Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,219 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1636718 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Things are picking up nicely

Ariza to the Rockets

Gasol to the Bulls

Pierce to the Wizards

Deng potentially to the Heat

And the Rockets are not matching the Mavs offer sheet for Chandler Parsons
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
A40: Things are picking up nicely

Ariza to the Rockets

Gasol to the Bulls

Pierce to the Wizards

Deng potentially to the Heat

And the Rockets are not matching the Mavs offer sheet for Chandler Parsons

Deng to Heat; Lebron to Cavs. basically the 2 teams swapped small forwards with the Heat getting the very light version. New big "3" Bosh, Deng and Wade. Jeez Heat fans are in for a very long season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:29am On Jul 15, 2014
occam:

Deng to Heat; Lebron to Cavs. basically the 2 teams swapped small forwards with the Heat getting the very light version. New big "3" Bosh, Deng and Wade. Jeez Heat fans are in for a very long season.
Don't sleep on Deng bro. He's been an All-star and can still give you 14-18pts on any given night plus an excellent defender too! The key here is D.Wade's health if he is healthy the Heat are still a top 4 team in the East
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:17am On Jul 15, 2014
A40:
Wade and Bosh not good enough? When did I say that you ret@rd! So a player slowly edging past their prime means they are not good enough? Is that what it means in Simpletonia where you obviously come from? You are just a big eediot and arguing with you is simply a waste of time

at least you have learnt some new words. i thought you were going to go megedefegede again. we thank God for that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
birdman:

at least you have learnt some new words. i thought you were going to go megedefegede again. we thank God for that cheesy
You ought to change your name from birdman to birdbrain. Ozwor that cannot understand simple English
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:31am On Jul 16, 2014
A40:
You ought to change your name from birdman to birdbrain. Ozwor that cannot understand simple English

Ozwor? mi o gbo yen ri tongue . Bbros take it easy o, its only a forum. lmao

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:07am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
^^^^^^
LMFAO. cheesy guess we no longer have heat's fans around anymore.....burning of jerseys mode activated cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
kliq: ^^^^^^
LMFAO. cheesy guess we no longer have heat's fans around anymore.....burning of jerseys mode activated cheesy

i still like the heat team but this was funny. cant wait for the heat-cavaliers games
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
birdman:

i still like the heat team but this was funny. cant wait for the heat-cavaliers games

Yeah,I just would like the East to be more competitive.....heard Cavs wants kevin love in exchange for wiggins and bennett

Lakers got boozer,ed davies....not expecting much from team this season tho
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
its funny how LBJ news crowded out everything else. There has been some major moves under the radar.

Pau to Bulls shocked
Pierce to Wizards
Parsons to Mavericks

These were all "contender" teams that lost in Game 6 or 7 due to lack of depth or experience. I still see the heat as favorites for the ECF. Even without LBJ that lineup and depth is crazy. Probably joined by the Bulls if Drose is healthy (fool ruined my fantasy team last year angry )
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Stephenson to the Hornets is a big deal and maybe knocks out Indy from the list of ECF contenders. Huge huge loss on both sides of the floor! He was sort of an auxiliary PG which makes it even worse cos they are now stuck with George Hill
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Wishing Paul George quick recovery, that injury looked horrific.. all the best George, come back stronger..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Get well soon PG............get bak stronger hoopstar*
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
LeBron finally gets Love on his team

The Wolves did well too,they got Wiggins,Bennett,young and future pick.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
kliq: LeBron finally gets Love on his team

The Wolves did well too,they got Wiggins,Bennett,young and future pick.

