Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865973 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn: Hi guyz, i wrote 2 my sch 4 a 2weeks extension which i want 2 attach 2 me visa application. I got this reply frm dem so i want 2 knw if it i§ enuf to attach it or i§ the letter normally in a letter headed paper cos this one i§ jst an email.
Experienced contribution would b appreciated.

Dear Ikechukwu

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your email.

As your course start date is 24 September 2012, you will have 31 days from this date to register at the university. As you expect to be in the UK by 1 October 2012, then this will not cause any problems regarding registering. Please keep us informed should you envisage any further delays.

Kind regards

Jo

student.registration wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:[Fwd: Request for an Extension (Applicant's number: 129610670)]
Date:Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:05:47 +0100
From:International emails <international.students@sheffield.ac.uk>
To:Visaletter - University Of Sheffield <pbsapply@sheffield.ac.uk>, student registration <student.registration@sheffield.ac.uk>
CCcheesy M Villis <grin.Villis@sheffield.ac.uk>

Dear colleagues,

Could you please reply to this query, he is asking for more time to enable him to obtain his visa and enter the UK, I am not sure when would be his latest date to register before UoS report them for non-registration, could you please inform him.

Many thanks, Azadeh
You should be fine with just the print out, but I will suggest that u ask your school to inform ukba
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Yipee. I applied on d 1st of August and dey jst notified me 2 cum 4 collection
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Roke93: Yipee. I applied on d 1st of August and dey jst notified me 2 cum 4 collection

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
justwise:

No.
Thanks! Had to read extensively on that.
Meanwhile, is it advisable for one to carry cash(equivalent of more than 10,000Euros) to the UK in order to open a UK account thereby avoiding all the excessive bank Int'l transfer charges? I know one has to declare this by filling a certain form. Has anyone been here before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
kunlewoye:
Meanwhile, is it advisable for one to carry cash(equivalent of more than 10,000Euros) to the UK in order to open a UK account thereby avoiding all the excessive bank Int'l transfer charges? I know one has to declare this by filling a certain form. Has anyone been here before?

It is NOT advisable. They will seize the excess money. So unless you have plenty money to dash immigration, you can go with more than €10000. That's what happened to a cousin of mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
Roke93: Yipee. I applied on d 1st of August and dey jst notified me 2 cum 4 collection
K, we're waiting.
Donxavier:

Congrats
She neva collect nah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

It is NOT advisable. They will seize the excess money. So unless you have plenty money to dash immigration, you can go with more than €10000. That's what happened to a cousin of mine.
Was this cousin of yours a student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
kunlewoye:
Was this cousin of yours a student?

Yes. It happened at schipol. He was enroute to London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
@Roke congrats oh...pls where did u apply?? I applied on d 31st of July @ Ikeja VFS buh haven't been notified yet..still waiting positively
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

Yes. It happened at schipol. He was enroute to London.

Bt what if you have it in your luggage? Do they scan one's luggage for cash? Or it's only the one on you they're concerned about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
kunlewoye:

Bt what if you have it in your luggage? Do they scan one's luggage for cash? Or it's only the one on you they're concerned about?

Guy, why you wan take risk now. You never hear say dem dey steal things inside luggage.. Anyway, I don't know about putting it in your luggage. But if it's in your hand luggage and they catch you with excess, you are on your own.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
I applied @ abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hello everyone, i need an advice from here please, a friend of mine used his notification of ND result, with WAEC Certificate to obtain his CAS letter. these same document were noted in the CAS letter as Evidence used to obtain offer. And he has submitted his application to VFS already, is anything wrong with it? since all the documents are ORIGINALS? please kindly advice...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
Charlesbro: Hello everyone, i need an advice from here please, a friend of mine used his notification of ND result, with WAEC Certificate to obtain his CAS letter. these same document were noted in the CAS letter as Evidence used to obtain offer. And he has submitted his application to VFS already, is anything wrong with it? since all the documents are ORIGINALS? please kindly advice...

