Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864216 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hello all,pls is it advisable 2use d bank statement from a fixed deposit account for ur visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
holloziggi: Hello all,pls is it advisable 2use d bank statement from a fixed deposit account for ur visa application

Yes you can but the fixed deposit must meet some requirements. Can't remember the page now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nemsy(f): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hello everyone,i came to know about this thread after i submitted my tier4pbs application,i've been a ghost follower since then. It has been my companion in this waiting period,but im kinda freaking out now,cause i submitted my application since on the 13th of august,no alert or email has been sent to me regarding the cllection,my tracking result still shows its been sent to BHC for processing, today is making 16th working days. Please is anyone in the forum that applied at ikeja on the 13th of august and has recieved theirs yet? My school resumes on the 10th of september.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nemsy: Hello everyone,i came to know about this thread after i submitted my tier4pbs application,i've been a ghost follower since then. It has been my companion in this waiting period,but im kinda freaking out now,cause i submitted my application since on the 13th of august,no alert or email has been sent to me regarding the cllection,my tracking result still shows its been sent to BHC for processing, today is making 16th working days. Please is anyone in the forum that applied at ikeja on the 13th of august and has recieved theirs yet? My school resumes on the 10th of september.

hopefully, you should get your text this week. I would advice that you write your school and notify them you might be coming late due to your visa processing time. With that, I think you won't have your great in your mouth again.

But you might get your notification before Friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogheneyoma: 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nemsy: Hello everyone,i came to know about this thread after i submitted my tier4pbs application,i've been a ghost follower since then. It has been my companion in this waiting period,but im kinda freaking out now,cause i submitted my application since on the 13th of august,no alert or email has been sent to me regarding the cllection,my tracking result still shows its been sent to BHC for processing, today is making 16th working days. Please is anyone in the forum that applied at ikeja on the 13th of august and has recieved theirs yet? My school resumes on the 10th of september.

i understand ur fears, i also applied on the 13th of august at lekki, and my tracking result still shows "Sent to BHC for processing". My skool also resumes 10th sept, and i ve been getting more nervous by the day as some other pple who applied on dat same day have gotten theirs. Well, lets b positive, nd hope for the best soonest. Calm down dear......am also awaitin mine... grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nemsy(f): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
Thanks will do that,crossing my fingers for positive outcome. Anyways latest date of reumption given on my cas was 1st oct,i still got time though. I just want this wait to be over already sad
Dharkchild:

hopefully, you should get your text this week. I would advice that you write your school and notify them you might be coming late due to your visa processing time. With that, I think you won't have your great in your mouth again.

But you might get your notification before Friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nemsy(f): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
I can totally understand, i check my inbox every 5mins cheesy to see if there is any email from vfs. which school are you going to btw? I pray we get an email before this week runs out.
ogheneyoma:

i understand ur fears, i also applied on the 13th of august at lekki, and my tracking result still shows "Sent to BHC for processing". My skool also resumes 10th sept, and i ve been getting more nervous by the day as some other pple who applied on dat same day have gotten theirs. Well, lets b positive, nd hope for the best soonest. Calm down dear......am also awaitin mine... grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
kdavis:
My first time of going thru dis process;probably nxt time I would look for a better deal. By d way I neva enter plane before so I get to enter airplane two times grin
How much did you pay for the iberia flight?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 3:19am On Sep 07, 2012
Dear friends...

For any one here, please add me on facebook if you have an account.(yoyo_moda@hotmail.com)

If not on facebook please contact me on (yehia.mahmoud@hotmail.co.uk)

Whether getting to Manchester or London I would be just glad keeping in touch..

Hail to Mother Africa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 5:40am On Sep 07, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:51am On Sep 07, 2012
ibudes: Do I start counting the 15 working days from the day I submitted my
Application?

