Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864228 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Ok. Everything hinges on the interpretation of the bolded part. It presupposes that the Tier 4 sponsor is the one giving the scholarship. It said they can include details of..... they are giving the student. Unless that part also means they can include the details of any official financial sponsorship GIVEN to the student. That would mean any sponsor and in this case the State Government..

Seriously, I am finding it hard to really see it the way Justwise is seeing it cos the guideline is straight forward.

A Tier 4 sponsor - Means; The University
Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving to the Tier 4 (General) student - Means any form of sponsorship from the Tier 4
(University) and in this case my cousin was given a 500 pounds international scholarship from his University (The Tier 4 sponsor)
That they are giving to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies - This 500 pounds scholarship from the school (Tier 4 sponsor) is what would be put on the CAS by the school (Tier 4 Sponsor).
No further documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship - The student would not need any further documents as prove of this 500 pounds scholarship once it is on CAS.
If the Tier 4 (General)student does not know if his/her Tier 4 sponsor has included this information he/she will need to check this with his/her Tier 4 sponsor - Means that if the student is not sure that the school (Tier 4) has included this 500 pounds scholarship in the CAS, he would have to check with the University (Tier 4 sponsor) and ensure its reflected.

None of the words in the UKBA guideline as I have broken into bits above refer to Sponsorship By Home Government having to be reflected on CAS after all fees pertaining to the school (Tier 4 sponsor), has been paid in full 100% and this paid tuition has been reflected in the CAS.

What the Embassy wants to see is that money for maintenance is available as tuition has been settled in full and the official Award Letter from the State Govt covers this aspect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

This is from the guildline.........

172. A Tier 4 sponsor can include details of Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving
to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
No further
documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship. If the Tier 4 (General)
student does not know if his/her Tier 4 sponsor has included this information he/she will
need to check this with his/her Tier 4 sponsor.

undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
Dharkchild:

The above was the process my bro followed and he was granted visa, but on re reading, I think justwise is right, I don't think its compulsory tho cause it says "can"

172. [A Tier 4 sponsor] [can] [include details of Official Financial Sponsorship] [that they are giving]
[to the Tier 4 (General) student] [on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies]

The issue is this 'that they are giving'. That statement seems to suggest that it is the Tier 4 sponsor giving the scholarship. it personalises it.

Assuming it said 'that is given', then that throws it open. The Question is who is giving the the official financial sponsorship that the details of it can be included in the CAS?

They should have said 'that they/or the Government sponsor is giving.

Anyway, nice debate. but let's go with Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sexylogan(m): 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
Charles, that is exactly the way I interpreted it.
Furthermore, if y°u download the visa application form (Point based System Appendix 8 for Tier 4 general stusent self-assessment form),6.15 reads;
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box to confirm what evidence of financial sponsorship you have provided.
( )An original letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from an official financial sponsor or Government sponsor
( ) You are receiving official financial sponsorship from your Tier 4 licensed sponsor(eg. A scholarship or bursary),and details of the financial sponsorship are included in the CAS
( )Evidence not required under guidance ,but original letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from an official sponsor or government sponsor, held by applicant
6.16 Complete the box(es) to indicate how much the official financial sponsor is paying towards your expenses
For course fees [ ]
For maintenance [ ]

Using Charles' cousin as an example, he wud tick the first two boxes since he has a Government scholarship towards his maintenance and he has been given 500 quid by his school in the form of a scholarship.
In the box for maintenance, he wud then fill the amount the govt is giving him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

172. [A Tier 4 sponsor] [can] [include details of Official Financial Sponsorship] [that they are giving]
[to the Tier 4 (General) student] [on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies]

The issue is this 'that they are giving'. That statement seems to suggest that it is the Tier 4 sponsor giving the scholarship. it personalises it.

Assuming it said 'that is given', then that throws it open. The Question is who is giving the the official financial sponsorship that the details of it can be included in the CAS?

