Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1634722 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) ... (2218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2019
ipledge10:
I came here few weeks ago about my friend that said Danny Green is a better 2 way player than Klay Thomson....

This is what he sent me today
lol. Danny green? shocked Klay Thompson is so underrated, it's annoying. We saw what we were without him this past few games and it was not pretty at All.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Tundesam923:
bro! "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" who is now believing the media now undecided( you did accuse me of that during LeBron stint as a gm trying to ship that whole team for "ad"wink Klay coming to Lakers? Why? Is it the culture that he would be enamored with?(lmao) or is it the money? Gsw can offer more money or what exactly? I don't get o...pls explain. Gee, am sorry...a chance to play with LeBron right? Lolz. Off with LeBron tinted glasses you wearing and try to see things as they truly are...and Kyrie? We have seen how that story ends before
It's not always about the money. Klay is an LA native. He might not come to LA next year but he certainly harbours that thought. And Kyrie is cool with Lebron now, don't you watch TV? I even forgot to mention Kawhi, he definitely has LA on his mind.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2019
Tundesam923:
lol. Danny green? shocked Klay Thompson is so underrated, it's annoying. We saw what we were without him this past few games and it was not pretty at All.
He is so underrated.They used to say he is a catch and shoot guy, but this season he shows what he can do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

It's not always about the money. Klay is an LA native. He might not come to LA next year but he certainly harbours that thought. And Kyrie is cool with Lebron now, don't you watch TV? I even forgot to mention Kawhi, he definitely has LA on his mind.
I hear you bro. Believe whatever makes you happy. And no I don't watch TV. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2019
ipledge10:
He is so underrated.They used to say he is a catch and shoot guy, but this season he shows what he can do.
seriously. And such an underrated defender too.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2019
Beware the praise of men. always do you.

Like Isaiah Thomas said, there is something about greatness that demands humility.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

Klay Thompson is considering the Lakers too. Even Kyrie has reconciled and is willing to team up again.
Lmaooooo no kill me with laugh bruv. Saudi Arabia will convert to Christianity before Klay Thompson considers the Lakers.

Kyrie reconciled and is willing to team up? Who is feeding you this fake news? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

Paul George was also an LA native. He didn't even grant them a meeting. KD is from DC. He must also be going to the Wizards.

Kawhi, Klay do not care for the Lakers or your LeBron. The sooner you realize this the less heartbreak for you. Kyrie and KD are likelier to end up with the Knicks than come and play with LeBron. Nwanne better face reality and don't jonze for nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

They couldn't take the bulls to seven games because the bulls had the greatest player on earth.
Apparently Magic, Detroit, Knicks, Pacers didn't get the memo. That's why they beat or took the Bulls at least 7 games

Why was no team from the so called stronger conference able to take the Bulls to an elimination game?
steady986:

Your argument was that the east was dominant in Jordan's era. I say the east looked like it was dominant because Jordan was with the bulls who won it 6 times. Now if you look at 85 to 03 which was Jordan's era, the only other Eastern team to win the ring is the pistons (2) and the Celtics (1). From the west Lakers won it 6 times, rockets 2 times and spurs 2 times. Now how's that dominance from the east?
No credible analyst lists 85-03 as Jordan's era. Jordan's era ended in 98 so I don't know why you are including the years Jordan did not even play and was officially not in the league.

steady986:

The only time the east has ever been dominant was in the late 50s and 60s when the Celtics won it about 11 times. Check your fact before u argue my guy.
Lmaooooo. You're listing 85-03 as Jordan's era and you're telling me to check facts before arguing.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Tundesam923:
bro! "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" who is now believing the media now undecided( you did accuse me of that during LeBron stint as a gm trying to ship that whole team for "ad"wink Klay coming to Lakers? Why? Is it the culture that he would be enamored with?(lmao) or is it the money? Gsw can offer more money or what exactly? I don't get o...pls explain. Gee, am sorry...a chance to play with LeBron right? Lolz. Off with LeBron tinted glasses you wearing and try to see things as they truly are...and Kyrie? We have seen how that story ends before
I won't be surprised if he believes in the tooth fairy. Klay Thompson that wants to retire a Warrior. Does Klay look like a LeNomad fanboy or is in any type of awe of him and the Lakers? I am more worried about KD leaving than Klay
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
Killrhymz:
Nuggets vs Warriors in the Western Conference Finals. NO. The Nuggets will be OUT in the first round of the playoffs. With Nuggets being a #2 seed, they would face the #7 San Antonio Spurs, another team Denver CANT beat. Nuggets already have problems with the Spurs as it is already and Spurs would win 4-2. It will probably be Houston or Oklahoma City in the West Finals
I don't like San Antonio's chances even against Denver. I hate to scapegoat Isaiah Thomas but his return has really ruined that team's chemistry. If they can sit him I think they stand a better chance

San Antonio's defense is a bit weak. And DeRozan is just a post season mental midget. He has refused to get a 3pt shot and this can hurt him again especially if the refs swallow their whistles.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:

No credible analyst lists 85-03 as Jordan's era. Jordan's era ended in 98 so I don't know why you are including the years Jordan did not even play and was officially not in the league.

