Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644411 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 8:25am On Apr 26, 2019
birdman:
yomi96 are you feeling game 7 now?
dude you said it oo. I wish dey did not mess up in game 5 cause, it is harder to win in Denver. if we play like we did today in Denver with guys hitting shots, denver is gone. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:30am On Apr 26, 2019
Roland17:
I have raved about J. Havlicek on this thread before. He was our M. Smart before today's Smart on the defensive end. Dude was a very intelligent defender and a great 2-way player. He will forever bleed green in our hearts.

RIP John Havlicek

Wow. This is terrible news

May he RIP
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2019
#IAMGREATNESS!

For this was the thing the maverick proved;
ALL DREAMS ARE CRAZY UNTIL YOU MAKE THEM TRUE.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2019
@ReysonDrabek
Your boy King Kong really turning down $7m for a chance to fight AJ? Lol. He's either mid-juicing or scared
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2019
A40:
@ReysonDrabek
Your boy King Kong really turning down $7m for a chance to fight AJ? Lol. He's either mid-juicing or scared

Yeah thats pretty strange. Theyre saying PBC promised him a wilder rematch but that makes no sense whatsoever. Thats not enough reason to reject 7 mil especially since he only made half a mil vs wilder the first time and would still make less than 7 mil for the rematch. Really weird.

Thats if the reports are true. Match room have been known to bend the truth every once in a while.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
yomi96:
dude you said it oo. I wish dey did not mess up in game 5 cause, it is harder to win in Denver. if we play like we did today in Denver with guys hitting shots, denver is gone. grin

Spurs have the experience, this will be huge in a tension filled game 7. Denver has a lot of underachievers though, namely milsap and barton imo. Those guys are due a breakout game
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2019
Game 7s are lit! We are all looking forward to a Game 7 for Warrios Clippers too grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
A40:
Wow. This is terrible news

May he RIP

If you achieve all this man has and influenced so many people, and then die of natural causes at a ripe old age, my guy this is not terrible news. Sad, yeah. Not terrible though.
Maybe Ive seen too many passings recently and it has altered how I see it.

For sure, he will be missed, especially by Celtic nation. RIP sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Eruditor:

How many finals has he lost? When last did he win? If the same people he was beating to lose to the Warriors are still there, why would they all of a sudden become better than the Warriors team that he could not best?
Kawhi was not there

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
birdman:
Game 7s are lit! We are all looking forward to a Game 7 for Warrios Clippers too grin

We know why you are looking for Warriors v Clippers game 7 grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Yeah thats pretty strange. Theyre saying PBC promised him a wilder rematch but that makes no sense whatsoever. Thats not enough reason to reject 7 mil especially since he only made half a mil vs wilder the first time and would still make less than 7 mil for the rematch. Really weird.

Thats if the reports are true. Match room have been known to bend the truth every once in a while.
Why would he fight Wilder again? I heard he was offered $5m then they upped it to $7m

Ortiz is probably the only credible US opponent available hence their leverage but the word is Ortiz's camp are holding for $10mil which is madness if true. While Hearn is notorious for offering low offers, at some point you have to make the trade off. Do you want what would still be the biggest payday of your career or do you want to overplay your hand
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
birdman:

Spurs have the experience, this will be huge in a tension filled game 7. Denver has a lot of underachievers though, namely milsap and barton imo. Those guys are due a breakout game
That Barton is a wasteman. He's been awful for most of the series. Game 6 was the nadir
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
birdman:

If you achieve all this man has and influenced so many people, and then die of natural causes at a ripe old age, my guy this is not terrible news. Sad, yeah. Not terrible though.
Maybe Ive seen too many passings recently and it has altered how I see it.

For sure, he will be missed, especially by Celtic nation. RIP sad
You make a good point tbh. Plus it seems he died peacefully
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
A40:
Why would he fight Wilder again? I heard he was offered $5m then they upped it to $7m

Ortiz is probably the only credible US opponent available hence their leverage but the word is Ortiz's camp are holding for $10mil which is madness if true. While Hearn is notorious for offering low offers, at some point you have to make the trade off. Do you want what would still be the biggest payday of your career or do you want to overplay your hand

The heavyweight division is bad, like really bad. Outside the top 3 you have ortiz and dilian whyte who have both already been beaten by the top three, the rest are tomato cans. Then the fact that bar maybe Daniel Dubois there are no prospects in that division. And somehow the top three keep screwing the fans over. As for ortiz, i guess hes as dumb as he looks. I've given up on the heavyweight division.

