Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865986 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemann: 12:19am On Aug 24, 2012
Deferre it till january?pls is there any other option apart from deffering my offe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 24, 2012
yemann: Deferre it till january?pls is there any other option apart from deffering my offe.

If it's within your power, you can pay some of the fees. You'd be able to bring down the amount you would be required to show to the ECO. You can then request for a new CAS from the University which will be quicker to get that waiting 28 days for the statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 12:26am On Aug 24, 2012
Donxavier:

Why not go for Cranfield?

I prefer sheffield cos of d̶̲̥̅̊ ranking and d̶̲̥̅̊ course ϑε̲γ̲ are offering besides, i have already paid part of my tuition fee @ sheffield
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 12:31am On Aug 24, 2012
Plz do all UK sch have january intake?? Cos ama have 2 consider ϑaτ̅ since A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of racing against time, everytin i§ jst becoming too tidious 4 me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 24, 2012
eezeebone:

If it's within your power, you can pay some of the fees. You'd be able to bring down the amount you would be required to show to the ECO. You can then request for a new CAS from the University which will be quicker to get that waiting 28 days for the statement.

Beautiful idea
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2012
ikcbn: Plz do all UK sch have january intake?? Cos ama have 2 consider ϑaτ̅ since A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of racing against time, everytin i§ jst becoming too tidious 4 me

Find out if you can defer to January then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 5:52am On Aug 24, 2012
Mates, one more mind-numbing worry. I did not sign on the back of my passport photograph I gummed on my Tier 4 form at the application centre. I hope this is not a problem as I saw it in one of the posts here that it is important. Besides, I only attached one passport photograph. Hope this will not lead to my being refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 24, 2012
^^^
Not at all. No worries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 6:22am On Aug 24, 2012
Donxavier: ^^^
Not at all. No worries

Oh thanks buddy. Respect

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2012
yemann: Hello, I have a problem regarding my uk visa.i wasn't aware of the new increased maintenance funds, so I already prepared for the previous funds and by the time I got to know it was late doe I added more money to my account and also called up my school to ask for an extention. And I am given the grace till 30th of september but the problem is the counting till 28days which will be complete on the 23rd of september. I don't know what to do. Pls advise me.[/color][color=#990000]

eezeebone:

You should go with @eezeebone's advice. The only snag I envisage is how do you pay part of your maintenance fees to your Tier4 sponsor? It's better if you have part of your tuition fees still to be paid or if you can also try to deposit 1k toward accommodation (not more than 1k as UKBA will not deduct more than this from the money you need to show for maintenance). I hope you understand. Best wishes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
Donxavier: @ Makomen

What's up? How did it go? Any news?
. I just got a refusal letter but want to appeal because they said : ‎​They said. In view of the fact that ur letter of financial sponsorship from D̶̲̥̅̊ esan west LGA does not specify the full extent of the financial sponsorship offered to u with a breakdown of the expected costs I am not satisfied that u have provided the specified documents to show that u are in possession of sufficient funds as detailed in paragraph 10 to 13 of appendix C of the immigration rules, u therefore don't meet the requirement to be granted entry clearance under tier 4(general) student and I refuse ur application under paragraph 245zv(c) of the immigration rules. And they did not contact my Local Government council. The sponsorship letter stated that the Lga will take full responsibility of my tuition, living cost and maintenance through out the course of my Master program. They even stated the academic year. 2012 - 2013. That's Y I am appealing. I travelled away from home and couldn't track it till on wednesday. They gave me 28 days for filling an appeal. So I am using a lawyer, so wat do U Guys think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Makomen
Did the letter state exactly how much they were sponsoring you with
That is specific amount covering your exact tuition fees,living expenses
If your entire funding is dependent on LGA then the onus is on you to provide satisfactory evidence.
They won't contact your LGA.
If the letter did state that then you may consider appeal but note it will not be decided early and you won't be able to go to school this year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ikcbn
Your case is confusing oh. I think you have muddled things up for us
Q1. You posted email dated 3rd aug from ATAS saying it would take 20working days. Bros today is 24th nah, your cert should be ready
Q2. Pls which application was amended - your ATAS or CAS
Q3. What about the letter from your school you posted here that you had 31 days from the 24th to register in school

