Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1634832 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (2218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:42am On Apr 24, 2019
Manutd19:

Lillard took over
Just saw the highlight. He shares the same shooting range with Steph.

Westbrook tried to play bully ball the last second but couldn't finish.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2019
Westbrook's shots were more than his points last night. Lol. Dame, nice one bro. Thanks for sending those fvckers home.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
steady986:
Westbrook's shots were more than his points last night. Lol. Dame, nice one bro. Thanks for sending those fvckers home.

114 points from 111 shots this series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 24, 2019
LeGM tried to tell you...

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2019
A40

I just saw this and i cant stop laughing.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

114 points from 111 shots this series.
Damn! I can't deal. The G.O.A.T wannabes are getting filtered one by one.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2019
ReysonDrabek:
At least he got his triple double.
That's what he has been using to deceive us all along
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2019
Nurkic grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2019
Nurkic is flat out mental grin grin grin that shirt is hilarious
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2019
Eruditor:

I said that Oladipo was better than his numbers suggested. Birdman has already said it best; Victor Oladipo is a slasher. You cannot dribble a ball till 22seconds and then pass it off to him to shoot. Even the GOAT shooter Steph, me and SmooshCHN come here to rant when he is played like JJ Reddick much less Victor who is not on that wavelength shooting wise.
Nobody disputed Oladipo was not better than his numbers. This was the source of disappointment to start with. Remember he was a 2nd pick

Of course Oladipo thriving in Indy could also be attributed to playing in an expanded role, in a team that wasn't expected to do much.

Fast forward to this season and if you check properly, Oladipo's numbers are all down from last season prior to his unfortunate injury which makes you wonder if last year was an outlier

Eruditor:

Ronald Koeman and co spent money won nothing. Benitez is doing wonders with Newcastle and failed miserably with RM and Inter. Carlo is looking bang average with Napoli, same club Sarri made his name with. Juve splurged on Ronaldo to crash out to Ajax. Vagaries of football.

The Pep narrative has changed from not winning a spoon in England to being local champion. It will revert to expensive squad or having world class players in a wee bit.
Koeman? Nobody tagged Koeman the best thing since sliced bread. Were you expecting trophy from Everton??

Benitez barely spent a full season at either club. Pep finished trophyless in his first season getting knocked out to Monaco in the freaking second round!! You think he wouldn't have gotten the boot at Madrid or Chelsea?

Carlo is finishing at the same place Sarri finished with essentially same squad. Both coaches won nothing

Anywho, none of these guys enjoy the luxury of the blank cheque and unlimited stability Guardiola enjoys.

Pep is achieving the bare minimum. And the only team that rivalled them in spending thus far is matching them blow for blow
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2019
ReysonDrabek:
A40
I just saw this and i cant stop laughing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:53am On Apr 24, 2019
chic2pimp:

Funny how these world beaters suddenly become "Past their prime" the season after Pep leaves. Same was said of the Bayern Players when we asked why they are yet to reach a CL semi(a feat Pep achieved back to back to back)since Pep left them. I 100% guarantee you that the same line of thought would be put forward once He leaves City.
Old Man Jupp took us to Semi-Final last season. The more pertinent question is why Pep is yet to get to even semis despite spending £500m+
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2019
[quote author=A40 post=77807434][/quote]

Plumbers and truck drivers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2019
I cant even lie I'm depressed right now. Stuck watching highlights from the 2017/18 season. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2019
SmooshCHN:
The Rap cannot beat Bron.. They don't even believe they can in the first place. I gave up on Derozan after he said "They'd have won if they had LeBron on their team". Abeg, LeBron is a force in the East.. 3yards GOAT material.

The good times cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2019
ReysonDrabek:
Who wants to bet against philly making it out of the east?

