Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde (6284 Views)

Okonjo-iweala With IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde (photos) / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by kuramo: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
Lagarde praises Nigeria's economic efforts:   BBC News

Ms Lagarde praised Mr Jonathan's efforts to create jobs

IMF head Christine Lagarde, who is visiting Africa, has praised Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan's efforts to transform his country's economy.

Ms Largarde held talks with the president after meeting the country's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, earlier on Monday.

She is expected to focus on the fallout from the eurozone debt crisis and youth unemployment during her visit.

Ms Largarde is visiting Africa for the first time as head of the IMF.

On Tuesday, she is expected to attend a forum in Lagos on Africa's economic future before travelling to neighbouring Niger.

Corruption
"My mission is to come and listen and appreciate and understand exactly what economy programme will be implemented in Nigeria, and the initiative and leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan," Ms Lagarde said.

"I was extremely impressed with,  the energy and pace at which he wants to transform the economy, create jobs and focus on agriculture."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16246645
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by kuramo: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
This is an important endorsement of Nigeria's economic reforms led by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Moreover, it helps with international investor confidence in Nigeria which will help drive the much needed FDI.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Knight1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
that one will be swelling GEJ's head now, and giving him liver to continue with fuel subsidy removal
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Ufeolorun(m): 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2011
Please use your economic props and knowledge to save Europe angry smiley
I don't  expect less from them at least Okonjo Wahala is really trying to follow the template they handed  her but the combined forces of commonsense, patriotism and corruption have so far slowed her down.Thank God for presidency without constituency and a political base embarassed.

Largarde is just a flipping lagard grin
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Yeske2(m): 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2011
Who cares about Ms Lagarde, let her get back to France to praise and advise Sarkozy about the French economy, nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
Oh, she praised her puppets for adopting policies that favours IMF and WORLD BANK to continue to impoverish AFRICA.

Okonji-Iweala = Over-rated and AGENT of world bank.

Europe is in crisis. Go and save them first Christine Lagarde; charity begins at home.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by sheyguy: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2011
I consider his praise a bad news cos any nation imf deals with hardly lives to tell a good tale of such dealings. He must be mocking GEJ's subsidy removal policy when he praised us there
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by philip0906(m): 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
Olodostein:

Oh, she praised her puppets for adopting policies that favours IMF and WORLD BANK to continue to impoverish AFRICA.

Okonji-Iweala = Over-rated and AGENT of world bank.

Europe is in crisis. Go and save them first Christine Lagarde; charity begins at home.
+100
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2011
An important rule of thumb, to know Whether a Nigerian government is working for it people or not is :

If the IMF and world bank and Western nation countries (US and Europeans) praises the government, then you can be sure the government is bad for its people.

For Nigeria's government the more foreign trips the president makes to the US and or UK , also the more times he hosts visiting governments from these nations bears a strong relation to how much the president is going to ruin Nigeria.

In history , the good government for the Nigerian economy and people were Buhari's and Abacha's government and  neither government were praise by IMF or World bank. Neither Buhari or Abacha visited or hosted Western nation governments.

Now contrast that with number of visits and hosting of the US and UK governments since Abacha was assassinated by poisoning
and also during IBB's era

IBB had  approx  8 such visits / hostings and praised by IMF and world bank

Obj had even more maybe as much as 15 and  praised by IMf and world bank

Even the transitional government  of Abdulsalami Abubakar which lasted less than a year, visited both US and UK and was praised by IMF and World Bank.

The rule of thumb is if your government gets praised  by IMF World Bank and  UK and US, then start worrying for your country

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.0.html
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Godmann(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2011
Thank God ordinary Nigerians are getting the tricks. She is on a mission to save Europe. The praise is meant to further hypnotize GEJ to open our economy for European interest. That's just the summary.

We hardly learn from the past. SAP was put in place because the Western Economies needed to be saved in the 1980s. Nigeria, Argentina and other middle economies were deceived into adopting SAP.

The consequence: we destroyed our industrial capacity and created the conditions that made it possible for them to produce for us. So long as we buy goods from them, their economy will be better while ours suffers. Ask any British or American about the Thatcher and Regan miracle. It was both that plotted SAP which destroyed our economy and saved theirs.

This woman, Ngozi-Iweala and others are for same role, today. People like Iweala are stooges that are being led into what they hardly understand. Did she not pay our external debt to save us (whereas the real reason was to save the then collapsing Western Banks.) The Credit crunch was caused by over-exposure by the banks and getting 16billion or so from Nigeria was a sweet deal.

Until we have intelligent leaders that can lay this economic games with other countries of the world, our economy will never work.

THE WORLD IS ON AN ECONOMIC WAR. There is no free meal out there. We better get it or perish.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by AZeD1(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2011
kuramo:

This is an important endorsement of Nigeria's economic reforms led by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Moreover, it helps with international investor confidence in Nigeria which will help drive the much needed FDI.

Dude did the imf endorse china's economic model??
Her endorsement should be seen as tragic
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Kx: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2011
Greece, Italy, Spain and the whole of Europe are living witnesses of IMF led intervention.
Transformation in Agric, job creation how? with negligible allocations in 2012 budget?

