Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,183 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625646 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL, Brother Aliondo, I said that with more stars your team will be no different that Victor was not as bad as his numbers suggested and that Russell should be playing more to facilitate and not heroball his way into an MVP.

I stated repeatedly that Harden's 55 win season was more significant than Russell's 47 or 46. I stated repeatedly that Harden finishing as a 3rd seed was more noteworthy and that Harden even had close to a triple double so I could not understand how the extra rebound Russell had all of a sudden made his feat more laudable. The second best player in the rockets (E Gordons at the time) is not a franchise player, but Victor Oladipo today is the reason the Pacers got swept.

Please let's be honest...I watched OKC's games that season and Russ alone cannot be blamed for Oladipo's not-so-good performance. ..Oladipo is not a bad player but he didn't really play well for us...And besides nobody (including you) foresaw that he will be this great with the Pacers...

As for Harden, the same criteria that was used for Westbrook MVP's season was one of the criteria used this season for Harden winning MVP this season , in the sense that he carried the Rockets when CP3 and Capela were out.. I'm not really a fan of triple double but you can't take anything away from history that was created and a long-term record that was broken by Russ. The

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Khanben:

So in your words Messi was not the best player in the world during Pep's tenure in barca, That is really funny.
In 14/15 the team that won was more about the front 3 of MSN than the midfield.
So if he was not arrogant tell me why he benched KDB in the first leg. He specifically said himself that the second leg and matches against crystal palace, Tottenham in the EPL and man utd were of more importance.
Pep is a great manager but I see you adroitly ommited the 14/15 UCL games against RM where he elected to play a high line against the fastest attack line in Europe, same thing in both legs against Monaco with a speedster like Mbappe.
Every great coach has their flaws the issue who Pep is that in his barca days Messi's incredible finishing papered over those issues. Without Messi whose incredible conversion rate ensures that he can get away with making tactical mistakes

If you have any evidence that Messi was the best player in the world before Pep you can adduce it. So which one is it again? MSN won 14/15 but trinity won 08/09 and 10/11? HOW? It was Etoo, Henry, Messi in 08/09 and then Pedro, Messi, Villa in 10/11. I support Barcelona I need to re-emphasize it.

Even if KDB had started, Aguero was still the designated penalty taker so that should be the main concern. The games Pep prioritized, he won. Crystal P, Tottenham twice were the clogged up fixtures.

Pep did not lose to RM because of a highline. There is no need to revisit it. Google Phil Lahm and find out what actually happened when they lost to RM. RM scored the main deciders through setpieces that had nothing to do with tactics.

Speedster like Mbappe? How many goals did Mbappe score over the 2 legs? I am telling you that at 2-1 Man City are going through and Aguero is throwing chances away only for Bakayoko to score a headed winner off a freekick late in the game.

What Messi finishing that people were not seeing before? Messi still had his best ever performances under Pep and I have told you, Messi won 4 WPOTY titles under Pep. So who needs who? I am sure if Pep coaches Argentina to a world cup title, you people will turn around to say he made tactical mistakes but Messi's finishing papered over the cracks. As if Pep's coaching does not cover over his player's cracks as well.

I don tire for this Pep matter. Make we just free am.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
aliondo:

Please let's be honest...I watched OKC's games that season and Russ alone cannot be blamed for Oladipo's not-so-good performance. ..Oladipo is not a bad player but he didn't really play well for us...And besides nobody (including you) foresaw that he will be this great with the Pacers...

As for Harden, the same criteria that was used for Westbrook MVP's season was one of the criteria used this season for Harden winning MVP this season , in the sense that he carried the Rockets when CP3 and Capela were out.. I'm not really a fan of triple double but you can't take anything away from history that was created and a long-term record that was broken by Russ. The

I don't want to post too much on the issue. You can do your research and find me bigging Oladipo up. When I was here showing you people how Steve Adam's had become useless, I was hearing that Russell needed to rebound the ball and run up the court bla bla. The reason Harden is in MVP talks is not because of carrying the team when whoever was out. Harden had done so before. His numbers are historic and he was consistently doing those incredible numbers for a sustained period. I still want Giannis to win it BTW, but if you are referring to last season, Harden's team had 65 wins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
aliondo:

How will Oladipo play when the ball hog Russ kept the ball to himself

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Khanben:

How will Oladipo play when the ball hog Russ kept the ball to himself

I know Russ is a ball hog but Oladipo had his chances sometimes and didn't take it...Russ alone cannot be blamed..
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:01am On Apr 24, 2019
Eruditor:

I don't want to post too much on the issue. You can do your research and find me bigging Oladipo up. When I was here showing you people how Steve Adam's had become useless, I was hearing that Russell needed to rebound the ball and run up the court bla bla. The reason Harden is in MVP talks is not because of carrying the team when whoever was out. Harden had done so before. His numbers are historic and he was consistently doing those incredible numbers for a sustained period. I still want Giannis to win it BTW, but if you are referring to last season, Harden's team had 65 wins.

