Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again (17271 Views)

Propaganda Alert! Boko Haram Cornered! Enemies Of Nigeria Are At Work Again! / Multiple Bomb Blasts In Northern Nigerian City Of Maiduguri Injure Five People / Chief Imam Of Abuja National Mosque Mobilizes Northern Nigerian Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Uche2nna(m): 12:33am On Oct 11, 2007
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by grafikdon: 12:42am On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna:

k

I am never the one to try and thrash one's beliefs as far as it is not posing a danger to other people. I am not against the muslims or what they believe in (I have some muslim friends) I am just against the killings which has unfortunately become a staple in our country.

Unfortunately, some people think it is a joke and come up with ridiculous lines like ''It is the work of bad Muslims''. . . Christians are fornicators too, therefore there are ''Bad Christians'' and ''we are even''. What a friggin shame. Makes you wish they'd go through the almajiri's ''blade of peace'' and live to tell the tale so that next time they'd know when to crack tasteless jokes and when to zip it.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 11, 2007
I wonder when fornicators and murderers ended up at the same level.
Like Muslims don't fornicate.

Even the 9/11 attackers went to nudie bars before answering the call.
Anyone who has spent anytime in northern Nigeria knows of male prostitutes dan daudus that service the alhajis while their 4 wives are sneaking around at night looking for cheap tricks.
This was way before homosexuals started coming out.
I'm having a good laugh here.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Uche2nna(m): 3:34am On Oct 11, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

nwando u seem to have been around in the north. grin

u r damn rite. Even before I knew the word homosexualism, I was very familiar with the dan dauda act in Kano. Altho at that time I did not fully understand the implications cheesy
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 11, 2007
I had family all over Northern Nigeria from Maiduguri to Kaduna to Kano to  Jos.
I vacationed there often.
As little pubertal girls,we had alhajis wanting to pick us up in their cars as we walked down the streets from Nassarawa Kano to ahmadu bello way in Jos.
Filthy old men those alhajis.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 11, 2007
the alhajis could not have been muslims.
Islam is peace!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by otokx(m): 3:57am On Oct 11, 2007
Do you know there is peace in the graveyard?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:19am On Oct 11, 2007
QUOTE FROM

I-man (m)
London,UK

Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again
« #437 on: Yesterday at 01:41:14 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@almondjoy

Your posts always [b]reek of illogic."[/b]6+Bad" Muslims,like "bad" Christians do all you mentioned-corruption,armed robbery,sex-attack,fornication.e.t.c but there is an additional element-they also kill people in the name of religion on a much grander scale than non-Muslims.

Supposing someone told you that White supremacists are violent,would it be valid to point out that non-Whites can 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Iman.  I am frankly tired of this topic. Islam is here to stay--deal with it the best way you can by making noise on Nairaland.  Where were you during the "Kano" riot?---Under your bed and urinating/defecating all over yourself. You should have been there too so they can chop off your head too. At least some of your courageous brothers and sisters returned the favor killing some northerners in some eastern part of Nigeria or where ever. Please get to battle and bring as many Islamic Jiihadist heads as you can chop off.  Might  have to learn how to use a bow and arrow or learn how to be a jihadist yourself--goodluck eradicating muslims! kiss Please stop making mouth here!

Please prepare yourself or enrol in some CTU--counter terrorism unit school of suicide bombing to settle your scores. I will be watching by the sidelines to see your butt kicked to the curb.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:21am On Oct 11, 2007
Mariory:

@almondjoy
So you have no problems comparing a person fornicating with another person committing murder? Are you on medication?

No!  Sin is sin--all are equal. I think I mentioned armed robbers and ritualists too! As for medications--yes! Lots of it from dealing with people like you. wink In fact I just started smoking with less than 500 posts on Nairaland. tongue
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by debosky(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2007
Sorry for going off topic, but this "male" sounds remarkably like a certain lady who has gone by names such as Afro___, Babe___ and M______a before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

no be for my mouth dem go hear say Babangida dey wear red pant grin grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 6:31am On Oct 11, 2007
The burden of proof lies on you debosky! wink
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2007
for those who would have us believe that persecution is not a christian tenet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_persecution_by_Christians

excerpts

Biblical Exegesis - Old Testament

The Old Testament has been the main source for Christian theologians advocating religious persecution. An example of this would be John Jewel. In defending the demand for religious uniformity by Elizabeth I of England, he declared: "Queen Elizabeth doth as did Moses, Josua, David, Salomon, Josias, Jesophat, , " [7]

