Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,096 members, 7,842,147 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1648750 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mynd44:

Who should he pass to? Those boys he plays with are just boys abeg

he needs to start trusting them jare
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
r231:

he needs to start trusting them jare

Kobe is being Kobe, he is being himself. Those guys need to step up to him and get those rebounds

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by tex25: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Cnt believe the young Timberwolves beat the Nets, Heat on 2 game losing streak, Lebron a curse or blessing to the cavs??....As they continue to see defeat (1-3)
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:10am On Nov 06, 2014
@tex25
Too soon.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Who should he pass to? Those boys he plays with are just boys abeg
I understand I'm a diehard fan of Kobe but 37 shots is too much! 20 is ok maybe 25 or max 30 but 37 is OTT he needs to cut that out and get others involved! He can't do it all by himself

As for the Cavs well I still think their bench is too weak! Kyrie cannot guard a dead body (there's a reason that team has not come anywhere close to playoff contention since he got there) ditto Kevin Love

The East is wide open to be honest there's no standout team there not even the Bulls
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
Which Position do you think is the Most Important in Basketball ?
I used to think its the point Guard now I think its the Center
Re: The NBA Begins by easyelliot(m): 12:50am On Nov 11, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Point guard who can also score, sort of like tony Parker is ideal in today's game. A center is at the mercy of his teammates to get him the ball, but the pg, the ball is in his hands all day he determines who gets touches.

Pg is the more important position, IMO.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Nov 11, 2014
Back to back wins especially the last one against a deeper and potent Bulls teams in Chicago.., Olynyk, Sulinger, Zeller and Pressy seem to be have gained enough experience from their first season..

Way too early to have any sort of expectations from this team, but the potentials and prospects are huge..

I wish Marcus Smart a quicker recovery..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:54am On Nov 11, 2014
Roland17:
Back to back wins especially the last one against a deeper and potent Bulls teams in Chicago.., Olynyk, Sulinger, Zeller and Pressy seem to be have gained enough experience from their first season..

Way too early to have any sort of expectations from this team, but the potentials and prospects are huge..

I wish Marcus Smart a quicker recovery..

fools gold brother. its just november...no one is really balling yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Nov 11, 2014
birdman:

fools gold brother. its just november...no one is really balling yet.

BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!

Was wondering if you would ever show up this season.. Nice to have you..

If u read my statement or any of my posts about my team recently, there is no place where I have had any sort of expectation(s) including making the playoffs for the Celtics..I am also following in the rebuilding process but not ignorant of the strides made by this young roaster..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Roland17:

BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!

Was wondering if you would ever show up this season.. Nice to have you..

If u read my statement or any of my posts about my team recently, there is no place where I have had any sort of expectation(s) including making the playoffs for the Celtics..I am also following in the rebuilding process but not ignorant of the strides made by this young roaster..

I know... I just had to add some sauce to the already obvious tongue

In other news, I have to doff my hat to Kobe. Dude is battling father time every minute on the court..I wonder what the lakers do if they realize they cant make the playoffs for the next 2 seasons. Tank and trade Kobe?
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2014
Mynd44:
The Lakers will make the playoffs. I pray they do.

Amen o cheesy

1-5 now
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2014
r231:

sad and bad......

when stup1d kobe refuse to pass the dammm ball grin

Shooting guard and not a passing guard cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Nba fanatics na here una come hide chai ! Lol

Cavaliers Fans !! Like my post if you are one

#Lebron #Kyrie #Love

Lebron on a tripple double last night,was epic to see him stepping up to the play

Lebron was asked before the game - Lebron why haven't we seen lotta dunks from you
MVP replies - I'm sorry I haven't been above the rim of late,I wld get things done tonight lol how I love this guy ! #nohome
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Definately the point guard,he runs the court
Run the play,find the open man,get buckets
Tho centres too determine in a way !
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2014
A40:

I understand I'm a diehard fan of Kobe but 37 shots is too much! 20 is ok maybe 25 or max 30 but 37 is OTT he needs to cut that out and get others involved! He can't do it all by himself

As for the Cavs well I still think their bench is too weak! Kyrie cannot guard a dead body (there's a reason that team has not come anywhere close to playoff contention since he got there) ditto Kevin Love

The East is wide open to be honest there's no standout team there not even the Bulls

Really Cavs weak bench ?
Tristian thompson,james jones,waiters,mike miller ? Naa mehn
With time ! They just trying to flow atm
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Bobbieydeey:
Nba fanatics na here una come hide chai ! Lol

Cavaliers Fans !! Like my post if you are one

#Lebron #Kyrie #Love

Lebron on a tripple double last night,was epic to see him stepping up to the play

Lebron was asked before the game - Lebron why haven't we seen lotta dunks from you
MVP replies - I'm sorry I haven't been above the rim of late,I wld get things done tonight lol how I love this guy ! #nohome

Old or new Cav's fan?
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2014
kliq:

Old or new Cav's fan?

