Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864346 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 5:34am On Oct 07, 2014
opabtiarwen:
I'm new on nairaland and can't locate where I can ask questions. I applied for a tier 4 general visa and attended d interview on the 2nd of oct, the problem is my late registration deadline is 13th of oct, that is I must get the visa by 10th. Counting the 2days sallah holiday leaves me with just 4working days. My question is will they consider my deadline and grant me the visa?
People have received approval emails in 3-4 working days. however, the issue is in that journey your documents will make back to the visa application centre. I think you really need an extension. 13th is close. I have approval email and I am not even sure I can make 13th myself. The gurus will still attend to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2014
jamela:
God has done it for me o, so happy! grin

Okay, so I booked flight for saturday, then decided to pray, count on faith and pay Etiebet's place a visit yesterday, and yeah visa was neatly embossed on my passport, sealed and collected.

For those who wanna know how long? I applied 8th Sept, Submitted biometrics 17th Sept @Vfs ikeja, Approval mail came on 25th Sept, Picked passport up 3rd Oct. My visa says issued 23rd though. I didn't get an SMS even though I paid for it. And I didn't register with TPcontact.

For my team-tier4 still waiting, best wishes, pls pray, I believe yours would all be out soon. I'll be heading off to the airport pretty soon, still packing up smiley
So if ya see a plane fly by, it might just be me in there, say hi and wave a lil to the sky and thank God for me, it would mean a lot to me.

Uhm, yeah thanks all those who assisted me, y'all know who you are, cc'd. @Cavenchy thanks for telling me about this wonderful thread wink

Signing off for now. Would be back later when I'm a lil bit settled. Got loads of work piled up for me already.
I love you all.

Cc:
Cavenchy Generalshepherd Spikesc Gbemmiey Queen47 Perfect08 Justwise Blank Disguy Coogar Deoluwatinto....etc

Congrats. I wish you the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2014
kemkem30:
Alhamdulillah, I got 3 approval emails today (myself and 2 kids). It's been a very long process for me and I am extremely glad to finally start this PhD.
I thank everyone on this thread. @justwise @bambamzz @tobeee @spikesC @donoms @Olisedinma @etc
I applied on the 24th of september without my hubby. I submitted the following:
1: Consent letter (from my hubby)and evidence of why he didn't apply with us
2: birth and marriage certificates
3: family album (very detailed showing births and anniversaries)
4: my degree certificate
5: change of name
6:Bank statement
7: Evidence of Child care arrange8: Evidence of suitable accommodation for my kids
9: Transcript
10: fasting and prayers
I submitted online since the 12th of september when my money was just about 18days old, but I did the final transaction on day 29(23rd), printed the statement of account the next day(24th). I really hope this helps somebody out there.

Alhamddulilah. Congrats. I've been following your posts, glad you finally got it. I have just gotten sponsorship for my PhD as well. I have admission for this September in UK, but differed my resumption till January. What steps should I be taking to get my Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2014
hydrazone:
Alhamddulilah. Congrats. I've been following your posts, glad you finally got it. I have just gotten sponsorship for my PhD as well. I have admission for this September in UK, but differed my resumption till January. What steps should I be taking to get my Visa?

Thanks a lot and congrats on getting your sponsorship. The process depends on who is sponsoring and the terms {full or part}. So when the time [3 months to your start date] comes, the people here will be very helpful. which school if i may ask?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Hello to my oga's in the house, my wife is trying to apply for dependant visa and i have sent all necessary document to her but while filling her application there is a place where they asked about her address in nigeria and she wrote our house address in nigeria and they asked again if you are currently living with your partner, so is she meant to thick yes or say no and put my house address here in uk? please anyone here that has gone through the same process should advise.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 11:02am On Oct 07, 2014
kemkem30:

Thanks a lot and congrats on getting your sponsorship. The process depends on who is sponsoring and the terms {full or part}. So when the time [3 months to your start date] comes, the people here will be very helpful. which school if i may ask?
It's at the University of Liverpool. Sponsor is Tetfund and it's full sponsorship. My starting date is January so it's 3 months already. . I've applied for ATAS but yet to get a response from them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2014
hydrazone:

It's at the University of Liverpool. Sponsor is Tetfund and it's full sponsorship. My starting date is January so it's 3 months already. . I've applied for ATAS but yet to get a response from them

Cool, Tetfund is my sponsor too. do you have your money now? i counted 28days and still submitted my sponsorship letter. atas usually takes a while, you need to book an appointment for your tb screening. check this link "https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa" for all you need. then you
can ask questions here as you fill your form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2014
kemkem30:

Cool, Tetfund is my sponsor too. do you have your money now? i counted 28days and still submitted my sponsorship letter. atas usually takes a while, you need to book an appointment for your tb screening. check this link "https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa" for all you need. then you
can ask questions here as you fill your form.
Thanks. I'll start with that then. I'm yet to get my money. Will feed you with updates as I progress. Wish me well, Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
Hello to my oga's in the house, my wife is trying to apply for dependant visa and i have sent all necessary document to her but while filling her application there is a place where they asked about her address in nigeria and she wrote our house address in nigeria and they asked again if you are currently living with your partner, so is she meant to thick yes or say no and put my house address here in uk? please anyone here that has gone through the same process should advise.Thanks

Obviously no you are not currently living together, she need to put your address in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2014
justwise:

Obviously no you are not currently living together, she need to put your address in the UK.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hello Folks, @Justwise@spikes et al

I submitted my application at TP Victoria Island on September 17th, I got an email stating that my application has ben received by UKVI same day. Since then no news from TP.

