Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866964 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure: Got my Visa delivered @ home today grin
Thanks to you guys,your help and responses got me on the right track during the entire Visa application process,can't mention your names but God bless you all...Amen
Congratulations to you. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Guys got into d UK yesterday without d tb cert, wasn't tested at point of entry either ..so don't rush to spend ur money on the cert if u already hv ur visa

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abeg I don't know if this is a stupid question oooo lipsrsealed. Can Someone coming to UK carry freezed cooked soup in a bowl and won't have any problem @ the airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Saucy Dolph: Abeg I don't know if this is a stupid question oooo lipsrsealed. Can Someone coming to UK carry freezed cooked soup in a bowl and won't have any problem @ the airport?
The soup will thaw only in a few hours and I guess you know the implication.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Saucy Dolph: Abeg I don't know if this is a stupid question oooo lipsrsealed. Can Someone coming to UK carry freezed cooked soup in a bowl and won't have any problem @ the airport?

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
miz Gene: Guys got into d UK yesterday without d tb cert, wasn't tested at point of entry either ..so don't rush to spend ur money on the cert if u already hv ur visa
Thank you for the info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
guardian09:
Thank you for the info
You r welcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
miz Gene: Guys got into d UK yesterday without d tb cert, wasn't tested at point of entry either ..so don't rush to spend ur money on the cert if u already hv ur visa

Thanks for sharing and Thank God for a safe and smooth trip. Pls kindly PM ur bbm pin if u have,I might be needing some help wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Don Oms:
Congratulations to you. All the best.

Ohh dear, Thankz and keep up the good work here. God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
danny4sure:

Thanks for sharing and Thank God for a safe and smooth trip. Pls kindly PM ur bbm pin if u have,I might be needing some help wink
Yw,send a pm, I'll reply u. Cud hv sworn u were a guy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Were you asked any question at the point of entry?
I can't just wait to get there and get this whole thing over with. Thanks for the update.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 1:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Why would u do this, just come and cook it in the Uk pls or u cant cook grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:12am On Jan 07, 2014
@awistle
Don't you people sleep in Salford? Don't tell me you are reading at this time o. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mikepete1229: 1:26am On Jan 07, 2014
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I COULD HAVE A JOB IN LONDON?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 5:17am On Jan 07, 2014
bunburized: @awistle
Don't you people sleep in Salford? Don't tell me you are reading at this time o. grin
Lol first semester has been over for me since the 9th of dec and am in a lucky dept where we dont have exams, just assignment only.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Wow, glad you got in safe. Wishing you God's grace all through your stay, and don't be a stranger here...yet grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2014
bunburized: Were you asked any question at the point of entry?
I can't just wait to get there and get this whole thing over with. Thanks for the update.
Yup, had to present my CAS, was asked if it was my first time here?(nope), any medical cert?( nope) to which he replied 'dts fine', also was asked which course I'd be studying.

Also want to tell u, Arik has d best luggage allowance, 30, 30, 12 kg cool but dy can b very annoying sha, like all Nija based business.
royalsweetness:
Wow, glad you got in safe. Wishing you God's grace all through your stay, and don't be a stranger here...yet grin
Amen, Ese Pupo. I won't be, not just yet wink.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2014
mikepete1229: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I COULD HAVE A JOB IN LONDON?
First do not post all in capitals,it's bad manners.

On another thread you indicated that you have no papers.
Give all the story not bits so you can be guided.

If you have no papers then no one here will assist you to break immigration laws.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2014

i came into the uk after xmas, and i can tell u confidently that at least 3 nigerians were tested (including me) free at POE. Though others were not,but it gonna be enforced soon, as the officials were saying it's now a requirement for visa issuance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crowee(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2014
xteeeee:

If your dad has money in his account dat is up to ur maintenance + any outstanding fee, for 28 days or more, u can use his account statement but if the money in his account is not been in his account that is he jus paid the money into his account because of your visa it means you must count 28days before your visa application, for the IELST since your school is ok with your o'level, you don't need the IELST

Thanks a lot for the info, i was beginning to get confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2014
dream013:

i came into the uk after xmas, and i can tell u confidently that at least 3 nigerians were tested (including me) free at POE. Though others were not,but it gonna be enforced soon, as the officials were saying it's now a requirement for visa issuance.