Lmaooooo. You're listing 85-03 as Jordan's era and you're telling me to check facts before arguing.
What is an era please? I didn't say playing time. Jordan's era even starts from 1980 and ends in 2005. That's an era. Like you can say Lebron's era is the 2000s and 2010s. That's an era
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:

Apparently Magic, Detroit, Knicks, Pacers didn't get the memo. That's why they beat or took the Bulls at least 7 games

Why was no team from the so called stronger conference able to take the Bulls to an elimination game
It doesn't mean anything. Does the fact that the cavs took GS to 7 games mean they were anywhere as strong as GS?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
I won't be surprised if he believes in the tooth fairy. Klay Thompson that wants to retire a Warrior. Does Klay look like a LeNomad fanboy or is in any type of awe of him and the Lakers? I am more worried about KD leaving than Klay
There's something you guys don't understand. It's not about playing with Lebron. It's about playing for the purple and gold, the greatest franchise in the world. It's a dream come true for them. Unless they all want to play for the Lakers when they're 36, now is the time. And they have a higher chance of winning the ring with Lebron whether you believe it or not. Forget o, these players don't think like you fans. If AD can be willing to lose his starting berth and a lot of money just because he wants to play with Lebron and the Lakers, who the f*ck is Klay? Abegi
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

What is an era please? I didn't say playing time. Jordan's era even starts from 1980 and ends in 2005. That's an era. Like you can say Lebron's era is the 2000s and 2010s. That's an era
How can Jordan's era start 5 years before he even entered the league? FFS!!

It can't be their era when they are not even in the league please. You're the first person I've ever heard lumping Jordan's Wizards stint into a Jordan argument. He came back from a 3 year break at 39. Nwanne fear God abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

There's something you guys don't understand. It's not about playing with Lebron. It's about playing for the purple and gold, the greatest franchise in the world. It's a dream come true for them. Unless they all want to play for the Lakers when they're 36, now is the time. And they have a higher chance of winning the ring with Lebron whether you believe it or not. Forget o, these players don't think like you fans. If AD can be willing to lose his starting berth and a lot of money just because he wants to play with Lebron and the Lakers, who the f*ck is Klay? Abegi
Lmaooooo. This guy is in La-la land. Dream come true for who? This guy you're seriously living in the past if you think players nowadays care about the past history of any team. Nobody cares!!

Maybe you're forgetting KD, Paul George declined to even meet with the Lakers to listen to their pitch.

AD is the only guy who cares to play with LeBron. Klay, Kawhi, KD, Paul George are more interested in beating him than boosting his legacy. This they have proven way beyond a reasonable doubt. None of those elite players are interested in being LeBron's apprentice unlike AD
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lmaooo this guy really said Jordan's era lasted 25 years!! Jesus take the wheel grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

It doesn't mean anything. Does the fact that the cavs took GS to 7 games mean they were anywhere as strong as GS?
Bahahahahaha. Don't tell me you're one of those that propagate that myth that the Cavs were not a strong team as good as Golden State. The same Cavs with 3 All-stars? Sakamanje

You cannot fluke your way to a 7 game series. While the Warriors were exerting themselves for regular season history the Cavs were coasting knowing their weak conference mates would pose no threat

Player for player it is laughable to suggest the Cavs were not as strong as GS

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo. This guy is in La-la land. Dream come true for who? This guy you're seriously living in the past if you think players nowadays care about the past history of any team. Nobody cares!!

Maybe you're forgetting KD, Paul George declined to even meet with the Lakers to listen to their pitch.

AD is the only guy who cares to play with LeBron. Klay, Kawhi, KD, Paul George are more interested in beating him than boosting his legacy. This they have proven way beyond a reasonable doubt. None of those elite players are interested in being LeBron's apprentice unlike AD
case closed!!! La-la land o. grin grin grin grin grin. Brother!!!!!!!!! All true! The truth is dripping off your statement. Sheesh! Ain't arguing with the guy again o... The brother is jonesing on LeBron too much. Riding high on what LeBron is selling... How can you continue to be this disillusioned? Klay? Rotfl. And Irving and kawhi? SMH. Maybe the best they can get is Jimmy Butler
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

are you even hearing yourself? This is unreal to me . undecided. Do you really believe this? Since when did AD become Klay? Is it about skill level now? And who the f*uck is Klay? Just about the 2nd greatest shooter of all time ...a 3 time nba champion. You better come correct and put respect on that name
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
Tundesam923:
case closed!!! La-la land o. grin grin grin grin grin. Brother!!!!!!!!! All true! The truth is dripping off your statement. Sheesh! Ain't arguing with the guy again o... The brother is jonesing on LeBron too much. Riding high on what LeBron is selling... How can you continue to be this disillusioned? Klay? Rotfl. And Irving and kawhi? SMH. Maybe the best they can get is Jimmy Butler
I was going to suggest Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker.