They should have said 'that they/or the Government sponsor is giving.

Anyway, nice debate. but let's go with Justwise

No, this is not about what i said, its about that the UKBA guildline says, my personal view here is as good as anybody else.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Charles. E:
@Justwise and Donxavier.

However, just last week, his State Government offered him financial assistance [/b]and this has been followed up with a duly signed and official award letter from his State Government

and in this case [b]my cousin was given a 500 pounds international scholarship from his University
(The Tier 4 sponsor)

How many scholarships are we talking about here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

and in this case my cousin was given a 500 pounds international scholarship from his University (The Tier 4 sponsor)

How many scholarships are we talking about here?

Two scholarships here. His school (Tier 4 sponsor) has given him 500 pounds international scholarship which was deducted from his tuition, therefore he paid his tuition less of 500 pounds.

His State Govt has given him few millions that covers his 7200 pounds maintenance with an excess N200,000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santa62(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
edwrad50: Its too late for transferring cos the skool resumes soon and waiting for another 28days wouldn't be cool,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2012
172. A Tier 4 sponsor can include details of Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving
to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. No further
documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship.

Lets note that the UKBA request that if sponsored by Home Government (State or FG), that a duly stamped letter-headed award letter is needed to be shown as evidence.

Based on the above background, if the UKBA was referring to Home Government sponsorship in the guideline in quote above, they would not have said "..no further documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship" BECAUSE their guideline clearly states that an award letter MUST be shown if sponsored by your Home Govt etc. Therefore clearly means that the above guideline which request sponsorship to be shown in CAS without any need for backup documents, is STRICTLY for and applies only to the Tier 4 sponsor ( The University).

Anyone who shares a different view please feel free to share.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rateade(m): 3:05am On Aug 19, 2012
Hi evry1... Pls note
173 starts with "in all other circumstances....." Not "in any other circumstances...." Whic is bein quoted here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rateade(m): 3:14am On Aug 19, 2012
Hi Charles et al. i ve been following ur discussion…(debate). I Think Charles is right and i'd like to make a contribution. what i think the problem is dat we re all just focusing on number 172 only, which i believe is causing the confusion, the thing is- u have to read 172 and 173.

172.. simply refers to sponsorship from your school "Tier 4 sponsor" only, while 173 clearly starts with "In all other circumstances" meaning for all other forms of sponsorship (Home Government, international organizations, international companies etc), a letter of confirmation is what is required.

and besides if Justwise's point were to be true (i.e the govt sponsorship should reflect on the CAS) and this can be achieved by calling our tier 4 sponsor……. and 172 which states that "NO FURTHER DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED TO SHOW THIS OFFICIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP"…….its going to mean the followin Scenario will be possible (which is not):-

I can easily just call my Tier 4 sponsor that I have gotten a govt. sponsorship

Tier 4 Sponsor updates my CAS

And based on the statement in 172- "NO FURTHER DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED TO SHOW THIS OFFICIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP"

I easily fraudulently bypass showing documents(to show funds) to UKBA and secure a VISA without a single penny in my account. since its in my CAS that i ve sponsorship.

Pls share ur tots
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2012
My take breifly:

This debate may linger on uneccessarily.I share all the sentiment vented so far,but I think I share a little bias with Justwise and it is for this obvious reason;Officiality.
Mr Charles,I don't think it will cost your bro anything to contact his school and inform them about the Govt grants,so that it will REFLECT on his CAS and that will make him have an easy day with the ECO and substantiate his claim of d grant in the first place.Truth be told,those ECO guys Validates any information coming from their Schools even than our Govt because of fake document experiences.

So bro,an email to d school will just do it for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Aug 19, 2012
rateade: Hi Charles et al. i ve been following ur discussion…(debate). I Think Charles is right and i'd like to make a contribution. what i think the problem is dat we re all just focusing on number 172 only, which i believe is causing the confusion, the thing is- u have to read 172 and 173.

