Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1719425 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Roland17:

That has been sad to watch. Adams is a liability on offense and now defense for you guys and on the other end the Blazers are putting a lot of pressure on him with Kanter.
Your big guys and that includes Noel have to offer something on the offense.

Gotta huge mountain to climb now... angry

If we lose this series, get ready to take the saddle on as our new head coach once we fire Donovan...
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Dame greater than Westbrick grin grin

I was happy when Westbrook was making his shots early first quarter, because I know that will make him shoot more.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:14am On Apr 22, 2019
yomi96:
is this how the rockets will beat warriors? With Harden shooting 2/20?
The same harden that brought them to the playoffs will shoot them out the playoffs. Chocker
Lool. No chance in hell. Harden's playing style doesn't work in the postseason. No be today. If he ever gets in a series where the refs swallow their whistles and the refs call BS on his flailing nonsense the Rockets will be toast

I'm actually more disappointed in the Jazz and their bricklayer in chief Donovan Mitchell. They didn't put up a fight at all
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:17am On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

If we lose this series, get ready to take the saddle on as our new head coach once we fire Donovan...
I don't even know what a new coach can do to save Westbrick. How do you coach a player to not miss his last 10 shots or fail to score a bucket in the second half

There is little you can do when Westbrick goes Bricko Mode

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:20am On Apr 22, 2019
chic2pimp:

Juice or no juice AJ would still have smacked Him around like the Big Baby He is. The Dude is an idiot sha. I can not for the life of me phantom why an Individual would take that risk months before the biggest pay day of His career?
Lool that nigga wicked sha. He took both pills and blood doping. AJ has a kid FFS. These people want to endanger other people. Doping in a combat sport for me should be life ban.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 22, 2019
I like to make fun of westbrook but i have to say i feel bad for him. The players voted him as the most overrated player in the league and hes proving them right. But hes not the only brick layer, even though hes the mechanic OKC as a whole is a well oiled brick machine.

As for Paul George! cheesy

You chose perennial first round exits over potential chips with Lebron. You chose Oklahoma City over LA. You chose to stay in no mans land over going home. You deserve to perish in Playoff purgatory!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

If we lose this series
, get ready to take the saddle on as our new head coach once we fire Donovan...

This guy still has hope, how sad... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:14am On Apr 22, 2019
ReysonDrabek:
I like to make fun of westbrook but i have to say i feel bad for him. The players voted him as the most overrated player in the league and hes proving them right. And hes not the only brick layer, even though hes the mechanic OKC as a whole is a well oiled brick machine.

You chose perennial first round exits over potential chips with Lebron. You chose Oklahoma over LA. You chose to stay in no mans land over going home. You deserve to perish in Playoff purgatory!

I now see where your hate is coming from..Cos you guys didn't get P.G.

Well, at least he made the playoffs..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2019
ReysonDrabek:
I like to make fun of westbrook but i have to say i feel bad for him. The players voted him as the most overrated player in the league and hes proving them right. And hes not the only brick layer, even though hes the mechanic OKC as a whole is a well oiled brick machine.

You chose perennial first round exits over potential chips with Lebron. You chose Oklahoma over LA. You chose to stay in no mans land over going home. You deserve to perish in Playoff purgatory!
After playoff disappointment this season, a lot of players will be queuing to team up with The King.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2019
steady986:

After playoff disappointment this season, a lot of players will be queuing to team up with The King.

The lakers just need one more star free agent from the Ks. Kyrie, Kemba KD Klay or Kawhi. Kd and klay arent realistic and i dont even want them so I'll settle for the other three. If the lakers decide to trade for AD in the future fine but even without a AD, Hypothetically speaking a Lakers team with Lonzo Kyrie/kemba/kawhi Ingram Lebron Kuzma will do a whole lot of damage if they can stay healthy especially with the warriors disbanding this year. Man i cant wait for next year when this circus show ends and the NBA actually resumes. We have some scalps to collect.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

I now see where your hate is coming from..Cos you guys didn't get P.G.

Well, at least he made the playoffs..