Wiggins will have enough room to flourish @ d wolves.
I hope kyrie will be comfortable shring the ball with LBJ--we knw LBJ overshdows his PGs nd only needs a passing guard
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
joephemzyz:

Wiggins will have enough room to flourish @ d wolves.
I hope kyrie will be comfortable shring the ball with LBJ--we knw LBJ overshdows his PGs nd only needs a passing guard

Yeah,cool for wiggins and the wolves....Kyrie shouldn't have problems with that only needs put in more effort
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
kliq:

Yeah,cool for wiggins and the wolves....Kyrie shouldn't have problems with that only needs put in more effort

Hmmn.........seems #okc haven't been traading
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
joephemzyz:

Hmmn.........seems #okc haven't been traading

Oh well,I'm more concerned about my lakers....another tough season awaits us,hopefully we get KD when he becomes a free. Agent cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
kliq:

Oh well,I'm more concerned about my lakers....another tough season awaits us,hopefully we get KD when he becomes a free. Agent cheesy

grin
Big dreams bro
But in LIN uve got hope .........sum freakish miracle myt jus happen
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
joephemzyz:

grin
Big dreams bro
But in LIN uve got hope .........sum freakish miracle myt jus happen

Lol

Forget lin jor
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tough break for my boy Paul George just too bad seeing him go out like that but I'm sure he would bounce back, letting Stephenson their 2nd best player was phoolish from the Pacers now they might as well tank and try to get a high draft pick

Getting Love was quite the coup now all that's left is to teach him and Kyrie how to play defence. Its a bit suprising that the best rebounder of the league is quite an average borderline poor defender, let's see if trading of Wiggins would pay off, the T-Wolves also have lots of youth now and with the top 2 picks in the last two drafts have a chance to build a contender

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
So as speculated and previously calculated Rajon Rondo and handed a request to be traded, the Celtics wants him traded to the Kings who desperately want to sign him, but Rondo does not want to be traded to the Kings and has promised not to resign with the Kings if the deal is forced through..

After we drafted Marcus Smart I knew the die was cast, it had always been cast anyways especially after the exodus of two seasons ago, especially after Doc Rivers left, I wish him all the best, it would be very selfish for me to wish he stays with us, the rebuilding currently going on would take years to bare fruits, Rondo is still very young and deserves to compete and play for the best teams in the NBA..

Whenever the trade happens, I hope it's done without animosity..

#bloodrunsgreen
Re: The NBA Begins by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please let's have the latest NBA transfers
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2014
pls, when is the new NBA regular season gonna start?
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
joephemzyz: pls, when is the new NBA regular season gonna start?

October 28

The basketball world cup is on
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
kliq:

October 28

The basketball world cup is on

I have enjoyed the FIBA World Cup currently being help in Spain, the US are without super stars like Bron Bron, KD, Melo, Blake Griffin and lost Paul George to that horrific injury but are not lacking in guard play especially with the return of Rose who has had a spectacular comeback thus far albeit with his minutes religiously managed by the US considering tom thibodeau combines as the assistant coach of the US, there is also Kyrie, the beard man of Houston, Anthony Davis who I consider the MVP of this team, the splash brothers of golden state, the manimal of Denver cousins, Rudy gay and the of course Pumlee, this roaster is filled with guards thus they are super fast but play selfish sometimes and lack chemistry too..

Every one is looking forward to the already predictable finals against Spain, who boast of the best of the best, the Gasol brothers, Serge Ibaka, Ricky Rubio, Calderon and not forgetting Rudy Fernandez, there is balance with this team and chemistry because they have been together for a very long time compared to the US and they also have size which the US lacks but compensates with pace..

I am soooo looking forward to this predictable final..
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Cool analysis

I have not been following this fiba world cup but heard team is doing great and then D rose struggling with a couple of turn overs here and there, I'm definitely going to see the game against spain.....do you think they have a chance against the spainish team?

Roland17:

I have enjoyed the FIBA World Cup currently being help in Spain, the US are without super stars like Bron Bron, KD, Melo, Blake Griffin and lost Paul George to that horrific injury but are not lacking in guard play especially with the return of Rose who has had a spectacular comeback thus far albeit with his minutes religiously managed by the US considering tom thibodeau combines as the assistant coach of the US, there is also Kyrie, the beard man of Houston, Anthony Davis who I consider the MVP of this team, the splash brothers of golden state, the manimal of Denver cousins, Rudy gay and the of course Pumlee, this roaster is filled with guards thus they are super fast but play selfish sometimes and lack chemistry too..