Like someone said speak with Tomi jare, she's the sheffield rep.ideally you should have run all these issues through her sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: . I just got a refusal letter but want to appeal because they said : ‎​They said. In view of the fact that ur letter of financial sponsorship from D̶̲̥̅̊ esan west LGA does not specify the full extent of the financial sponsorship offered to u with a breakdown of the expected costs I am not satisfied that u have provided the specified documents to show that u are in possession of sufficient funds as detailed in paragraph 10 to 13 of appendix C of the immigration rules, u therefore don't meet the requirement to be granted entry clearance under tier 4(general) student and I refuse ur application under paragraph 245zv(c) of the immigration rules. And they did not contact my Local Government council. The sponsorship letter stated that the Lga will take full responsibility of my tuition, living cost and maintenance through out the course of my Master program. They even stated the academic year. 2012 - 2013. That's Y I am appealing. I travelled away from home and couldn't track it till on wednesday. They gave me 28 days for filling an appeal. So I am using a lawyer, so wat do U Guys think?

Salsera is Right. The ECO has stated his concerns. Your letter didn't state in specific details how the sponsorship will cover your tuition, living cost and maintenance. The problem really was the sponsorship letter. An appeal may take months, so it's next year most likely. This time get it right. Read the guidelines on Government Sponsorship and also get the school informed so it's reflected on your CAS.
All the best bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tominiyiE: 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hi, everyone. I have been reading this forum and how it has been helping others. I will appreciate ur contribution to my case below.
I got an offer with a grant(TUTION ONLY) from a UK school for my PhD. I was given a start date of 12 september 2012 but i was told I can still come in October. I have not put in my application cos I am still waiting for my ATAS certificate. Do I still have some chance of making the enrollment?
I am also planning to go with my husband and baby(as dependants). I have a letter of sponsorship from my employer to cover for our full maintanenace.
My school says i must resume in October or else I lose the grant? What are my chances? How long does it take to process student tier 4 Visa of recent? What are the other things I should take to consideration? I will appreciate ur valuable response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tominiyiE: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
tominiyiE: Hi, everyone. I have been reading this forum and how it has been helping others. I will appreciate ur contribution to my case below.
I got an offer with a grant(TUTION ONLY) from a UK school for my PhD. I was given a start date of 12 september 2012 but i was told I can still come in October. I have not put in my application cos I am still waiting for my ATAS certificate. Do I still have some chance of making the enrollment?
I am also planning to go with my husband and baby(as dependants). I have a letter of sponsorship from my employer to cover for our full maintanenace.
My school says i must resume in October or else I lose the grant? What are my chances? How long does it take to process student tier 4 Visa of recent? What are the other things I should take to consideration? I will appreciate ur valuable response
Pls I need ur urgent reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
tominiyiE: Hi, everyone. I have been reading this forum and how it has been helping others. I will appreciate ur contribution to my case below.

It takes 15-20 working days to process the Visa.
You can still make it if you apply first week in Sept.
Is your employer an international organization?
Please meet all the requirements for Letters of Official Sponsorship.

What are your chances? The Tier 4 visa is the easiest visa to get if you meet all the requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
^^^
Then as regards going with your dependants, you need to read the whole Tier 4 migrant policy on dependants. There are a whole lot of rules there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
Just got d best bday present ever, just collected my 2year multi visa wif 20hrs work permitted....Special thanks goes to justwise, Donxavier,dharkchild you guys rock!!! Submitted on d 31st of July, collected my visa 2day...Goodluck 2 the rest of NL's who have submitted and expecting, you'd definitely hear good news IJN...also do u part and adhere 2 instruction and advice 4rm Justwise,don,darkchild and d rest gurus...cheers!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by azoo: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
@justwise and all, please I need ur advise. My fiancee just got her visa to travel to the UK for her MSc and she has covered her tuition already and has little maintenance fund with her. Is it possible she gets accomodation where she can pay weekly or monthly pending when money is sent to her or she must pay for the whole 44wk or 52wk contract at a go?
And if you know someone that can help out with accommodation pls holla me at az.yomiyusuf@gmail.com. The school is uni of sheffield. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
johann86: Just got d best bday present ever, just collected my 2year multi visa wif 20hrs work permitted....Special thanks goes to justwise, Donxavier,dharkchild you guys rock!!! Submitted on d 31st of July, collected my visa 2day...Goodluck 2 the rest of NL's who have submitted and expecting, you'd definitely hear good news IJN...also do u part and adhere 2 instruction and advice 4rm Justwise,don,darkchild and d rest gurus...cheers!!

