit for CAS. After being refused visa, the school told me that I should pay the balance and defer till March 2014. When i got to the bank , the maximum i could transfer was 6100pounds , I contacted the school and they agreed I could pay the 50pounds balance when I resumed March. later that week I got an email that my course would no longer be available for March2014 cos they dont have enough candidates and that I should defer till September 2014. Now they are trying to force me to defer till spetember 2014 and pay and incremental fee of 10250pounds (600pounds difeerence). They even asked their nigerian agent bcie to be disturbing me. my total money with them is 9600 pounds since October 2013.
Oh right!! So you still got £50 to pay? If that is the case then the increment affects you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
miz Gene:
Doesn't sound real, did u mean 263? Cos even on Oanda.com it is 259.7 n bank rate is usually a bit higher.
Same thing I was going to say. Accessbank's exchange rate as at last weak friday was 267.60 when diamond bank was 263. Please call their customer care and verify. Beside the lady I spoke to insisted they don't give cash.
They will insure you a financial instrument(draft or traveller's cheque) that you will have to deposit into an account in the UK.
Even if you go to CBN you won't see it for 253.
I want to assume it was a typo error.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
justwise:
Oh right!! So you still got £50 to pay? If that is the case then the increment affects you.

Paying the increment isnt the main issue. Let them give me back my 6100 pounds so that I can invest with it and be able to pay the increment. They want to eat their cake and have it. they want to keep the 6100pounds and still expect me to pay increment. afterall they were the ones that agree that since the maximum I could transfer is 6100 I should transfer it and balance 50pounds later. How much is 50pounds that I would be made to pay 600pounds increment. I could have paid all but the bank cant transfer more than 6100 at a time. I believe its unfair. please justwise and donoms and others. I need your advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Please check the figure you stated and confirm if it was not an error.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
paradisewoods:

Paying the increment isnt the main issue. Let them give me back my 6100 pounds so that I can invest with it and be able to pay the increment. They want to eat their cake and have it. they want to keep the 6100pounds and still expect me to pay increment. afterall they were the ones that agree that since the maximum I could transfer is 6100 I should transfer it and balance 50pounds later. How much is 50pounds that I would be made to pay 600pounds increment. I could have paid all but the bank cant transfer more than 6100 at a time. I believe its unfair. please justwise and donoms and others. I need your advice.

You don't have many options on the table in this case, its either you pay the remaining £600 or ask for the whole money back....meaning cancelling your admission....though administrative fees will be removed from the money you paid.

Sadly not paying that remaining £50 means that any further increment affects u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.