172.. simply refers to sponsorship from your school "Tier 4 sponsor" only, while 173 clearly starts with "In all other circumstances" meaning for all other forms of sponsorship (Home Government, international organizations, international companies etc), a letter of confirmation is what is required.

and besides if Justwise's point were to be true (i.e the govt sponsorship should reflect on the CAS) and this can be achieved by calling our tier 4 sponsor……. and 172 which states that "NO FURTHER DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED TO SHOW THIS OFFICIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP"…….its going to mean the followin Scenario will be possible (which is not):-

I can easily just call my Tier 4 sponsor that I have gotten a govt. sponsorship

Tier 4 Sponsor updates my CAS

And based on the statement in 172- "NO FURTHER DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED TO SHOW THIS OFFICIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP"

I easily fraudulently bypass showing documents(to show funds) to UKBA and secure a VISA without a single penny in my account. since its in my CAS that i ve sponsorship.

Pls share ur tots
I think you are missing the point, if this is about ur school fees you will not just call the school and claimed to have Govt sponsorship and they believe you and put it in ur CAS, no chance...you will be asked to email the sponsorship letter and pay for the fees befor you will be given a CAS. The debate we are having here is different because the OP has paid all the fees already only need to show maintenance fees. This is his own up keep money, if he decide to travel without it then... He will a story to tell.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2012
I salute you all, pleas allow me to contribute;

Seriously, I don't think the Tier 4 sponsor cares about where your maintenance fee is coming from. Honestly, I have not seen any section on the CAS statement where it is indicated that the prospective student has part or complete funds for his maintenance.

So I personally think the duly signed letter from the State Government would be enough to fulfill the UKBA requirements for maintenance fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2012
Dapto: My take breifly:

This debate may linger on uneccessarily.I share all the sentiment vented so far,but I think I share a little bias with Justwise and it is for this obvious reason;Officiality.
Mr Charles,I don't think it will cost your bro anything to contact his school and inform them about the Govt grants,so that it will REFLECT on his CAS and that will make him have an easy day with the ECO and substantiate his claim of d grant in the first place.Truth be told,those ECO guys Validates any information coming from their Schools even than our Govt because of fake document experiences.

So bro,an email to d school will just do it for you
The prob here is that the op has paid the fees already, its up to him to imform the school about the change in his sponsorship and to have it official, but if some people claimed to have done it without imforming the school and having it stated in the CAS then fine, I can only tell you what I know and what has worked for many I know. Done with this, wish the Op the best outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2012
FutureDon: I salute you all, pleas allow me to contribute;

Seriously, I don't think the Tier 4 sponsor cares about where your maintenance fee is coming from. Honestly, I have not seen any section on the CAS statement where it is indicated that the prospective student has part or complete funds for his maintenance.

So I personally think the duly signed letter from the State Government would be enough to fulfill the UKBA requirements for maintenance fee.
The school has nothing to do with ur maintenance fees, the embassy does. Letters from the Govt has been forged many times so the embassy view any document from the Govt with suspicion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2012
@Futuredon and @Justwise
Sorry, to interrupt this interesting and educative debate o,but i need a quick clarification.
My CAS was mailed to me on sat,but on the section the docs section, they wrote,"Bachelor of Dental Surgery Degree Certificate 2008/9.."
Meanwhile,my certificate that i scanned to them is clearly dated May 23,2008.

1.Should I mail them to have this corrected or can I go ahead to submit.

2.My School is resuming Sept. 19 but am just submitting on Wed. I intend to mail them for ano extension,should I just attach their reponse to my application or wait for them to update the CAS before submitting.

3. Do I write the new date on the course start date or put the old resumption date.

4.@Futuredon....is it directadmissions that I'll mail for the extension or my course leader.

