Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864221 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rosyluv2k3: 2:53am On Sep 01, 2012
Hi All,

Kudos to all for a good job right here. I've been observing this forum just after my visa application submission.

I applied on 9th August at Ikeja and i got text and email today 31st August about 8pm for pick.

Good news to follow.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 01, 2012
rosyluv2k3: Hi All,

Kudos to all for a good job right here. I've been observing this forum just after my visa application submission.

I applied on 9th August at Ikeja and i got text and email today 31st August about 8pm for pick.

Good news to follow.

Cheers

Good news
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 01, 2012
@GentleOyink,

Have you received them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 7:39am On Sep 01, 2012
Good day house,must the sponsorship letter from ur sponsor be typed with a letter headed sheet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2012
holloziggi: Good day house,must the sponsorship letter from ur sponsor be typed with a letter headed sheet?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2012
@atlanta

Its the SAME form, whether you fill online or fill hardcopy. You will still print and submit either one physically with your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2012
I submitted my application on the 9th of August @ Abuja, and up to dis moment I av nt received any sms. When I tracked my applicatn dis morning what I saw written there is that my application has been forwarded to British embassy. From the time I started trackin my application dts has bn d comment. Pls mates, is there anyone who submited on ds date or can I go there on Monday to check?. Am really countin on ur comments. Cos time is nt on my side anymore. God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2012
holloziggi: Good day house,must the sponsorship letter from ur sponsor be typed with a letter headed sheet?

Yes except your sponsor is your parent, then theycan do a formal letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2012
salsera: @atlanta

Its the SAME form, whether you fill online or fill hardcopy. You will still print and submit either one physically with your application.

Lol! Atlantis, you mean? wink. Thank you. I'd just fill the hardcopy then. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
Not sure what to tick here (6.17).I ticked 'Yes' as shown in the uel interactive form but still not sure. I have paid my fees in full and have no outstanding payments. Any help please?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85: Not sure what to tick here (6.17).I ticked 'Yes' as shown in the uel interactive form but still not sure. I have paid my fees in full and have no outstanding payments. Any help please?

Since you have paid your fees then tick [b]N[/b]o and move to other question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2012
@atlantis
Note you still have to put in an amount for your maintenance funds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
salsera: @atlantis
Note you still have to put in an amount for your maintenance funds

Yes that's what uel form stated. I just wasn't sure I got that right. So its the Yes box that's to be ticked then?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85:

Yes that's what uel form stated. I just wasn't sure I got that right. So its the Yes box that's to be ticked then?

6.17 says: Do you have any remaining fees and maintenance still due for payment? The answer is NO, if you have paid all your fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:

6.17 says: Do you have any remaining fees and maintenance still due for payment? The answer is NO, if you have paid all your fees.

@Justwise @Atlantis, I believe the answer is "Yes" then you fill in:
Course fees: £ 0.00
Maintenance: £ 7,200.00 (depending on if your uni is within or outside London boroughs of course)
Total: £ 7,200.00
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
eezeebone:

Maintenance: £ 7,200.00 (depending on if your uni is within or outside London boroughs of course)

She does not need to pay that money to anyone, that is her maintenance money, the question is: Does she have any remaining fee to pay? If she has paid all the fees then the answer is NO.

The CAS will also state that she has no money left to pay.

The bank statement will show that she has her maintenance money, so she does not own the school any school fees or accommodation money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
@Justwise, it kinda says "Do you have any fees [b]and [/b]maintenance?" Not fees (alone)? or Fees or maintenance? Just saying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise: [/b]

She does not need to pay that money to anyone, that is her maintenance money, the question is: Does she have any remaining fee to pay? If she has paid all the fees then the answer is NO.

The CAS will also state that she has no money left to pay.

The bank statement will show that she has her maintenance money, so she does not own the school any school fees or accommodation money.

Justwise is right. The English is very simple there and its an easy YES or NO. And if you have paid your tuition in full, the answer is NO. Nonetheless, that part of the form is very trickish. Id say Government sponsored students who have no pending fees are the once who are totally safe by clicking NO in that section.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
eezeebone:

@justwise, I think @eezeebone is right. And I think that's what @salsera too was tryna say. Thanks y'all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
Charles. E:

Justwise is right. The English is very simple there and its an easy YES or NO. And if you have paid your tuition in full, the answer is NO

Many people have made mistakes there and still got their visas. But why do the wrong thing and give the ECO double work.

