Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864219 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hello justwis n don,
Submitted my application on d 31st of July and av been tracking it since den and it said its been forwarded 2 BHC, was anticipating an interview but got none: 2day makes it exactly 15 working days counting from the 1st of Aug excluding weekends and dese past public holidays, please when do u think I might get my passport back with my visa...plus 2moro wld be perfect been my bday!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
johann86: Hello justwis n don,
Submitted my application on d 31st of July and av been tracking it since den and it said its been forwarded 2 BHC, was anticipating an interview but got none: 2day makes it exactly 15 working days counting from the 1st of Aug excluding weekends and dese past public holidays, please when do u think I might get my passport back with my visa...plus 2moro wld be perfect been my bday!!

Hopefully before the week runs out. You can call them from Monday if you don't get any notification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Thanks boss@donxavier & Godbless I'm believing God for good success cheers!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Is there anyone here who submitted on the 26th at VFS ikeja?. I submitted on the 26th of July, i called BHC last week fri and i was told my application had been fully processed and same had been dispatched that very morning. I paid for courier delivery and so i tried tracking it but it kept saying invalid reference number, VFS says for those who paid for courier delivery it is sent directly from BHC abuja to your home however BHC says otherwise that it'll be sent first to VFS. Today makes it the 17th working day and i called BHC again and was told a different story that they worked yesterday and my application was dispatched yesterday. I still cant track as the courier company said they are yet to have a record of it in their system. Anyone with a similar experience??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
^^^@Johann86
You welcome.

@dol
I think you and Makomenian are the guys that subscribed for courier delivery. Makomenian may know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Donxavier: ^^^@Johann86
You welcome.

@dol
I think you and Makomenian are the guys that subscribed for courier delivery. Makomenian may know.

@don yes but @makomen has gone awol since last week friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
Good day,am in a very serious dilema,dere seems 2b an issue with my transcript so it won't be ready till anoda 2wks..cn I apply to d embassy on monday with jst my statement of result cuz no transcript was written in my CAS,please its very important
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
holloziggi: Good day,am in a very serious dilema,dere seems 2b an issue with my transcript so it won't be ready till anoda 2wks..cn I apply to d embassy on monday with jst my statement of result cuz no transcript was written in my CAS,please its very important

What was written on the CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
This was what was on my CAS :Bachelor of Science from University of Port Harcourt, We have assessed this student's English language ability and confirm that it is equivalent to CEFR Level B2 or higher in each of the four components of language learning. No documents are required to be submitted as evidence of this.
Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)
ATAS requiredNo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
Donxavier:

What was written on the CAS?

Taught he already said ϑaτ̅ no transcript was written on his CAS meaning it's jst d̶̲̥̅̊ statement of result ϑaτ̅ i§ written on his CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
ikcbn:

Taught he already said ϑaτ̅ no transcript was written on his CAS meaning it's jst d̶̲̥̅̊ statement of result ϑaτ̅ i§ written on his CAS

He needs his certificate. As far as I know the UKBA requires original documents. In the absence of the certificate, then the statement plus Transcripts is what is required. Am not sure if he can only submit his statement of result. Let's wait for Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princericheey: 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Donxavier:

Use it like that.

Thanks Donxavier and Charles E. One other thing, how do I fill the Vaf9 electronically? I downloaded the form already but I just can seem to be able to fill it electronically.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
princericheey:

Thanks Donxavier and Charles E. One other thing, how do I fill the Vaf9 electronically? I downloaded the form already but I just can seem to be able to fill it electronically.

Visit http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Is there anyone here who can confirm how long it'll take for the courier to deliver to my home if sent out from vfs in the morning tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guapo(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Hello Justwise and other top guys, my brother just tracked his application and he was told the application is ready for collection. The issue is that he has not received an sms from vfs instructing him to do same.
Can he still go pick it up or should he wait for the sms?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuks84(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2012
Hello, I was denied a student visa. I have myself to blame though, I asked questions on this forum and I was discouraged but I went ahead and submitted my application. The problem is that I used a company acct and a letter of financial sponsorship as my evidence of funds. I was denied on the grounds that I did not hold the required funds in my account and I was unable to prove that the 'international company' operated in more than one country. However, I have been given a right to an administrative review. I am determined to go for my masters, is it still possible to make it? Please advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2012
Guapo: Hello Justwise and other top guys, my brother just tracked his application and he was told the application is ready for collection. The issue is that he has not received an sms from vfs instructing him to do same.
Thanks