What about his certificate? Anyway, since he's already submitted the only thing that can be done is to pray for favour and hope for the best result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
I said its late because since he didn't transfer the cash to his personal acct then doing so nw would mean waiting 28days then applying.
That's looking at applying mid or end of sept. His school would have resumed by then so why bother.
It maybe hard to swallow but being
Patient would have saved him this hassle.

Unless his school has Jan admission which still falls in line with my advice. No - try again next year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

Guy, why you wan take risk now. You never hear say dem dey steal things inside luggage.. Anyway, I don't know about putting it in your luggage. But if it's in your hand luggage and they catch you with excess, you are on your own.
No P bro... grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
kunlewoye:

Please don't, you will be asked to pay tax on it. Just do bank transfer when you get to the UK, or take about £4000 in cash (20 or 50 pound note) then transfer the rest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good news for the house, for all those who applied on the 1st of August, 2012. My friend who applied on the 1st of August, 2012, just called few hours ago to say that he was given his Visa today. Wish ya'll same who applied on the 1st of August. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
@charles congrats 2 ur friend, pls where did he submit his application? Abj or ikeja/lekki cos my friends and I submitted on d 31st in ikeja and are yet 2 pick up or even get any notification..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chukyrooy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
I submitted my application on the 30th of July, just picked it up today. I want to say a big thank you to everybody and wish others Goodluck. *dancing etighi on the road
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chukyrooy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Please I just got home only to find out that my birth certificate is missing from my returned Docs, pls wat do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
chukyrooy: I submitted my application on the 30th of July, just picked it up today. I want to say a big thank you to everybody and wish others Goodluck. *dancing etighi on the road

Less than 8 hr's and so much good news happening already. Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Worriedstudent: 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sorry to reply but that's the only way I. could post my question. I applied for my tier4 today and did my assessment in a rush so I am worried about one section, in the maintenace I wrote £0 and in tuition fees I wrote £8450 which is the remaining fees I have to pay, but I have attached an original bank statement including more than £9500 available for over 28 days I am very worried that they will reject it based on what I write not the statement, please advise. my university is in outer London and for 9 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Worried student: Sorry to reply but that's the only way I. could post my question. I applied for my tier4 today and did my assessment in a rush so I am worried about one section, in the maintenace I wrote £0 and in tuition fees I wrote £8450 which is the remaining fees I have to pay, but I have attached an original bank statement including more than £9500 available for over 28 days I am very worried that they will reject it based on what I write not the statement, please advise. my university is in outer London and for 9 months.

Just pray for favor. There's no point in ruminating over it. You ve already submitted.

If I understand you clearly, you should have written £7200 in the maintenance section, and then £1250 in the remaining tuition fees. If I'm correct, your CAS should already reflect the amount you have paid.

It's all good. Worry won't don't anything except to make you look older than you already are. It will work out fine.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ikcbn... Call Tomi Lasebikan, our go visit her in her office if you were in lag. She would be able to give answers to your questions.

U can also send her a mail, but I think with a call you can express yourself better and ask questions where not clear.

All the best bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

Just pray for favor. There's no point in ruminating over it. You ve already submitted.

If I understand you clearly, you should have written £7200 in the maintenance section, and then £1250 in the remaining tuition fees. If I'm correct, your CAS should already reflect the amount you have paid.

It's all good. Worry won't don't anything except to make you look older than you already are. It will work out fine.

Yeah, don is right... Just hope for the best. I PERSONALLY believe, you would still be granted. Be cheerful

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Worriedstudent: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Thank you guys grin I needed to hear that will keep u posted " when" I get my visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kudos to you all, Justwise, Dharkchild and Donxavier. You are all doing a great job on this thread. 15 working days is like forever.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
FutureDon: Kudos to you all, Justwise, Dharkchild and Donxavier. You are all doing a great job on this thread. 15 working days is like forever.

Loll, ok the 15th day, forever is like an understatement, but one thing us certain as long as you have kept to the rules, you would be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hi guyz, d̶̲̥̅̊ following email was btwn d̶̲̥̅̊ fco and myself afta i applied 4 an ATAS Clearance on d̶̲̥̅̊ 03/08/2012. d̶̲̥̅̊ first email came a week leta being 10/08/2012.

