Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1721864 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Eyedea:
SMH so fans really voting Doncic ahead of PG and harden for the all star game?
Is there anything wrong in that?? He has better view doesn't mean they think he's a better player. They just want to see him at the all star games. He deserves it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I was just praising him weeks ago talking about how he has stopped caring about triple doubles and he has been so selfless with the ball. I keep making this mistake every year thinking the dude will change. See ehn, put Westbrook, KD and Harden on that team like before, I'll take 2015 Warriors in 5 as long as Westbrook is on that team. I don't know if he's that bad or I'm just angry. He just doesn't want to change. Same with John Wall. Makes me wonder what they did all summer. I know Westbrook had Daddy duties.. But Wall is even useless. Dude partied throughout. Has bad knees and can't shoot for shit. Wizards better trade him ASAP.

No GM is taking on that overbloated john wall's contract. He has failed to develop his shooting, he has injury issues and the one positive that made him an elite guard was his elite defense but these days it seems he is not even interested in playing defense at all
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
SmooshCHN:
If Giannis learns how to shoot, it's over. undecided

Assiin, watching him take just three strides from half court and then dunk the ball is one of the jaw dropping sights in the nba
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 12:17am On Jan 04, 2019
Houston Rockets vs golden state warriors tonight.

Gsw pls start cutting james harden's wings before play offs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:29am On Jan 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Dude has been balling like as not MVP. As for Westbrook, if I talk they'll say I hate him.
He's nailing every other thing well including deferring late in games. As it's become apparent. Now If he can just put a 15 shots per night cap to his game OKC can be a real problem
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:36am On Jan 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I was just praising him weeks ago talking about how he has stopped caring about triple doubles and he has been so selfless with the ball. I keep making this mistake every year thinking the dude will change. See ehn, put Westbrook, KD and Harden on that team like before, I'll take 2015 Warriors in 5 as long as Westbrook is on that team. I don't know if he's that bad or I'm just angry. He just doesn't want to change. Same with John Wall. Makes me wonder what they did all summer. I know Westbrook had Daddy duties.. But Wall is even useless. Dude partied throughout. Has bad knees and can't shoot for shit. Wizards better trade him ASAP.
I don tell am before to attempt less threes..He plays better that way....Thought he was developing his threes during the summer..We get luck say P.G stayed back and re-signed...

As for Wall,funny enough the Wizards play better without him..I think they should trade him..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13am On Jan 04, 2019
Lool DeRozan sonning Kawhi badly in this game. Just one assist shy of a triple-double.
And this Bryn Forbes is not half bad. He can shoot it

Oddly enough their defense is almost unrecognizable from a few weeks back when it was an autobahn.

Paid analysts really thought San Antonio Spurs won't make the playoffs?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17am On Jan 04, 2019
aliondo:

I don tell am before to attempt less threes..He plays better that way....Thought he was developing his threes during the summer..We get luck say P.G stayed back and re-signed...

As for Wall,funny enough the Wizards play better without him..I think they should trade him..
Lol who will take John Wall and that contract? That GM would be a massive donkey
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:27am On Jan 04, 2019
aliondo:

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On Jan 04, 2019
DeRozan with the triple dub
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:23am On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=donlittle25 post=74430973][/quote]
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:24am On Jan 04, 2019
harden jinxed for this game. like kawhi
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2019
Bruh I had to. My Guy said I don tell am before grin
birdman:

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:16am On Jan 04, 2019
Deserved loss.

Threw away a 20pt lead and started chucking 3s in the final seconds of regulation. Then went for a 3pt play in last second of OT when Klay was free under the rim with a point down.

Took this game for granted after the 20pt lead. 15-6 home this season losing all competitive big games that went into OT.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2019
Eruditor:
Deserved loss.

Threw away a 20pt lead and started chucking 3s in the final seconds of regulation. Then went for a 3pt play in last second of OT when Klay was free under the rim with a point down.

Took this game for granted after the 20pt lead. 15-6 home this season losing all competitive big games that went into OT.
Major concern. Warriors don’t know how to win close game. I have noticed that for sometime now, it’s clearer this season cos of many close games we have had this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2019
Khanben:

True, Harden's style is not for everybody but that's what makes him unique, the other day he scored 40+ points from just 8 field goals made, that is just incredible

Incredible my flat girlfriend's nyäsh

I'll soon comot your eyeball Kill Bill style angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Nah. Warriors should be worried this season

That game winner by Harden has to be the best so far this season. He really closed that game. 41.1 points, 9.5 assists in the last 11 games. Sheeeeesssh!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:59am On Jan 04, 2019
Make I find highlight.

Na harden be MVP so far this season.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Steve Kerr and his playful boys. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Warriors lost again to a top team.

Just bring on the playoff. Warriors are either not interested in these regular season or are really bad.

