Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866952 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized: I got my ticket from wakanow and the agent asked if I needed insurance which I kindly declined because the charge(50k +) was way too astronomical.
This is the reason I was asking about Air France's reputation. I won't find it funny if after landing Manchester I'm told one "cock and bull" story how my baggage grew legs o.

Anyone lucky with getting pound sterling from any of our local banks?
Zenithbank said they don't have. Diamond promised Monday. Accessbank was selling 267.60 when Diamondbank told me 263 so I just walked away. Ecobank seem to have the best rate as they told me their rate for Friday is 261 but they did not have.
Even though they are all insisting they can only sell the pound equivalent of $4000(£2400+) it is still scarce or rather they are hoarding.
Please what is the current black market rate?

I may not have the patience to wait anymore if by Monday they are still stalling.

First and last time I tried changing money at the bank, I was told CBN had banned banks from changing money. Do banks still change money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
BA ke? Travel Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, Virgin Atlantic or Egypt Air. They all have generous baggage allowance(2x 23kg). KLM and Air France have a 12kg hand luggage allowance also.
I also noticed a return ticket is cheaper. For example: a one way Air France ticket to Manchester was quoted N287,000 but a return ticket with date of return sometime in December cost me about N199,000.
You can choose not to use the return ticket and forfeit it. Afterall, it saved you N87,000 or like myself use it within the valid period.
The advantage here is that I can always reschedule the return date to suit my itinerary as it is valid for one year with a little penalty (about $120).

BA is best for me reason best know to me, with regard the luggage, it's also 2x 23 keg as written on their site, I just booked now with BA application on my phone... With Return ticket for 216k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
royalsweetness:

First and last time I tried changing money at the bank, I was told CBN had banned banks from changing money. Do banks still change money?

I was also informed abt CBN ban but a friend working in Diamond bank promised to help me change for 267 as at Friday but I am still patient anyways since there is still time incase the rate might fall...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
royalsweetness:

Whoever told you that should be sacked. As long as you can present your international passport(with valid visa) and a confirmed flight ticket they are suppose to sell to you.
I took my international passport and a copy of the printout of my e-ticket to the various banks I listed above and they honored it. Most if not all banks sell foreign currencies for BTA/PTA. That I am 100% sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
xteeeee:

I was also informed abt CBN ban but a friend working in Diamond bank promised to help me change for 267 as at Friday but I am still patient anyways since there is still time incase the rate might fall...
My friend always contact the customer care center for rates before visiting the bank.
As at Friday it was 263 @ diamondbank. I wonder what rate your friend gave you but I am sure it wasn't the official diamondbank's rate.
On Monday you can call diamondbank's customer care around 9am and verify the rate. After which you can proceed to the nearest diamondbank branch or you can ask the agent for a branch closest to you that will be able to complete the transaction.
Thank me later.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
My friend always contact the customer care center for rates before visiting the bank.
As at Friday it was 263 @ diamondbank. I wonder what rate your friend gave you but I am sure it wasn't the official diamondbank's rate.
On Monday you can call diamondbank's customer care around 9am and verify the rate. After which you can proceed to the nearest diamondbank branch or you can ask the agent for a branch closest to you that will be able to complete the transaction.
Thank me later.

Ok thanks will do that tomorrow, I wish this currency rate reduce to 240 tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
bunburized:
Whoever told you that should be sacked. As long as you can present your international passport(with valid visa) and a confirmed flight ticket they are suppose to sell to you.
I took my international passport and a copy of the printout of my e-ticket to the various banks I listed above and they honored it. Most if not all banks sell foreign currencies for BTA/PTA. That I am 100% sure.
Lol@sacked. I hadn't gotten my visa last time I tried, but with this info, I'd try using the bank again.

Xteeeee:Ok thanks will do that tomorrow, I wish this currency rate reduce to 240
Lol, dreamer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
royalsweetness:
Lol@sacked. I hadn't gotten my visa last time I tried, but with this info, I'd try using the bank again.