* In the Old Testament, God commands that the temples, idols, and sacred groves of the pagan non-believers be destroyed, and that those that follow other gods in the territory of God's people should be killed. According to mainstream Christianity, this, however, contrasts with the teaching of Jesus which regards love towards God and other people as the supreme law. I John 4 : 7 and 8 "Love is from God, (, ) and who don't love don't know God, for God is love" Romans 13 : 9 and 10 " [All God's] Commandments are summed up in this one : Love the other as yourself (, ) Love doesn't cause harm to the others; so to love the others fulfill all the Law of God"

* Leviticus 20:27 ("A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."wink and Exodus 22:18 ("You shall not permit a sorceress to live."wink have been interpreted by some Christians as directing people to kill those who supposedly use magic. However the translation is debated and one interpretation is that it doesn't refer to the practices used by various occult groups modernly thought of as "Witchcraft", such as found in the Wiccan Faith, but rather curses intended to harm, or indeed only with necromancy (Peake's Commentary) - the Hebrew people coexisted with Pagans who not only believed in many gods, but often practiced "sorcery." [citation needed] Also see Christian views on witchcraft.

* Leviticus 20:13 ("If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them."wink has been used to legitimise persecution of homosexuals, although this law is considered by many Christians to contradict essential teachings of Jesus.

[edit] Biblical Exegesis - New Testament

* According to the canonical Gospel of Matthew (in the Antithesis of the Law), Gospel of Luke (Luke 10:27) and the Gospel of Mark (Mark 12:31), Jesus commanded to love one's neighbour as one's self and love God more than anyone, and called this the summary of the Mosaic Law. He further taught his followers to love their enemies. Representing persecution as an act of love is considered irreconcilable to these teachings by many. However, some have interpreted "neighbour" to only include Christians. Others believe that anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is doomed to spend eternity in Hell; therefore, doing anything possible to save them from that fate (by forcing them to convert to Christianity by any means necessary) is an act of love.

* According to the Christian Gospels, Jesus commanded people to withstand evil with good. Most Christians consider persecution to be an evil act.[citation needed]

* According to the Christian Gospels, Jesus forbade to hate (cf. Luke 14:26, Revelation 2:6). Persecution implies hate.[original research?] According to the canonical gospels and Acts of the apostles Paul of Tarsus, as well as Jesus himself, considered the commandment to love the supreme law.

* According to the Christian Gospels, Jesus did not fight back when he was harassed, arrested, and crucified, nor did his disciples, except Saint Peter, who was rebuked by Jesus.

* In the canonical Gospels, the Acts and the Letters, there is no description of any case of religiously condoned physical violence by Christians against non-Christians which could be used as a precedent for Christian persecution of other groups, apart from Jesus overturning the tables at Herod's Temple, (John 2:13-17, Matthew 25:31–46).

* Christian persecutors considered the persecution of others as "necessary" in order to "protect the souls" of Christians against damnation by heretic teachings. See also: Inquisition. The Peace churches believe that Jesus rejected violence. For instance Paul of Tarsus ordered heretics to be admonished in the church or to be expelled from the church, not to be persecuted. See First Corinthians, chapter 5.

* Matthew,27:25

St Matthew's Gospel (Matthew 27:25) quotes a Jewish mob crying, shortly before the Crucifixion, "His blood be on us and on our children;" this quotation is taken by some to refer to all Jews. This belief has been cited by many Anti-semites as justification for their animosity towards the Jews. Christian anti-Semites blame Jews in general for the death of Jesus (whom Christians believe to be God made man). This view held sway in many parts of Christian Europe throughout the Middle Ages. Similarly Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger (aka Jacob Sprenger) in the Malleus Maleficarum (1486): And again, the Jews sin more greatly than the Pagans; for they received the prophecy of the Christian Faith in the Old Law, which they corrupt through badly interpreting it, which is not the case with the Pagans. Therefore their infidelity is a greater sin than that of the Gentiles, who never received the Faith of the Gospel. With the general rejection of anti-Semitism following the The Holocaust, this interpretation is held by only a scarce minority of contemporary Christians. This excuse for antisemitism also ignores the fact that Jesus himself was a Jew, as were the early church leaders.

nwadno, you'd better get to work on revising history. grin

perhaps a 'parabloic interpretation ' of the bible is necessary to explain the injunctions.