@guapo yes. the sms dont come through sometimes, once the track status says ready for collection you can go to the centre to pick it up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2012
Guapo: Hello Justwise and other top guys, my brother just tracked his application and he was told the application is ready for collection. The issue is that he has not received an sms from vfs instructing him to do same.
Thanks

Sure he can, let him go and pick it up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2012
@guapo please when did u apply?? what date?? Wishing u all d best and goodluck as u pick up ur visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

He needs his certificate. As far as I know the UKBA requires original documents. In the absence of the certificate, then the statement plus Transcripts is what is required. Am not sure if he can only submit his statement of result. Let's wait for Justwise.
I will suggest he waits for his transcript and apply for extension from his school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2012
Hi guyz, i wrote 2 my sch 4 a 2weeks extension which i want 2 attach 2 me visa application. I got this reply frm dem so i want 2 knw if it i§ enuf to attach it or i§ the letter normally in a letter headed paper cos this one i§ jst an email.
Experienced contribution would b appreciated.

Dear Ikechukwu

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your email.

As your course start date is 24 September 2012, you will have 31 days from this date to register at the university. As you expect to be in the UK by 1 October 2012, then this will not cause any problems regarding registering. Please keep us informed should you envisage any further delays.

Kind regards

Jo

student.registration wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:[Fwd: Request for an Extension (Applicant's number: 129610670)]
Date:Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:05:47 +0100
From:International emails <international.students@sheffield.ac.uk>
To:Visaletter - University Of Sheffield <pbsapply@sheffield.ac.uk>, student registration <student.registration@sheffield.ac.uk>
CCcheesy M Villis <grin.Villis@sheffield.ac.uk>

Dear colleagues,

Could you please reply to this query, he is asking for more time to enable him to obtain his visa and enter the UK, I am not sure when would be his latest date to register before UoS report them for non-registration, could you please inform him.

Many thanks, Azadeh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guapo(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2012
johann86: @guapo please when did u apply?? what date?? Wishing u all d best and goodluck as u pick up ur visa

thanks johann, he applied on the 27th of july @ d ikeja centre.
Thanks guys for d prompt reply, he is on his way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Chuks84: Hello, I was denied a student visa. I have myself to blame though, I asked questions on this forum and I was discouraged but I went ahead and submitted my application. The problem is that I used a company acct and a letter of financial sponsorship as my evidence of funds. I was denied on the grounds that I did not hold the required funds in my account and I was unable to prove that the 'international company' operated in more than one country. However, I have been given a right to an administrative review. I am determined to go for my masters, is it still possible to make it? Please advise.

I clearly remember your back and forth with Justwise and he's insistence on you not towing that way. Anyway thanks for still owning up, trust me it takes great courage to man up to one's mistake and I admire that in you. It's still Justwise that will advise you, I hope you listen this time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Chuks84

No
Too late , try next year.
No point in beating around the bush.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2012
salsera: Chuks84

No
Too late , try next year.
No point in beating around the bush.

Babe y did U̶̲̥̅̊ say it's too late abeg??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn:

Babe y did U̶̲̥̅̊ say it's too late abeg??
she said it too late becos an administrative review takes like 3-4months and @times even longer than that so it really too late to reapply now could try ur luck next year and next time always listen to instructions from peeps on this forum especially justwise gud luck bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2012
For those who are yet to apply DO NOT!! pay for the courier service,its ridiculous. i applied on the 26th of July and a mail has been sent to me from the embassy that my application has been fully processed, yet both vfs centre in ikeja and the courier company are claiming non-receipt however the status on the VFS website says "processed application in transit" since last night. Pls does anyone here have any other number to reach VFS on cos that 0704 number is equally a scam. im sooo upset.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
@House, is Police registration required/mandatory for students from Naija?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
kunlewoye: @House, is Police registration required/mandatory for students from Naija?

No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ Makomen

Hw far?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Chuks84: Hello, I was denied a student visa. I have myself to blame though, I asked questions on this forum and I was discouraged but I went ahead and submitted my application. The problem is that I used a company acct and a letter of financial sponsorship as my evidence of funds. I was denied on the grounds that I did not hold the required funds in my account and I was unable to prove that the 'international company' operated in more than one country. However, I have been given a right to an administrative review. I am determined to go for my masters, is it still possible to make it? Please advise.
What I will suggest is that you should follow the ukba rule by using either your account or parent's Account and make a fresh application. Administrative review at this time will only waste your time and you might still be refused

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.