Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,272 members, 7,860,633 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1659740 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (2256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
darkelf:
My top ten players in the NBA now:

Kevin Durant

Giannis Adetokumbo

Kawhi Leonard

Steph Curry

Damian Lillard

Ben Simmons

Kyrie Irving

Nikola Jokic

Paul George

James Harden
Shhhh

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2019
Killrhymz:

Not to mention he's only 5'8 same as Seahawks Russell Wilson. awon eyan donlittle
I want to see how he reacts when he gets hit by the Aaron Donald's of this world
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59am On Apr 28, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

Canelos body shots are vicious, perhaps the second best body puncher in the world after Spence. He doesnt need to catch him on his jaw to stop him, especially how the rehydration clause has jacobs looking so skinny.

But you do realize a younger triple G is exactly what wilder is right? Of course GGG is the far superior boxer but his resume is filled with tomato cans and truck drivers. While Canelo is fighting a unification bout your man has reverted to old habits. Dont know if hes trying to avoid too much punishment in hopes of a canelo trilogy later this year. Say what you want about canelo, he fears no man, always goes after the best.

Sad about rungvisai. Hes not the same fighter he used to be anymore and his whole switch hit game plan was sh-t.
The body shots are the prequel. Jacobs is a tough kid, it would still likely take a hook or overhand to the chin to drop him.

Lmaooo noo. GGG didn't have such agricultural technique bruh. Plus the reason GGG doesn't have a better résumé is because nobody really wanted to fight him. Prime GGG was one of the most ducked fighters in the division

I don't know if I want to see another Canelo vs GGG fight. GGG is already in decline while Canelo is in his peak
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:06am On Apr 28, 2019
Siakam on Beast Mode. What a player
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 1:13am On Apr 28, 2019
steady986:
Shhhh

Lol

Why na?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:18am On Apr 28, 2019
Kawhi's spin on Butler. Awesome!
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:28am On Apr 28, 2019
Kawhi leonard is machine
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:35am On Apr 28, 2019
Lol Kawhi balling with Night King efficiency. Looks like in Marc Gasol the Raptors seem to have Embiid's medicine.

The Sixers badly need Redick to make those threes else them don enter one chance
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:50am On Apr 28, 2019
It almost looks like Kawhi hypnotizes his opponents because he is not particularly pushing the pace but every shot is well thought and methodical.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:59am On Apr 28, 2019
Siakam 11/13 3-4 3pt

Kawhi 11/16

Masai really a genius fam
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:02am On Apr 28, 2019
Roland17:
It almost looks like Kawhi hypnotizes his opponents because he is not particularly pushing the pace but every shot is well thought and methodical.
Perkins was dropping comparisons with him and the GOAT the other day and people kind of misunderstood him but if you look really well you would see some similarities. Apart from his ability to move at his own pace at all times, he is also able to get to his sweet spots regardless of which defender is on him.

I don't know how people watch guys like these and talk about James Harden being the most unstoppable offensive force
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:07am On Apr 28, 2019
Including his strength, the guy just has a favourable combination of qualities. He is a towering offence, but his efficiency just makes his offence overrated.
A40:
Perkins was dropping comparisons with him and the GOAT the other day and people kind of misunderstood him but if you look really well you would see some similarities. Apart from his ability to move at his own pace at all times, he is also able to get to his sweet spots regardless of which defender is on him.

I don't know how people watch guys like these and talk about James Harden being the most unstoppable offensive force

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:09am On Apr 28, 2019
benji93:
Including his strength, the guy just has a favourable combination of qualities.
I won't lie I was one of the Kawhi skeptics. Didn't think he would be playing at the level he was in that 2015/2016, 2016/2017 season this quickly
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:10am On Apr 28, 2019
2 or 3 seasons ago, I am not sure but on this thread I was arguing with some handles that Kawhi is already going to HOF and I am watching now and wondering why I bothered indulging that argument in the first place.
If the the Raptors make it to the finals, it would difficult to rule out a team with Kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:11am On Apr 28, 2019
A40:
I won't lie I was one of the Kawhi skeptics. Didn't think he would be playing at the level he was in that 2015/2016, 2016/2017 season this quickly

I have never ever questioned the Claw. I had a problem with how he left San Antonio but I always knew that a healthy Kawhi is virtually unstoppable on both ends.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:12am On Apr 28, 2019
Although i am a GSW fan, Kawhi is the only guy i believe can knock the GSW off their pedestal. Giannis, has not proven himself, so we might have to wait.
Roland17:
2 or 3 seasons ago, I am not sure but on this thread I was arguing with some handles that Kawhi is already going to HOF and I am watching now and wondering why I bothered indulging that argument in the first place.
If the the Raptors make it to the finals, it would difficult to rule out a team with Kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On Apr 28, 2019
@A40
Look at your boy Embiid stinking up the joint with a 4-14 showing. If na Jarret Allen and small children from Brooklyn now him go dey flex muscle.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:17am On Apr 28, 2019
Kawhi was growing into his own, and coach Pop has always been known as the alpha of that team, i guess Kawhi's family just want Kawhi to be in charge, although, it's hard to tell if he wanted that.
Roland17:

I have never ever questioned the Claw. I had a problem with how he left San Antonio but I always knew that a healthy Kawhi is virtually unstoppable on both ends.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18am On Apr 28, 2019
benji93:
Kawhi was growing into his own, and coach Pop has always been known as the alpha of that team, i guess Kawhi's family just want Kawhi to be in charge, although, it's hard to tell if he wanted that.