I wonder when you'll get round to the murder of 6 million jews by christians. this wasn't some uneducated almajiris, this was a systematic well planned extermination.

Drowning of Protestants in Ireland

cry over the River Bann near Portadown, Ulster. This atrocity occurred at the beginning of the Irish Rebellion of 1641. Having held the Protestants as prisoners and tortured them, the Catholics drove them to the bridge, where they were stripped naked and forced into the water below at swordpoint. Survivors of the plunge were shot.

[edit] Massacres of Catholics in Ireland

Thousands of Catholic residents were massacred by Oliver Cromwell's Protestant troops cryat Drogheda, Wexford, and Waterford, during the Irish campaign of autumn and winter 1649. All of the survivors of Drogheda and many from other places were sold as slaves to the West Indies. In 1652, all Catholic-owned estates east of the River Shannon were confiscated, and their residents were evicted en-masse amid plague and famine that killed an even greater number. Approximately 600,000 people, nearly half the Irish population, died during the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland.[14] The penal laws of 1690 caused still more destitution and emigration.

its not possible! christians could not do this! wasn't this during the so called age of enlightenment?

ok i understand, it was 350 years ago, a time when christains hadn't mastered the aret of public relations/spin grin

you can also check this out.

http://www.wickedness.net/strmiska.pdf

Its long so i know nwando (who is too lazy to read anything more than five lines- i wonder how she became a doctor? could she have been stretching neck in class? na so some sharp born again classmates of mine dey do back in school.go for 'fellow ship during exam period, then start nudging us eficos the next day in the exam hall.) may not be able to read it. sorry it a pdf, no chance of revising it grin.
'
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2007
excerpts:

By and large,
the transition from Paganism to Christianity has been viewed through the lens of a
perspective which assumed that Christian domination over and suppression of the
preexisting Pagan traditions was a natural and necessary thing.
This view of European history, grounded in the d[b]ogmatic conviction in the
intrinsic superiority of Christianity to all other religions[/b], has a long history and venerable
history in its own right, beginning with the Christian scriptures themselves. To medieval
participants in this Christian-centered discourse, European civilization was one and the
same as “ Christendom,” [/b]and even today, [b]it is still commonplace to refer to Europe as the “ Christian West.
” In the last 150 or so years, however, the authority of this paradigm or
metanarrative of Christian supremacy has been corroded by the general secularization of
Western societies and also by Western people’s increasing contact with and knowledge
of other religions from around the world.

In archaeological remains as well as Old Icelandic literature, we find a good deal
of evidence of Christian-Pagan syncretism which suggests that the Vikings were capable
of combining Christianity with their own native traditions. If Christian authorities had
been willing to tolerate a more flexible kind of Christianity, a distinctive Nordic blend of
Christianity and Paganism could have developed which might have served as a bridge
between the two religious traditions and ameliorated conflicts between them. This was
not to be. The powerful Christian authority structures of medieval Europe were only
interested in one kind of relationship with other forms of religion: the total destruction of
these religions and the Christianization of all peoples, by force if necessary. Only now
are we beginning to realize how much was lost as a result of that harsh policy of
intolerance.

fascinating article.too bad i can't paste the whole 17 pages.

more from wikipedia:

At the present time, most countries in which Christianity is the religion of the majority of the people, are secular states.[citation needed]

[edit] Vietnam

Christian persecution of Buddhism in Vietnam caused the deaths of eight unarmed Buddhist civilians on May 8, 1963 in the city of Huế in South Vietnam at the hands of the army and security forces of the Catholic government of Ngo Dinh Diem. shocked shocked shocked The army and police had opened fired with guns and launched grenades into a crowd of Buddhists who had been protesting against a government ban on the flying of the Buddhist flag on the day of Vesak, which commemorates the birth of Gautama Buddha. shocked shocked Diem's denial of government responsibility in the incident, blaming the Vietcong, led to growing discontent among the Buddhist majority. It stoked the start of a protest movement by Buddhists against the religious discrimination of the Catholic-dominated Diem regime, known as the Buddhist crisis, and widespread large scale civil disobedience among South Vietnamese. After six months of tension, generals from the Army of the Republic of Vietnam conducted a coup on November 1 amid growing opposition to the regime, which saw the removal and assassination of Diem. This event is also known as the Hue Vesak shootings.

[edit] Serbia

Between 1992 and 1999, the government of Serbia engaged in persecution of religious minorities in Kosovo and throughout Serbia, including the "ethnic cleansing" of Albanian Muslims and destruction of mosques and other Islamic landmarks.[15]

[edit] United States
Giles Cory was pressed to death during the Salem witch trials in the 1690s.