BTW looking ahead to Canelo-Jacobs, who do you got?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

The heavyweight division is bad, like really bad. Outside the top 3 you have ortiz and dilian whyte who have both already been beaten by the top three, the rest are tomato cans. Then the fact that bar maybe Daniel Dubois there are no prospects in that division. And somehow the top three keep screwing the fans over. As for ortiz, i guess hes as dumb as he looks. I've given up on the heavyweight division.

BTW looking ahead to Canelo-Jacobs, who do you got?
For a bit it looked promising, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Pulev etc in the second tier. Don't know how it all went to shyte.

To be fair most of the heavyweight fights recently have been really good. The Chisora vs Whyte fight and the Whyte vs Parker fight was all out war.

I have my eye on Usyk and looking forward to see how he holds against Takam

Hard to see beyond a Canelo win. Canelo's chin is forged from granite so I don't know if Jacobs has enough power to score a decisive victory that would negate Champions advantage
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
A40:
For a bit it looked promising, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Pulev etc in the second tier. Don't know how it all went to shyte.

To be fair most of the heavyweight fights recently have been really good. The Chisora vs Whyte fight and the Whyte vs Parker fight was all out war.

I have my eye on Usyk and looking forward to see how he holds against Takam

Hard to see beyond a Canelo win. Canelo's chin is forged from granite so I don't know if Jacobs has enough power to score a decisive victory that would negate Champions advantage

The thing is all of those "exciting" fights ended exactly how most expected them to. Usyk is one of the best skilled boxers in the world but hes around 6'2 - 6'3 and will be giving up a lot of size because the smallest among the top heavyweights is joshua who is 6'6, wilders i think 6'7 and fury is 6'9. He said he'll eat a lot of spaghetti lol but i dont think that will be enough, a cruiserweight to heavyweight move is not an easy task. Takam is not the best person to prepare you for these guys but its a good start. He beats takam easily. I guess we'll see what happens. Very good point about Usyk, i absolutely forgot about him but i am cautiously optimistic.

I see canelo via stoppage in the later rounds. Even if it goes to the scorecards we know hes already up by four rounds so its hard to see past a canelo win. Not overlooking jacobs i know he gave GGG a tough fight, maybe even won but canelos looking more dangerous than ever these days. Was going to ask you about the Rungvisai fight but i know you probably wont watch that one.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:59am On Apr 27, 2019
K.D...Please come back for just one season cry cry....Just too efficient....The best Player in the League.... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:16am On Apr 27, 2019
KDs shoulders would be heavy right now.

I love the defensive intensity by this team tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Me against the world...Kevin Durant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md15-bpJpdY
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:40am On Apr 27, 2019
Durant is just showing these GS players that he's not their mate before he leaves, lol grin See what the lack of Lebron in the playoffs can do to a player.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Steph and Klay dropping 14pts combined midway through the 3rd quarter in a series clincher. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:03am On Apr 27, 2019
KD is great, carrying the team and what not but NBA refs can fvck off with the rubbish they are allowing on Curry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:04am On Apr 27, 2019
Hardetayour:
KDs shoulders would be heavy right now.

I love the defensive intensity by this team tonight

I hope people are seeing why we said the Rockets series would have ended 4-1 if Iggy did not get hurt.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:07am On Apr 27, 2019
KD stop passing. Just shoot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Eruditor:
KD stop passing. Just shoot.
I was expecting 70 points after that first half. Keep shooting over Beverly and he'll keep fouling. Him dey vex me
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:14am On Apr 27, 2019
Eruditor:

I hope people are seeing why we said the Rockets series would have ended 4-1 if Iggy did not get hurt.
Chris Paul and his people keep talking rubbish.

Harrel and Lou are playing garbage. If Gallo wasn't shooting well, the lead would Ave been larger
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Hardetayour:
Chris Paul and his people keep talking rubbish.

Harrel and Lou are playing garbage. If Gallo wasn't shooting well, the lead would Ave been larger

Nobody plays d like Iggy. I mean one on one d.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Hardetayour:
I was expecting 70 points after that first half. Keep shooting over Beverly and he'll keep fouling. Him dey vex me

He is starting to get cute and pass the ball making more TOs. Just keep shooting.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Eruditor:
KD is great, carrying the team and what not but NBA refs can fvck off with the rubbish they are allowing on Curry.
Lol, still blaming the refs? You should know that Stephen is not a "big moment" player.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Easy ring sniper at it again! Lets get this three peat! Please sweep the rockets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Arizona Cardinals used their No. 1 pick of the 2019 NFL draft to pick quarterback kyler Murray of the Oklahoma sooners. He was also drafted in the 2018 MLB draft as the 9th pick by the Oakland A's but he declined.

Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 9:25am On Apr 27, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6zzRe4sbA

Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets - Game 5 - Full Game Highlights | 2019 NBA Playoffs

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.