I don’t think we will know the entirety of the Kawhi story with the Spurs because Kawhi has remained silent for the most part and Pop has done same. I feel like there are some unknowns that may come out when all is said and done. But you are right, his family made the situation more difficult than it should have been.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:24am On Apr 28, 2019
Honestly, i think if the Raptors can come out of the east, irrespective of what happens against GSW(if we do get out, too)-although i think it will last for at least 6 games-Kawhi should stay. He has a second legit star in Siakam
Roland17:

I don’t think we will know the entirety of the Kawhi story with the Spurs because Kawhi has remained silent for the most part and Pop has done same. I feel like there are some unknowns that may come out when all is said and done. But you are right, his family made the situation more difficult than it should have been.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:43am On Apr 28, 2019
Roland17:
@A40
Look at your boy Embiid stinking up the joint with a 4-14 showing. If na Jarret Allen and small children from Brooklyn now him go dey flex muscle.
Lmaooo don't mind that Eediot. I'm low-key happy he is stinking up the joint after his rubbish behavior against the Nets. He don jam him size in Gasol he's now shooting poverty numbers.

People were even claiming he was the best player in this series. Turns out he might not even be the best Cameroonian
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53am On Apr 28, 2019
Brown quickly waved the white flag. Still got 3 and a half minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:55am On Apr 28, 2019
Hahahaha, the guy talks too much, he has met his match. The guy don fold. To even think a spanish is doing this to him.
A40:
Lmaooo don't mind that Eediot. I'm low-key happy he is stinking up the joint after his rubbish behavior against the Nets. He don jam him size in Gasol he's now shooting poverty numbers.

People were even claiming he was the best player in this series. Turns out he might not even be the best Cameroonian
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:58am On Apr 28, 2019
Roland17:

For me it was the fact that he took so long to come back and so I wondered if the injury was far more serious than we were being let on. Remember Tony Parker had similar injury and came back much earlier so you wondered if it was a mental or physical thing or both.

Either way it's great to see him back to his best. He really looked like a Dad playing with his kids today. Complete dominance on both ends
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:58am On Apr 28, 2019
Roland17:

Honestly this is the only sane position to take on this matter. Time will tell the story. Both sides have been wise and really havent said much to their ceedit. Except for all the spectators like Ginobili giving opinions.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:00am On Apr 28, 2019
benji93:
Hahahaha, the guy talks too much, he has met his match. The guy don fold. To even think a spanish is doing this to him.
The UFC elbow on Allen in the last round and then instead of apologizing was laughing at Allen in the post game Conference. And then the absolute nadir for me was when he called Jared Dudley a nobody. There comes a point when you move from entertaining to a flat out jackass
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:13am On Apr 28, 2019
Honestly, i thought that was low, he is also generally loose with words. I don't blame Simmons for laughing during the post conference,his choice of words was both condescension and a mockery. I have always suspected the guy na "ebu" though, losing his spark when an opposition comparable in length, size and will matches up. But one thing is certain about Embiid, if he can torch any player, he usually does scorch, but if he cannot, na to "ka" like "ede"
A40:
The UFC elbow on Allen in the last round and then instead of apologizing was laughing at Allen in the post game Conference. And then the absolute nadir for me was when he called Jared Dudley a nobody. There comes a point when you move from entertaining to a flat out jackass
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:21am On Apr 28, 2019
We all knew why the Sixers loss? Meek was not there to cheer.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:32am On Apr 28, 2019
Jokic is such a rebounding beast. Spurs have started really terribly.

DeFrozen 0/5 so far
Re: The NBA Begins by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:39am On Apr 28, 2019
A40:
Jokic is such a rebounding beast. Spurs have started really terribly.

DeFrozen 0/5 so far

Spurs really started so terribly!

End of 1st Quarter Spurs losing 13 : 23
Re: The NBA Begins by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:18am On Apr 28, 2019
HALFTIME : 34 : 47 ....Spurs losing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Killrhymz:
We all knew why the Sixers loss? Meek was not there to cheer.
I see the joke but they would need more than Meek Mill to make this series a competition because if the Claw and the Raps approach the rest of this series with this same game 1 approach, it may end up a sweep or a gentle man sweep at best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (2256) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.