Thanks a Billion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2012
penfold: @Futuredon and @Justwise
Sorry, to interrupt this interesting and educative debate o,but i need a quick clarification.
My CAS was mailed to me on sat,but on the section the docs section, they wrote,"Bachelor of Dental Surgery Degree Certificate 2008/9.."
Meanwhile,my certificate that i scanned to them is clearly dated May 23,2008.

1.Should I mail them to have this corrected or can I go ahead to submit.

2.My School is resuming Sept. 19 but am just submitting on Wed. I intend to mail them for ano extension,should I just attach their reponse to my application or wait for them to update the CAS before submitting.

3. Do I write the new date on the course start date or put the old resumption date.

4.@Futuredon....is it directadmissions that I'll mail for the extension or my course leader.

Thanks a Billion

I understand you perfectly bro. The academic session I graduated was also stated on my CAS statement, while the graduation date stated on my original certificate was ignored. I guess that's the normal procedure.

My question now is; what academic session (not date) did you graduate from? If it's totally different from what's on your CAS, please contact the School for it to be corrected. I'm sure it won't take long. You can email them tomorrow, I'm not sure if they observe THIS public holiday in the UK. It would be corrected before Wednesday morning.

I'm not sure if you would be given a new start date (some School and/or programs don't grant extension). Even if they grant an extension, I think they can only support it with a letter of approval. Don't know for sure if it would be updated on the CAS. I'm not sure sha.....

I seriously don't think you need an extension bro. Sept 19 is more than 15 working days from the day you plan to submit.

If at all you need an extension, you'll have to mail SHU directadmisions. You can as well cc your course leader.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2012
@FutureDon
Wow!! Its good to ask questions o,I graduated 2008/2009 session....I guess thats it!!
As par d extension, am just worried about this their new 20 working days they've been telling people, Mebbe I should just go with the sept 19 jor.
Also, does anybody in the house know about their yellow card (i.e the vaccine) and TB requirements at the Point of Entry? What health checks if any do they require?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rateade(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2012
It clear enough. 172 is refering to Tier 4 sponsorship only and 173 refers to the other official/govt Sponsorships...(That is way these facts are stated in 2 different points 172 & 173). All charles needs is that comfirmation letter in his applicatn to UKBA.

DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO SHOW OFFICIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP OR GOVERNMENT SPONSORSHIP

171. ………

172. A Tier 4 sponsor can include details of Official Financial Sponsorship that they are giving to the Tier 4 (General) student on his/her Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. No further documents are needed to show this Official Financial Sponsorship. If the Tier 4 (General) student does not know if his/her Tier 4 sponsor has included this information he/she will need to check this with his/her Tier 4 sponsor.

173. In all other circumstances a Tier 4 (General) student who is being given Official Financial Sponsorship must provide:

i. A letter of confirmation from his/her Official Financial Sponsor on official letter- headed paper or stationery of the organisation of the official financial sponsor; and have the official stamp of that organisation on it.
The letter must show:
•the student’s name;
•the name and contact details of the official financial sponsor;
•the date of the letter;
•the length of the sponsorship; and
•the amount of money the sponsor is giving to the student or a statement that the student’s official financial sponsor will cover all of his/her fees and living costs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2012
Good day house,my CAS was jst mailed to me and it stated Bachelor of Science from University of Port Harcourt, as the only document I need 2go with along with my cas 2d embassy,but the problem is I have just statement of result not the certificate and my transcript won't be ready till friday next week,should I apply just with my statement of result or ishould wait till my transcript comes,my school resumes on the 17th of september..thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
holloziggi: Good day house,my CAS was jst mailed to me and it stated Bachelor of Science from University of Port Harcourt, as the only document I need 2go with along with my cas 2d embassy,but the problem is I have just statement of result not the certificate and my transcript won't be ready till friday next week,should I apply just with my statement of result or ishould wait till my transcript comes,my school resumes on the 17th of september..thanks
What document did you send to the school during the admission application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
holloziggi: Good day house,my CAS was jst mailed to me and it stated Bachelor of Science from University of Port Harcourt, as the only document I need 2go with along with my cas 2d embassy,but the problem is I have just statement of result not the certificate and my transcript won't be ready till friday next week,should I apply just with my statement of result or ishould wait till my transcript comes,my school resumes on the 17th of september..thanks
well without the certificate, submit both your transcript and statement of result. but why cant you get the certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by osile2012: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
Good Day,

