Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866975 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mobidre: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
House, pls how do one make currency conversion tru oanda, do I put naira as d currency I have and pounds as d currency I want or vice versa. Please help a brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
Olola15:
A friend of mine is applying tomorrow to come join her husband in the UK who is on a tier 4 visa, my question is, will she be interviewed like a tier 4 student and if yes, what are the likely questions that will asked??

Thanks in advance for your help guys

I want to believe this is for a visit. The questions would be different but the person has to come with the necessary documents and also know about what and where the husband is studying or living.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allcorrect(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
Congrats and all the best.

pet01:
ThankGod I've received my visa today with 20hrs PW work permit. Wow aside from my 30 days pre- visa, I was given upto 1 st march 2017 for visa expiration.
Uni Chester here I come, do unto me as u would ur humble student grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jaejay:
Hello house. This is my first post here. Your answers have been really helpful.

My school is resuming 14th September. I am submitting my online application tomorrow and I'll be using the Abuja center. I am told I can only get an appointment day 2 days after online payment. I am a bit worried as time is against me. Your thoughts please. Thank you

Who said that? There is actually no specific date as you will be given a range of dates to choose for your appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miele(f): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
Ademuyiz:
Abeg, there's no point going to the collection centre if you haven't got the email inviting you to come collect. I was at the V.I collection centre today, sat in a long queue and then queued again upstairs. I had gotten the decision email since Saturday (but not the collection one). The guy at the counter simply tracked my application and said "it's not ready". That was all.

If I had got the email, I could have at least argued that I was told to come, but I just wasted my time going there today. I guess I was just really curious to know the outcome because time is very vital in situations like these.
You are right, I got the decision email and I Usain Bolted to V.I and I was told "it wasn't ready".
The first thing I was asked was "have you gotten the collection email from TLS"?? I couldn't argue. Lol
I just crawled back home disappointed, only for me to get the collection email few minutes afterwards.

You will get the collection email immediately it arrives. Just chill and hope for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
ebakwest:

From my experience I can tell you that GTB aren't telling you the solely truth. I have been trying to pay my tuition for the past 3 weeks via form A too in access bank but the manager keep telling me there is scarcity of international currency to bid. After persistent calling, telling them I'll take the money back and opt for online transfer from another bank and a lot of prayers they did it yesterday.
I'll advise you keep disturbing them every hour so they know it's no joke.
You are right! I disturbed my Gtbank people yesterday and this eveving and i prayed about it and found that they have done my transfers via form A . Yipee! Its annoying that u have to get cross for stuff to be done but im glad they came thru ...cus the black market exchange rate aint funny. So pls if your bank is being reluctant about making your paymenta via form A pls pray and insist if they value your business they will do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ZainabOO(f): 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hello, I just need to ask about the PTA. Is it really compulsory? All I have being doing is informing my bank so they can activate my card for international transfer. It's also easy opening a UK bank account. All you need to do is go to the bank with a letter from you school, a letter of occupancy and your passport. It's very simple.
Note: Be specific about the kind of account you want to open.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
djfrancis:

I want to believe this is for a visit. The questions would be different but the person has to come with the necessary documents and also know about what and where the husband is studying or living.

No. Its not for a visit.she's applying as a dependant of a tier 4 student ( her husband).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
eljaye:
It's been 10 working days since I submitted my application at the VI VAC, and am so eager to get this email saying a decision has been made. I am really anxious. I can't wait to pay for my flight and bus ticket to school.
lol, I can feel the anxiety. Relax and gently sip a chilled drink. After 15 days and still no mail. U can contact ukvi directly with ur Gwf no to track ur status

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
ZainabOO:
Hello, I just need to ask about the PTA. Is it really compulsory? All I have being doing is informing my bank so they can activate my card for international transfer. It's also easy opening a UK bank account. All you need to do is go to the bank with a letter from you school, a letter of occupancy and your passport. It's very simple.
Note: Be specific about the kind of account you want to open.

Nope its not compulsory at all! ..its just for people like me who are trying to save some money here and there. Ive had an account in the UK for about 20 years now and I think most people who have admission would have been informed by theor respective schools on the ease of opening bank accounts in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
Ademuyiz:
Abeg, there's no point going to the collection centre if you haven't got the email inviting you to come collect. I was at the V.I collection centre today, sat in a long queue and then queued again upstairs. I had gotten the decision email since Saturday (but not the collection one). The guy at the counter simply tracked my application and said "it's not ready". That was all.

If I had got the email, I could have at least argued that I was told to come, but I just wasted my time going there today. I guess I was just really curious to know the outcome because time is very vital in situations like these.

Ademuyiz its quite unfortunate the experience u had at the collection centre, but don't worry much about the application outcome, so long as u met the application requirements, be rest assured ur visa is waiting for u to come and pick it up. Be hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I returned from the UK after my graduation in June. I still have a valid student visa up till October. I have now gained admission to study Law in another university in the UK. I want to obtain my visa here before leaving. My mother has an investment with kakawa Discount House which she has operated for over 3 years. It is a monthly investment that she rolls over which runs into millions. Kakawa has also given us a letter to that effect and we have printed copies of the monthly letter they always issue to her. We printed each month for the past 12 months. The question is: Does the British embassy accepts Kakawa Discount House. It is a financial house and First Bank has the highest shares. It has also been given approval to operate as a merchant bank. Please I need advice. Has anyone tendered a letter from Kakawa in the past? What was your experience?

Sorry dear, I doubt if UKVI would accept that, beside the list financial institution they accept their statement is on their website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
@tinukeOlu.. yep i agree with others the probably wont accept that. You could try sending them an email before you apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
manova:

I tried severally with GTB without success. Can I fund my paga wallet or am I likely to have same issue?