Harden started to get into the conversation when the Rockets were really down with Melo and Harden had to play his heart out to bring them from the threatened low position on the table to playoff position. ..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 24, 2019
The east is top heavy AF!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:50am On Apr 24, 2019
aliondo:

I know Russ is a ball hog but Oladipo had his chances sometimes and didn't take it...Russ alone cannot be blamed..

Its all about rhythm. A good PG feeds into your rhythm - Russ wants to play PG and SG and rebounder (lol), and he disrupts other roles. For example, he steals rebounds that should belong to the center. In the same token, he took away clutch shots from Durant in those close playoff games. Its not hard to see how he forces an Oladipo to take a subservient role - Oladipo is explosive, a slasher even - if you give him the ball a split second late, defense is set already, negating his strengths.

Russ is not a a good PG, simple. Its not just about racking assists...he needs to sit down this offseason and study Curry, CP3, Jason Kidd, Stockton. Instead of shouting like a mad man everytime he makes a 3 pointer.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Hmm, my people...may God deliver us from the Jared Dudleys of this world. They have no future, so they try to take your future.

Fayah consume dem angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:24am On Apr 24, 2019
DLO was very underwhelming in this series. He was careless with the ball, made bad decisions and could not make buckets. He needs to mature into the postseason considering this is his first experience.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31am On Apr 24, 2019
I thought we all agreed that "DAME TIME" was in the 4th quarter?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:01am On Apr 24, 2019
Lmaooo Lillard does not even want the series to go back to OKC. This ninja played pretty much the entire first half. What a Warrior
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03am On Apr 24, 2019
birdman:

Its all about rhythm. A good PG feeds into your rhythm - Russ wants to play PG and SG and rebounder (lol), and he disrupts other roles. For example, he steals rebounds that should belong to the center. In the same token, he took away clutch shots from Durant in those close playoff games. Its not hard to see how he forces an Oladipo to take a subservient role - Oladipo is explosive, a slasher even - if you give him the ball a split second late, defense is set already, negating his strengths.

Russ is not a a good PG, simple. Its not just about racking assists...he needs to sit down this offseason and study Curry, CP3, Jason Kidd, Stockton. Instead of shouting like a mad man everytime he makes a 3 pointer.
Hahahaha you saw into Westbrook's future extremely accurately though. I recall you saying something about multiple triple double seasons and then getting bounced in the first round three times in a row. I'd give you that

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2019
Can someone tell Westbrook they are only up 2 and he is shooting 9/24. Lmaooo why did he flex there? No wonder the league thinks he is overrated. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 24, 2019
OKC with some bad decision making down the stretch cant believe they're about to blow this lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2019
Eruditor:

You were not the only one on the Westbrook hype train. In fact, only Birdman and SmooshCHN shared the same sentiment as me. My argument then as it is now is that his style was not letting other potential players do diddly squat but you guys said he needed to play that way for OKC to have a chance. Victor Oladipo has now gone on to be the star I contended that he was yet OKC are barely winning any games beyond what they did during the triple double euphoria which implies that the triple double was glossing over the fact that I was stressing then.
Lmaooo suggesting Oladipo was a star at OKC being held back by Westbrook is tantamount to playing Monday Morning Quarterback. Nobody really predicted he will ball at Indy. Not even on this thread

My stance then was that the role players simply deserved a large chunk of the blame as well. This ongoing OKC game is a microcosm of that. Lillard is balling out of his mind but guess what? his backcourt partner is 4/14 while OKC even with Westbrook struggling but getting hot in spurts has role players shooting ultra efficiently from the floor

If we're arguing that Oladipo left OKC and became a star then we could also argue that PG came to Westbrook and became an MVP candidate, a feat he had never achieved previously.

You can't as the supposed second best player on a team be shooting 4/17 or 2/16 in elimination games and still blame others for such poverty shooting

Eruditor:

As per Pep, he is still shaking the ketchup bottle. It will soon Pop. It is a matter of time. I know how long RM sought the La Decima since 2002 and only found success in 2013. Good thing is the UCL is a competition he has already won twice so it is not like he does not know how to win it. The Benitez and co that someone else was mentioning have all gone to bigger clubs who had just previously won and failed miserably. Pep is only failing by winning everything else but it.
Lmaooo Pep don cast. If you're telling people to wait 11 years good luck with that. I've observed Pep's pattern when it comes to CL Knockout round games and you can almost predict he is getting knocked out if he's drawn away in the first leg (Lol Monaco showed it doesn't really matter) but it's not even the big teams anymore, even the smaller teams have sussed him out.

