Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865942 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

You are the one guiding wrongly. He only needs to show what is listed on his CAS. This is like the umpteenth time this is being said on this forum. You are only required to show what is listed on your CAS.

I didn't acuse anyone of misguidance so y acuse me? To solve dis I think he shld call his sch rep and ask 'em 4 further clarification.

When I got my CAS I thought of same thing (dat my O'level isn't necessary) bt my sch rep told me I shldd include it dat d statement on the CAS is justifyin y I dnt need TOEFL n odas.

God knws best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
If Ʊ wunt be penalized 4 adding dis document bt u myt av a prob if its nt in ur package, provided Ʊ dnt av any issue with it y nt add it? Also remember dat Ʊ wunt be present durin d assessment 2 justify anytin.

We are all here to learn though n I stand 2b corrected if I'm wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2012
Enesi1:

Thanx,
This is wot was written about my test of English:
We have assessed this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this. Aston University confirms that this course is an academic progression from the student's previous course of study.

Submit only the documents mentioned in your CAS, if the school has assessed your English language and come up with the above statement then you are covered.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
omopapa:

I didn't acuse anyone of misguidance so y acuse me? To solve dis I think he shld call his sch rep and ask 'em 4 further clarification.

When I got my CAS I thought of same thing (dat my O'level isn't necessary) bt my sch rep told me I shldd include it dat d statement on the CAS is justifyin y I dnt need TOEFL n odas.

God knws best!

Sorry if I came across as harsh. It's just that we need to give out the proper info regarding all questions asked.

If the school needed his Transcripts, Neco, Waec and the likes they would have Expressly stated it on his CAS. There is no need to try to help the school or the ECO by providing more documents than asked.

It's a simple process. 30 points for having a valid CAS and showing the documents listed there. 10 points for having the required amount in fees and maintenance money.

No need to add more than necessary. No need to feel more safe. Just meet the requirements. There is no way he would have problems doing exactly what he is required to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

The Govt sponsorship should be stated in his CAS, he should email his school with the sponsorship letter and get his CAS updated.

Hello Justwise, please can you kindly assist here with reference to your comment in quote above. I asked a follow-up question immediately but I guess you didn't see it so I am kindly repeating it here again below.

I am just wondering why you stated that his school should update his CAS with the Government Sponsorship Letter even when his fees has been paid in full and the Govt award letter was to be used as cover for his maintenance of 7200pounds, of which the Govt award is even in excess of this mentioned figure by N200,000.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
Charles. E:

Hello Justwise, thanks for your prompt response as well. His school fee (tuition) has already been paid in full by bank transfer. Please just to reconfirm based on your comment, you still advise the school reflects the Government Sponsorship which is for maintenance in his CAS as well?

@Justwise, He's already paid his tuition in full by himself. The scholarship only covers his maintenance fees. Is it still necessary to email the school to get that maintenance scholarship updated on his CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gaquilani: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
My passport will expire June 2013 and i have been accepted 4 a masters degree scheduled to start on 0ctober 2012. Will dey still give me a visa on my passport .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
gaquilani: My passport will expire June 2013 and i have been accepted 4 a masters degree scheduled to start on 0ctober 2012. Will dey still give me a visa on my passport .

They will.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2012
gaquilani: My passport will expire June 2013 and i have been accepted 4 a masters degree scheduled to start on 0ctober 2012. Will dey still give me a visa on my passport .

Yes you would be given. I had same challenge. I even tried doing another passport but was told its still valid and I still had over 6 months on it so it would be impossible to issue another one. You are safe
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

@Justwise, He's already paid his tuition in full by himself. The scholarship only covers his maintenance fees. Is it still necessary to email the school to get that maintenance scholarship updated on his CAS?

He has to notify the school that he is partially being sponsored by the Govt, read UKBA guideline on Govt sponsorship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Everest9(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
ok na
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

He has to notify the school that he is partially being sponsored by the Govt, read UKBA guideline on Govt sponsorship

Ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Ok.