Jona should be praised for transforming security[b] in paper [/b]
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Godmann(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2011
Kx:

Greece, Italy, Spain and the whole of Europe are living witnesses of IMF led intervention.
Transformation in Agric, job creation how? with negligible allocations in 2012 budget?

Goat! and you consider yourself as "Privileged as" those people!!!

People that live in the bushes or that do not have brains to understand how the world works should close their mouths.

No wonder we are in the doldrums? Because our schools refuse to teach us; our history was dumped and pure lies put into our heads to confuse us more.

Chief, you are a slave of the world and will never be considered worthy of what gets to the Greece, the Italians, The Spanish.

Get it into your dammed head, Western Europe owns our world.

Stop fooling yourself; IMF, WORLD BANK, UN etc will never threat you like the Europeans.

For your information, there is a world world ranking order

1: Western Europe and America. (For your information US, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA , including some from South Africa, and Zimbabwe are cousins of the Western Europe.).
2. The Asians
3. The South Americans
4. Other Africans (Caribeans)
5. Bloody Black Africans. (That's where me and you belong.)

Until we get this and work to reform and earn our respect; we will continue to be fooled.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2011
Wahala dey o!!! for the ignorants if the IMF or World bank praises you that means there is something you are doing that will help foster subjugation of your economy that will benefit of the western world powers that will eventually impoverish the populace of the nation.

Go and read 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' by John Perkins (an agent of IMF and World Bank for over twenty years)
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by zangality(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2011
This is really a bad news for us,as we all know Europe is in financial crisis and the IMF chief will do anything to restore it.If our economy is to grow we have to turn our back on the IMF and do what is right to make our economy better,
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by iyeyemi: 11:53am On Dec 20, 2011
Godman_n:

People that live in the bushes or that do not have brains to understand how the world works should close their mouths.

No wonder we are in the doldrums? Because our schools refuse to teach us; our history was dumped and pure lies put into our heads to confuse us more.

Chief, you are a slave of the world and will never be considered worthy of what gets to the Greece, the Italians, The Spanish.

Stop fooling yourself; IMF, WORLD BANK, UN etc will never threat you like the Europeans.

For your information, there is a world world ranking order

1: Western Europe and America. (For your information US, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA , including some from South Africa, and Zimbabwe are cousins of the Western Europe.).
2. The Asians
3. The South Americans
4. Other Africans (Caribeans)
5. Bloody Black Africans. (That's where me and you belong.)

Until we get this and work to reform and earn our respect; we will continue to be fooled.

I was going to argue with your assertions, but I read your post again and with the kind of unnecessary venom in your response, I had to agree with you that we are a backward people.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by olajide8(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2011
Without reading the contributions which are quite long, I would like to state this when the IMF praises us know we are dancing to their tune, and what ever we are doing is not in our best interest but in their  interest "uncle Joe" has just put our heads on a plate for them to mash into pulp.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by mbulela: 11:58am On Dec 20, 2011
were you expecting her to say anything else?
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by TenKobo1: 11:58am On Dec 20, 2011
If GEJ still has any brains remaining, that endorsement should cause him to take a u-turn because it's a bad omen.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Demdem(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2011
What angry the more reason why the retardeen must be impeached. He is not working for our interest. The other day he said foreign nations were praising him for his so called achievements but nigerians aren't.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Ess: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
sheyguy:

I consider his [/b]praise a bad news cos any nation imf deals with hardly lives to tell a good tale of such dealings. [b]He must be mocking GEJ's subsidy removal policy when he praised us there

Pally na she,

We are doomed it seems, they have finally succeeded in dealing with us via retardeen. They were not so successful with the former regimes but it seems Mr clueless has handed us over, God come to our rescue!
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by olajide8(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2011
International accolates, rather then the best wishes of the his people let the cluelessness continue I think we have to tell GEJ that government is for the governed and not international organisations and foreign western countries as what I have seen so far is that our government this one and OBJ's was being run to please international organisations and western countries clueless people.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Godmann(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
iyeyemi:

I was going to argue with your assertions, but I read your post again and with the kind of unnecessary venom in your response, I had to agree with you that we are a backward people.

If you know what you have been denied, how long it has lasted, the strategies they have employed to keep us down, the real cost; you will certainly have worse venom that I do.

Guess you are happy to be an African, living in the dark ages, in this 21st. Not because you lack head and hands to evolve and innovate like other races in the world, but because Western Europe have imposed a killing kind of leadership in us.

It is annoying, and it is only God that stopped one from joining the Usama's of this world.

All I ask is for, is us to be left alone to build our nation the way all other people of the world build theirs.

Prove me wrong. Find out who manipulatively gave you clueless GEJ, clueless Tafawa Belawa, Clueless Shagari, criminal IBB, corrupt Abubakar, dull Atiku, primitive vindictive and corrupt Obasanjo as leaders.

Find out about Patrice Lumumba and his fate, Thomas Sankara, our Muritala. Find out how Buhari/Idiagbon was removed and IBB brought in. Try to understand the old politics of SAP.

