Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865989 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
shemy: What is the maximum physical cash to travel with? Also, what is the best way to open an account in UK or have enough money in your local bank and gp with the ATM card?

You can carry as much as £10,000 into the UK, put it in your hand luggage with bank statement. Never give a penny to those thieves at the Nigerian airport, you maybe asked at the point of entry to the UK, just declare it and you will be allowed to go.

Change it to £20 or £50 pounds note to reduce the size.

After your registration your school will give you a letter to open bank account, some schools invite banks to the school during the orientation so that students can open bank account easily.

Using your bank card from Nigeria to withdraw money in the UK is expensive because you be charged each time you withdraw money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
shemy: What is the maximum physical cash to travel with? Also, what is the best way to open an account in UK or have enough money in your local bank and gp with the ATM card?

There is no limit to what you can travel with as long as its in your debit card. And as for opening account in the UK, if you travel-in during your school's orientation week, you'd be properly guided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2012
Eyin Oluwa Logo ooo
I applied on 7th of August. I got the sms that my application was ready on 29th, collected it on 31st of august.
shalom
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2012
Olupraise: Eyin Oluwa Logo ooo
I applied on 7th of August. I got the sms that my application was ready on 29th, collected it on 31st of august.
shalom

Congrats .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kolabyk(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2012
Donxavier:

Congrats .
Congrats bro, did u apply in lag or abj?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kolabyk(m): 7:41am On Sep 03, 2012
shalom
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2012
Morning everyone,
I thought i read somewhere on this forum working hours has been reduced to 10hours during term time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2012
Atlantis85: Morning everyone,
I thought i read somewhere on this forum working hours has been reduced to 10hours during term time?
That depends on the duration of your course, the level of the course and the type of accreditation your Institution has with the UKBA..(justwise confirm(?)
Also, if you read the earlier part of this thread you'll get the answer to that...or just read the Tier 4 Policy Guidance!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by John8000: 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
I heard every applicant who got an sms or email on friday or saturday,31st and 1st, confirming them to pick up their passport were held up @ ikeja vfs office. The population queue for collection is choking.. Confirmed source has it that BCH requested the whole package to be sent back to Abuja. So if you one of those who got an sms or last friday or saturday, pls check with VFS for further information.. No one knows the main reason for the call back but according to a VFS staff, he claimed it was a technical fault.. Pls if you have more info about dis.. Pls share. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
John8000: I heard every applicant who got an sms or email on friday or saturday,31st and 1st, confirming them to pick up their passport were held up @ ikeja vfs office. The population queue for collection is choking.. Confirmed source has it that BCH requested the whole package to be sent back to Abuja. So if you one of those who got an sms or last friday or saturday, pls check with VFS for further information.. No one knows the main reason for the call back but according to a VFS staff, he claimed it was a technical fault.. Pls if you have more info about dis.. Pls share. Thanks

Yes its true...but HALLELUYAH God has wiped my tears away,I'm crying tears of Joy because I got my VISA today! God came down and used Justwise,dharkchild,donxavier and ALL other nairalanders who have contributed immensely,Oh my God will bless you all INJ!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
kdavis:

Yes its true...but HALLELUYAH God has wiped my tears away,I'm crying tears of Joy because I got my VISA today! God came down and used Justwise,dharkchild,donxavier and ALL other nairalanders who have contributed immensely,Oh my God will bless you all INJ!!!

Congratulations, wishing you the very best in your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kolabyk:

Lagos.
heading to Portsmouth by God's grace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
Am grateful to God Almighty for makin it possible for me to testify on Nairaland. I finally got my Visa today. I submited 9th August in Abj. Thks to the originator of naira Seun 4 givin us a platform whr our drms can come thru, big thanks to Justwise for alwz takin d pain to giv answers to any question, I can nt also forget Darkchild, Kunlewoye, in fact d list is end less. Thanks to all the contributors. God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
jantil: Am grateful to God Almighty for makin it possible for me to testify on Nairaland. I finally got my Visa today. I submited 9th August in Abj. Thks to the originator of naira Seun 4 givin us a platform whr our drms can come thru, big thanks to Justwise for alwz takin d pain to giv answers to any question, I can nt also forget Darkchild, Kunlewoye, in fact d list is end less. Thanks to all the contributors. God bless.

Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
jantil: Am grateful to God Almighty for makin it possible for me to testify on Nairaland. I finally got my Visa today. I submited 9th August in Abj. Thks to the originator of naira Seun 4 givin us a platform whr our drms can come thru, big thanks to Justwise for alwz takin d pain to giv answers to any question, I can nt also forget Darkchild, Kunlewoye, in fact d list is end less. Thanks to all the contributors. God bless.

Congratulations, really nice to read all these good news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
Am headin to Greenwich to study MA international business, anyone in d house headin my way n also doin d same prog. if thr is can we arrange accommodatn together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
Donxavier: Yes Finallygringringringringringrin, I have my entrance clearance. Am so grateful to God Almighty.
Very many thanks to Justwise, he allowed me freedom on this threadcheesy and then Special mention to ell77. The part 1 of this thread was it for me. It just motivated me to go get the Tier 4 pdfs and read them and that was it. I can now take a well deserved break from this threadgrin. Special hailing to all the Tier4 crew herecheesy, Dharkchild, Salsera, Richeyy, Adebee,Cavenchy, Kolawoye,dolz,Penfold, and all dilligents followers and readers of this thread. I love you all and God bless us all.