If the school is delaying with the re-issuing of the new CAS then he has to submit the sponsorship letter and another letter explaining why the sponsorship was not mentioned in the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

Thanks. But please if you don't mind, can you please give me a link or help me quote a portion in the UKBA guideline that refers to this aspect you mentioned. Cos I have basically digested everything and on Government Sponsorship, this is what I got out from the guidelines (see below);

Evidence of an official financial sponsor or government sponsor

If your Tier 4 sponsor is giving you any any official financial sponsorship, it can include details of this on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You do not need to provide any documents as evidence of this official financial sponsorship. If you do not know whether your CAS contains this information, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.

In any other circumstances where you are being given official financial sponsorship, you must provide send us a letter of confirmation from your official financial sponsor. The letter must be on the organisation's official letter-headed paper or stationery, and must bear the organisation's official stamp. It must show:

your name ;
the official financial sponsor's name and contact details;
the date of the letter;
the length of the sponsorship; and
the amount of money that the official financial sponsor is giving to you, or a statement that it will cover all of your course fees and living
costs.

No reference was made that it should be reflected in CAS.

Please kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
Charles. E:

If your Tier 4 sponsor is giving you any any official financial sponsorship, i[b]t can include details of this on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS).[/b]

[/b]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

The Tier 4 sponsor in question, is the University I believe.

The Government is not a Tier 4. Please kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
Charles. E:

Thanks. But please if you don't mind, can you please give me a link or help me quote a portion in the UKBA guideline that refers to this aspect you mentioned. Cos I have basically digested everything and on Government Sponsorship, this is what I got out from the guidelines (see below);

Evidence of an official financial sponsor or government sponsor

If your Tier 4 sponsor is giving you any any official financial sponsorship, it can include details of this on your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS). You do not need to provide any documents as evidence of this official financial sponsorship. If you do not know whether your CAS contains this information, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.

In any other circumstances where you are being given official financial sponsorship, you must provide send us a letter of confirmation from your official financial sponsor. The letter must be on the organisation's official letter-headed paper or stationery, and must bear the organisation's official stamp. It must show:

your name ;
the official financial sponsor's name and contact details;
the date of the letter;
the length of the sponsorship; and
the amount of money that the official financial sponsor is giving to you, or a statement that it will cover all of your course fees and living
costs.

172. A Tier 4 sponsor can include details of Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving
to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. No further
documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship. If the Tier 4 (General)
student does not know if his/her Tier 4 sponsor has included this information he/she will
need to check this with his/her Tier 4 sponsor.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

172. A Tier 4 sponsor can include details of Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving
to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. No further
documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship. If the Tier 4 (General)
student does not know if his/her Tier 4 sponsor has included this information he/she will

But the State Government sponsoring him isn't a Tier 4 sponsor. I believe that's Charles point. How does this apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

But the State Government sponsoring him isn't a Tier 4 sponsor. I believe that's Charles point. How does this apply?

Tier 4 sponsor is different from financial sponsor, universities and colleges in the UK are regarded as Tier 4 sponsors.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

Tier 4 sponsor is different from financial sponsor, universities and colleges in the UK are regarded as Tier 4 sponsors.

Exactly. From what I read, if the University he's attending was sponsoring him, then it has to be stated on his CAS. Then no other financial evidence is required.

If he's being sponsored by his Home Government(State Government) which he is, he needs to show the Letter of Sponsorship with the Letter head and other requirements.

It seems it only needs to be shown on the CAS if it's the University in the Uk giving the Sponsorship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Sorry if I came across as harsh. It's just that we need to give out the proper info regarding all questions asked.

If the school needed his Transcripts, Neco, Waec and the likes they would have Expressly stated it on his CAS. There is no need to try to help the school or the ECO by providing more documents than asked.

It's a simple process. 30 points for having a valid CAS and showing the documents listed there. 10 points for having the required amount in fees and maintenance money.

