Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,534 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc (9169 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / How I Will Spend My Four- Day Stay In America – Buhari / Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by lanrefront1(m): 11:07am On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I'd rather we import fuel, crush the cabal that has hijacked fuel subsidy, and still pay less at the pumps. We have already beaten this refineries 'horse' a couple too many times, each time ending with not much of an improvement to the situation, and billions of naira lost down the Nigerian drain.

Rubbish comment. Go and borrow yourself a brain.

You rather we import fuel; well, that's exactly what the CABAL u want us to beleive u are against wants: for fuel-importation to continue as long as they can enable it, so that they can keep on making their billions.

Do you have any mental or intellectual grasp of what u are saying at all? If u do pls explain how "subsidy removal + fuel importation" will crush the cabal?

PEOPLE! PEOPLE!! PEOPLE!!!

How many times do we have to explain this? Subsidy removal that GEJ is proposing does not stop the CABAL (I'll rather say PDP) from milking Nigeria. What happens is this: instead of collecting the money from goverment, they will now be collecting it directly from the masses. When the populace start paying N150 or so for petrol, that's what they are paying for.
what it really is: is transfer of corruption-subsidy from neck of goverment to the neck of the masses.

The only sensible and logical way of crushing the so called CABAL is by stopping fuel importation as soon as it's possible; and the way to do this is by making it an emergency number-one priority for our refineries to start fully functioning.

But will PDP allow their greatest instrumentality (fuel-importation) for political patronage come to an end?

This is an instrumentality that was delibrately-painstakinly created by sabotaging the nation's refineries.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by wesley80(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2011
Bawss1:

Did somebody steal Wesley80's ID and password to post this? I never thought I'd see the day when you'd call the GEJ govt to question.  shocked grin

Abeg go one side first jo, this isnt about the GEJ govt but a faulty economic policy with potentially far reaching consequences that is about to be forced down our throats in the name of making our lives better. I have NEVER spoken in favour of Privatization (at least not in the form our policy makers seem to favour) neither did I join you lot in hailing Iweala's appointment cos from her antecedents, her leanings were obvious, you dont get to the level she got without becoming a Western Capitalist robot. So honestly, i dont know what you're talking about.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by aljharem3: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2011
9jaganja:

Lagos doesn't need a refinery in Lagos; she needs one close to her!!! Geezz help one of those dying states at least damn!!!!!

Who are those thinking for this administration? Lagos can survive alone without anymore aid from FG. Let Lagos have her port and go build a refinery in Ekiti state, Ebonyi, Zamfara or even make Kwara better developed by putting a refinery in say oro, Omu Aran, Offa, Ajase Ipo or something. Lagos doesn't need anything from FG! and this is coming from an Awori!!!

Lagos is already polluted as it is a refinery in Lagos will worsen situation seriously and don't even mention putting a refinery in Badagry, Help a dying state out seriously Ebonyi is nothing to write home about, Ekiti people are surviving on traditional modes of trade and businesses which the government can't even venture in to generate revenue as that will be chaotic!!!

Seriously, this government is clueless, If I were GEJ, I'll fire all advisers and use think tanks instead. There are think tank agencies working all over Africa and are actually doing litt

thank you

There is no moral justification to build the LARGEST REFINAERY IN LAGOS !!!!! I am egun-awori as well

While a state like Balysea is still there without any improvement, our government thinks it is the best interest of the people keep concentrating all her developments in ONE STATE.

I rather it is built in balysea so as to employ youths majorly from the oil producing community.

WHAT A HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT !!!!
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by wesley80(m): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2011
oyb:

just some gej dunces trying to appear literate by imitating their betters tongue

Surely by 'betters' you werent referring to your pathetic self were you?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
lanre_front:

Rubbish comment. Go and borrow yourself a brain.

You rather we import fuel; well, that's exactly what the CABAL u want us to beleive u are against wants: for fuel-importation to continue as long as they can enable it, so that they can keep on making their billions.

Do you have any mental or intellectual grasp of what u are saying at all? If u do pls explain how "subsidy removal + fuel importation" will  crush the cabal?

PEOPLE! PEOPLE!! PEOPLE!!!

How many times do we have to explain this? Subsidy removal that GEJ is proposing does not stop the CABAL (I'll rather say PDP) from milking Nigeria. What happens is this: instead of collecting the money from goverment, they will now be collecting it directly from the masses. When the populace start paying N150 or so for petrol, that's what they are paying for.
what it really is: is transfer of corruption-subsidy from neck of goverment to the neck of the masses.