Fvck Paul George. We have bigger things in mind. He made the playoffs but hes about to get bounced in the first round. He deserves OKC and westbrook. If he had signed with the lakers they would have made the playoffs because in lebrons absence he would have stepped up in some cases and would have at least made the WCF. He can enjoy his first round gentlemans sweep while we plot how we will put the whole league in a head lock. Not even hating, just speaking facts. Its way bigger than him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Russell next question Westbrook again in brick mode.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2019
next year Giannis and Dame will be eligible for the supermax contract. From what i am seeing this playoffs if they really want a ring without leaving their current franchises they will have to to take less money than they can get (when the supermax is offered) just like Duncan & Dirk did for most of their careers. IMO both sides have the building blocks of a serious contender, the Bucks just need an upgraded second option a player with the same skill set but more consistent than Middleton, while I think the blazers should follow the Pistons 08 formula and get a fourth option in the mold of Rasheed Wallace a player who plays D, can shoot and more importantly can creat their own shot.
Both scenarios will need both their stars to leave money on the table for their teams to work with.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Khanben:
next year Giannis and Dame will be eligible for the supermax contract. From what i am seeing this playoffs if they really want a ring without leaving their current franchises they will have to to take less money than they can get (when the supermax is offered) just like Duncan & Dirk did for most of their careers. IMO both sides have the building blocks of a serious contender, the Bucks just need an upgraded second option a player with the same skill set but more consistent than Middleton, while I think the blazers should follow the Pistons 08 formula and get a fourth option in the mold of Rasheed Wallace a player who plays D, can shoot and more importantly can creat their own shot.
Both scenarios will need both their stars to leave money on the table for their teams to work with.
You make a really really good point. There is nothing worse than overpaying for players that won't put you over the hill. That's the surest way to land in misery. Portland are still in salary cap hell for the deal they gave Evan Turner, The Raptors gave Kyle Lowry 30+mil so even if Kawhi leaves they would struggle to get any player worth a max without entering cap hell

The Hornets could lose Kemba and not be able to afford decent replacements because Nicholas freaking Batum is due $27m

Portland need to consider that. They are truly a good swingman from being a legit contender cos pound for pound they have the most explosive backcourt in the game behind Steph and Klay.

The Bucks too would have to pay Brogdon, Middleton and if they don't perform Giannis might wind up the new Garnett. I like Brogdon and if he could just stay healthy Milwaukee would be good regardless. Their pieces are so complementary that provided the likes of Middleton and Bledsoe don't completely fall off a cliff they should still be able to contend. Their competitive window is wider than the Sixers and the Raptors

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2019
A40:
You make a really really good point. There is nothing worse than overpaying for players that won't put you over the hill. That's the surest way to land in misery. Portland are still in salary cap hell for the deal they gave Evan Turner, The Raptors gave Kyle Lowry 30+mil so even if Kawhi leaves they would struggle to get any player worth a max without entering cap hell

The Hornets could lose Kemba and not be able to afford decent replacements because Nicholas freaking Batum is due $27m

Portland need to consider that. They are truly a good swingman from being a legit contender cos pound for pound they have the most explosive backcourt in the game behind Steph and Klay.

The Bucks too would have to pay Brogdon, Middleton and if they don't perform Giannis might wind up the new Garnett. I like Brogdon and if he could just stay healthy Milwaukee would be good regardless. Their pieces are so complementary that provided the likes of Middleton and Bledsoe don't completely fall off a cliff they should still be able to contend. Their competitive window is wider than the Sixers and the Raptors

Very good points, a lot has been said about the improvement of Giannis this season which has put the Bucks clearly on championship contender level. Cj and Dame have both also clearly improved albeit their improvement has not been as glaring as Nurkic's before his injury.
But Dame and CJ have improved on defense especially CJ add that to their exceptional scoring abilities plus them being younger than the folks at Oakland, I foresee good things if both management and players are on the same page for the blazers
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Westbrick

@birdman
I notice say you no talk anything about James Harden's King Joffreyesque flop

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2019
steady986:
Harden shot 3/22 and the Rockets still won the game. I can't see Curry or KD shootig 3/22 and GS still win the game.
Does this guy deserve a reply?

Let me dignify u this one last time.

Game 3. NBA finals against LeBums team. Go figure.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Hardetayour:
Does this guy deserve a reply?

Let me dignify u this one last time.