Every one is looking forward to the already predictable finals against Spain, who boast of the best of the best, the Gasol brothers, Serge Ibaka, Ricky Rubio, Calderon and not forgetting Rudy Fernandez, there is balance with this team and chemistry because they have been together for a very long time compared to the US and they also have size which the US lacks but compensates with pace..

I am soooo looking forward to this predictable final..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
kliq: Cool analysis

I have not been following this fiba world cup but heard team is doing great and then D rose struggling with a couple of turn overs here and there, I'm definitely going to see the game against spain.....do you think they have a chance against the spainish team?

First off, Rose has been above decent if you consider how long he has been away from the game, his speed and control are top notch, his minutes are been restricted so it's hard to get rhythm sometimes but he is doing very well, I have watched all his games from the preseason to the FIBA World Cup and I think he would have a dominant season..

As for the finals, it's a very very tough call for the US, they are mostly inexperienced in Euro basketball and it's rules, a lot of traveling violation are called against the US and that affects the rhythm of guard play, speaking of guard play, that is where the US has a strong edge over Spain, they also have pace and individual brilliance in players like the splash brothers who can go off anytime with 3's, it's a pretty small team if you consider size compared to their Spanish counterparts, the Manimal, Anthony Davis and Cousins is all thenUS can boast of..

Spain is the more balanced team like I mentioned earlier, team chemistry is top cos they have been playing together for the longest time, they are experienced with Euro basketball because they all started out playing in Europe thus are familiar with the calls and have the size to dominate and pound the glass but they lack pace..

I would hate to predict but I am tending towards Spain maybe cos I think they are more balanced and they pound the paint which is my favorite style of basketball.. But I would wait to see
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Valid points

Rose needs more playing time to hit his form,guess the coaches are taking precautionary measures in order to allow him regain full fitness by limiting his playing time.

Regards the Spain/USA match-up spain as this one but on paper and like you pointed out,they have got the experience,size advantage plus the rules of world basketball.
However if the US can connect well as a team with the pace and energy they got,they should come out tops.

#TeamUSA

Roland17:

First off, Rose has been above decent if you consider how long he has been away from the game, his speed and control are top notch, his minutes are been restricted so it's hard to get rhythm sometimes but he is doing very well, I have watched all his games from the preseason to the FIBA World Cup and I think he would have a dominant season..

As for the finals, it's a very very tough call for the US, they are mostly inexperienced in Euro basketball and it's rules, a lot of traveling violation are called against the US and that affects the rhythm of guard play, speaking of guard play, that is where the US has a strong edge over Spain, they also have pace and individual brilliance in players like the splash brothers who can go off anytime with 3's, it's a pretty small team if you consider size compared to their Spanish counterparts, the Manimal, Anthony Davis and Cousins is all thenUS can boast of..

Spain is the more balanced team like I mentioned earlier, team chemistry is top cos they have been playing together for the longest time, they are experienced with Euro basketball because they all started out playing in Europe thus are familiar with the calls and have the size to dominate and pound the glass but they lack pace..

I would hate to predict but I am tending towards Spain maybe cos I think they are more balanced and they pound the paint which is my favorite style of basketball.. But I would wait to see
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
Durant is out for 2 months!

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/12/kevin-durant-foot-fracture/index.html

I really believe this is the year the thunder win it all. Hopefully this doesnt change things. If Westbrook and KD get a full season together, I dont see anyone stopping them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Little over a week to tipoff! Just waiting and observing

Paul George has already started taking J's making good progress

Looking forward to Kobe getting back on the court and also the first Cavs vs Heat game

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2221) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.