Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865227 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
adunni:
Hi guys,

Please has anyone here withdrawn money from their account after their interview but before a decision was made?

Is the UKVI authorised to verify the amounnt left in someone's account?

You can withdraw from the account as long as you don't go below the stipulated amount you should have in the account. They could feel you are trying to play smart if they find out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Get it right though. I wonder what that is. But it shouldnt be a problem. "Get it right" over paying 40k jare.

Thank you.

It's just like a statement. No big deal at all. You welcome

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2015
adunni:
Hi guys,

Please has anyone here withdrawn money from their account after their interview but before a decision was made?

Yes, you can by all means take out of the money you have deposited in your account after you have submitted. I transferred back the money I used for my 28 days count back to my dad immediately I submitted. All the UKVI wants to know is if you can keep such amount untouched for 28 days, after that, whatever you do with the money isn't their business.

It's not stated anywhere in the guide that you shouldn't touch the money after submitting. The only disadvantage of doing that is, if you are refused for any other reason, you will have to start counting from the start again since you tampered with the amount.

The only thing you shouldn't do wrong is submit a false bank statement. No bank is under an obligation to divulge your account balance to an embassy. The statement is proof enough.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebakwest(m): 3:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Fola10:

You can pay for Priority Visa for the TLS Centre Abuja. However, they don't accept cash payments. You have to pay online. Go to https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php . Then create an account. After you've created the account, Click on Added Value Services and you'll see which ones you want to pay for. At that stage, it doesn't list Tier 4 as a category that is eligible for Priority Visa. But it doesn't matter. You can go ahead to choose it .It will add the services you want to your cart and then you checkout. You can pay with any card.

After you've paid, you will receive a confirmation email. Print the confirmation email and take it with you to the TLS Centre in Abuja. At the first desk, they will ask if you paid for any services. Tell them you paid for Priority and show them the confirmation email. They are supposed to give you a green file bag. Everybody's file bag is red. but Priority File bag is Green.

I hope it helps.

Thanks so much it helped.
I have registered and paid.
looking forward to my interview next Thursday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 28, 2015
purpledandelion:

UK ctzn. Mmu not only just in same town as uom but along same road. And yh u can give me a buzz when you around

kk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Ademuyiz:

Yes, you can by all means take out of the money you have deposited in your account after you have submitted. I transferred back the money I used for my 28 days count back to my dad immediately I submitted. All the UKVI wants to know is if you can keep such amount untouched for 28 days, after that, whatever you do with the money isn't their business.

It's not stated anywhere in the guide that you shouldn't touch the money after submitting. The only disadvantage of doing that is, if you are refused for any other reason, you will have to start counting from the start again since you tampered with the amount.

The only thing you shouldn't do wrong is submit a false bank statement. No bank is under an obligation to divulge your account balance to an embassy.[/color] The statement is proof enough.

The statements in [color=#990000] RED are very wrong!
That money is supposed to be there for your maintenance in the UK.

The UKVI authorised have ways of checking that funds are in your bank account and will do so.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2015
ebakwest:

Thanks so much it helped.
I have registered and paid.
looking forward to my interview next Thursday.

y next Thursday? it is late as that is Septemba na!. Ok u ar goin for priority visa, no qualms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 28, 2015
Ademuyiz:

The only thing you shouldn't do wrong is submit a false bank statement. No bank is under an obligation to divulge your account balance to an embassy. The statement is proof enough.

u ar lucky man to get visa. Moreso, u will need d money. How wil u survive? What if job doesnt come immediately. Wat of accommodation? U should av d required money at least 6 months to focus on your studies first and get 10 hours a week job to focua. dat is d main reason y u should b dere so kul money wil come. u should get minimum of merit grade in your msc. ok

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2015
Ademuyiz:

You are misleading the op and making up your own rules.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2015
usqoh:

u ar lucky man to get visa. Moreso, u will need d money. How wil u survive? What if job doesnt come immediately. Wat of accommodation? U should av d required money at least 6 months to focus on your studies first and get 10 hours a week job to focua. dat is d main reason y u should b dere so kul money wil come. u should get minimum of merit grade in your msc. ok

The other reason is that your school MUST check that you have funds available in the UK.
If your funds are not there the school will report you to UKBA and you may be deported.

This is all part of the requirements for schools to get trusted status.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adunni(f): 8:00am On Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys,
Please what documents do I need to take along when I'm collecting my passport and documents back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by babynussy: 8:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Hi evryone, pls I need ur help on this. I got an admission to study Msc Info tech and my CAS has been sent to me. But the problem I have now is the 28days statement. I havse all the maintenance fee n bal. of tuition in my dadz account but I jst noticed yesterday which is the 27th day that the acc is my dadz company account. my councillor told me I cnt use the account because is a company's acc. My sch school is resuming on 19th of sept. if I start counting again. Wnt it be too late? pls I need urgent answer on this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebakwest(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2015
usqoh:

y next Thursday? it is late as that is Septemba na!. Ok u ar goin for priority visa, no qualms

it's because I have a professional exam have been studying for so am taking my time. the exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:46am On Aug 28, 2015
babynussy:
Hi evryone, pls I need ur help on this. I got an admission to study Msc Info tech and my CAS has been sent to me. But the problem I have now is the 28days statement. I havse all the maintenance fee n bal. of tuition in my dadz account but I jst noticed yesterday which is the 27th day that the acc is my dadz company account. my councillor told me I cnt use the account because is a company's acc. My sch school is resuming on 19th of sept. if I start counting again. Wnt it be too late? pls I need urgent answer on this. Thanks