Pep's financial backing has made it impossible to fail. When you can afford to spend £200m+ just on your back line in two seasons then you should know all fingers are not equal
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Lilard na God!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:02am On Apr 24, 2019
That was some game
What a shot!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Damian goddamn Lillard with the dagger 50piece!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:03am On Apr 24, 2019
SIRcumalot:
That was some game
What a shot!!!!!

It truly was. Ice cold.

He carried his team today. Take a bow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:03am On Apr 24, 2019
Lillard wtf!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 24, 2019
Westbrook - I cant even

Paul George - Bricking two free throws, letting seth friggin curry steal the ball from you SMH

Billy Donovan - This man is hopeless! No business coaching in the NBA my goodness. Cant draw up a proper play.

LAHEEEM! - Steph, maybe Kyrie but this guy is staking a claim as a top ten player in the the NBA, certainly a top 3 PG.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 24, 2019
At least he got his triple double.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:09am On Apr 24, 2019
It's time for Billy Donovan to go imo. He is terrible
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:11am On Apr 24, 2019
So I just switched on data and saw a 2 point lead with 1:20 remaining. Tried to get my stream up and saw they lost by 3 points.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:13am On Apr 24, 2019
Hardetayour:
So I just switched on data and saw a 2 point lead with 1:20 remaining. Tried to get my stream up and saw they lost by 3 points.

Lillard took over
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:16am On Apr 24, 2019
A40:

Lmaooo suggesting Oladipo was a star at OKC being held back by Westbrook is tantamount to playing Monday Morning Quarterback. Nobody really predicted he will ball at Indy. Not even on this thread

My stance then was that the role players simply deserved a large chunk of the blame as well. This ongoing OKC game is a microcosm of that. Lillard is balling out of his mind but guess what? his backcourt partner is 4/14 while OKC even with Westbrook struggling but getting hot in spurts has role players shooting ultra efficiently from the floor

If we're arguing that Oladipo left OKC and became a star then we could also argue that PG came to Westbrook and became an MVP candidate, a feat he had never achieved previously.

You can't as the supposed second best player on a team be shooting 4/17 or 2/16 in elimination games and still blame others for such poverty shooting

I said that Oladipo was better than his numbers suggested. Birdman has already said it best; Victor Oladipo is a slasher. You cannot dribble a ball till 22seconds and then pass it off to him to shoot. Even the GOAT shooter Steph, me and SmooshCHN come here to rant when he is played like JJ Reddick much less Victor who is not on that wavelength shooting wise.

Lmaooo Pep don cast. If you're telling people to wait 11 years good luck with that. I've observed Pep's pattern when it comes to CL Knockout round games and you can almost predict he is getting knocked out if he's drawn away in the first leg (Lol Monaco showed it doesn't really matter) but it's not even the big teams anymore, even the smaller teams have sussed him out.

Pep's financial backing has made it impossible to fail. When you can afford to spend £200m+ just on your back line in two seasons then you should know all fingers are not equal

Ronald Koeman and co spent money won nothing. Benitez is doing wonders with Newcastle and failed miserably with RM and Inter. Carlo is looking bang average with Napoli, same club Sarri made his name with. Juve splurged on Ronaldo to crash out to Ajax. Vagaries of football.

The Pep narrative has changed from not winning a spoon in England to being local champion. It will revert to expensive squad or having world class players in a wee bit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 24, 2019
But seriously, Dame had one of the best shooting strokes i have ever seen in my life. That sh-t is smooth!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 24, 2019
LMAO!

"Blazers closed on a 13-2 run in the final 3:08.
OKC's final 7 possessions...
1. Schroder missed a 3
2. Westbrook missed a 2
3. George missed 2 FTs
4. Westbrook charge
5. Grant missed a 2
6. George turnover
7. Westbrook missed lay-up"
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:35am On Apr 24, 2019
Dame has got some serious Ice in His veins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 24, 2019
chic2pimp:
Dame has got some serious Ice in His veins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 24, 2019
For the record i dont blame Kevin Durant for leaving OKC, I dont blame him for leaving Russell Westbrook, I dont blame the warriors for going after him, I blame Kevin Durant for signing with the Warriors. Now after he equals lebron in wins and FMVPs, he needs to make things right and restore balance in the NBA realm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: SmooshCHN and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.