Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718591 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
SmooshCHN:
This is outrageous.. Na only this guy sabi draw foul for the whole league?
u sound like as if other players don't play with d same rules ;Dyall make it sound like what hez soon is easy

He made 21 outta 27 free throws,u think converting dat amount of free throws is easy,If u watched d game u will c dat dey double teamed him all through d night and dey ended up fouling in most cases. Even if he draws 100 fouls, dats just d easy part. Convert em first. Ask LeBron or Westbrook if u think converting em is easy. Hez mastered d art of offensive play, don't hate just appreciate greatness

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
For Harden i saw a stat recently that he is in the 99th percentile in deceleration off the dribble or in motion, this plus his body size makes it extremely easy for opposition players to hit him cause he decelerates so quickly and his body type makes it easy for referees to see said contact and make the foul calls.
Its simple he has figured out the new set of rules plus he has the status that ensures these call get called.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
rotimi9:
u sound like as if other players don't play with d same rules ;Dyall make it sound like what hez soon is easy

He made 21 outta 27 free throws,u think converting dat amount of free throws is easy,If u watched d game u will c dat dey double teamed him all through d night and dey ended up fouling in most cases. Even if he draws 100 fouls, dats just d easy part. Convert em first. Ask LeBron or Westbrook if u think converting em is easy. Hez mastered d art of offensive play, don't hate just appreciate greatness
Na today we dey watch basketball? If that's the case LeBron should be attempting 20fts a game. I don't have problem with Harden. The refs have made it an habit to call anything the breathe around him. And yes, other players don't play with the same rule.
Khanben:
For Harden i saw a stat recently that he is in the 99th percentile in deceleration off the dribble or in motion, this plus his body size makes it extremely easy for opposition players to hit him cause he decelerates so quickly and his body type makes it easy for referees to see said contact and make the foul calls.
Its simple he has figured out the new set of rules plus he has the status that ensures these call get called.
Who wrote that BS? They need to answer questions as to why guys like Kemba, LeBron and Steph has to literally die before they get calls. Na only Harden get body size for the NBA undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
rotimi9:

This your point, I nuh understand...

So he should get calls more cos he can convert them or others shouldn't because they can't? Ehn?

So we should appreciate his greatness at free throw making? I no understand at all...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
I don't believe all the refs are Harden fans or silently rooting for Harden. Surely there must be a loophole he is exploiting to get to the line. Lou Williams does this too and doesn't get the same level of hate

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Who wrote that BS? They need to answer questions as to why guys like Kemba, LeBron and Steph has to literally die before they get calls. Na only Harden get body size for the NBA

If you did not understand what i was saying then ask. For lebron just like shaq before him his size makes refs wary about giving him calls cause in real time you cannot tell sometimes who initiated contact cause they are just too big and strong. As for kemba and curry their deceleration is just too way slow so most of the time opposition players are already adjusting the stance before contact so refs calls those as negligible.
These are more logical reasons for harden getting so many calls than conspiracy theories about ALL the refs in the nba favouring him

PS: if you watched basketball in the late 90's and early 2000's then do not expect calls the way it was those days. The league removed the physical element and now it is more about specific contact spots. Harden has figured this out plus he has an advantage that cannot be learned which is his quick and sharp deceleration
If you need further explanation read this and then watch the next rockets game and you will observe it if you are ready to be objective.
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/james-hardens-secret-talent-is-slowing-down-1486667420

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eyedea(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
When the playoffs start the refs will probably swallow their whistle and harden will shrink again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eyedea:
When the playoffs start the refs will probably swallow their whistle and harden will shrink again.

True, but more than that his string of poor playoffs performances also stems from the incredible work load he carries in that system in Houston. Look at the last 11 games this season he has literally carried the team on his back.
I still think Houston will only get the best Harden in the playoff is he only plays 65-70 games with a significant drop in usage rate.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Khanben:

True, but more than that his string of poor playoffs performances also stems from the incredible work load he carries in that system in Houston. Look at the last 11 games this season he has literally carried the team on his back.
I still think Houston will only get the best Harden in the playoff is he only plays 65-70 games with a significant drop in usage rate.
Harden's usage is mental
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2019
Decale:

This your point, I nuh understand...

So he should get calls more cos he can convert them or others shouldn't because they can't? Ehn?

So we should appreciate his greatness at free throw making? I no understand at all...

Wat I'm saying is Dat not only is he smart enough at drawing fouls, but hez also very good at converting em with a high percentage. LeBron,westbrook,simmons,capela,harell,shaq, all poor free throw shooters even though dey get those amount of calls they probably won't convert em as well as harden does.they then have to rely on their physicality athleticism and power to score d basket
Hez a smart player offensively, dat ability to draw fouls ain't in everyone,d man gotta do Wat he gotta do to win. Houston started d season at 14th place,but due to his impact even with Chris Paul out they are now 5th.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:25am On Jan 02, 2019
rotimi9:

LeBron,westbrook,simmons,capela,harell,shaq, all poor free throw shooters even though dey get those amount of calls they probably won't convert em as well as harden does.they then have to rely on their physicality athleticism and power to score d basket

Are you telling me that the reason these people always attack the rims is partly due to the fact that they're afraid of shooting free throws?