During the Cold War, the United States often characterized its opponents as "Godless Communists" as opposed to Christian Americans, ( y'all know what davidlyan has to say about Islam during the War On Terror!) which tended to reinforce the view that atheists were unreliable and unpatriotic.

In the 1988 U.S. presidential campaign, Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush said, "I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God." shocked shocked shocked

no wonder george dubya is carring out a modern day crusade against the 'axis of evil'!

The conservative Christian James Clement Taylor has commented on the subject of persecution of Wiccans that "these people of Wicca have been terribly slandered by us. They have lost jobs, and homes, and places of business because we have assured others that they worship Satan, which they do not. We have persecuted them, "[18]

In 1999 a group of conservative Christian groups was formed on the initiative of Bob Barr. The group asked US citizens not to enlist or re-enlist in the U.S. Army until the Army terminates the on-base freedoms of religion, speech and assembly for all Wiccan soldiers.[19][20] The boycott has since become inactive. George W. Bush stated "I don't think witchcraft is a religion. I would hope the military officials would take a second look at the decision they made.". [1] In September 1985 some conservative Christian legislators introduced three pieces of legislation designed to take away the rights of Wiccans. The first one was House Resolution (H.R.) 3389 introduced September 19 by congressman Robert S. Walker (R-Penn.)

eeyah . . .where are the tolerant christains? they certainly aren't on nairaland? are they reading a different bible? or perhaps a parabolic interpretation?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2007
for those who keep on posting and reposting about civil war in iraq and dafur, while playing the ostrich as to their own shortcomings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism

Beginning with Martin Luther Protestants attacked the Pope as representing the power of the Anti-Christ and the Roman Catholic Church as the LovePeddler of Babylon prophesised in the Book of Revelations. The identification of the Papacy as the Anti-Christ was an article of faith for many Protestant denominations: shocked shocked shocked

Anti-Catholicism in England has its origins with the English Reformation under Henry VIII. The Act of Supremacy of 1534 declared the English crown to be 'the only supreme head on earth of the Church in England' in place of the Pope. Any act of allegiance to the latter was considered treason. It was under this act that saints Thomas More and John Fisher were executed.

Although the Act of Supremacy was repealed in 1554 by Henry's daughter, Queen Mary I, who was a staunch Roman Catholic, it was reenacted in 1559 under Elizabeth I.

Anyone who took public or church office was forced to take the Oath of Supremacy, and there were penalties for violating that oath. Attendance at Anglican services was also made obligatory. Those that refused were fined as recusants.

ok ok its some 450 years ago!!!

Anti-Catholic animus in the United States reached a peak in the nineteenth century when the Protestant population became alarmed by the influx of Roman Catholic immigrants. The resulting "nativist" movement, which achieved prominence in the 1840s, was whipped into a frenzy of anti-Catholicism that led to mob violence, the burning of Roman Catholic property, and the killing of Roman Catholics. This violence was fed by claims that Catholics were destroying the culture of the United States. Irish Catholic immigrants were blamed for raising the taxes of the country as well as spreading violence and disease. The nativist movement found expression in a national political movement called the Know-Nothing Party of the 1850s, which (unsuccessfully) ran former president Millard Fillmore as its presidential candidate in 1856. Similar sentiment was also manifested in the Ku Klux Klan. The case of the murder of Father James Coyle, although also motivated by ethnic bigotry, was a prime example of anti-Catholic violence in the US.

In 1834, lurid tales of sexual slavery and infanticide in convents prompted the burning of an Ursuline convent in Charlestown, Mass., setting off nearly two decades of violence against Catholics. The resulting anti-Catholic riots (which included the burning of churches), were largely centered in the major urban centers of the country and led to the creation of the nativist Know-Nothing Party in 1854, whose platform included a straightforward condemnation of the Catholic Church.

By 1850 Catholics had become the country’s largest single religious denomination. And between 1860 and 1890 the population of Catholics in the United States tripled through immigration; by the end of the decade it would reach seven million. This influx, largely Irish and Italian, which would eventually bring increased political power for the Catholic Church and a greater cultural presence, led at the same time to a[b] growing fear of the Catholic "menace."[/b] T[b]he American Protective Association, for example, formed in Iowa in 1887, sponsored popular countrywide tours of supposed ex-priests and "escaped" nuns, who concocted horrific tales of mistreatment and abuse[/b].