Unfortunately I don't know how paga wallet works, So I wouldn't know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kokegbe(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Please house help, how much is the bank charge when one obtains PTA from a baank. I want to go for the maximum $4000.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jaejay: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2015
djfrancis:

Who said that? There is actually no specific date as you will be given a range of dates to choose for your appointment.

Ok. Thank you for the information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
kokegbe:
Please house help, how much is the bank charge when one obtains PTA from a baank. I want to go for the maximum $4000.

1% of the value in naira and vat of 5% of the 1% charge.... But why dollars? Though the max for pounds is £2000 as stated by FBN staff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
Olola15:
A friend of mine is applying tomorrow to come join her husband in the UK who is on a tier 4 visa, my question is, will she be interviewed like a tier 4 student and if yes, what are the likely questions that will asked??

Thanks in advance for your help guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Iyomizi(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
First of all I will like to appreciate the vital information this forum has provided and the relentless effort of everyone here so as to make sure we all make it to UK. You guys are awesome cheesy

Back to the matter:

Abeg oo make u na help me see to this issue ooo. I went for my interview on the 13th of this month (at the I keja centre) and my application was transfered to the UK immigration people on the 18th and up till now, no decision has been made with respect to my application. Am not actually so comfortable with the mental stress this gives me. Am thinking of sending the UK immigration people a mail directly as I feel the TLC's in nigeria are beginning to drive towards the incompetence lane in these deadline hours. I will appreciate if I can get the UKIV email I can send a tracking request to so I can know my faith.

This suspense why this people dey give person no be here. embarassed[color=#000099][/color] Abeg make Usa advice me before I go go complicate matter.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Iyomizi:
First of all I will like to appreciate the vital information this forum has provided and the relentless effort of everyone here so as to make sure we all make it to UK. You guys are awesome cheesy

Back to the matter:

Abeg oo make u na help me see to this issue ooo. I went for my interview on the 13th of this month (at the I keja centre) and my application was transfered to the UK immigration people on the 18th and up till now, no decision has been made with respect to my application. Am not actually so comfortable with the mental stress this gives me. Am thinking of sending the UK immigration people a mail directly as I feel the TLC's in nigeria are beginning to drive towards the incompetence lane in these deadline hours. I will appreciate if I can get the UKIV email I can send a tracking request to so I can know my faith.

This suspense why this people dey give person no be here. embarassed[color=#000099][/color] Abeg make Usa advice me before I go go complicate matter.

Thanks

There's no actual email address, you can drop them a message at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

They usually reply within 24 hours, sometimes faster. 18th is just 5 working days ago, there's no need to have mental stress regarding this. Give them time. Lol

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Iyomizi(m): 1:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Ademuyiz:

There's no actual email address, you can drop them a message at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

They usually reply within 24 hours, sometimes faster. 18th is just 5 working days ago, there's no need to have mental stress regarding this. Give them time. Lol

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2015
mobidre:
House, pls how do one make currency conversion tru oanda, do I put naira as d currency I have and pounds as d currency I want or vice versa. Please help a brother.
it should be pounds to naira. Just input 1 in the pounds column
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Petitediva14:

1% of the value in naira and vat of 5% of the 1% charge.... But why dollars? Though the max for pounds is £2000 as stated by FBN staff
I was told €2400
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Folorunso09: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2015
Hello all,

Pls who else is encountering the 'technical issue' on the UKVI site while trying to make the IHS payments?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2015
bidosko:
I was told €2400
2400 euro is wat u wrote. it is equivalent to 2000 pounds i guess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Obioraezike: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2015
Kabosky1956:
Wasn't a nice experience in there yesterday.. But I will be there tomorrow again-email or no email.

Hi Bro, please could you let me know the outcome of your visit to TLS today?
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2015
@manova.

u have to register your GTBANK Mastercard with Master Card secure code.

https://enrollment.securecode.com/vpas/gtbmcsc.html

Get your activation number when u login into your internet banking account. Go to Card services and then Activation number.

@chenn. Wat course ar u goin for dat u ar spending 2 years for MSc in UK. U could av chosen US or Canada den because of post study work visa u ar entitled wit.

One of d reason y people choose UK is because it is just one year unlike d aforementioned which is 2.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 26, 2015
Masters in canada or us is 1year.its postgraduate diploma that is 2years even in the uk postgradute diploma is 2years - usqoh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2015
crazydove:
Masters in canada or us is 1year.its postgraduate diploma that is 2years even in the uk postgradute diploma is 2years - usqoh

One year and not two
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

One year and not two

Check for LLB law (for non-law) in most uk schools is 2years.university of biringham,queens university belfast,university of sussex,university of "sherified",university of pormouth,university of aberdeen,university of newcastle...etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2015
crazydove:

Check for LLB law (for non-law) in most uk schools is 2years.university of biringham,queens university belfast,university of sussex,university of "sherified",university of pormouth,university of aberdeen,university of newcastle...etc.

Bro full time PGDip is one year while part time is two years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2015
crazydove:

wrong. MSC in canada and usa is 2 years. Postgraduate Diploma is one year. U wil av to do PGD before going for MSC if most courses if u av 2.2 especially in Canada. Which give PGD admission first.

Top universities in d uk like imperial, cambridge, UCL, LSE, KC, manchester, oxford etc. take firstclass and 2.1.

While most other schools will accept 2.2. The implication is dat if u av 2.2 u can get uk msc within a year den counterpart in canada wit 2.2 wil av to spend 3 years. 2 years of your time wasted. d job u wil b doin dere ar just student menial job.

y not av a msc and search for graduate job dat wil b respected worldwide and earn kul money and start a family. not wasting your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.