The only sensible and logical way of crushing the so called CABAL is by stopping fuel importation as soon as it's possible; and the way to do this is by making it an emergency number-one priority for our refineries to start fully functioning.

But will PDP allow their greatest instrumentality (fuel-importation) for political patronage come to an end?

This is an instrumentality that was delibrately-painstakinly created by sabotaging the nation's refineries.

Isn' the one who believes there is actually a real 'Cabal'/OJUJU calabar in all this, the one with the rubbish brain? What Cabal, by the way? 50 or so individuals/companies who, PDP(Obasanjo, Yar adua, and now Jonathan) has refused to touch for the better part of the last 12 years? Are those the people you label a Cabal? Or wait, you think it is PDP itself, don't you? You should be ashamed of yourself that even attempted to post this in response to my post there.

Look at this nimrod telling me the same PDP whose Flag Jonathan is flying is to be assumed the Cabal? Are you alright at all? Next, time you think to respond to my post, please kindly note that you are entering a NO BRAIN-FART ZONE, and brain-farts will be cut down appropriately.

Now . . .  as I said . . .

I'd rather we import fuel, crush the cabal that has hijacked fuel subsidy, and still pay less at the pumps. We have already beaten this refineries 'horse' a couple too many times, each time ending with not much of an improvement to the situation, and billions of naira lost down the Nigerian drain.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by az77zy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
D best we can do in this dullard gej subsidy matter is to come out and support labor, civil liberty organisation and others to protest and make this country standstill until an atom of intelligence can be seen in gej to do the right thing
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
az77zy:

D best we can do in this dullard gej subsidy matter is to come out and support labor, civil liberty organisation and others to protest and make this country standstill until an atom of intelligence can be seen in gej to do the right thing

Ever ask yourself what protesting will really accomplish here? We have seen the numbers -- it doesn't look good either way for the Nigerian people. Not as long as the underlying issues are not resolved.

Those protesting seem more concerned about the president not removing subsidy removal. But what about the problem with the Cabal? No one seems to be saying anything about that at all. Also, when subsidy is eventually removed in a couple of days, there does not seem much of a plan to help cushion the impact on the common man.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by az77zy(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
@kobo labor has already told gej the right thing to do which is building more refineries and puting the present one in functiönal state. Once this is done, the importations will stop and the cabal will have no more business to do with subsidy and the subsidy itself will die a natural death. That is the right thing labor has been telling this blockheaded gej o yet he said no.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
az77zy:

@kobo labor has already told gej the right thing to do which is building more refineries and puting the present one in functiönal state. Once this is done, the importations will stop and the cabal will have no more business to do with subsidy and the subsidy itself will die a natural death. That is the right thing labor has been telling this blockheaded gej o yet he said no.

How sure are you that building more refineries is the right thing to do? We are still struggling to maintain the ones we have at 30% capacity. Does building more of the same make sense at this time? Yes, we do have refineries that could tremendously help in reducing our dependence on import but we have not been able to adequately maintain them. I don't see the sense in building more at this time, sorry. So, I don't think Labor quite has it right.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by az77zy(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
@kobo u nid to stop talking like someone wit epilepsy. Shuo! If the present refineries are not functioning it is because of sabotage so that they will continue to import and do business as usual. Wake up man this is why we need to rise up and put a stop to this nonesense
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2011
az77zy:

@kobo u nid to stop talking like someone wit epilepsy. Shuo! If the present refineries are not functioning it is because of sabotage so that they will continue to import and do business as usual. Wake up man this is why we need to rise up and put a stop to this nonesense

From where I sit, you are the one QUICK to MANUFACTURE EXCUSES for why things are not working.

So you claim the reason why the present refineries are not functioning even at half capacity is because of sabotage, huh? Let's pretend what you have there makes sense for a  minute or two. Now, If after throwing billions of dollars at the problem for the past 12 years, we still have not been able to adequately tackle this problem of 'Sabotage', how do you figure that building new refineries will make the problem disappear?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

How can I rise up with you when I am not even sure you are in touch with the reality of the issue here. Same thing I thought of those who protested to get Jonathan installed as president back in 2010 without adequately considering what that really meant. It is one thing to protest, and another to protest for the right thing.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by az77zy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
@kobo okay i c ur angle of thinking now and i think u make a sense please forgive me. Realy from what u r say if the corruption/cabals that has kept the present refineries from function is/are not dealt with, it means building new ones will make no sense. Chei na wa o. So that means if gej is not willing to deal with this cabal wether subsidy go or remain we will continue 2 suffer. Well na bloody revolution we need be that o. Kobo u r right. 4giv me
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
az77zy:

@kobo okay i c your angle of thinking now and i think u make a sense please forgive me. Realy from what u r say if the corruption/cabals that has kept the present refineries from function is/are not dealt with, it means building new ones will make no sense. Chei na wa o. So that means if gej is not willing to deal with this cabal wether subsidy go or remain we will continue 2 suffer. Well na bloody revolution we need be that o. Kobo u r right. 4giv me

[size=14pt]KACHING!!![/size]

If we remove subsidy, and the same batch of importers continue being used, or we replace them all with a new batch, what stops them from manipulating prices, or corrupting the 'new' process even still?

If we however decide to invest heavily in building of new refineries( probably looking at at least 2 years to build each one of them),to appease Labor and the protesters, are we saying we want to continue allowing the current Oil moguls to continue to suck at subsidy for another 2-3 years without doing anything about it? Also, are we saying that the new refineries will AUTOMAGICALLY make things all work fine when we have 3 that are struggling to maintain 30% capacity still?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by az77zy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
The real solution is therefore strong laws that will enforce accountability, equality and honesty
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by gists: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ever ask yourself what protesting will really accomplish here? We have seen the numbers -- it doesn't look good either way for the Nigerian people. Not as long as the underlying issues are not resolved.

Those protesting seem more concerned about the president not removing subsidy removal. But what about the problem with the Cabal? No one seems to be saying anything about that at all. Also, when subsidy is eventually removed in a couple of days, there does not seem much of a plan to help cushion the impact on the common man.

Those protesting probably understands that dia is practically nothing that can be done that will make some cabals not benefit? Eradicating one will most likely give rise to another. That's why its best to let the subsidy stay so the people will not suffer the imminent hardship even if it means some people are feeding on it for now. What good will it be for the people if you block the so called cabals and the people pay many times more for the same products? And I can bet their will still be some cabals benefitting from the subsidy removal as well.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
gists:

Those protesting probably understands that dia is practically nothing that can be done that will make some cabals not benefit? Eradicating one will most likely give rise to another. That's why its best to let the subsidy stay so the people will not suffer the imminent hardship even if it means some people are feeding on it for now. What good will it be for the people if you block the so called cabals and the people pay many times more for the same products? And I can bet their will still be some cabals benefitting from the subsidy removal as well.

I don't think it wise to continue to ignore the realities especially as concerns the numbers. We know now that the group of oil marketers are essentially milking us. They get to pocket the majority of the subsidies while only a small percentage trickles down to the Nigerian people at the end of the day. I don't think it makes sense to suggest that the status quo continue -- definitely not the best.

I also do not think the 'cabal' needs to be blocked. For one all they have done is take advantage of loopholes provided them by those we have in government. If the government closes up those loop holes, the same marketers can continue supplying refined fuel while subsidy stays. If we do not demand that government step in and close up those holes, then I don't see the great good in protesting.

NOTE: I am against subsidy removal but I am not for the status quo continuing. Now, not every person out there is the same.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by gists: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't think it wise to continue to ignore the realities especially as concerns the numbers. We know now that the group of oil marketers are essentially milking us. They get to pocket the majority of the subsidies while only a small percentage trickles down to the Nigerian people at the end of the day. I don't think it makes sense to suggest that the status quo continue -- definitely not the best.

I also do not think the 'cabal' needs to be blocked. For one all they have done is take advantage of loopholes provided them by those we have in government. If the government closes up those loop holes, the same marketers can continue supplying refined fuel while subsidy stays. If we do not demand that government step in and close up those holes, then I don't see the great good in protesting.

NOTE: I am against subsidy removal but I am not for the status quo continuing. Now, not every person out there is the same.

To a large extent, I agree. But if you have a gov that puts an economic think-tank together and in their wisdom they think the best way to plug the loopholes is by removing subsidy then I'm sorry I'll have to go with the status quo. Mind you, can you vouch for these Aso rock thieves that they will honestly want to plug the loopholes? Can you stick your neck out that they are not the profitting cabals. The Nigerian gov have always been giving annoying excuses to justify stealing from the people even more. Like they take us for f00ls or something. I remember during OBJ, an excuse of curbing smugglers from export petroleum product to west African state was to reduce their profit margin by reducing the subsidy. The same scenario is playing out now in a new disguise.