Go ask people about free trade and the harm it has done to our country and our employment opportunities; Pick your economic textbook and tell me the difference between free trade and free movement of labour. If goods can move freely across national boundaries according to economic principles, why can't labour follow suit because same advantages are applicable.

Why have your un-intelligent stooges called leaders failed to make a case for us in the world affairs. If we can't have jobs in our land because they have conspired to destroy our industries, why can't we have that job in the countries. Are the goods not sold in our lands?

I once wanted to apply for a job in Nigeria by an oil company and was told that the job is for expatriates only. This came at a time when I left Britain because I find out that all the good jobs are primarily for their people. All they have for us is for our best brains to lavish in their land doing menial jobs, wasting their career and talents. Why will the Europeans reserve jobs in their won country for their people and also reserve jobs in my own country for their people.

The answers lies in some people (Western Europe) making the rules of international engagement in their own favour while your foolish corrupt leaders follow without question, without reason.

So you expect me to be happy over these? And you expect me to be happy when my people don't get these? How many lives have been lost in our land as a result of these? Are we not also worthy humans?
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by BIGERBOY1: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
As IMF boss arrives Nigeria, it is well known that the fund had been in d past a staunch proponent of fuel subsidy removal and reduced education funding by govt. Now they have one of their own as the cordinator of our economy (finance minister). The question is what does IMF wants in Nigeria.

Ask the southamericans how their romance with IMF ended up during the argentinian debt crisis, or the south east Asian economies during their own crisis, there is not a single place where the IMF has entered which doesn't end up in crisis. Now it's Nigeria!

Convensional economics predict that an economy like that of the US and to some extent continental europe with their ageing population should have a surplus to cater for their retiring citizens, but the US has over a trillion dollars in debt. China on the other hand with it's young population and growth potentials should be financing it's investment in new growth opportunities with deficits and borrowing, but china has over a trillion dollars in reserve. Thus it's no surprise that the focus is now on Africa's reserve and resources, which will be systematically re-plundered through series of vodoonomic policies which we won't understand and neither will we care to due to our short sightedness.

What can I say except good luck Nigeria with your new found romance with the IMF.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by member479760: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
The world bank that cannot save Greece na Nigeria hin go save, yeye people.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Kx: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kx:

How on earth did u regard the above as endorsement of Jona to warrant the rants below
Godman_n:

Godman_n:

If you know what you have been denied, how long it has lasted, the strategies they have employed to keep us down, the real cost; you will certainly have worse venom that I do.

Guess you are happy to be an African, living in the dark ages,
So you expect me to be happy over these? And you expect me to be happy when my people don't get these? How many lives have been lost in our land as a result of these? Are we not also worthy humans?
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Godmann(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
Thanks guys for all the understanding. They cannot shut down internet. Very soon all of us will be aware of their antics. Then we will rise to liberate our land.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by cap28: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
The loyal slaves (Goodluck and Okonjo Iweala) are carrying out their master's instructions.

Have you heard of any african country that has ever recovered after IMF/world bank involvement?

The master has come to ensure that the so called fuel subsidy removal which is planned to take off in January is put into place but most nigerians can not even see the link between IMF and the fuel subsidy removal.

GEJ and Okonjo Iweala's plan is to grind nigerians into the dust, this is just the beginning.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by BIGERBOY1: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2011
Let me take a wild guess and any one can prove me wrong.

After subsidy has been removed some of the savings will be invested in the newly constituted IMF euro bailout fund for our "future generation". Mind u the Chinese won't invest their trillion dollars reserve in it, not even britain which is partly part of the eurpean union will invest in it. But u will soon hear that Nigeria will be investing in it. That is if pour president hasn't signed it already yesterday wit he IMF boss.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by cap28: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
IMF just finished with Greece and this is what the Greeks ended up with:

drastic wage reductions
mass job cuts
cuts in health care, education and other important social services
selling off of all govt owned assets to foreign investors
massive tax hikes
having to work beyond the statutory pensionable age

all because their irresponsible govt collaborated with american and european banks to defraud their own citizens and cover up mounting debt.

Instead of the culprits to have been brought to book for their greed and wickedness the Greek people are now being forced to pay up by way of the above mentioned methods.

Unlike the nigerians the greeks went crazy and are still resisting all of the above proposed "economic reforms"

Nigerians brace  yourselves - after fuel subsidy removal there will be more goodies in store for you courtesy of Okonjo Iweala and her crew of IMF/World bank stooges.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by kokoA(m): 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
Devil wan enta naija oooo,
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Ayor93(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
ENZO SCIFO:

Wahala dey o!!! for the ignorants if the IMF or World bank praises you that means there is something you are doing that will help foster subjugation of your economy that will benefit of the western world powers that will eventually impoverish the populace of the nation.

Go and read 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' by John Perkins (an agent of IMF and World Bank for over twenty years)
AGREE TOTALY¤

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Promised To Kill Myself Over Nnamdi Kanu See Poison / Northern Nigeria And Southern Nigeria Aren't Mates / Throwback Of Supercop Abba Kyari Arrest Of Evans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.