@Dharkchild,
We definitely will be in contact via email and I know we can probably work out time to see. I'd be shuttling Aberdeen, London so let's see how it goes.
@salsera
U still havnt given me any email addy lol na so e hard to get your contactgringringrin we shall not be burned IJN. Na pepper soup we go use wash am make I buy drinks for the boyscheesy. Seriosly, send me the addy now so you can give me more tips

Much love from me to all and I wish everyone success in their endeavours.

congrats..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
shalom

finally, congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
How's everyone doing on here, i knw i've been off a while but settling in isn't quite easy, well thanks to God i'm almost set for studies here in the uk. @Justwise I think your nairaland name should be Just-Great. S/O to all who've recently got their visas and all my other folks helping out with advice.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hello. Please a friend seeks a sample of consent letter to show that his dad is financing his living cost. Please does anyone have a sample that he or she used and worked? If yes so I can drop his email here for it to be forwarded.

Also, what does one do with Section 6.4 of the Self Assesment form, for those who have already paid their course fees in full.

Prompt answers would be highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Charles. E:
Hello. Please a friend seeks a sample of consent letter to show that his dad is financing his living cost. Please does anyone have a sample that he or she used and worked? If yes so I can drop his email here for it to be forwarded.

Also, what does one do with Section 6.4 of the Self Assesment form, for those who have already paid their course fees in full.

Prompt answers would be highly appreciated.

There isn't a particular format, His dad should know what to write, just address the letter to The British High Commission stating the acknowledgement of His Decision to finance his son's living cost and any fees left to be paid. The son on his own part should also include the birth certificate showing the relationship between him and his father with the bank statement and oanda conversion rates.
*Its always better for parents to pay the equivalent funds for living costs(or slightly higher due to flunctuating exchange rates) into the students account especially if the student in question is an adult, as this strengthens the application.

for section 6.4; Tick (X) the box.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
kdavis:

Congrats, Happy for you, all the best. Go and cry no more...loll
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2012

Congratulations. All the best in the next phase. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Cavenchy:

There isn't a particular format, His dad should know what to write, just address the letter to The British High Commission stating the acknowledgement of His Decision to finance his son's living cost and any fees left to be paid. The son on his own part should also include the birth certificate showing the relationship between him and his father with the bank statement and oanda conversion rates.
*Its always better for parents to pay the equivalent funds for living costs(or slightly higher due to flunctuating exchange rates) into the students account especially if the student in question is an adult, as this strengthens the application.

for section 6.4; Tick (X) the box.

Thanks Cavenchy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by oprah007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hi Friends, My name is Felix and I need your Advice
I am about to apply to study a 52weeks(One Year) General English Language Course at London Meridian College which is an Highly Trusted Sponsor on the UKBA Register. The tuition fee is £1600 and I will be staying with an Uncle who resides in London.
Will i be granted a student Visa under Tier4?
What is the percentage of a successful application?
What are the documents i will submit with my application?
Is the course am applying for good enough for the application to be approved?
Am i missing anything?
Please I need a detailed advise as this is my first time applying. Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
oprah007: Hi Friends, My name is Felix and I need your Advice
I am about to apply to study a 52weeks(One Year) General English Language Course at London Meridian College which is an Highly Trusted Sponsor on the UKBA Register. The tuition fee is £1600 and I will be staying with an Uncle who resides in London.
Will i be granted a student Visa under Tier4?
What is the percentage of a successful application?
What are the documents i will submit with my application?
Is the course am applying for good enough for the application to be approved?
Am i missing anything?
Please I need a detailed advise as this is my first time applying. Thank you very much.

These are rookie questionsgrin.
Dude, Read the FaQ on page 1 and then the blog. Most of your questions have been answered. Don't be lazy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
Charles. E:

Thanks Cavenchy.

No qualms mate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
We are @ d 70th page already, gradually this forum is nearing close...anyhw sha na d peak period be dis. Its also a thing of joy 2 say that dis isnt approaching close jes like dat bt with PLENTY testimonies.BIGUPS 2 EVERYONE both the active members and the ghost members...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:39am On Sep 04, 2012
Congrats! You did your part too, obviously.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:46am On Sep 04, 2012
Cavenchy: How's everyone doing on here, i knw i've been off a while but settling in isn't quite easy, well thanks to God i'm almost set for studies here in the uk. @Justwise I think your nairaland name should be Just-Great. S/O to all who've recently got their visas and all my other folks helping out with advice.
I was wondering where you disappeared to o. We'll be with you this weekend by God's grace. On a side note, should one get a jacket from here or wait till one gets there. I don't want to get off the plane and freeze o.... grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 2:43am On Sep 04, 2012
kunlewoye:
I was wondering where you disappeared to o. We'll be with you this weekend by God's grace. On a side note, should one get a jacket from here or wait till one gets there. I don't want to get off the plane and freeze o.... grin

There'r loads of jackets in clothing shops here...but u might wanna wear one for the cold though..I remember seeing someone shivering on the plane even with the blanket she was given..Summer is gradually fading and it's getting proper cold these days...so do the maths.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 4:23am On Sep 04, 2012
Dear friends,

Is it possible to send another document after submitting my application. As some of you know, the bank statement I have submitted is not of the exact format, but I should get an original one in few days. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.