In 1928 the presidential candidacy of Al Smith was greeted with a fresh wave of anti-Catholic hysteria that contributed to his defeat. (It was widely rumored at the time that with the election of Mr. Smith the pope would take up residence in the White House and Protestants would find themselves stripped of their citizenship.)

the same thing happened when i was in school. a muslim was in the lead against a christaian for SUG. at the last moment ( in a move even davidlyan- the man who sees sharia lurking under his bed-, could not have executed better) the christian spread a rumor that the muslim candidate would bring sharia to the SUG.( i wonder how)

y'all can see, nothing new under the sun.davidlyan and co are simply following in the footsteps of others. its so easy to do innit?

sigh. . . readers can rest assured the next time you visit these pages o wikipedia, the coalition of christian supremacists would have vandalised the pages and engaged in some revisionist history. undecided
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2007
Thank you oyb.  Infact the violence in the "Old Testament" was so nauseating even "The Ominipotent"  was so disgusted "The New Testament" had to be created.  Thanks once again for giving us an insight as to how "peaceful" the "other" religions are! wink

Let us see if the "middle testament" will be published soon.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ochocinco1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2007
Why is they so much discussion about these totalitarian religions that originate from the bullying Arabic and Caucasoid race.

Christianity through sheer financial and tactical muscle and Islam through petulance and childishness have trod upon much more tolerant religions around the world.

Remember when two elephants fight, it is the grass beneath their feet that suffers. In fact, the grass simply vanishes!

By arguing over their merits, we are only serving to perpetuate their authoritarianism.

Thus I beg of you let us pay more attention to our ancestral religions, that have been demonised by these foreign invaders and infidels.

Unlike Islam, the Ifas and Sangos and Oguns, are more amenable to modernisation and less self conscious than the Christian faith.

Our 'GODS' do not think too much of themselves, they leave you to your own devices without the excessive burden on your conscience.

"Wise is he who recognises that Truth is One and one only, but wiser still the one who accepts that Truth is called by many names, and approached from myriad routes."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saturday_review/story/0,3605,709326,00.html
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2007
ocho cinco:

Why is they so much discussion about these totalitarian religions that originate from the bullying Arabic and Caucasoid race.

Christianity through sheer financial and tactical muscle and Islam through petulance and childishness have trod upon much more tolerant religions around the world.

Remember when two elephants fight, it is the grass beneath their feet that suffers. In fact, the grass simply vanishes!

By arguing over their merits, we are only serving to perpetuate their authoritarianism.

Thus I beg of you let us pay more attention to our ancestral religions, that have been demonised by these foreign invaders and infidels.

Unlike Islam, the Ifas and Sangos and Oguns, are more amenable to modernisation and less self conscious than the Christian faith.

Our 'GODS' do not think too much of themselves, they leave you to your own devices without the excessive burden on your conscience.

"Wise is he who recognises that Truth is One and one only, but wiser still the one who accepts that Truth is called by many names, and approached from myriad routes."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saturday_review/story/0,3605,709326,00.html

My God!  All this from Nigerian-hispanic, ocho cinco? shocked  I am glad that just as I am, you are searching for alternative "religions"--Non contact sport I say! wink   Yoga is my religion! kiss
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2007
If I knew it was Militia I was debating. . won't have bothered.Almondjoy/Militia is the antithesis of reason.If this was an Okotiabo thread,I would value her judgement. grin grin

No wonder. . . . .Da Vinci Code,Rev King,fornication,"we are one".e.t.c

@oyb

The issue is not the mere prescence of instances of intolerance and supremacism in other religions but the prevasiveness of violence in Islam compared to other religions,especially in the contemporary world

I warned about using terms that are ultimately meaningless.If Christianity was actually totalitarian,democracies wouldn't have evolved in many Christian countries.Thanks for that bit of disinformation about Christianity originating from Whites. . . . . didn't know Middle-Eastern Jews were Caucasians.

Every single ideology,including Communism(resoundingly atheist),Buddhism and Judaism,has,when the opportunity allowed,been used to trod upon other beliefs.Mao and Stalin(2 atheists) collectively killed 40 million people in the 20th century.