This offer still stands BTW. Lets put some money in escrow!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2019
aliondo:
Y'all heard Russ is working to be a great three point shooter next season?? wink smiley

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 24, 2019
birdman:

Agree with u on rockets, disagree on cavs. Rockets havent been in this situation before. I see a 4-2 or 4-1 win by gsw. No way cavs beat celtics. Lebron literally has to repeat magic 4 times againt the best coached team in the league. I would like it to happen, but it wont sad

Look at this clown. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

The good times cry
I've always been right when it comes to predictions.. My bracket still looking perfect. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2019
aliondo:
Y'all heard Russ is working to be a great three point shooter next season?? wink smiley
They said this last year. Dude shoots like Westbrook with Curry's mentality. 3yrs now he hasn't changed. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2019
SmooshCHN:
They said this last year. Dude shoots like Westbrook with Curry's mentality. 3yrs now he hasn't changed. grin grin

I prolly deserve all the bashing from you..You came outrightly brutal on him then and I initially used to disagree a lot with you but now I see what you were saying all this while..You were right all this while..
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2019
Nurkic don finish us with that shirt. . grin grin...Last season, it was 'a rookie' took us down... sad
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2019
I now see why K.D left...Man, if you can get your 3rd ring, go for it cos you deserve it but I ain't following you to the Warriors... wink wink
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2019
birdman:

Its all about rhythm. A good PG feeds into your rhythm - Russ wants to play PG and SG and rebounder (lol), and he disrupts other roles. For example, he steals rebounds that should belong to the center. In the same token, he took away clutch shots from Durant in those close playoff games. Its not hard to see how he forces an Oladipo to take a subservient role - Oladipo is explosive, a slasher even - if you give him the ball a split second late, defense is set already, negating his strengths.

Russ is not a a good PG, simple. Its not just about racking assists...he needs to sit down this offseason and study Curry, CP3, Jason Kidd, Stockton. Instead of shouting like a mad man everytime he makes a 3 pointer.
Bro...you absolutely right...I don't have a problem if he is ready to sit down and learn how to really play that PG position from peeps like CP3, Magic, Stockton, Kidd, Nash etc but Russ is just too arrogant, proud and stubborn. ..Cos of this, I just give up defending him till he is ready to change and learn..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:39am On Apr 24, 2019
aliondo:

Bro...you absolutely right...I don't have a problem if he is ready to sit down and learn how to really play that PG position from peeps like CP3, Magic, Stockton, Kidd, Nash etc but Russ is just too arrogant, proud and stubborn. ..Cos of this, I just give up defending him till he is ready to change and learn..
This part is everything. I hope Russ can change oo. Oh wait!!! We might be in trouble if he changes. Nah!! He is Russell Westbrook he can't change at 30. I hope I'm wrong though. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
A40:

Nobody disputed Oladipo was not better than his numbers. This was the source of disappointment to start with. Remember he was a 2nd pick

Of course Oladipo thriving in Indy could also be attributed to playing in an expanded role, in a team that wasn't expected to do much.

Fast forward to this season and if you check properly, Oladipo's numbers are all down from last season prior to his unfortunate injury which makes you wonder if last year was an outlier

Nah. You guys said Oladipo was a scrub. I said Oladipo was played out of rhythm and given the ball to shoot with 2 seconds left on the clock.

KD's regular season numbers were all down from last season. Numbers deflect here and there. Indy were seeded higher and Oladipo was on course to being an all star again back to back.

Koeman? Nobody tagged Koeman the best thing since sliced bread. Were you expecting trophy from Everton??

Benitez barely spent a full season at either club. Pep finished trophyless in his first season getting knocked out to Monaco in the freaking second round!! You think he wouldn't have gotten the boot at Madrid or Chelsea?

Carlo is finishing at the same place Sarri finished with essentially same squad. Both coaches won nothing

Anywho, none of these guys enjoy the luxury of the blank cheque and unlimited stability Guardiola enjoys.

Pep is achieving the bare minimum. And the only team that rivalled them in spending thus far is matching them blow for blow

Koeman puts the money theory to bed. He was great with all the minnows he coached. He is great again with Netherlands squad but failed miserably with more money.

That Benitez spent less than a season in Inter and RM is an indictment on his coaching. That Pep would have been fired at RM or Chelsea is moot considering they did not fire Mou in his 2nd term after finishing 3rd and trophyless nor did he get the boot in RM in his first season.

Carlo is finishing maybe 23points behind Sarri. That is exactly what he is doing. I am 100% sure Klopp crashed out to Wolves and Chelsea in competitions with better squads this is an aside from not winning anything in the same EPL. So how did the bare minimum criteria change for him?

