Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864530 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
usqoh:

2400 euro is wat u wrote. it is equivalent to 2000 pounds i guess
lols I mean was told 2400 pound @ firstbank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
chenn:
@usqoh! I have already paid my tuitions for the 15/2016 Session
if I decide to apply to another uni what are the implications since I have been given visa?

Another path, is that my uni have similar MSc that run for one yr, do you think they can listen to me if I put up the request?

bros. dont stress urself applying for anoda skul as u av gone far.

u might want to ask for d one year option too.

wish u d best. success
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Fola10:

Hi guys,

How many days is it between the date you get a decision email and when you'll receive your documents back if you applied for courier at the TLS Centre, Abuja?

Minimum of 4 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
bidosko:
lols I mean was told 2400 pound @ firstbank

Gt is giving 2500 pounds so i guess since CBN is silent on pound banks are giving diff amounts in other currencys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
purpledandelion:

I'm doing Business/HRM combined, come next month at Mmu. That maths you mentioned sends shivers down my spine. It's my Goliath and has always been.
I can't even work my tax out and prospective employers would be expecting me to do a company's payroll, in big figures for that matter. angry angry angry

Lols I don't think the maths will be that hard its just basic accounts.nothing serious

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
thababe:

Gt is giving 2500 pounds so i guess since CBN is silent on pound banks are giving diff amounts in other currencys.

Every bank branch and its own rules..... #nathemsabi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sylverbox(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Please guys my visa interview is on Friday. I have a printed bank statement, do I need a cover letter? Also what kind of questions should I expect?......plssssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebakwest(m): 1:16am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know about the priority visa?
I want to be sure I'll pay for it at the embassy in Abuja since I didn't see the payment option online.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 6:48am On Aug 27, 2015
ebakwest:

Hello everyone,

I want to be sure I'll pay for it at the embassy in Abuja since I didn't see the payment option online.

thanks
I know that it can be paid for at the VI centre. So most likely, at Abuja as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2015
worry359:

In RED is wrong information!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the account never FALLS below the required amount you are ok counting the 28 days.
You DO NOT need to freeze your account you can use it as long as the total never falls below the required sum.

I'm afraid but you got this one wrong, usqoh is right in this case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Sylverbox:
Please guys my visa interview is on Friday. I have a printed bank statement, do I need a cover letter? Also what kind of questions should I expect?......plssssss

You don't need cover letter. Read few pages back for possible interview questions

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 8:52am On Aug 27, 2015
TinukeOlu:
Please what is the best way to pay the deposit or tuition? I have applied for Form A with GTB since last Thursday, but they have not paid it up till now. Please which other way can payment be made quicker. Is Zenith making payment faster.

Hmm infact i think its just a matter of how effective your account officer is. Mine took exactly two weeks. When they were wasting time i went to reactivate my Fidelity account and they were ready to do it but said it would take between 1 to 2 weeks cus they need to bid for forex. I had to speak to a few people n pray. So if you want to pay deposit to get your cas its better u find someone in the UK to assist or use one of these bureau de changes ..they will pay the school same day. You can use the Forn A for the rest of your tuition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2015
Well let me not put it solely on ur acct office cus CBN has made the procedure a bit more stressful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sylverbox(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
justwise:

You don't need cover letter. Read few pages back for possible interview questions
thank you wise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015
ebakwest:

Hello everyone,

thanks

You can pay for Priority Visa for the TLS Centre Abuja. However, they don't accept cash payments. You have to pay online. Go to https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php . Then create an account. After you've created the account, Click on Added Value Services and you'll see which ones you want to pay for. At that stage, it doesn't list Tier 4 as a category that is eligible for Priority Visa. But it doesn't matter. You can go ahead to choose it .It will add the services you want to your cart and then you checkout. You can pay with any card.

After you've paid, you will receive a confirmation email. Print the confirmation email and take it with you to the TLS Centre in Abuja. At the first desk, they will ask if you paid for any services. Tell them you paid for Priority and show them the confirmation email. They are supposed to give you a green file bag. Everybody's file bag is red. but Priority File bag is Green.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by purpledandelion: 10:27am On Aug 27, 2015
scoobs:
The fear would disappear, when you think of the exchange rate.

I get what you mean but I'm an home student and studying at degree level, not Msc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2015
purpledandelion:

I get what you mean but I'm an home student and studying at degree level, not Msc

u ar a uk or eu citizen den. mmu is in d same town as uom den. we might meet dere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Obioraezike: 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Kabosky1956:
Wasn't a nice experience in there yesterday.. But I will be there tomorrow again-email or no email.

Hi,I collected my passport this morning with a visa stamped on it. smiley
Hope yours went well.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blessedfavoured: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
hello guys!! officially checking in here.

I just wanted to find out if its compulsory to do IELTS, like for the embassy, even though my school nottingham trent waived it? Im going for my masters.

Thak you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by purpledandelion: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
usqoh:

u ar a uk or eu citizen den. mmu is in d same town as uom den. we might meet dere.

UK ctzn. Mmu not only just in same town as uom but along same road. And yh u can give me a buzz when you around
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
blessedfavoured:

I just wanted to find out if its compulsory to do IELTS, like for the embassy, even though my school nottingham trent waived it? Im going for my masters.

Thak you.
Nt compulsory
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blessedfavoured: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
scoobs:
Nt compulsory

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Thak you.

Not compulsory but you will be required to fill a 'get it right' form stating why you do not need the english assessment test for your school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blessedfavoured: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
djfrancis:

Not compulsory but you will be required to fill a 'get it right' form stating why you do not need the english assessment test for your school

Get it right though. I wonder what that is. But it shouldnt be a problem. "Get it right" over paying 40k jare.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank God, Got my visa as well today. Expires January 2017.

Took exactly 15 working days.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
house pls what are the questions they will ask at he point of entry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spawne: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I trust you are all doing great.

I want to find out if there's anyone going to Cranfield University in October.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seyifunmi01: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ademuyiz:
Thank God, Got my visa as well today. Expires January 2017.

Took exactly 15 working days.

congrats. Which visa application centre did u apply. Den wc school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
what questions will they ask at point of entry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by purpledandelion: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
olatejucole:
what questions will they ask at point of entry

Just the basics like what course you going to study, name of your institution, where you gonna reside during your stay, they might ask about finances as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
seyifunmi01:

congrats. Which visa application centre did u apply. Den wc school.

Thanks! Submitted at V.I on the 7th of Aug, University of Sheffield.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adunni(f): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Please has anyone here withdrawn money from their account after their interview but before a decision was made?

Is the UKVI authorised to verify the amounnt left in someone's account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.