Thats exactly how its counted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Good Morning house. I just stumbled on this thread after submitting my visa application. It is absolutely fantastic the amount of info on here.
Well, my question is this:
My mummy made a visa application in 2005 and included me as her accompanying child- I was 12 years old at the time. We were refused the visa. In all honesty I didn't even know she made such an application till I was filling my form this year.
In question 6.3 of the form asking if I had been refused, I answered as follow:
Date: 25/10/2005.
Reason: don't know
Reference number: 243415.
I must add that my mum has gotten a uk visa 3 times after that refusal in 08,10, and 2012. But she doesn't have the refusal notice again and she cannot remember the exact reasons for the refusal.
Please do u think that I will be refused a visa because of not putting the refusal reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2012
okolodaniel: Good Morning house. I just stumbled on this thread after submitting my visa application. It is absolutely fantastic the amount of info on here.
Well, my question is this:
My mummy made a visa application in 2005 and included me as her accompanying child- I was 12 years old at the time. We were refused the visa. In all honesty I didn't even know she made such an application till I was filling my form this year.
In question 6.3 of the form asking if I had been refused, I answered as follow:
Date: 25/10/2005.
Reason: don't know
Reference number: 243415.
I must add that my mum has gotten a uk visa 3 times after that refusal in 08,10, and 2012. But she doesn't have the refusal notice again and she cannot remember the exact reasons for the refusal.
Please do u think that I will be refused a visa because of not putting the refusal reason?

No, you will be fine if you met all requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2012
@justwise what a prompt response. I really appreciate. Also I attached the passport with which I was refused back in 2005 with the rejection stamp.
Thanks very much for your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2012
okolodaniel: @justwise what a prompt response. I really appreciate. Also I attached the passport with which I was refused back in 2005 with the rejection stamp.
Thanks very much for your time.

Even if you did not attach the passport you will still be ok, because you were 12 yrs of age at that time, you can't be hold responsible for the refusal but you did the right thing by giving the little info you have about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2012
justwise:

Even if you did not attach the passport you will still be ok, because you were 12 yrs of age at that time, you can't be hold responsible for the refusal but you did the right thing by giving the little info you have about it.

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll let you know when I get a response from the embassy. I submitted on the 16th of august in abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2012
Loriante:

I am heading to University of Salford,Greater Manchester.. cheesy

Hope seeing you there friend.
I am also heading to Salford! All the while you never mentioned your school, I think....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2012
okolodaniel:

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll let you know when I get a response from the embassy. I submitted on the 16th of august in abuja.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2012
Pls did anyone apply on the 14th at ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
kunlewoye:
I am also heading to Salford! All the while you never mentioned your school, I think....

That is perfect.. I should meet you there. I am enrolling to school of Humanities .. cheesy

I shall send you my phone number the time I arrive there... Good Luck for us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
steph7: lol, thanks, pls arnd what time shud I expect my text msg, today is my 15th day and the wait is killing me

I sincerely don't know the exact time VFS sends the text msg because I'm still waiting for my visa but from what I read in previous pages, it's usually in the night. Just be expectant, u'll get urs very soon & please don't let this wait increase ur BP ooo. Cheers. grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
ibudes: What is the reason for some application to take exactly 15 working
Days and some take longer than 15 working days is it as a result to
The document submitted

It could be. Just postulating though, not sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
Good evening everyone.
My status is showing processed application in transit.
I paid for the courier service, was wondering if this meant my documents are with UPS or they are on the way to the VAC.
Anyone with an idea?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
okolodaniel: Good evening everyone.
My status is showing processed application in transit.
I paid for the courier service, was wondering if this meant my documents are with UPS or they are on the way to the VAC.
Anyone with an idea?
its going back to vfs, expect it on monday, u applied on the 16th rite?n this wait is annoying, I applied 14th, no news yet, where did u apply ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2012
steph7: its going back to vfs, expect it on monday, u applied on the 16th rite?n this wait is annoying, I applied 14th, no news yet, where did u apply ?

I applied in abuja. Where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ikeja, lagos, those who applied on the 13th atlekki n ikeja, where are you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blackedwin: 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hello House,I'm here again,it's been a yr+ now after we successfully got student/dependents Visas all thanks to the house,my wife is through with her Msc.she's back though she wants to go for her Phd, looking at the cost of £14000 p/a for the 3yr program. do i need to show the total sum for the 3yrs when applying for a new student Visa.

Regards
Edwin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
blackedwin: Hello House,I'm here again,it's been a yr+ now after we successfully got student/dependents Visas all thanks to the house,my wife is through with her Msc.she's back though she wants to go for her Phd, looking at the cost of £14000 p/a for the 3yr program. do i need to show the total sum for the 3yrs when applying for a new student Visa.

Regards
Edwin

congratulations on the feat achieved and more great to your elbow in future endeavours.

You don't need to show the fee for the 3 years, you need to show just £7,200 or £9000 for outer and inner London respectively (maintenance), plus the fee for the first year and you are fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Donxavier:

Yes you can but the fixed deposit must meet some requirements. Can't remember the page now.
cn I jst have an idea of d requirements because the money is well above d maintainance fee but am scared that the statement wasn't really broken down showing the 28days..thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.