Pep had also failed in the FA Cup back to back prior to this season. That one has been fixed. Every thing else that has not been fixed will be. Lucky for him, the UCL is something he has won, twice in.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2019
Eruditor:

Nah. You guys said Oladipo was a scrub. I said Oladipo was played out of rhythm and given the ball to shoot with 2 seconds left on the clock.

KD's regular season numbers were all down from last season. Numbers deflect here and there. Indy were seeded higher and Oladipo was on course to being an all star again back to back.
No. We said he played like one! He shot poorly throughout the series. That is the bitter truth. Every player has had bad series, even LeNomad James

Anyway no point delving deeper into the number of times he was given the ball with 2 seconds left on the clock because if we ask you to show and prove you might not be able to do so

Nope. KD shot 52% last season and shot 52% this season. His numbers were identical

Oladipo went from approx 48% shooting last season to 42% shooting. Significant difference

Eruditor:

Koeman puts the money theory to bed. He was great with all the minnows he coached. He is great again with Netherlands squad but failed miserably with more money.
How is Koeman great? What was his record before going to Everton

Eruditor:

That Benitez spent less than a season in Inter and RM is an indictment on his coaching. That Pep would have been fired at RM or Chelsea is moot considering they did not fire Mou in his 2nd term after finishing 3rd and trophyless nor did he get the boot in RM in his first season.
This one is neither here nor there. The difference between Pep's scenario and that of Benitez boils down to the former dealing with more patient employers. Even Pep knows that is why he is very selective of the type of teams he moves to

Mourinho won how many trophies his first tenure at Chelsea? He had the cache to earn another season

Mourinho won the CDR in his first year at Madrid ending a 4 year trophyless run

Eruditor:

Carlo is finishing maybe 23points behind Sarri. That is exactly what he is doing. I am 100% sure Klopp crashed out to Wolves and Chelsea in competitions with better squads this is an aside from not winning anything in the same EPL. So how did the bare minimum criteria change for him?

Pep had also failed in the FA Cup back to back prior to this season. That one has been fixed. Every thing else that has not been fixed will be. Lucky for him, the UCL is something he has won, twice in.
Lol what was Napoli's investment this season? Compare to Juventus adding Cristiano Ronaldo. Bottom line they are in the same boat with Sarri's team that won nothing and didn't even make the quarterfinals of the Europa

Everyone knows Klopp's target is CL and EPL. This is the first year he has had enough significant investment to compete and you can see for yourself the impact. I can bet you're praying fervently for City to win else your boy would be stuck with a Mickey mouse double

Lmaooo. Let's run down the teams Pep has faced in this season's FA Cup shall we?

And as for CL shebi na here we dey. When you were exonerating Pep at Bayern we warned you that this man don cast. Now he can't even cross quarterfinals
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Paul George really said that game-winning, series closing shot was a bad shot

Per Second Spectrum, Lillard is 8-of-12 from 30-plus feet this postseason, compared to 6-of-38 for everyone else.

He's right that it's a bad shot for anyone else but not the guy with the ball at the time
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
Now that dust is settled and the next round beckons on us, I have one request for the NBA through its referees for the Celtics v Bucks series.

I understand there is an intentional push by the league to have Giannis become the face of the league and to denounce the idea that small market teams can not cope in the current league.

I am not one to complain about officiating but it is imperative I raise this concern considering the antecedents going into the series. Please and please, officiate the game respectfully and fairly. Appropriate fouls fairly and accordingly without bias because one player is in the run in for the MVP or the face of the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
A40:
Old Man Jupp took us to Semi-Final last season. The more pertinent question is why Pep is yet to get to even semis despite spending £500m+

That's the thing. You guys are in a hurry. Give it time as I am confident that He would not only get to the SeminFinals, He will Win it.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
Roland17:
Now that dust is settled and the next round beckons on us, I have one request for the NBA through its referees for the Celtics v Bucks series.

I understand there is an intentional push by the league to have Giannis become the face of the league and to denounce the idea that small market teams can not cope in the current league.

I am not one to complain about officiating but it is imperative I raise this concern considering the antecedents going into the series. Please and please, officiate the game respectfully and fairly. Appropriate fouls fairly and accordingly without bias because one player is in the run in for the MVP or the face of the league.

grin game never start bros. celtic nation already having nigerian nightmares!

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Roland17:

This na your excuse when the bucks win in 5 games.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (2218) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.