Lol, dreamer

Don't worry my dream will come to pass b4 the end of this week... Join me fast for one week n see God working wonders grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
spikes C:

yes grin

january intake, B.Eng Elect. and Elect.

you?
wow! It's my brother going for top up in elect and elect. B.Eng. He's still counting 28 days which we end on 11th jan. Have you got ur accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:05am On Jan 06, 2014
guiddoti: wow! It's my brother going for top up in elect and elect. B.Eng. He's still counting 28 days which we end on 11th jan. Have you got ur accommodation?

that's cool. am still counting too, 24th january. i haven't gotten accomodation but from my research, it would be easy to find at keddleston.

he will definitely get there before me grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2014
Good day pals pls I want know how studying in uk is, is it complicated or how
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2014
mukykaffe: Good day pals pls I want know how studying in uk is, is it complicated or how
This is a million dollar question. To every man his own. Some may see it as tough others may see it as simple.
I will only advise that you can make the most of any experience as long as you are focused and follow stipulated rules. Living and studying in any country is always 'complicated'.
A cup can be half full or half empty depending on how you wish to look at it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
mukykaffe: Good day pals pls I want know how studying in uk is, is it complicated or how

yinmmu , is it complicated?? . If u were educated in Nigeria before,then be prepared for something new. i just discovered they made everything available for u, study materials,past question et al. depending on the institution u plan to attend. Free wifi within the campus premises and eduroam allow u access to internet in participating institutions for example( google it for more info ). like my sis said 'To every man his own'.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Got my Visa delivered @ home today grin
Thanks to you guys,your help and responses got me on the right track during the entire Visa application process,can't mention your names but God bless you all...Amen

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
You guys can book your TB test via phone, i just booked mine.
You'll get the certificate the next day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure: Got my Visa delivered @ home today grin
Thanks to you guys,your help and responses got me on the right track during the entire Visa application process,can't mention your names but God bless you all...Amen
congrats......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2014

congrats guy,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2014

Congrats man. How many working days did it take? and where did you submit yours?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2014

congrats bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
spikes C: You guys can book your TB test via phone, i just booked mine.
You'll get the certificate the next day
cool which day is ur test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
kellyemms: cool which day is ur test

22nd. Interview would hopefully be on the 24th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
dream013:

congrats guy,

Thanks,ain't no guy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
spikes C:

Congrats man. How many working days did it take? and where did you submit yours?

Thanks,ain't no guy grin I submitted 19th dec,visa was issued 31th dec and I received it today via courier. Basically it took 5working days cos of the holiday and I submitted @ the Abuja VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Guzye:

congrats bro

Thanks, but I am not a guy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure:
Thanks,ain't no guy grin I submitted 19th dec,visa was issued 31th dec and I received it today via courier. Basically it took 5working days cos of the holiday and I submitted @ the Abuja VAC.

Oops, my bad grin

Seems Abuja is faster, wish i could submit mine there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crowee(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
if i am using my dad's statement of account. do i have to wait for 28 days? and do i need to write ielts to apply for visa because my school said that a B in my o'level English is okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=]if i am using my dad's statement of account. do i have to wait for 28 days? and do i need to write ielts to apply for visa because my school said that a B in my o'level English is okay. [/quote]

Yes, you must wait for 28days.

If your school has given you an unconditional offer, they'll tell you the documents they use to access your application.
If they didn't require an IELTS, then you don't need it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crowee(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
spikes C:

Yes, you must wait for 28days.

If your school has given you an unconditional offer, they'll tell you the documents they use to access your application.
If they didn't require an IELTS, then you don't need it

so my dad cant spend money for 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=]

so my dad cant spend money for 28 days?[/quote]

He can, but he must not go below your maintenance money within the 28days.

I would suggest to transfer the money into your account to make things clearer and safer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure:

Thanks, but I am not a guy

lol sorry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure:

Thanks,ain't no guy grin

my bad, congrats sis
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=]if i am using my dad's statement of account. do i have to wait for 28 days? and do i need to write ielts to apply for visa because my school said that a B in my o'level English is okay. [/quote]

If your dad has money in his account dat is up to ur maintenance + any outstanding fee, for 28 days or more, u can use his account statement but if the money in his account is not been in his account that is he jus paid the money into his account because of your visa it means you must count 28days before your visa application, for the IELST since your school is ok with your o'level, you don't need the IELST

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.