Yes that is because the CAS is there to save that person, the ECO may see it as a genuine mistake, if not then its contradicting because the CAS shows that you own nothing while the form shows that you own some money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85:

@justwise, I think @eezeebone is right. And I think that's what @salsera too was tryna say. Thanks y'all

Ok, how much do you own the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
@Justwise, lets just look at it from another angle. Ignore the fees... and look at the instructions:

Box 1: Yes - Complete the boxes below
Box 2: No - No money due, no evidence needed

From what I said, if she ticks Yes, she'll complete the boxes as directed.
If she ticks No, then what,.... she provides No evidence and leaves the boxes blank?

I don't think you'd expect her to tick No, then go ahead and complete the boxes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2012
eezeebone: @Justwise, lets just look at it from another angle. Ignore the fees... and look at the instructions:

Box 1: Yes - Complete the boxes below
Box 2: No - No money due, no evidence needed

From what I said, if she ticks Yes, she'll complete the boxes as directed.
If she ticks No, then what,.... she provides [b]No evidence and leaves the boxes blank?[/b]

If she says No she has evidence..the CAS and her bank statement. The CAS shows that she owns nothing while the bank statement shows that she has her maintenance money.

Now..if she says YES, the question is... how much do she own the school?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:

If she says No she has evidence..the CAS and her bank statement. The CAS shows that she owns nothing while the bank statement shows that she has her maintenance money.

Now..if she says YES, the question is... how much do she own the school?

I guess she knows what to do wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
eezeebone:

I guess she knows what to do wink

Yes but if she ticks yes, how do you expect her to write down as the amount she owns the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
I just clocked something on my CAS. Actual school fees is 12650 with a 2% discount if full fees are paid before resumption. I paid (full discounted) fees of 12397 but here's what's written on my CAS regarding fees:
"5.Course title: MSc International Business
6.Course start date: 24/Sep/2012
7.Course end date: 27/Sep/2013
8.Tuition Fees (academic year 2012/3): £12397
9.Details of any financial sponsorship or tuition / accommodation deposits taken
10.Passport number: Axxxxx

Tuition fee Deposit paid: 12397
Accommodation Deposit paid: 0 "

Shouldn't the school have stated its the actual full fees and not deposit? Or it doesn't matter?

P.s: I've got my gbp7200 ₦ equivalent in my acct with a coupla nairas extra but not enuff to make up the sch fees diff shd I have to do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85: I just clocked something on my CAS. Actual school fees is 12650 with a 2% discount if full fees are paid before resumption. I paid (full discounted) fees of 12397 but here's what's written on my CAS regarding fees:
9.Details of any financial sponsorship or tuition / accommodation deposits taken

Shouldn't the school have stated its the actual full fees and not deposit? Or it doesn't matter?

P.s: I've got my gbp7200 ₦ equivalent in my acct with a coupla nairas extra but not enuff to make up the sch fees diff shd I have to do that.

Check the parts I have bolded above. They tally so you have no issues. Just state same in your form when you are asked your tuition fees just as seen in your CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:

Ok, how much do you own the school?

I've paid my full school fees. I dont owe the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85: I just clocked something on my CAS. Actual school fees is 12650 with a 2% discount if full fees are paid before resumption. I paid (full discounted) fees of 12397 but here's what's written on my CAS regarding fees:

@Atlantis I'd say print out the relevant part of the University document/website/whatever that says they will give you a 2% discount and explain this in the "notes" section.

@Justwise, if nothing else, @Atlantis owes the University accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2012

Those two lines explains it all, they stated how much the fees is and how much you paid, that shows that you own nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
eezeebone:

@Atlantis I'd say print out the relevant part of the University document/website/whatever that says they will give you a 2% discount and explain this in the "notes" section.

@Justwise, if nothing else, @Atlantis owes the University accommodation.

She doesn't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
and yeah, Justwise is right on this one... it shows you owe nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.