Having said that,we cannot abandon our belief systems.We can only acknowledge the defects and try to resolve them.This is where the defects in Islam come in. . .you cannot have a reformation of Islam unless defects within it are acknowledged.Simply wielding tu quoque arguments are pointless

Again,verbosity is no substitute for reason.There are greater merits in other religions-Buddhism,Christianity,Hinduism,Judaism.e.t.c- than Islam.To point that out isn't to perpetuate the "authoritarianism" of Christianity.

Here you go trumpetinging the merits of a particular belief system. . . . which system historically perpetuated misogyny,injustice,slavery,barbarism.e.t.c
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Uche2nna(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2007
@ posts

We seem to be missing the point once again. There is no basis for comparison here. The title of of the topic says " Northern muslims and bla bla bla. It did not say Northern christians, Southern christians nor Southern muslims . We should focus here, people. Something has gone wrong in the north and instead of trying to pass the dutch and look for justification , we should at least find ways to to understand wat is going on. That way we might start working towards a solution. Nobody lives on an island. Today it might be somebody's family family that is a victim, tomorrow it might well turn to be ur family that is a victim. It is like throwing stone in a market, u never know who it is gonna hit.

How old is Nairaland? Within this short life of Nairaland, how many times did this kind of topic rear its head. I am not talking about hypothetical discussions of terrorism , I am talking about real situations where people (men, women, children) have been killed in the guise of religion. The other day it was Abuja, yesterday borno, today kano, tomorrow it might be sokoto, all in the north.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2007
I-man:

I

@oyb

The issue is not the mere prescence of instances of intolerance and supremacism in other religions but the prevasiveness of violence in Islam compared to other religions,especially in the contemporary world

yawn. . . you are all so full of S, t. better start vandalising wikipedia's pages instead of trying to pretend that christianity is not as red handed as Islam.

you didn't seem so concerned about the issue in your previous posts . as your revered mentor would say-'just look at this hypocrite'.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ozigbo(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2007
the Christan that live in north i pray for them,
is not easy even here in est they ve power not
to talk of  north. only God can help.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna:

@ posts

We seem to be missing the point once again. There is no basis for comparison here. The title of of the topic says " Northern muslims and bla bla bla. It did not say Northern christians, Southern christians nor Southern muslims . We should focus here, people. Something has gone wrong in the north and instead of trying to pass the dutch and look for justification , we should at least find ways to to understand what is going on. That way we might start working towards a solution. Nobody lives on an island. Today it might be somebody's family family that is a victim, tomorrow it might well turn to be your family that is a victim. It is like throwing stone in a market, u never know who it is going to hit.

How old is Nairaland? Within this short life of Nairaland, how many times did this kind of topic rear its head. I am not talking about hypothetical discussions of terrorism , I am talking about real situations where people (men, women, children) have been killed in the guise of religion. The other day it was Abuja, yesterday borno, today kano, tomorrow it might be sokoto, all in the north.

i'm sorry, but for a person who has made over 4000 posts , you seem to be remarkably obtuse to the fact that any threads that have to do anything pertaining to Islam or its adherents -be it within the politics, religion or culture threads are always hijacked by the cabal of Islam bashers (nossycheek, davidlyman, nwando, Iman etal) and turned into a free for all in which real ,imagined and alleged crimes commited by Muslims, Prophet Muhammed and Islam are bandied about.

the above mentiond individuals are not intersted in a way forward. they are a bunch of internet demagogues/ rabble rousers who are intent on one thing only- establishing the supremacy of Christianity over Islam.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by jaybee3(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2007
Why don't you lot channel your energy towards finding a lasting solution to the annoyingly common occurrence of fighting for religion supremacy be it north south or west.
No need to come online and start fighting over which is better or best. All the negative can be used to educate as well channelled towards good cause so wise up guys. Our well learned generation can surely contribute to future development of our nation.
Religion should be a way of getting through to God
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by ochocinco1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2007
@I-man

Lol. I feel like the next time I write on this forum I must conform to strictures demanded by my old lecturers at uni.
It wasn't fun then, and I sure know it wouldn't be fun now.

So you reckon I flaunt meaningless words mixed with verbosity to boot. My bad. You dont do too bad yourself on that front either though cheesy [b]Tu QuoQue [/b]had me googling for real cheesy

About Christianity originating from middle eastern Jews. A bit pedantic don't you think. Okay I concede. I substitute 'virulent Caucasoid peddlers'.

Well Communist Atheism is a category I am not particularly concerned with either. I would argue that the communism as religion never competed and if at all was overwhelmingly overshadowed by communism as an economic and political ideology. It was for the latter that all those people were killed not because they served another God.