Plz read frm below, i.e upwards

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

Your application has been amended. Please allow up to 20 working days to receive the outcome of your application. Unfortunately, we cannot specify an expected date for the outcome of your application.

Regards

The ATAS Unit
Foreign & Commonwealth Office

atas@fco.gov.uk 
Working with our partners to counter the threat of WMD proliferation to preserve the security of the UK.
========================================================================================================================
If you have submitted an ATAS application it is important that you quote your ATAS applicant ID in all correspondence with us. Please go to www.fco.gov.uk/atas for more information on ATAS including Frequently Asked Questions.
WE ADVISE YOU NOT TO MAKE TRAVEL PLANS BEFORE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ATAS CERTIFICATE.
========================================================================================================================

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10 August 2012 18:21
To: ATAS (Restricted)
Subject: Re: ATAS ID: 85865 Additional Information Required: Taught Modules

Thanks for informing me about the additional information required, on and attached with this email is a list of the information required.

1. Course Title: Environmental and Energy Engineering
Qualification on exist: MSC(ENG), Master of Science in Engineering 2. Course Length: 12 months(1 year)

3. Full list of my modules
CORE MODULES
(a) CPE6003 F7 Research Methods in Environmental and Energy Engineering 15 CPE6030 F7 Environment: Gaseous Emissions 15 CPE6070 F7 Environment: Particulate Emissions 15 CPE6080 F7 Environment: Liquid Effluents 15 CPE6300 F7 Introduction to Fuels and Energy 15 CPE6310 F7 Laboratory Practicals 15

ELECTIVE MODULES
(b) units to the value of thirty credits from the following CPE6000 F7 Low Carbon Energy Science and Technology 15 CPE6020 F7 Computational Fluid Dynamics 15 CPE6050 F7 Fires and Explosions 15 CPE6060 F7 Energy from Biomass and Waste 15 CPE6140 F7 Environmental Protection 15 CPE6290 F7 Nuclear Reactor Engineering Studies 15 CPE6450 F7 Oil and Gas Utilisation 15

(c) CPE6010 F7 Research Project 60

NB: With respect to my elective modules, i have chosen CPE6060 F7 Energy from Biomass and Waste 15 CPE6140 F7 Environmental Protection 15

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Kind Regards,
Ezenwanne Ikechukwu John
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Academic Technology Approval Scheme" <atas@fco.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:30:21
To: <IKCBN@YAHOO.COM>
Subject: ATAS ID: 85865 Additional Information Required: Taught Modules

Dear Mr Ikechukwu John Ezenwanne,

Thank you for your application. Before we process this please provide:

1. The FULL title of your chosen course and the exit qualification.

2. The length of your chosen course.

3 A list of ALL the modules you intend to take as part of your course (Core & Elective). If you have not yet decided on the elective modules you will be studying, please provide us with the full list of modules that are available for you to choose from. If you are doing a Masters by research you should provide a summary of your intended area of research.

If you are not aware of the modules for your course, please contact your UK university. If you would like to email us a copy of your offer letter (if you have been issued one) then we will tell you whether you can use it to support your ATAS application.

Please note that we cannot process this information if you send it as a PDF or scanned copy, Please send this in a Word document or type it into your email.

Your application will be placed on hold until we receive this information.

Regards,

The ATAS Team.
www.fco.gov.uk/atas

Contact us: atas@fco.gov.uk

So wen do i start my counting 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ 20 working days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
That very first email came in 2day( d̶̲̥̅̊ one stating ϑaτ̅ my application has bin amended)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
THIS COURIER NA ONE CHANCE. MY VFS STATUS APPLICATION SAYS 'PROCESSED APPLICATION IN TRANSIT' THIS CHANGED LAST NIGHT AROUND 7/8PM. HOWEVER THE TRACKING NUMBERS I HAVE FOR THE COURIER STILL CONTAINS NO DETAILS. PLS IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS SOMEWHAT EXPERIENCED OR CAN EXPLAINING WHATS GOING ON??

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.