Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864230 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
Charles. E:

[url]
http://www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/applications-outside-uk.htm[/url]

Not this one, someone posted one with diagram here last month or so.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
ikcbn:

So y i§ there a space below the question where you would have 2 enter your maintenance fee b4 totaling d̶̲̥̅̊ entire money?

The issue of maintenance fees has been dealt with in 6.8 where it says.......

Y[b]ou must have £800 per month to cover maintenance in
the UK (up to a maximum of 9 months).
See the Tier 4 Policy Guidance for a full explanation of maintenance
charges. Calculate the amount you will require and enter this in the
space provided. [/b]

then there is box where you have to write the £7200
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85: .

Oh I'd appreciate that. Thanks!
Yes is the correct option, ticking no would mean that you have financial sponsorship that covers your maintenance and tuition.
The picture is refusing to upload. I will advice tht you follow the guidance uel interactive form.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
.....and in 6.2 you are asked: Have any of your course fees been paid? if you tick yes then you go to Go to Question 6.3 where you have to write down the amount you paid

...then 6.3 you tick a box beside...Shown in the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:

The issue of maintenance fees has been dealt with in 6.8 where it says.......

Y[b]ou must have £800 per month to cover maintenance in
the UK (up to a maximum of 9 months).
See the Tier 4 Policy Guidance for a full explanation of maintenance
charges. Calculate the amount you will require and enter this in the
space provided. [/b]

then there is box where you have to write the £7200
If she ticks "no" in section 6.17,She will have to jump to part 7 and will not be able to fill 6.18, 6.19 and 6.20
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
honey86:
If she ticks "no" in section 6.17,She will have to jump to part 7 and will not be able to fill 6.18, 6.19 and 6.20

You don't fill every section of the form, that is why you are given choices, yes or no, you tick the one that directly applied to your situation.

If she is owning the school some remaining fees then yes she will tick Yes and complete the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
This is from the uel form

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
honey86: This is from the uel form

This is the part i was just going to quote. i think this just about settles it.

"Put a cross here if you do not have any course fees or maintenance outstanding because your official financial sponsor has agreed to pay all your fees and all your living costs and move to part 7.

If you do not have an official financial sponsor, or if your official financial sponsor has not agreed to pay for your full course fees and living costs - do not put a cross here - instead put a cross in the YES box."

1. I do have maintenance fee 'outstanding'... ( can we all agree our understanding of the term outstanding and ukba's definition are different)
2. I do not have an official financial sponsor hence whatever our understanding or disagreement with the terms stated here, this paragraph firmly settles it; ticking Yes is correct.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to painstakingly go over this with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85:

This is the part i was just going to quote. i think this just about settles it.

"Put a cross here if you do not have any course fees or maintenance outstanding because your official financial sponsor has agreed to pay all your fees and all your living costs and move to part 7.

If you do not have an official financial sponsor, or if your official financial sponsor has not agreed to pay for your full course fees and living costs - do not put a cross here - instead put a cross in the YES box."

1. I do have maintenance fee 'outstanding'... ( can we all agree our understanding of the term outstanding and ukba's definition are different)
2. I do not have an official financial sponsor hence whatever our understanding or disagreement with the terms stated here, this paragraph firmly settles it; ticking Yes is correct.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to painstakingly go over this with me.

Whatelse are we all here for if not 2 help one another.
**Cheers**
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:

Not this one, someone posted one with diagram here last month or so.

Thanks anyway.

That's the correct link. If you open and scroll down, you would see the interactive forms for VA9 and VA9App8. I downloaded same from there weeks ago.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hey house ,on the visa form when dey asked when do u wish to travel,can I put 2days to my resumption date??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
holloziggi: Hey house ,on the visa form when dey asked when do u wish to travel,can I put 2days to my resumption date??

Perfectly. Two days to resumption is even totally appropriate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hi everyone,

i've got about 300 pounds with me. can i just take 290 to pay for the visa fee or it has to be in naira?

Also i've seen people saying they paid 78k, is that right? if ukba page states 286 pounds, how does that translate to 78k? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85: Hi everyone,

i've got about 300 pounds with me. can i just take 290 to pay for the visa fee or it has to be in naira?

Also i've seen people saying they paid 78k, is that right? if ukba page states 286 pounds, how does that translate to 78k? undecided

Good question. The extra is synonymous with Naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2012

My dear @ d̶̲̥̅̊ VFS center, d̶̲̥̅̊ exchange rate i§ £1 = N270. Thats Naija 4 you oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
ikcbn:

My dear @ the VFS center, the exchange rate i§ £1 = N270. Thats Naija 4 you oooo

omg! that's a blatant rip-off! How come no one has ever said anything about this? why do we keep quiet in the face of such unfairness?? Max, 265 would have even been better. In the uk sef, this kinda shit won't fly but our very own people would let it slide. smh.

How about i take 286 'gan gan' and see what they have to say about that, eh?... oh, wait, i don't have time for such rough play embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Atlantis85:

omg! that's a blatant rip-off! How come no one has ever said anything about this? why do we keep quiet in the face of such unfairness?? Max, 265 would have even been better. In the uk sef, this kinda shit won't fly but our very own people would let it slide. smh.