Besides in the long history of our planet, the communist experiment is but a speck, compared to the long illustrious histories of Christianity and Islam in carrying out atrocities or civilizing native races.

And about authoritarianism. Perhaps a poor choice but for want of a better word I guess. Unfortunately I do not have such a good command of Latin like you do or else. . . cheesy

Anyways I was referring to the eternal condemnation dictats of the bullying religions, the with us or against us tenets that make compromise difficult. It is in that context that I also used the term Totalitarian.

And I trumpet these particular belief systems because I guess they will forever say more about 'Nigerians'(this is a Nigerian forum after all) than either
Christianity or Islam ever will. So I reckon you should pick up a trumpet too.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna:

@ posts

We seem to be missing the point once again. There is no basis for comparison here. The title of of the topic says " Northern muslims and bla bla bla. It did not say Northern christians, Southern christians nor Southern [b]muslims . We should focus here, people. Something has gone wrong in the north and instead of trying to pass the dutch and look for justification [/b] , we should at least find ways to to understand what is going on. That way we might start working towards a solution. Nobody lives on an island. Today it might be somebody's family family that is a victim, tomorrow it might well turn to be your family that is a victim. It is like throwing stone in a market, u never know who it is going to hit.

Well what we get is people throwing unnecessary tantrums  copying wiki wiki telling us of old testament and Solomon when Muslims today as we speak are killing of people of other faiths.

This is no way a contest of religions.
There are many other religions besides Christians and Muslims .
Budhists,Hare Krishnas and Hindus abound.
and the day any of them start killing off others,they will be on the world's radar like "peaceful" Islam.

Islam is a threat to peace and tranquility and even basic common sense and should be exposed for the fraud it really is.
You can compare the kano killings to the battle with the Jebusites and Hitittes
That ended >4,000 years ago,why are the slaves of allah restless,a curse?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2007
oyb:

yawn. . . you are all so full of S, t.

You are full of Islam. . . and that is even worse. grin grin grin No go wound person o,this one u dey vex like stereotypical Mahometan grin

@ocho cinco

Touche!French this time grin

And about authoritarianism. Perhaps a poor choice but for want of a better word I guess.
Supremacism will be apt-the suggestion that our way is the only way-is the major defect of the 2 main monotheistic religions,Islam and Christianity.

However,on balance,our ancestral religions lack more than most of the major religions.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2007
Islam is incompatible with thinking.

You cite examples of Muhammad's killings.
They tell you moses killed.

You read where Muhammad took several women and where allah allowed women to willingly come to his bed,they tell you Solomon had women in quantum.

You ask why mohammed lusted after a crawling baby whom he married at 6 and slept with at 9,they tell you of Catholic priests.

You ask why Muslims all the world over in the name of Allah as exemplified by Muhammad are stil killing off and conquering,they tell you about the crusades.

You ask why Muhammad and his followers took women captive raping them at will,they tell you allah knows best.

You ask why Muhammad said they should learn from the people ofr the book,yet calling them pigs later on,allah knows best.

why the command to hunt and snap our necks,you quote out of context,Mo was peaceful.

why did allah reveal things after mohammed had already done them,allah knows best.

why Muhammad was sinful and didn't even know where allah would send him,they say mohammed was just a man

why did allah tell Muslims they could marry a max of 4 wives but after Muhammad had an insatiable appetite for women,he had scores,they say allah gave him an exception,to save women.

why do people who spend a lifetime studying the koran,end up as killers and haters of Jews and Christians llike the almajiris who do nothing but sprawl under a tree learning ,rocking back and forth reciting the koran and begging for a mallam,
Or people like Osama and his brothers,they tell us these are no true Muslims.

You ask why the Arab Muslims have made Christians in their midsts into 3rd class citizens and in some sharia placed forced to pay a tax just to live in their own lands,allah knows best.

ask why Christians cannot preach or even worship freely in Saudi and the like,allah is all knowing.

ask why apostates are killed for their faith today,allah says so

yet allah is supposed to be peaceful

This allah sef,

back to topic grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2007
yawn. . . is that the bet you can do?

you'd best PM telly B and the real crusaders.