Or are you saying unlike the poor FT shooters, Harden isn't physically strong to score at the rim without being fouled? Unconfuse me brother...
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
How do you guard a player like harden if your very arms Place you at a disadvantage?
Even the help isn't safe if his careless with his hands

If I was a rocket fan I would be loving the salt,can't lie.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
Harden has been to two WCF and a final that isn't lack of post season success.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
Kawhi Leonard had 17 free throws last night too. If you guys are keeping score
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
SIRcumalot:
Harden has been to two WCF and a final that isn't lack of post season success.
Looking at his support cast it's a bit unfair to suggest Harden has not had post season success

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
A40:
Kawhi Leonard had 17 free throws last night too. If you guys are keeping score

Harden has had 8 40+ point games where he's made <10 FGs. 13% of his 40+ games are where he made less than 10 field goals. No other player in NBA history has had more than 2

If you take the number of 40 point games he's had with 12 or less FGs, then that'll be worse.

Harden attempts roughly the same number of 3 pointers as Curry. The same number!!! But who gets fouled more on the arc? The number of times is 126 against Curry's 18 last season. Isn't that a player that begs for the foul?

Harden uses that leg work of a defender recovering from a pick to get fouls almost every time. It's smart, good but that sort of offense is very lazy especially when he isn't a skinny PG or slow.

The NBA can't do anything cos the fouls he gets are clear but you can't deny the fact that his type of game isn't making this modern game fun. Issa lie...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2019
Decale:

Harden has had 8 40+ point games where he's made <10 FGs. 13% of his 40+ games are where he made less than 10 field goals. No other player in NBA history has had more than 2

If you take the number of 40 point games he's had with 12 or less FGs, then that'll be worse.

Harden attempts roughly the same number of 3 pointers as Curry. The same number!!! But who gets fouled more on the arc? The number of times is 126 against Curry's 18 last season. Isn't that a player that begs for the foul?

Harden uses that leg work of a defender recovering from a pick to get fouls almost every time. It's smart, good but that sort of offense is very lazy especially when he isn't a skinny PG or slow.

The NBA can't do anything cos the fouls he gets are clear but you can't deny the fact that his type of game isn't making this modern game fun. Issa lie...
Don't you think the onus falls on the league to fix the rules and not on Harden to stop exploiting the loopholes?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:20am On Jan 03, 2019
Why does it look like whenever Wall is out,the Wizards play better... shocked shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2019
A40:
Don't you think the onus falls on the league to fix the rules and not on Harden to stop exploiting the loopholes?

Understand my stance...

I'm not against Harden exploiting or NBA allowing it to happen. It's very clear most of his calls aren't phantom.

My issue is with Harden himself being called the most offensive player in the league or clutch . How will I grade you that when 30-40% of your points are from the charity stripe. People battle to make 13, 15, 17 field goals just to get 40 points. He's not a big that should be bodied and gets intentionally fouled when he can't make it. He's not top 3 this season and that's a fact!!!

Can just picture a striker scoring 30 goals a season with 10 being penalties. Then, he gets penalty calls from the slightest of touch from a defender. You now call him the best striker in the world. I go shook your eye... angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
Decale:

Understand my stance...

I'm not against Harden exploiting or NBA allowing it to happen. It's very clear most of his calls aren't phantom.

My issue is with Harden himself being called the most offensive player in the league or clutch . How will I grade you that when 30-40% of your points are from the charity stripe. People battle to make 13, 15, 17 field goals just to get 40 points. He's not a big that should be bodied and gets intentionally fouled when he can't make it. He's not top 3 this season and that's a fact!!!

Can just picture a striker scoring 30 goals a season with 10 being penalties. Then, he gets penalty calls from the slightest of touch from a defender. You now call him the best striker in the world. I go shook your eye... angry
Sweet me die.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Sweet me die.

Men i don't understand ohh.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
Decale:

Understand my stance...

As long as my striker gets fouled in the box ,he scores the resulting penalty and my team wins i don't give a hoot how he does it.
True, Harden's style is not for everybody but that's what makes him unique, the other day he scored 40+ points from just 8 field goals made, that is just incredible. Is he the greatest offensive player of all time HELL NO, but he is one heck of an offensive weapon in that Iso system houston plays.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, this is where his village People finally decided to drop him. He finally settled $6m/2yr unguaranteed contract instead of the $5.2m/2yrs contract the was offered by the Warriors.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is where his village People finally decided to drop him. He finally settled $6m/2yr unguaranteed contract instead of the $5.2m/2yrs contract the was offered by the Warriors.
He looks emaciated and like he knows he made a bad move

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
A40:
He looks emaciated and like he knows he made a bad move
Agree 100% sad shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
Decale:

Understand my stance...

Well. If he leads this Rockets team to a top 4 seeding in the West by season end then he has to be top 3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
Omo make OKC just thank God they held on to PG. They would have been a lottery team by now. Westbrook has gone full Westbrick mode

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
A40:
Omo make OKC just thank God they held on to PG. They would have been a lottery team by now. Westbrook has gone full Westbrick mode
Dude has been balling like as not MVP. As for Westbrook, if I talk they'll say I hate him.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
A40:
No be lie.. grin grin grin...Ask SmooshCHN cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
aliondo:

No be lie.. grin grin grin...Ask SmooshCHN cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
I was just praising him weeks ago talking about how he has stopped caring about triple doubles and he has been so selfless with the ball. I keep making this mistake every year thinking the dude will change. See ehn, put Westbrook, KD and Harden on that team like before, I'll take 2015 Warriors in 5 as long as Westbrook is on that team. I don't know if he's that bad or I'm just angry. He just doesn't want to change. Same with John Wall. Makes me wonder what they did all summer. I know Westbrook had Daddy duties.. But Wall is even useless. Dude partied throughout. Has bad knees and can't shoot for shit. Wizards better trade him ASAP.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
If Giannis learns how to shoot, it's over. undecided

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eyedea(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
SMH so fans really voting Doncic ahead of PG and harden for the all star game?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.