Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865949 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 12:05am On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

You are not yet readygringringrin
The day you get ready, you will pay. It's the consular rate of exchange nothing can be done about it. As to whether its a rip off, that's a topic for another day.
Visa is 78,030. You will also pay 400 for sms and 500 for VFS charges, that's like 79k. That's the amount it will cost you. Just take 79k there and then take your passport there before you enter, that's another 1k so 80k.

Lol. Applied yesterday at Lekki, got a text at night saying my application had been sent for processing. Now, i wait...

By the way, congrats on your visa. Wishing you a great year ahead wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2012
Dear friends from Nigeria,
I have got my visa today. Sure there shouldn't be a comparison in processing times away from Nigeria. Different countries have different processing times. Applied on 27th August,issued on 3rd September, collected on 5th september. I can't believe getting it just after 5 working days. Guys I love you all. cheesy Thanks to donxiaver, dharkchild and all of your. When worries are being shared , what wins is the human existence.

Just one question left.. In the university's before-arrival brochure , it's stated that if I am bringing cash with me, there should be an amount equivalent to 10000 Euros or above upon arrival. Now, it's just a problem. How could there be different UKBA requirements in different contexts. I thought I should be showing only the required amount for the spanned 9 months stay and now I have just realized that it's a must adding extra amount of money..

Is what I understand correct or it's just another terminal of trouble..

Above all , I have got my visa.. It's a victory either way... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 1:11am On Sep 06, 2012
Dharkchild: @Loriante which school u heading to?

I am heading to University of Salford,Greater Manchester.. cheesy

Hope seeing you there friend.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 06, 2012
Loriante: Dear friends from Nigeria,
I have got my visa today. Sure there shouldn't be a comparison in processing times away from Nigeria. Different countries have different processing times. Applied on 27th August,issued on 3rd September, collected on 5th september. I can't believe getting it just after 5 working days. Guys I love you all. cheesy Thanks to donxiaver, dharkchild and all of your. When worries are being shared , what wins is the human existence.

Just one question left.. In the university's before-arrival brochure , it's stated that if I am bringing cash with me, there should be an amount equivalent to 10000 Euros or above upon arrival. Now, it's just a problem. How could there be different UKBA requirements in different contexts. I thought I should be showing only the required amount for the spanned 9 months stay and now I have just realized that it's a must adding extra amount of money..

Above all , I have got my visa.. It's a victory either way... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hey, congrats on the success of your application. You misinterpreted the ukba guidance about how much we can take wit us. You are actually not allowed to take more than €10000 or its equivalent in any other currency. See you in manchester.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 06, 2012

Seegrin I told you, you were going to get itcheesy
Congratulations.

Well, Nigeria is Nigeria and for known reasons ours take 15 working days. Don't want to get into the complexities of that.

It's €10000 or less not More and it's safer that way. When you settle there, they can send money to you by bank transfer.

Enjoy the moment. Will see you in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 06, 2012
Atlantis85:

Lol. Applied yesterday at Lekki, got a text at night saying my application had been sent for processing. Now, i wait...

By the way, congrats on your visa. Wishing you a great year ahead wink

Yep, u wait and it will turn out fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:44am On Sep 06, 2012
shemy: Can a relative collect visa on one's behalf?

Good question. Anyone in the house with an idea?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:47am On Sep 06, 2012
dappy daniel: hello good people, can i roam my ETISALAT line in the uk??

Yes. And to avoid high charges, just use it to receive text messages. Dont pick calls on it except you want to be charged. If its someone you want to talk to, you can always call back with with cheaper options by using your UK line, call card or skype.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:53am On Sep 06, 2012

Really happy for you. Congratulations.

As for the question U asked about cash, honey86 and Don have given you the right answer. So you still very much on track.

Loriante:

I am heading to University of Salford,Greater Manchester.. cheesy

Hope seeing you there friend.

great, lot of Manchester peeps on this forum. 'm going to Sheffield. We just might end up seeing who knows. All the best in your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rosyluv2k3: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2012
sori my people it took this long. I picked up my visa on Tuesday and RGU here I come. Wish all good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 06, 2012
rosyluv2k3: sori my people it took this long. I picked up my visa on Tuesday and RGU here I come. Wish all good luck.

RGU. Let me have your mail addy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2012
rosyluv2k3: sori my people it took this long. I picked up my visa on Tuesday and RGU here I come. Wish all good luck.