I came across this website , while researching on Nigeria and UK travel requirement. I am planning to apply for uk visa by the end of this month but have some confusion in filling the form.

this is the case with me, i have enough funds to sponsor my trip,so i am applying as a general tourist. i have a sister who finished her masters in uk and her visa will expire this year.she stays in a shared apartment and said there is extra room that i can pay for and she can talk to her land lady instead of me paying for hotel.

I do not want it to look like a family visit because from the requirements of a family visit, the person you are visiting must have permanent residence in uk.

these are my questions.

1)should i pay for accommodation away from where she is stay?

2) if i state that i will be staying in the same address with her, even though i will pay for the room, will they see it as family visit?

3)they ask if i know anybody in uk and i have to state that i have a sister and i will visit her during my stay, do i need invitation letter from her even though i am sponsoring myself and she is not the main reason i am coming there?

4)if she talk to her landlady and she accept to give the room for my stay, there will be no receipt of payment, so how will the embassy be sure that the accommodation is available?

5)is it possible to pay for a hotel for 10days, if i get there i can stay 2 days, and ask for refund then move to my sisters accommodation.

the accommodation she is offering is cheaper, but i dont want them to consider it a family visit. please advice me on how to go about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
Donxavier:
well without the certificate, submit both your transcript and statement of result. but why cant you get the certificate?
I graduated last year and it takes 2years for d certificate to be ready NB I used my statement of result to get the admission not the original certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
holloziggi: I graduated last year and it takes 2years for d certificate to be ready NB I used my statement of result to get the admission not the original certificate

Na wa for your University. it's all good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
osile2012: Good Day,

I came across this website , while researching on Nigeria and UK travel requirement. I am planning to apply for uk visa by the end of this month but have some confusion in filling the form.

this is the case with me, i have enough funds to sponsor my trip,so i am applying as a general tourist. i have a sister who finished her masters in uk and her visa will expire this year.she stays in a shared apartment and said there is extra room that i can pay for and she can talk to her land lady instead of me paying for hotel.

I do not want it to look like a family visit because from the requirements of a family visit, the person you are visiting must have permanent residence in uk.

these are my questions.

1)should i pay for accommodation away from where she is stay?

2) if i state that i will be staying in the same address with her, even though i will pay for the room, will they see it as family visit?

3)they ask if i know anybody in uk and i have to state that i have a sister and i will visit her during my stay, do i need invitation letter from her even though i am sponsoring myself and she is not the main reason i am coming there?

4)if she talk to her landlady and she accept to give the room for my stay, there will be no receipt of payment, so how will the embassy be sure that the accommodation is available?

5)is it possible to pay for a hotel for 10days, if i get there i can stay 2 days, and ask for refund then move to my sisters accommodation.

the accommodation she is offering is cheaper, but i dont want them to consider it a family visit. please advice me on how to go about it.

Wrong thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
holloziggi: I graduated last year and it takes 2years for d certificate to be ready NB I used my statement of result to get the admission not the original certificate

Eeya!! But why your Tier 4 sponsor con write BSc certificate when you don't even have it yet. [s]I wish all 9ja Universities be like my alma mata, got my original certificate almost immediately after graduation. Better by far!!![/s]

Please email your tier 4 sponsor to complain about this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2012
FutureDon:

Eeya!! But why your Tier 4 sponsor con write BSc certificate when you don't even have it yet. [s]I wish all 9ja Universities be like my alma mata, got my original certificate almost immediately after graduation. Better by far!!![/s]

Please email your tier 4 sponsor to complain about this.