Game 3. NBA finals against LeBums team. Go figure.
grin grin He gets worse everytime.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
grin grin He gets worse everytime.
He talks without thinking. His head is just on his neck for decoration

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Westbrook's problem stems from the fact that he has never learnt what it means to be a great player.
Charles Barkley asked coach Pop about how Kwahi became a great player and his answer was,
'The day he finally understood that when I call a play for him, its not for him to score, but for the TEAM to score'. All the greats had to learn this at some point in their career even the great MJ.
So the fact that a 30 yr old Russ is still playing Hero ball in the playoffs continues to puzzle me.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Anopheles: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Russ is 30 already? I guess the triple double he gets is enough to cement his own legacy.

Russel Westbrick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Khanben:

One player comes to mind that fits the bill for the Blazers as you described and that player is Draymond Green. Someone who can player as a PF/SF. They can also try TJ Warren, J. Butler, T. Harris, Covington, Jae Crowder. Like we know, they are already over the luxury tax, might as well increase it and assure Dame of their commitment to remain contenders during his prime.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Fvck Paul George. We have bigger things in mind. He made the playoffs but hes about to get bounced in the first round. He deserves OKC and westbrook. If he had signed with the lakers they would have made the playoffs because in lebrons absence he would have stepped up in some cases and would have at least made the WCF. He can enjoy his first round gentlemans sweep while we plot how we will put the whole league in a head lock. Not even hating, just speaking facts. Its way bigger than him.

Mr Plotter....

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
A40:
I don't even know what a new coach can do to save Westbrick. How do you coach a player to not miss his last 10 shots or fail to score a bucket in the second half

There is little you can do when Westbrick goes Bricko Mode

Bro,i hate to say this but i think its time to trade Westbrook....

What do you think?? and which possible trades could materialize for Westbrook

Cc Roland17
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

Cc Roland17
Bahahahahaha. Have you seen his contract? Nobody would trade for Westbrook. Unless they are completely brain dead

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Roland17:

One player comes to mind that fits the bill for the Blazers as you described and that player is Draymond Green. Someone who can player as a PF/SF. They can also try TJ Warren, J. Butler, T. Harris, Covington, Jae Crowder. Like we know, they are already over the luxury tax, might as well increase it and assure Dame of their commitment to remain contenders during his prime.
All these guys would probably want a max deal apart from Covington and Crowder. Maybe Warren too but Warren can't play defense
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

Cc Roland17
My nigga how far?? If I had said this last season, you'd have cut off my head. OKC can do with a new coach. Westbrook needs tough hands and tough mind honestly. Trading him would be a very funny thing to do. He is Russ!!! You'll lose the franchise and fans forever. Wait!! Have you seen his contract? They need a tough coach who can force him to buy in into being a leader for the team.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
My nigga how far?? If I had said this last season, you'd have cut off my head. OKC can do with a new coach. Westbrook needs tough hands and tough mind honestly. Trading him would be a very funny thing to do. He is Russ!!! You'll lose the franchise and fans forever. Wait!! Have you seen his contract? They need a tough coach who can force him to buy in into being a leader for the team.

This one is non-negotiable...So I didn't even need to mention it...Sorry,I didn't copy you in the debate. .As per rivals wey we be, I think say you go shun me.. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Khanben:
Westbrook's problem stems from the fact that he has never learnt what it means to be a great player.
Charles Barkley asked coach Pop about how Kwahi became a great player and his answer was,
'The day he finally understood that when I call a play for him, its not for him to score, but for the TEAM to score'. All the greats had to learn this at some point in their career even the great MJ.
So the fact that a 30 yr old Russ is still playing Hero ball in the playoffs continues to puzzle me.
Sometimes when I watch OKC I just scratch my head. You would see some plays where they don't even run any sets, you just see Westbrook make a beeline for his usual koro on the court (the elbow) and just launch his usual brick

The weird thing for me is that his mechanics and shooting stroke look solid, he doesn't shoot like say a Draymond who looks like he's wearing a school bag while shooting or a Shawn Marion who looks quite awkward as well but he bricks it probably worse than they do
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
A40:
Bahahahahaha. Have you seen his contract? Nobody would trade for Westbrook. Unless they are completely brain dead

He's got the max...right?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
aliondo:

He's got the max...right?
Yes. You essentially are one injury away from a Washington Wizards situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.