Congratulations! I'm RGU too though still waiting for my visa. I'm sure you've met Comrade Donxavier grin. He will be our next Students' Union President grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2012
richeyy:

Congratulations! I'm RGU too though still waiting for my visa. I'm sure you've met Comrade Donxavier grin. He will be our next Students' Union President grin grin

gringringringrin una no serios... till we see for RGU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2012
Pls my pple, at d Point of Entry, what are d likely questions to be xpected, and documents that will be required. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2012
jantil: Pls my pple, at d Point of Entry, what are d likely questions to be xpected, and documents that will be required. Thanks.

CAS statements and documents listed therein.
I think random questions. You I'll be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2012
I presume u are nigerian

CAS
Any other information on length of course and your university

They also want to know where u will be stayg. Just tell them u either have accomodation or u will sort it out when you get to school

They may ask abt finances.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 06, 2012
salsera: I presume u are nigerian

Do they ask Nigerian students different questions from other foreign students?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 9:10am On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Imagine, almost 200k. Return on virgin is cheaper. Why transit in madrid if you can go straight for less? Don't understand why people wanna fly iberia if it's this costly.
My first time of going thru dis process;probably nxt time I would look for a better deal. By d way I neva enter plane before so I get to enter airplane two times grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2012
kdavis:
My first time of going thru dis process;probably nxt time I would look for a better deal. By d way I neva enter plane before so I get to enter airplane two times grin

You know that was my gut feeling. I wanted to say are freaked by going thru 2 planes and 2 countriesgrin but I thought it would sound too harsh so I decided against it.

It's all good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2012
Pls is there any1 who applied on the 14th at ikeja , does any1 know if the courier (ups) works on saturdays or does any 1 have their contact number for PH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2012
Somebody shout halleluyah! I got my visa!!!plenty tanx to evryone here.special appreciation to donxavier and darkchild,d encouragement I got frm u guys kept me going.una get faith pass mine sef.Uni of greenwich here I come grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16: Somebody shout halleluyah! I got my visa!!!plenty tanx to evryone here.special appreciation to donxavier and darkchild,d encouragement I got frm u guys kept me going.una get faith pass mine sef.Uni of greenwich here I come grin

Halleluyah. Knew you were going to get it. You are one hell of a silent observer. Cheerscheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MJAJ: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2012
Hello House! Please I need your kind response to the following:

- Is it possible to withdraw an application for student visa? (13days counting now)

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2012
MJAJ: Hello House! Please I need your kind response to the following:

- Is it possible to withdraw an application for student visa? (13days counting now)

Thanks

Withdraw! Never heard of that. Let Justwise come
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MJAJ: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Withdraw! Never heard of that. Let Justwise come

Ok, thanks for ur response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Halleluyah. Knew you were going to get it. You are one hell of a silent observer. Cheerscheesy

Tnx o.lol @ silent observer.ds thread has bin my companion all thru b4 d wait and during.I read all d pages o.including part 1.mehn I try.but na God do am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogheneyoma: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16: Somebody shout halleluyah! I got my visa!!!plenty tanx to evryone here.special appreciation to donxavier and darkchild,d encouragement I got frm u guys kept me going.una get faith pass mine sef.Uni of greenwich here I come grin

congrats dear. am so happy for u. Am still expecting my text though....*fingers crossed*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2012
@everybody!!
I thought I was macho...12 working days now, woke up this morning and I almost freaked out!!
Pardon my rookie question, but shebi I can just go to VFS on the 15th working day, whether I get a text or not, whether the tracking shows ready or not, I guess the worst thing that will happen is that they will tell me its not ready and I should come back, and it could be readyt sef and their tracker and SMS alert is not working!!!!!!!!!!!
(Phew!!! am freaking out)

By The Way.....Congrats to everyone who got a Visa!!!

@futuredon...the webenrol portal is now open o, just completed mine now!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:59am On Sep 06, 2012
MJAJ: Hello House! Please I need your kind response to the following:

Thanks

Never heard of anybody withdrawing an application after 13 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
ogheneyoma:

congrats dear. am so happy for u. Am still expecting my text though....*fingers crossed*

Tnx dear.urs too soonest.u shld get d text today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Don

Other countries have to prove medical reports etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hiskenny49(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
PLEASE.how much is Uk ticket fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.