It will be nice if the loopholes can be blocked. But in the absence of a better idea of how that can be done other than making the people pay many times more, I'll rather stick to the status quo
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
gists:

To a large extent, I agree. But if you have a gov that puts an economic think-tank together and in their wisdom they think the best way to plug the loopholes is by removing subsidy then I'm sorry I'll have to go with the status quo. Mind you, can you vouch for these Aso rock thieves that they will honestly want to plug the loopholes?

I will not even shed a tear for any Nigerian Politician; will not even loose a skin cell voluntarily on behalf of any politician. Now that we have dealt with that, lets move on.

We know, from our goverment finally opening up, that we cannot sustain the status quo. Trillions of dollars with probably less than 5% actually trickling down is a MIGHTY WASTE of our limited resources, and is unsustainable.

gists:

Can you stick your neck out that they are not the profitting cabals. The Nigerian gov have always been giving annoying excuses to justify stealing from the people even more. Like they take us for f00ls or something. I remember during OBJ, an excuse of curbing smugglers from export petroleum product to west African state was to reduce their profit margin by reducing the subsidy. The same scenario is playing out now in a new disguise.

Again, I don't intend to even loose a hair cell for any politician out there. That aside, what makes you think they do not now benefit from the status quo? I mean for the last 12 years, we have essentially pretended, at one time or another,to want to tackle this oil imports issue. We have thrown billions of dollars at the problem, only for the politicians to quiet down after a while. Are you certain they do not now gain a lot from the current situation, but in the name of development are willing to maybe curb the flow --- I say curb because I do not see how subdidy removal closes the WASTAGE TAP yet. Seems a lot more like efforts to divert the funds, since not much is being done in the area of actually closing up loopholes.

gists:

It will be nice if the loopholes can be blocked. But in the absence of a better idea of how that can be done other than making the people pay many times more, I'll rather stick to the status quo
What better idea do you need than a simple suggestion to have all loopholes that currently allow a few men take about 90% of the benefits that ought to be shared by all Nigerians? Why does it confound you? Why is an idea as simple as that not good enough?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Beaf: 12:26am On Dec 21, 2011
az77zy:
That is because the cabals dont want the refineries to work. It is only in nigeria refineries can't work because certain people don't want refineries. Come to think of it with more refineries in place there wil be more jobs both directly and indirectly and with the surplus fuel we can then allow market prices to take control. Bros there is no subsidy they just want to extort money from the masses by increasing fuel price

slam on the money! cool
Nigeria is an incredibly corrupt country and corruption has its dark webs and cold tentacles reaching deep into organisations, associations and the street. It is an ugly, all pervasive fabric that forms a national straitjacket against progress. Just as we hear that the N20 police collect at the roadside is a racket that reaches the highest police offices, so there are men who are richer than the country; they collude with the likes of Shell and control the oil unions. They have not committed any crimes, because their trade is "legal," so they cannot be pursued and jailed. The only way to get them, is sweep away the system.

There are things GEJ can see that we can't. There are things that sicken him enough to feel that the system must be torn down and heaven wishes, let it fall.
The FG gave 18 licenses out for private refineries, donkey years ago. You know what? Not a single foundation stone has been laid! The big question is, why? Yet a license that was given for a smallscale one in Port Harcourt in 2010 has resulted in our very first operational private refinery in 2011. That further begs the question of why the 18 largescale refineries are not being built.

I imagine that the 18 largescale refineries would be swimming in the same pond as the fuel importers and they have either been "persuaded" with threats or taken a look at the subsidised market and backed off. I tend to believe that it is a mixture of both.

IMHO, if we dig deeper into the reason none of the 18 refineries has even bought the first bag of cement to start construction after donkey years, we will find the reason why GEJ is ready to play the zero sum game and dare anyone.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by gists: 1:59am On Dec 21, 2011
The question that still begs for answer is why is it that its the people that should be made the sacrificial lamb once again? What has the regular everyday Chinedu/Aliyu/Segun got to gain if he has to pay 3x more just to ensure some millionaire Otedola et al stops feeding fat from the loophole intentionally created by those who are telling us the subsidy has to go? I don't like the status quo and I am not saying the loopholes should not be blocked but am I supposed to trust GEJ when he says the only way that can be done is for us to pay more?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by olawalebabs(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2011
Government should come up with another reasonable reason why we should support the removal of fuel subsidy. is it that they want more money to spend on their frivolous and wasteful way of life (budgeted 1b naira for food in the presidency this year). Lets ask them, when Obj said monetization will reduce the cost of governance, is that the case today? fuel subsidy will result in the same way. government should brace up and face the cabal and should not let the innocent citizens suffers for the sin of the few.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2011
gists:

The question that still begs for answer is why is it that its the people that should be made the sacrificial lamb once again? What has the regular everyday Chinedu/Aliyu/Segun got to gain if he has to pay 3x more just to ensure some millionaire Otedola et al stops feeding fat from the loophole intentionally created by those who are telling us the subsidy has to go? I don't like the status quo and I am not saying the loopholes should not be blocked but am I supposed to trust GEJ when he says the only way that can be done is for us to pay more?

Well, unfortunately, you have to trust him since we handed him the mandate only last April. The status quo cannot continue, yet the removal of subsidy spells hardship for the common man. We can only pray at this point that the people will wake up to demand concrete change. Until then, what can one really do?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by warrior01: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2011
@kobo,
for the very first time I'm liking your analogy. you really have your thinking cap on. kudos
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Kx: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
What will they not do with the proceeds of subsidy?
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by ogbongzky(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nonsense, Professionall scammers.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by MORNDEW(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
let him forget about this subsidy and repair the existing refinery to work in full capacity.
cos, it will bring untold hardship to the people. This is real ''HARSHSIDY''
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
Question to forumites: would we be talking about refineries not working if they were run by the likes of Shell, ExxonMobil or Chevron and not by the incompetent and corrupt Nigerian government / civil servants.

Why do we keep insisting the FG build and run refineries that it clearly lacks the capacity to do. Didn't the Obasanjo government privatize those drain pipes called refineries only for Nigerians to be up in arms and insist the FG seize it back and run it. Now they are crying that the FG can't run the same damn refineries. What do Nigerians really want?

Would a cabal be able to prevent privately run refineries from working and would they be left to rot if owned by firms with profit motives in mind?
We continue to insist the government participate in business activities yet don't want the attendant consequences of that decision: incompetence and sleaze.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by juman(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
The subsidy MUST go.
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by ochukoccna: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
GEJs manifold blessings to Nigerians
1)B/Haram insurgency&added insecurity
2)Increase in PHCN tarriff&blackouts
3)Devaluation of Naira
4)Dame Patience verbal bullets
5)Business as usual policies
6)Deterioration of federal roads&reintroduction of tolls
7)Removal of Fuel Subsidy
     More in the making,
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by cardoso111(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
A governement that gives 2naira and collects 3naira back is no government!Subsidy removal makes the poor man worse because so far nothing has been said on how much direct subsidy i get!
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by LoveDecay(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
Why is everybody shouting goodluck, the real problem is our sister from the east, that daughter of jezebel who claims to be a Nigeriana'

Yes, am talking bout IWEALA - the agent of the west!!! Wen she came she said she wants "autonomy" freedom, why!
And why did our president give this women such powers to dictate, she carries the wishes of the west - and that is what is manifesting in this country.

So- far the only good thing GEJ has done in the country is "sanusi the stubborn". And, Sanusi has only survived amidst this 'Poo' cos of his arrogance and belief in Nigerians making policies for Nigerian's .

Sanusi never acceted any suggestions from the west - if he did only God knows how much the Naira would be worth - Yet - whole pres. of the 6th largest prod. of oils is taking orders from a woman who does not live in Nigerian and has worked for the west for two long.

The position she occupies - should tell you how deep she has gone into the west's ideology! cool

I know that fuel subsidy will not work and GEJ should start packing his bags to vacate ASO ROCK becos - AREWA is coming back.

He should run fast becos - boys goy fall 'im hand. GEJ don Jones, b4 south go see power again------ we go cry wella first tongue
Re: How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ Kobojunkie, from your post your assert for supply to be greater than demand so that price will fall, forget it, it doesn't work like that in Nigeria because the cabals you mentioned would not allow new investor into the oil business. I remember, a friend told me that he liaised with a foreign firm to import diesel and sell at a lower price some years back but he was threaten by these so called cabals. Deregulation will only strengthen those oil firms to inflict hardship on the masses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash / 2019: Jonathan Says Pdp’s Primary Election Will Be Free, Fair / Absence Of Kalu From Court Stalls Hearing In Alleged N7.65bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.