I don't know how anyone would think a drama free ninja like Klay Thompson would want to be a part of that circus. Why should I team up with a 35 year old ninja? Who is high maintenance and full of drama
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
I don't like San Antonio's chances even against Denver. I hate to scapegoat Isaiah Thomas but his return has really ruined that team's chemistry. If they can sit him I think they stand a better chance

San Antonio's defense is a bit weak. And DeRozan is just a post season mental midget. He has refused to get a 3pt shot and this can hurt him again especially if the refs swallow their whistles.
and there is just something about Denver that rubs me all wrong. Maybe it's becos am not that sold on that team. Nikola jokic? I think that go get it mentality is not there *yet* the assertiveness!!! And jamal Murray? Still so inconsistent. Maybe they would prove me wrong . I hope they do...
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
I was going to suggest Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker.

I don't know how anyone would think a drama free ninja like Klay Thompson would want to be a part of that circus. Why should I team up with a 35 year old ninja? Who is high maintenance and full of drama
Klay does not jibe at all with that culture. I think it's becos of his dad, him being a Laker radio analyst. But even at that, not Lakers pls.. never Lakers!
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2019
They could get Jimmy Butler and his pick and roll/isolation sets complaints grin. Would serve them right. LeBron could win a championship with him, right? He is the self proclaimed king!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:13am On Mar 10, 2019
Tundesam923:
and there is just something about Denver that rubs me all wrong. Maybe it's becos am not that sold on that team. Nikola jokic? I think that go get it mentality is not there *yet* the assertiveness!!! And jamal Murray? Still so inconsistent. Maybe they would prove me wrong . I hope they do...
They are just a bad road team. At home they would be really tough to beat. That altitude alone is a home court advantage on its own. I've been hyping this Denver team since last season and I didn't expect them to make such a leap this year. I think they would win a series at least
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Tundesam923:
Klay does not jibe at all with that culture. I think it's becos of his dad, him being a Laker radio analyst. But even at that, not Lakers pls.. never Lakers!
Steph's dad is also an analyst and color commentator with the Hornets. Maybe he would demand a trade home when Klay and KD leaves grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Tundesam923:
They could get Jimmy Butler and his pick and roll/isolation sets complaints grin. Would serve them right. LeBron could win a championship with him, right? He is the self proclaimed king!
Add Boogie Cousins to the mix
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:47am On Mar 10, 2019
The Lakers are going to get waxed tonight.
Kyrie dey vex
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:05am On Mar 10, 2019
A40:

If nobody cares about past history, why the hell did the best player on earth got to the Lakers? Cos he wants to play for the best franchise, as simple as that. They will play with Lebron and the Lakers whether you like it or not.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:08am On Mar 10, 2019
A40:
How can Jordan's era start 5 years before he even entered the league? FFS!!

It can't be their era when they are not even in the league please. You're the first person I've ever heard lumping Jordan's Wizards stint into a Jordan argument. He came back from a 3 year break at 39. Nwanne fear God abeg
You need to hold your dictionary and stop arguing blindly, isn't it embarrassing? If someone started playing in 1985 and ended in 1998, isn't his era the 80s and 90s? Will you say his era is 1985 to 1998?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:10am On Mar 10, 2019
A40:
Bahahahahaha. Don't tell me you're one of those that propagate that myth that the Cavs were not a strong team as good as Golden State. The same Cavs with 3 All-stars? Sakamanje

You cannot fluke your way to a 7 game series. While the Warriors were exerting themselves for regular season history the Cavs were coasting knowing their weak conference mates would pose no threat

Player for player it is laughable to suggest the Cavs were not as strong as GS
Go ahead and pour out your excuses. No team on earth was anywhere as good as GS that year, so don't even give me that bs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:12am On Mar 10, 2019
Tundesam923:
are you even hearing yourself? This is unreal to me . undecided. Do you really believe this? Since when did AD become Klay? Is it about skill level now? And who the f*uck is Klay? Just about the 2nd greatest shooter of all time ...a 3 time nba champion. You better come correct and put respect on that name
Lol, if you put Klay and AD for any coach in the NBA, they all take AD. Let's not even go there. Who shooting help? Can Klay lead a franchise? Why are we even arguing this, its embarrassing. AD is top five in the league. Klay? I say top 20. Lol, now I know you just came here to troll.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) ... (2218) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils, typicalgamer(m), A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.