Old mehn ! Knew james was gonna come bk when he left but I wasn't soo sure when
Tho I joined the heat bandwagon for a while lol I won't lie
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2014
Bobbieydeey:

Old mehn ! Knew james was gonna come bk when he left but I wasn't soo sure when
Tho I joined the heat bandwagon for a while lol I won't lie

Lol that's it....u left when James 1st left and you guys are back together...plastic Cav's fan cheesy

You are a Lebron fan
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2014
kliq:

Lol that's it....u left when James 1st left and you guys are back together...plastic Cav's fan cheesy

You are a Lebron fan

Lol well,for a while lol not immediately he left me too I followed naa
But its all good,atleast he's BACK !
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bobbieydeey:

Lol well,for a while lol not immediately he left me too I followed naa
But its all good,atleast he's BACK !

Good for you guys and the League,the Eastern Conference is a bit competitive now.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 5:12am On Nov 12, 2014
So, the LA lakers lose again, K. Bryant, Points: 28, Reb: 7, Ast: 6, Stl: 4, Blk: 0.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:25am On Nov 12, 2014
addempsea:
So, the LA lakers lose again, K. Bryant, Points: 28, Reb: 7, Ast: 6, Stl: 4, Blk: 0.

I think we and the media are paying too much attention on Kobe and the Lakers, granted they are a storied franchise but it's obvious there is nothing to be expected from this team, I feel there is a conscious effort by the media to beat Kobe dead and his stats down considering it's the tail end of his career and his recent contract..

Kobe is no kid in this game, he has come a very long way..I am an ardent follower of the NBA and religiously bleed green but I have got huge respect for Kobe irrespective of the rivalry between us, his talent, poise, courage and determination to remain relevant is unrivaled especially in the modern era, thus let's stop these crappy talk about his numbers and annoying comparisons with mediocre talents, Kobe would always be Kobe, whenever his numbers dwindled and he is unable to play on a high level he would retire, but until that time comes, let's give the Lakers and Kobe the chance to rebuild and salvage what is left of this season without expectations.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 5:34am On Nov 12, 2014
Roland17:

I think we and the media are paying too much attention on Kobe and the Lakers, granted they are a storied franchise but it's obvious there is nothing to be expected from this team, I feel there is a conscious effort by the media to beat Kobe dead and his stats down considering it's the tail end of his career and his recent contract..

Kobe is no kid in this game, he has come a very long way..I am an ardent follower of the NBA and religiously bleed green but I have got huge respect for Kobe irrespective of the rivalry between us, his talent, poise, courage and determination to remain relevant is unrivaled especially in the modern era, thus let's stop these crappy talk about his numbers and annoying comparisons with mediocre talents, Kobe would always be Kobe, whenever his numbers dwindled and he is unable to play on a high level he would retire, but until that time comes, let's give the Lakers and Kobe the chance to rebuild and salvage what is left of this season without expectations.
I think the point here is that, the lakers can't just rely on Kobe, he had 28points and they lost. The other night he had 31points and they still lost. So the lakers are in deep sh*t.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:01am On Nov 12, 2014
addempsea:
I think the point here is that, the lakers can't just rely on Kobe, he had 28points and they lost. The other night he had 31points and they still lost. So the lakers are in deep sh*t.

You are having expectations from this Lakers roaster? Are you kidding me?

No one and I mean absolutely no one from the front office to the fan base has any sort of expectation from this team, this team is going through a phase and post season ambitions is a long shot considering it's the dreaded western conference, so it does not matter how many buckets Kobe makes or his assists, there is no supporting cast to help Kobe and not that Kobe is unreliable..a roaster with Lin, an outcasted C. Boozer, R. Price, Jordan hill, Wesley Johnson, Ed Davies rotating as first team players....compare that mediocre roaster to the Blazers, Kings, Warriors, Suns...am not even mentioning the big boys from the west..

Limit your expectations from Kobe and the Lakers, enjoy them whenever you can watch them play and if you never watched Kobe in the 90's, youtube is free, there are tons of videos and highlights...
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 6:38am On Nov 12, 2014
addempsea:

Kobe needs a 2nd hand man,maybe a third sef !
With gasol leaving mehn
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2014
Kobe isn't my favourite player and the lakers aren't making the playoffs,
Lets just enjoy kobe average 30pts per game his the reason laker organization still fill seats
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2014
Roland17:

Respect Sir! cool
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2014
addempsea:

The Lakers are now 1-6 sad
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 8:48am On Nov 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
CLEVELAND -- The NBA has stripped LeBron James of a
triple-double.

After reviewing film of the Cavaliers' 118-111 win
Monday night over New Orleans, the league took away
a rebound and assist from James, who initially had
been credited with his 38th career triple double -- at
least 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.

James finished with 32 points, 11 rebounds and nine
assists as the Cavs improved to 3-3.

The league routinely reviews videotape to maintain the
integrity of statistics.

With 3:27 left in third quarter, James was incorrectly
awarded an assist when he tipped the ball to Tristan
Thompson, who passed to Kyrie Irving for a layup. In
the fourth quarter, James was given an offensive
rebound that should have gone to teammate Mike
Miller.

League spokesman Tim Frank said the changes have
been made to the official box score.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
As an athlete.....I gained something from kobe's new record for missed field goals.
- now D.rose is really tinkin abt his future these days.....so no more risky plays....smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (2241) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.