Sure!, if u hv been following the thread u'll see dt we discussed dt possibility and I expected dt dy may carry out d test. well,dy dint do it for me. The point I was trying to make is dt Nija students with visa before ds new policy need not spend their money doin ds test, it was not a condition for their visa so if the ukba decide dy must see a tb cert, dy'll carry out d test at POE free. At least I haven't heard any1 say dy paid for the test at POE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crowee(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2014
can CAS be sent through the email and printed out? or it had to be sent by mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:17am On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=]can CAS be sent through the email and printed out? or it had to be sent by mail?
[/quote]
It can be sent through e-mail.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2014
Thanks be to God, I have my TB certificate now, unto the next one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
I just stepped out of Diamond bank branch around my area after filling loads of forms with £2,440 in my pocket at a mouth watering rate of 262.
I advice anyone that has already gotten their visa and booked their flight to just head to their bank with the documents and request for BTA. You must have an account with any bank you intend visiting(so I was told).
However, diamond bank amongst all the banks I run an account with has the best rate.
It doesn't need much explanation and it should be a straight forward transaction.
I didn't have to beg anyone nor even know anyone.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
miz Gene: Also want to tell u, Arik has d best luggage allowance, 30, 30, 12 kg cool but dy can b very annoying sha, like all Nija based business.
Air france is 23, 23,12kg with any extra piece of 23kg at $120(I guess!). My destination is Manchester and not London.
I got a return ticket for 200k as I will be spending my Xmas in Nigeria. Funny enough I checked again yesterday and noticed the fare has dropped to 191k. It seem to be erratic like the exchange rate.
Can Arik beat that? tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
bunburized: I just stepped out of Diamond bank branch around my area after filling loads of forms with £2,440 in my pocket at a mouth watering rate of 262.
I advice anyone that has already gotten their visa and booked their flight to just head to their bank with the documents and request for BTA. You must have an account with any bank you intend visiting(so I was told).
However, diamond bank amongst all the banks I run an account with has the best rate.
It doesn't need much explanation and it should be a straight forward transaction.
I didn't have to beg anyone nor even know anyone.
Thank me later.
Wow, hope it would remain same tomorrow or even get better. I should change mine tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
@miz gene
What are the food items you left Nigeria with? I will also appreciate if you can advice from experience the quantity of each item I can pack. Are fish(dried), pepper, onion and crayfish allowed?
I was at Mandilas yesterday to purchase winter jacket, shoe, headglove and others but couldn't find anything I like. The jackets where 'just there' but the shoes where complete whack.
Any pointers to where I can get something decent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
royalsweetness:
Wow, hope it would remain same tomorrow or even get better. I should change mine tomorrow.
It was 263 on Friday and 262 today.
Just make allowance for +/- $1.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
bunburized: @miz gene
What are the food items you left Nigeria with? I will also appreciate if you can advice from experience the quantity of each item I can pack. Are fish(dried), pepper, onion and crayfish allowed?
I was at Mandilas yesterday to purchase winter jacket, shoe, headglove and others but couldn't find anything I like. The jackets where 'just there' but the shoes where complete whack.
I didn't bother with Mandilas o.
If u hv at least 2 to 3 thick sweaters and many cotton body tops to layer with for d 1st two days b4 u get to a shop, dts ur best bet.Mandilas will never give u d variety u need. Forget d shoes entirely, just wear sneakers or canvass or Watever will allow u wear socks inside to keep warm especially if you hv to do plenty waka from airport to ur destination.
About food, I had lots. fish, crayfish, ground ogbono, Egusi, Achi (thickener, heard arrowroot is a gd sub for this here).dried bitterleaf,ghana abi na cameroun pepper, palm oil(froze it, n wrapped in paper) and 2 bags of plantain chips lipsrsealed.d fish n crayfish am sure wd hv been abt 6-8kg.
Plenty onions here,okro too so u may want to use dt space for something else.
Cool thing was, wen it got to my turn to be searched, I put by box up,n opened d zip care freely wink d guy der just looked at me n said I shd move ahead grin .ds happens to me 80% of d time, der must be something about my face cheesy.
Not dt I was scared of them removing anything o, dy hardly ever do unless it's just too much n u seem rude to dem. Was worried about dem scattering my meticulously packed bag.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
bunburized: @miz gene
Someone told me I can only get great ones in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
miz Gene:
I didn't bother with Mandilas o.
If u hv at least 2 to 3 thick sweaters and many cotton body tops to layer with for d 1st two days b4 u get to a shop, dts ur best bet.Mandilas will never give u d variety u need. Forget d shoes entirely, just wear sneakers or canvass or Watever will allow u wear socks inside to keep warm especially if you hv to do plenty waka from airport to ur destination.

About food, I had lots. fish, crayfish, ground ogbono, Egusi, Achi (thickener, heard arrowroot is a gd sub for this here).dried bitterleaf,ghana abi na cameroun pepper, palm oil(froze it, n wrapped in paper) and 2 bags of plantain chips lipsrsealed.d fish n crayfish am sure wd hv been abt 6-8kg.
Plenty onions here,okro too so u may want to use dt space for something else.
Cool thing was, wen it got to my turn to be searched, I put by box up,n opened d zip care freely wink d guy der just looked at me n said I shd move ahead grin .ds happens to me 80% of d time, der must be something about my face cheesy.
Not dt I was scared of them removing anything o, dy hardly ever do unless it's just too much n u seem rude to dem. Was worried about dem scattering my meticulously packed bag.

Good idea. Would this work for Aberdeen too? I hear it's tres cold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.