(like i said, you're just a rabble rousing demagogue.all you are capable of doing of copying and pasting from prophet of doom etal . pathetic tongue)

wiki this wiki that. not your style , eh? no. you'll post from sources written by christians for christians. no balanced scientific , rational thinking for you - editorial slant all the way.

christianity, compatible with thinking? who are you kidding? is it that 'holy book of yours which is subject to 1001 'parabolic 'interpretations? or is it your testament version 1 and testament version 2?

or the god who divided himself?
for what was it - 5000 years, there was one god, then all of a sudden he decided to divide himself into the father , the son and the holy ghost?

as an aside, i hardly ever hear about chinese persecution of christians. a friend was discussing this with me the other day. i guess most of you - (nwando included) choose to look the other way because the west can't afford to antagonise china. of course the size of their military also plays a part.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2007
time to get hypocritical.just decided to lift from a source equivalent to prophet of doom

http://www.burningcross.net/crusades/christian-missionary-atrocities.html#Introduction

excerpts

INTRODUCTION

Missionaries

The Christian missionary mindset is generally depicted as that of simple religious folk with a pure desire to peacefully spread their gospel and message of love. In reality, their methods of propagation are often anything but peaceful and usually leave behind a native population stripped of their culture and often decimated. With Christianity failing in the west, the evangelists seek new and greener fields in the poor and uneducated sections of third world countries, backed by huge coffers from the less zealous, who are nonetheless convinced that to bring civilization and religion to the poor natives is a noble cause, even if they don't want it. Missionaries often intermix military campaigns with missionary campaigns in their fervor to "civilize the heathens," who are often simple happy natives, whose only crime is that they are not Christians. This mood of conquering the heathens by any means, at any cost, is supported in the Bible:

Christian Hindu Preacher"Thou shalt save alive nothing that breathest. But thou shalt utterly destroy them, " (Deut 20)

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19.27)

In the words of one resident of Thailand, “They [Christian missionaries] seemed that they did not show any interest for our culture. Why? They are just eager to build big churches in every village. It seems that they are having two faces; under the title of help they suppress us. To the world, they gained their reputations as benefactors of disappearing tribes. They built their reputations on us for many years. The way they behaved with us seemed as if we did not know about god before they arrived here.”[1]

“Why do missionaries think they are the only ones who can perceive God?”

In fact, most of the civilizations which were overrun by zealous Christians in their conversion fervor, were highly evolved in their moral standards, with complex social structures, high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, decorative art and evolved sciences, and content with their own religion.

The arrival of Christianity actually caused these civilizations to move backwards. In this regard we need only look to Europe, for the Dark Ages of Europe is a time when the Church was in control. The Age of Enlightenment (Renaissance) began when the common people were freed from the tyranny of the Christian church.

Temple DestructionChristian missionaries have oppressed many cultures, building churches atop temples, mosques and shrines. For example, the major churches in Rome are built atop pagan temples and many historians say that the Vatican itself is built on the ruins of a Mithra (the Roman Sungod) temple. The major Christian holy days are all taken from the pagan holy days. In fact, it is claimed by many historians and religious scholars that the entirety of Christianity is borrowed from other religions and cultures and is fraudulent — Christ is an amalgamation of a number of personalities existing prior to the [presumed] time of Christ. [ See also: The Borrowing Theory ]

hmm. . .uthman dan fodio couldn't have done it any better

oh well, let me not keep descending to your level. . .back to topic. cheesy
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2007
Why are muslims killing us.
That is the question

Answer :Mohammed killed his enemies,Islam sees Christians and Jews as enemies so they kill us

talking about Bush and America is again the typical Muslims escapist way.What has bush to do with this?
Where did China come into the discussion when we are talking of innocent people killed for their Christian faith.

Stop beating around the bush
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2007
are you actually so dumb/ignorant that you don't realise that christians are being persecuted for their faith in China shocked shocked shocked
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Uche2nna(m): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2007
@ oyb

If I am obtuse to the fact, I would not be pointing it out, would I?  undecided

Moreover, the pointing of fingers to other religion does not really solve the problem. Or am I obtuse the fact that this has been ur stance on this thread? undecided

The issue is dat watever the christians , buddhist , Maoist, Atheist, Traditionalist etc have done before or are doing now is not the problem we are constantly having in the north. The problem we are having stems from the fact that some moslems in the north religiously believes that the murder of people of other faith will guide them to heaven. That is the issue @ hand. Ur posture of drawing the deeds of other religion into play is quite educating but in this context it is illogical and somewhat historical. It is like chasing a rat in ur house while ur roof is on fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call / nPDP Members Set To Pull Out Of APC Over Failed Congresses, Others / Kano Election Was 'Democratic', Those Who Are Unhappy Should Accept - Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.