He should just get his transcript. Its either original certificate OR official transcript that is allowed. UKBA won't accept statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2012

Bros Ʊ need ur academic transcript 2back up ur statement of result since Ʊ dnt av d certificate. As we advice people here, as Ʊ await ur transcript mail ur sch 4 2weeks extension bt my question is hw did dey even give Ʊ admission without ur transcript cus dats d oli proof dat ur furthering on d nu course Ʊ applied 4.
Donxavier:

Na wa for your University. it's all good.

Donxavier I guess dats d normal practise with most fed n state unis in 9ja, its d same in my sch bt dnt knw bou private schs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
omopapa:

Bros Ʊ need ur academic transcript 2back up ur statement of result since Ʊ dnt av d certificate. As we advice people here, as Ʊ await ur transcript mail ur sch 4 2weeks extension bt my question is hw did dey even give Ʊ admission without ur transcript cus dats d oli proof dat ur furthering on d nu course Ʊ applied 4.

Donxavier I guess dats d normal practise with most fed n state unis in 9ja, its d same in my sch bt dnt knw bou private schs
yeah I went to a federal school and it takes 2years at least to be ready,jst emailed the school about the extension so wd jst apply on monday nxt week cuz my transcript won't be ready till 24th august
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
sexylogan: Charles, that is exactly the way I interpreted it.
Furthermore, if y°u download the visa application form (Point based System Appendix 8 for Tier 4 general stusent self-assessment form),6.15 reads;
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box to confirm what evidence of financial sponsorship you have provided.
( )An original letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from an official financial sponsor or Government sponsor
( ) You are receiving official financial sponsorship from your Tier 4 licensed sponsor(eg. A scholarship or bursary),and details of the financial sponsorship are included in the CAS
( )Evidence not required under guidance ,but original letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from an official sponsor or government sponsor, held by applicant
6.16 Complete the box(es) to indicate how much the official financial sponsor is paying towards your expenses
For course fees [ ]
For maintenance [ ]

Using Charles' cousin as an example, he wud tick the first two boxes since he has a Government scholarship towards his maintenance and he has been given 500 quid by his school in the form of a scholarship.
In the box for maintenance, he wud then fill the amount the govt is giving him

Thanks for your comment Sexylogan.

Please feel free to assist in this short question below as well as other fellow nairalanders with idea on this particular issue; Justwise, Donxavier, Dharkchild et al.

For section 6.15 in the self-assessment form: Please kindly verify again if I can tick the first two boxes as Government is offering my cousin scholarship covering maintenance and his school has already offered him 500 pounds scholarship.

And then in section 6.16. Since Course Fees has been paid in full by the student himself, do I leave the course fee section blank? And then for Maintenance; when the assistance by the Government is converted, it is actually a little over 8000 pounds but my cousin needs just 7200 pounds by UKBA requirement. Please do I put 7200 pounds in that slot or should I put the actual converted figure that Govt is giving which is quite in excess of the UKBA maintenance requirement >8000 pounds. And if I am to put the actual amount of over 8000 pounds based on today's conversion on Oanda, what if the value fluctuates slightly by the day he is going to submit, would there be a problem? Even though I know that no currency fluctuation would make it go below the 7200 pounds UKBA requirement. I am worried that if I have to put the actual amount of the Govt assistance when converted and maybe I put like 8,100 pounds based on today's exchange rate, what if by the day he is going to submit, d rate fluctuates and if converted by the ECO and the ECO arrives at something like 8,050 pounds, would there be any issue due to this discrepancy.

And then in section 6.17 Which box do I click because they asked "Do you have any fees and maintenance due for payment" . I am confused by the maintenance due for payment part because maintenance is usually held by the student till he arrives the UK and not paid to anyone.

GOD bless you all as you assist on this. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.