How about i take 286 'gan gan' and see what they have to say about that, eh?... oh, wait, i don't have time for such rough play embarassed

Well don't really knw abt ϑaτ̅ since d̶̲̥̅̊ payment i§ made wit Sterling bank rite inside d̶̲̥̅̊ center and like U̶̲̥̅̊ knw, Naira i§ wat we use here in Naija so i don't really knw if d̶̲̥̅̊ pounds would b accept unless U̶̲̥̅̊ filled out d̶̲̥̅̊ Vaf9 form online and den pay Your app fee online too.
Thats d̶̲̥̅̊ much i knw though, mayb sm1 here could throw more light on dat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 02, 2012

You are not yet readygringringrin
The day you get ready, you will pay. It's the consular rate of exchange nothing can be done about it. As to whether its a rip off, that's a topic for another day.
Visa is 78,030. You will also pay 400 for sms and 500 for VFS charges, that's like 79k. That's the amount it will cost you. Just take 79k there and then take your passport there before you enter, that's another 1k so 80k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Adiahabasi: 6:45am On Sep 02, 2012
Hi everyone, Is d oanda exchange rate print out a neccesity?I heard about it for d first time on this thread.what's d rationelle behind it since d BHC website already fixed d conversion rate at 270.So I'm of d opinion that one should just hv enough in d acct based on dis conversion rate,or what do u guys think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2012
Adiahabasi: Hi everyone, Is d oanda exchange rate print out a neccesity?I heard about it for d first time on this thread.what's d rationelle behind it since d BHC website already fixed d conversion rate at 270.So I'm of d opinion that one should just hv enough in d acct based on dis conversion rate,or what do u guys think?
Hey! Don't mix it up!!!
In the UKBA guideline,its stated that the conversion rate would be based on the oanda rate on the day of submission,that is for the money in your account for maintenance!!
The 270NGN rate is for Visa fees,this is fixed at a flat rate cuz it'll be confusing to have d fee constantly changing due to currency flunctuations,that rate will take care of any flunctuation (although they are still thieves sha!!).
You cannot pay for the visa fees in a foreign currency (in GBP) sterling bank will not accept it from you,unless u've paid online in which case the day's rate would ave been used for you.
Like justwise stated earlier,u will not be penalized if u didnt add d Oanda printout,its simply a guide.
In any case,its always better to ave a little excess in your account to cater for flunctuations,so if u use 270NGN to calculate ur maintenance requirements,you are safer,but its not compulsory.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2012
Adiahabasi: Hi everyone, Is d oanda exchange rate print out a neccesity?I heard about it for d first time [/b]on this thread.what's d rationelle behind it since d BHC website already fixed d conversion rate at 270.[b]So I'm of d opinion that one should just hv enough in d acct based on dis conversion rate,or what do u guys think?

This is from UKBA.............158. If a Tier 4 (General) student is using overseas currency, we will expect him/her to show
(write on their application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official
exchange rate on the OANDA website, which can be found at www.oanda.com/convert/classic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:09am On Sep 02, 2012
holloziggi: Hey house ,on the visa form when dey asked when do u wish to travel,can I put 2days to my resumption date??

Traveling a week before your start date seem more appropriate if its your first time in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2012
\hi everyone,i got an offer from university of Sheffield to do my masters programme.Course date starts on 24th sep 2012.My queries are
1.i got an educational loan of 18 lakh inr = 21000pound (course fee is 14450pound) and also i have 6lakh inr = 7000pound (living cost 7200pound) in my account for 28 days.Do these financial support is enough for student visa?

2.Presently i'm still working(i have planned to resign after visa approval).my question is will uk consulate ask for my resignation letter of my current employment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2012
sasundar: \hi everyone,i got an offer from university of Sheffield to do my masters programme.Course date starts on 24th sep 2012.My queries are
1.i got an educational loan of 18 lakh inr = 21000pound (course fee is 14450pound) and also i have 6lakh inr = 7000pound (living cost 7200pound) in my account for 28 days.Do these financial support is enough for student visa?

2.Presently i'm still working(i have planned to resign after visa approval).my question is will uk consulate ask for my resignation letter of my current employment?

Please don't resign your job, take a study leave, though the UK embassy will not ask for your resignation letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2012
justwise: [/b]sir, wat about funding is it enough??

Please don't resign your job, take a study leave, though the UK embassy will not ask for your resignation letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2012
[quote author=sasundar][/quote]

All you need is your school fees then the £7200 maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2012
justwise: [/b]Sir,what should i say if they ask for,coz presently i'm working in HCC Ltd in Nuclear power project-India,i joined as graduate trainee after a year i got promoted to sr.eng.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
[quote author=sasundar][/quote]

If they asked you about what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2012
justwise: "have you not still resigned from the organisation?"

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sasundar: 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
justwise: What if they ask that "why you still not resigned or applied for any study leave?",Presently i'm still working(i have planned to resign/apply for study leave after visa approval)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
@sasundar

Its not the business of the embassy whether you resign your job or not, that is between you and your employer.

You need to disuse your intention with your employer on time so as to leave in peace and return to your job after your course in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
What is the maximum physical cash to travel with? Also, what is the best way to open an account in UK or have enough money in your local bank and gp with the ATM card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.