Lost to Rocket (2ce), Milwaukee, Toronto (2ce), Denver, Lakers, OKC, etc

Hmmmm
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2019
Manutd19:
Warriors lost again to a top team.

Just bring on the playoff. Warriors are either not interested in these regular season or are really bad.

Lost to Rocket (2ce), Milwaukee, Toronto (2ce), Denver, Lakers, OKC, etc

Hmmmm
Just like every other year. Bring it on. Warriors in 4 cheesy oh we have a bad bench. Warriors in 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2019
donlittle25:
Bro..leave me oh..na me know how i use tell am grin grin grin grin grin

Good to hear from you..You just disappear....Compliments
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2019
First player to amass one million All-Star votes: KingJames ��

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Just like every other year. Bring it on. Warriors in 4 cheesy oh we have a bad bench. Warriors in 5.

Bros

This year different die ooo. All your playoff games this season go be 4-3
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Decale:

Bros

This year different die ooo. All your playoff games this season go be 4-3
Shock me embarassed

Same thing every year. When we start sweeping now they'll say we have 5 all stars and DeMarcus grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
What does Harden have to do to get his due credit?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Shock me embarassed

Same thing every year. When we start sweeping now they'll say we have 5 all stars and DeMarcus grin

GSW dominating the post season again will depend on 2 key factors Dray green's shooting has to regress back to the mean and Cousins has got to fit in without any hitches. If GSW continues to play the way they've been doing so far then a lot of teams have the ability to stop them this season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
A40:
Lol who will take John Wall and that contract? That GM would be a massive donkey

Assin as soon as any GM suggests that trade he should not only be sacked but also be blacklisted from managing any nba team for at least 5 years

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
A40:
What does Harden have to do to get his due credit?
haba!!! Everyone knows the dude is balling. What else do you want from us? grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Steve Kerr and his playful boys. grin

Truth is, they did not care. They were not even angry. 5 pts with 40 seconds to go, KD that will usually get to the basket hoofed a 3ball and missed. Then Harden just waltzed into our paint and got 2 FTs. On replay, he was not touched by Draymond.

Shortly after he heaved another 3 and made it that tied the game.

OT we led by 4 with under 2 mins to play. Just force the ball out of Harden's hands. No. We hoped he will miss and he did not.

1second to go, we drew up a play for KD to shoot 3 ball from 30ft behind the basket when Klay was free. That is a team that does not care as much about winning.

3pt defence and complacency have been the biggest issues this regular season but I am not worried. Just angry because the only way we would get serious again is if finishing outside of the top 2 in the west is under contention. This team is clearly under motivated.

In another sense, it helps for the post season because anyone judging us off these regular season games just started watching basketball.

Another thing I have to add is Refs are purposely preventing GSW blow out games to make the season look balanced. The fake ejections and ticky tacky fouls are no longer subtle.

As soon as the lead ballooned to 20..Looney got 2 quick fouls..and Draymond got as well..and Rockets shot 7 quick fire free throws which they all made in the 3rd. They ended up cutting the deficit to 6 before the 4th Quarter.

Of course, the rest of the damage was self-inflicted but even against Portland on their ground the same FT strategy to make a game close was deployed.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
Khanben:

GSW dominating the postseason again will depend on 2 key factors Dray green's shooting has to regress back to the mean and Cousins has got to fit in without any hitches. If GSW continues to play the way they've been doing so far then a lot of teams have the ability to stop them this season.

There is not one team this season that will beat GSW 4 times.

I think people need to complain if they see certain things wrong but we should not be histrionic while at it.

Close losses or losing in OT 4 times this season are not a fair reflection of how the post season will be. Nobody here truly believes Nuggets will even make it to the WCF for example.

And Raptors that were much heralded, how are they doing now? Celts which everyone said will come out the east how is their own stop-start season going?

Fact is, Austin Rivers and Green hit at least 6 3balls yesterday and Harden made like 8. Those are unreal numbers. If you think they will get that chance in the playoffs..LMAO. You are welcome.

Like I have said, GSWs 3pt D has been arse all season. Many average teams have shot the 3ball so well against GSW for that reason. If a little seriousness is shown in that regard, you effectively take away a lot of gimme points these teams get and that is the way the playoffs will go.

Bucks for example, when GSW clamped down the 3pt line we made the most offensive team this year to make under 100pts. Sadly, we have been selective about when to play that type of D which is why the regular season has been this way.

BTW, GSW are 2nd seeded in the west for all our complacency and unseriousness.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
ipledge10:
Major concern. Warriors don’t know how to win close game. I have noticed that for sometime now, it’s clearer this season cos of many close games we have had this season.

They don't care. That is all.

Nobody goes home pissed after such games. They are still coasting. Sad but true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.