I think that the only thing that you can do now is present the account and hope and pray that they let it through.
Otherwise your dad must transfer the funds and you would start counting again.
Do not mention it unless asked!
If you are asked tell them that you did not realize it would be a problem, you are not the first with this situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eljaye(f): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2015
I feel so sad that this UKVI hasn't even sent me a decision mail already in 13 working days. It's not even easy at all! This tension is real! But I must testify though! sad

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rotimilax(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Anyone going to the university of bedfordshire this september?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 10:24am On Aug 28, 2015
adunni:
Hi guys,
Please what documents do I need to take along when I'm collecting my passport and documents back?

A photocopy of your passport data page and the form you were given after the interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2015
eljaye:
I feel so sad that this UKVI hasn't even sent me a decision mail already in 13 working days. It's not even easy at all! This tension is real! But I must testify though! sad
where did u apply from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys,

So I just picked up my visa this morning. It took exactly 4 working days cz I paid for Priority Visa at the TLS centre in Abuja. Thank you for all the feedback and info on here. God bless you.

However, I was only given 10 hours work during term time. Please how i rectify this?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Fola10:
Hi guys,

So I just picked up my visa this morning. It took exactly 4 working days cz I paid for Priority Visa at the TLS centre in Abuja. Thank you for all the feedback and info on here. God bless you.

However, I was only given 10 hours work during term time. Please how i rectify this?

Congrats.... We are in the same boat. I have sent a message to my vac and they apologized and said they would get back to me but I haven't received any other mail. However my school said if I can't change it here they would help me when I arrive that is if my BRP still has that error. So right now I am on a sit down and look at ukvi Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2015
Petitediva14:

Congrats.... We are in the same boat. I have sent a message to my vac and they apologized and said they would get back to me but I haven't received any other mail. However my school said if I can't change it here they would help me when I arrive that is if my BRP still has that error. So right now I am on a sit down and look at ukvi Nigeria.

in that case let me tell my school o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2015
Fola10:
Hi guys,

Hey. Congrats. But I wanted to ask... 4 working days to get the decision email or 4 working days to pick up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by eljaye(f): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2015
usqoh:

where did u apply from.

I aplied at the Victoria Island VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2015
dannyabba:

Hey. Congrats. But I wanted to ask... 4 working days to get the decision email or 4 working days to pick up?

4 working days to get the decision

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samiam123: 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello. I just received my decision email at 9 this morning. Is it advisable to go and check for my passport now or should I wait till I get the email for collection? (By the way, I applied at the Ikeja teleperformance)
I'm asking because last year when I applied for a visa for a foundation course, I was able to collect my passport on the same day I got the decision email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
samiam123:
Hello. I just received my decision email at 9 this morning. Is it advisable to go and check for my passport now or should I wait till I get the email for collection? (By the way, I applied at the Ikeja teleperformance)
I'm asking because last year when I applied for a visa for a foundation course, I was able to collect my passport on the same day I got the decision email.

You can go today...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
eljaye:

I aplied at the Victoria Island VAC.
no wonder
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Obioraezike: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
babynussy:

I will suggest that you transfer the money into either your personal account or your dad's account and wait for 28 days before applying . The Tier 4 Policy Guidance is quite clear on the sort of accounts you can use; and you can find this in paragraph 512,page 52 of the Guidance Note which I have reproduced below:

"The following document can be used to show money available to you
Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 28 day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application. Your personal bank or building society statements must show:
your name or your parent’s/legal guardian’s name;and
• the account number; and
• the financial institution’s name and logo; and
• the amount of money available."

A company account will have just the company's name even if your dad may be a director in the said company. I think it's safe to immediately start making arrrangement to have the funds transferred either to your personal account or your dad's account, else you stand a high chance of been rejected.

Furthermore, I believe your CAS will have the latest start date for your programme which is usually different from the commencement date. You should be okay if the latest date is long enough to accomodate the 28 days period, as well as the 15 working days period for your visa application. Nonetheless, you can pay for priority service at TLS if you cant wait for 15 working days to get a response on your visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
adunni:
Hi guys,

Yes I withdrew money below my maintenance balance amount before my decision was made, though its risky but I have to give it a trial. And I got my visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
babynussy:
Why don't you try to pay the tuition to your school and get a new CAS? That way, you wouldn't need to show so much in your bank statement; assuming that you have the maintenance funds in your account or your dad's, that is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
ebakwest:

it's because I have a professional exam have been studying for so am taking my time. the exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.

Thanks
ACCA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samiam123: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thank you djfrancis. I was able to collect it and I got the visa. Thank God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.