I sent an email to UKVI in late September and was told that a decision has been made. Yet no news from TP. A fellow nairalander sent the email address of the visa ofFice in Sheffield. I got a response stating that a decision was reached on 23rd September.

My lessons so far:

1. If you submit your application at Abuja, you will get a response faster and you may even get an approval email to set your mind at rest even before you receive the visa.

2. If you apply at TP VI, you will not get an approval email but will have to wait to see your package to know whether or not you will get the visa.

3. Only TP VI can tell how long it takes for the package to be returned from Visa processing center to the Visa application center.

Bottomline for those yet to apply - GO TO ABUJA except if you are patient.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Femicrux: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
crown86:

If you have minimum of 5B's you could get direct admission for undergraduate. Regards

Thanks for your post. Pls, do you know the name of any institution in the UK that offers this possibility?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hello the wise one in the house, please I have submitted the study visa application online, my appointment to submit my documents at the teleperformance at ikeja is October 9. Pls can you tell me what the study visa interview question might be at the teleperformance.
Please I look forward to your advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
pjonesm:
Hello the wise one in the house, please I have submitted the study visa application online, my appointment to submit my documents at the teleperformance at ikeja is October 9. Pls can you tell me what the study visa interview question might be at the teleperformance.
Please I look forward to your advice.

The questions I was asked:

1. What is your name?

2. What is your year of birth?

3. Which school are you going to study in the UK?

4. Why did you choose the UK?

5. How are you going to benefit from your studies?

6. Are you sure you understood all the questions asked today?

Does this help?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
MallamYahaya:

The questions I was asked:

1. What is your name?

2. What is your year of birth?

3. Which school are you going to study in the UK?

4. Why did you choose the UK?

5. How are you going to benefit from your studies?

6. Are you sure you understood all the questions asked today?

Does this help?

Exact questions i was asked at TP Abuja, although i was also asked in addition to those one above:

7. Why did you choose the school you are going to?

8. Why did you choose the course you choose?

9. What is your nationality?

I dnt think they change questions, a friend was asked the same questions during his own interview.

So pjonesm, no need for alarm. All the best.

On a second thought, why didnt you submit at TP Abuja. Guys have affirm that its faster; well you've already made ur choice and cant change it after submission online.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
thank you for the advise.. Please do you guys know if they still collect deposit from a first time visitor to uk. My cousin want to apply for uk visitor visa and I will like to know if they still collect the deposit and if so how much are they collecting and what is the procedure for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
hello wise ones, I am sorry to disturb with my question. Please I want to ask if they still need the student questionnaire form and if they do please give me the site to get the student questionnaire form. I have already filled the form on visa4uk website. thank you for the cooperation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 7:42am On Oct 08, 2014
Hello, now the holiday is over. Any one going to ikeja today for pick up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
kemkem30:
Hello, now the holiday is over. Any one going to ikeja today for pick up?

Will be going there today, I just hope it's there today. Got approval mail since 26th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2014
Anyone going to TP VI today? Please update us on the going ons there. I can't imagine why it should take more than two weeks for movement from VPC to VAC.

The UK authorities need to do something about TP VI.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2014
All thanks to everybody on this thread, most especially @Justwise

Just got my passport smiley cheesy this morning from red star express..

Applied at TP abuja 24th sept, got approved on monday 29th oct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2014
Thanks be to God for his mercies, finally got my approval mail. Submitted at VFS on the 25th and thanks to royal85,kemkem30,justwise and the rest for taking out time to answer questions. Those still waiting, you will definitely get yours.

Peace!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2014
henry0:
All thanks to everybody on this thread, most especially @Justwise

Just got my passport smiley cheesy this morning from red star express..

Applied at TP abuja 24th sept, got approved on monday 29th oct.

Olisedinma:
Thanks be to God for his mercies, finally got my approval mail. Submitted at VFS on the 25th and thanks to royal85,kemkem30,justwise and the rest for taking out time to answer questions. Those still waiting, you will definitely get yours.
Peace!!!

Congratulations! guys.....wishing those still expecting the best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2014
goldendraco:

Will be going there today, I just hope it's there today. Got approval mail since 26th.
I got mine a week after you got yours and I am hoping it's ready. Pls keep us posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2014
Olisedinma:

Peace!!!

Congratulations welcome to the pickup waiting list!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by meiloya: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
alizenbohr:
@ meiloya,
Have u collected your visa from the VAC?

No, was there last week Tuesday, but told to come back today. Am on my way there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Glory to God I just received my approval mail from Abuja.i applied at teleperformance Abuja.my latest start date is 13th of October.i hope to be able to get my passport on Friday.please how long does it take them to return passport to tp in Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2014
Congrats @henry0 please when did tp send you decision email,how many days after approval email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by meiloya: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
hydrazone:

Congrats! Is this scholarship for lecturers or staff of Nigerian universities?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by meiloya: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Missyrety:
Glory to God I just received my approval mail from Abuja.i applied at teleperformance Abuja.my latest start date is 13th of October.i hope to be able to get my passport on Friday.please how long does it take them to return passport to tp in Abuja?

Congrats. It depends. I was at their Lagos office last week Tuesday and they asked me to come today. Am on my way..Received the confirmation email in September, say 25.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2014
kemkem30:

I got mine a week after you got yours and I am hoping it's ready. Pls keep us posted.

Just leaving there office, have collected my passport o. After the long wait. And they just brought new batch of passport today. You can check tomorrow to see if yours is there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
goldendraco:

Just leaving there office, have collected my passport o. After the long wait. And they just brought new batch of passport today. You can check tomorrow to see if yours is there.

Yaaaaay congrats. Ok I will definitely check

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.