No need to add more than necessary. No need to feel more safe. Just meet the requirements. There is no way he would have problems doing exactly what he is
required to do.

Its all gud bro, d bottom line is SUCCESS! 1 love!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sexylogan(m): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

I stumbled on this page out of curiosity. My cousin went thru the same thing last year I think. He got admission to study a Masters program @ Leeds. The Univ gave him a 50% tuition scholarship (Tier 4 sponsor official scholarship) and after paying the outstanding tuition, his state govt gave him scholarship to cover his maintenance (official financial sponsor I presume). If I remember well, all he submitted was the official govt sponsorship letter, his certificate and transcripts and a copy of his CAS letter. He didn't hav any problems. Maybe someone who's had a similar situation and scaled thru recently can say more. Gud luck to everyone coming over.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Exactly. From what I read, if the University he's attending was sponsoring him, then it has to be stated on his CAS. Then no other financial evidence is required.

If he's being sponsored by his Home Government(State Government) which he is, he needs to show the Letter of Sponsorship with the Letter head and other requirements.

It seems it only needs to be shown on the CAS if it's the University in the Uk giving the Sponsorship.

Thanks Donxavier. This is exactly what the statement in the guideline clearly insinuates by my understanding.

Justwise, your response please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
omopapa:

Its all gud bro, d bottom line is SUCCESS! 1 love!

One love bro smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sexylogan(m): 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier, I think I'll agree wit y°u. And I do remember that the school's scholarship showed on my cousin's CAS letter as well as the fact that he had paid the remaining tuition fee. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

That is wrong, if he is being sponsored by his home Govt that info should be in the CAS and he does not need to present any bank statement apart from the sponsorship letter.

Please read the guildline it clearly stated there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
sexylogan: Donxavier, I think I'll agree wit y°u. And I do remember that the school's scholarship showed on my cousin's CAS letter as well as the fact that he had paid the remaining tuition fee. Cheers

Again that is not true. if the school gives you scholarship or even fee discount it will be stated in the CAS AND in the application form you will be asked to state if you were given a scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise: [/b]

That is wrong, if he is being sponsored by his home Govt that info should be in the CAS and he does not need to present any bank statement apart from the sponsorship letter.

Please read the guildline it clearly stated there.

Ok. I will go back and re read it. But I must confess, I am struggling hard to understand your position on this matter. Is it from your past experiences with Government sponsored students? I'd be back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Ok. I will go back and re read it. But I must confess, I am struggling hard to understand your position on this matter. Is it from your past experiences with Government sponsored students? I'd be back.

This is from the guildline.........

to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
No further
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

This is from the guildline.........

to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
No further

Ok. Everything hinges on the interpretation of the bolded part. It presupposes that the Tier 4 sponsor is the one giving the scholarship. It said they can include details of..... they are giving the student. Unless that part also means they can include the details of any official financial sponsorship GIVEN to the student. That would mean any sponsor and in this case the State Government..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Ok. Everything hinges on the interpretation of the bolded part. It presupposes that the Tier 4 sponsor is the one giving the scholarship. It said they can include details of..... they are giving the student. Unless that part also means they can include the details of any official financial sponsorship GIVEN to the student. That would mean any sponsor and in this case the State Government..

You are mixing two things up here, Tire 4 sponsor is the university, financial sponsor in this case is the state Govt

Even if the school gives you fee discount they will mention it in the CAS, its a normal practice.

All he needs to do is to inform his school that his state Govt will be partially contributing to his studies and attach the letter from his Govt.

The school will include that info in his CAS. but if the school delays and he needs to submit his visa application then he has to explain this to the ECO that the sponsorship comes out late and he has no time left to get it reflected in the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
Just saw all the messages, for the scholarship stuff, is not always included ok the CAS. My bro is on scholarship, got his visa same day as mine and it was not included in his CAS, but he had to submit the award letter. Its only if its his school offering the scholarship that its reflected on the CAS

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.