Yippee, congratulations and happy birthday. All the best with your preparations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
azoo: @justwise and all, please I need ur advise. My fiancee just got her visa to travel to the UK for her MSc and she has covered her tuition already and has little maintenance fund with her. Is it possible she gets accomodation where she can pay weekly or monthly pending when money is sent to her or she must pay for the whole 44wk or 52wk contract at a go?
And if you know someone that can help out with accommodation pls holla me at az.yomiyusuf@gmail.com. The school is uni of sheffield. Thanks

Wow, that's my school. Ok if you staying on school accommodation, you have to sign the 44 or 52 Weeks contacts, but you don't have to pay at once its flexible.

If you want private accommodation which might be cheaper, I would advice she look for apartment online and check the proximity to the school. (apartments with bills inclusive are always better IMO)

She can then book a temporary accommodation in Sheffield for like 3 nights. She can use this period to visit the apartments and make her choice on which apartment to choose. She can also use house finder in the schools website to look for recommended private accommodation. These are private landlords that are registered with the school. They are way cheaper than school accommodation.

In all, either private or school accommodation, payment plan is flexible... Dunno about weekly, but monthly, yeah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by azoo: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
thanx a lot bro. U've been most helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by azoo: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
@dharkchild pls can u do a personal check for me on properties with bills inclusive and the average price, she used the housingfinder but they dont indicate if its bill inclusive. I will most appreciate if u can help out. Thanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
azoo: @justwise and all, please I need ur advise. My fiancee just got her visa to travel to the UK for her MSc and she has covered her tuition already and has little maintenance fund with her. Is it possible she gets accomodation where she can pay weekly or monthly pending when money is sent to her or she must pay for the whole 44wk or 52wk contract at a go?

She will be asked to pay monthly but she need to make deposit which is refundable when she moves out, the deposit is always equivalent of her monthly rent, school accommodations are always more expensive and they demand more money in terms of deposit than private rented accommodation.

Many school accommodations charges you for using washing machine while its free in private accommodations, i can go on and on about school accommodations..but no need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by azoo: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
@justwise. I most appreciate ur reply..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
johann86: Just got d best bday present ever, just collected my 2year multi visa wif 20hrs work permitted....Special thanks goes to justwise, Donxavier,dharkchild you guys rock!!! Submitted on d 31st of July, collected my visa 2day...Goodluck 2 the rest of NL's who have submitted and expecting, you'd definitely hear good news IJN...also do u part and adhere 2 instruction and advice 4rm Justwise,don,darkchild and d rest gurus...cheers!!

Knew you were going to get it wink. Best wishes dude.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2012

Congratulations and good luck with your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princericheey: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
Good evening guys. I've started completing the online visa form and i was asked for my father's date of birth but I don't know d exact date. I don't think he knows too. Abeg na wetin i go put there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
princericheey: Good evening guys. I've started completing the online visa form and i was asked for my father's date of birth but I don't know d exact date. I don't think he knows too. Abeg na wetin i go put there?

This has to be the most ridiculous question ever asked on this forum( Am sorry, couldn't resist poking fungringringrin)

Put anything there. Anything that makes sense sha. At least there must be an assumed date if he doesn't know the exact date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
azoo: @dharkchild pls can u do a personal check for me on properties with bills inclusive and the average price, she used the housingfinder but they dont indicate if its bill inclusive. I will most appreciate if u can help out. Thanx.

Let her use the advance search to narrow get search scope and click on the property one after the other. They always state it if bills are inclusive.

She could also google "student apartment in Sheffield"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
salsera: @ikcbn
Your case is confusing oh. I think you have muddled things up for us
Q1. You posted email dated 3rd aug from ATAS saying it would take 20working days. Bros today is 24th nah, your cert should be ready
Q2. Pls which application was amended - your ATAS or CAS
Q3. What about the letter from your school you posted here that you had 31 days from the 24th to register in school

Like someone said speak with Tomi jare, she's the sheffield rep.ideally you should have run all these issues through her sef.

Firstly,I wanna 2 say a very big tank U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 my miracle working God and U̶̲̥̅̊ all 4 Your kind concern on ma problem bt I write 2 inform U̶̲̥̅̊ all ϑaτ̅ I have bin given my ATAS Clearnce this evening so i would definitely go ahead wit my visa application nxt week.
*Cheers*

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.