Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620387 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 10:51pm On May 11, 2019
Khanben:
GSW were 8th in 3pt attempts this season, so this narrative that they live and die by the three is false. The rockets on the other hand were 1st and they are the sole team whose style of play fits that phrase.
The bucks who were 2nd in 3pt attempts only took that number as a means to open the lane for the Freak to dominate.
PS: sometimes I wonder what practice sessions in Houston are like. Will it just be Harden iso, then Chris Paul iso. Then that was a great practice guys.
Steady986, Nick Wright, Colin Cowherd and Will Cain disagrees with you. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 11, 2019
A40:
That is my point. The idea that you need a regular season MVP award to validate how good or dominant a player was in a certain era is rather erroneous to me. There has to be a healthy combination of Regular and post season excellence for you to tell me a player was consistently dominant

Kobe between 1999/2000 to 2010 only had 3 seasons where he didn't finish in the top 10 in MVP voting. In fact on 6 occasions he finished top 5. When you also consider he was also the best or second best player to teams that went to 7 Finals between that timeframe and the best playoff performer overall then suggesting Kobe didn't have an era is borderline irresponsible

Its not the be all and all but its certainly a factor. During this same period Shaq also went to the finals as the best player 4 times and once as the second best player. Shaq also just like kobe won one MVP and should have won it ahead of steve nash in 2005 and iverson in 2001 maybe even ahead of duncan in 2002. Also had multiple finishes in the top 5 within this period. For the first half of the decade, shaq clearly had the edge. I could also make an argument for duncan within this period too.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:56pm On May 11, 2019
I am shocked you are minding the guy, with all him "i be elder, you be newbie", the rockets shot 1 more 3 pointer than GSW, maybe that's not significantly better, like his brother Max Kellerman, all his predictions are based on "ifs" not the frequency/probability of successfully executing routine actions."If they shoot significantly better", how often can they do that in a 7 game series.Seriously though, for once, Max Kellerman resorted to probability to prove hte oglden state still had a better chance of winning the series, and it so happens, he was right, the rockets had a low chance of winning games 6 and then 7.
smoosh20:

Nick Wright has spoken so please come and educate us on what happened.. Or did the Warriors just cheat as usual?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Its not the be all and all but its certainly a factor. During this same period Shaq also went to the finals as the best player 4 times and once as the second best player. Shaq also just like kobe won one MVP and should have won it ahead of steve nash in 2005 and iverson in 2001 maybe even ahead of duncan in 2002. Also had multiple finishes in the top 5 within this period. For the first half of the decade, shaq clearly had the edge. I could also make an argument for duncan within this period too.
How was Shaq the best player 4 times? From 2002/2003 season Kobe overtook Shaq as the best player in Lakers uniform

I'm not in the shoulda coulda woulda business else Kobe should also have been MVP in 2006 and the GOAT should have won more than 5 MVPs. And did you say 2001? The year AI won scoring champ and led the league in steals and dragged Philly to 56-26 with the second best player averaging 12ppg grin grin

Meanwhile Shaq was a 28.7ppg and Kobe 28.5.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:04am On May 12, 2019
Frank Vogel? Goddamit! I cant friggin take it anymore! cry

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:16am On May 12, 2019
PRESS RELEASE:

After long discussions with friends, family, loved ones and my doctor, I have decided to take my talents to Oakland as the newest member of the GSW bandwagon until lebron leaves that garbage franchise or gets traded. This was not an easy decision to make as everyone knows the fondness i have for king james, but everyone who knows me also knows i have never liked the lakers organization or their deluded insufferable fan base. This is what i feel is best for me at this stage of my life for my mental and physical health. I look forward to winning as much as possible with the warriors and i wish laker lebron nothing but the best and i hope he finds everything hes looking for in LA.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On May 12, 2019
A40:

How was Shaq the best player 4 times? From 2002/2003 season Kobe overtook Shaq as the best player in Lakers uniform

I'm not in the shoulda coulda woulda business else Kobe should also have been MVP in 2006 and the GOAT should have won more than 5 MVPs. And did you say 2001? The year AI won scoring champ and led the league in steals and dragged Philly to 56-26 with the second best player averaging 12ppg grin grin

Meanwhile Shaq was a 28.7ppg and Kobe 28.5.

Not even in the mood for this sh-t anymore. I am clinically depressed.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:50am On May 12, 2019
I'm pleased. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:52am On May 12, 2019
Irving is coming to LA innit... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:21am On May 12, 2019
benji93:
How is it a problem, if anyone developed interest in the NBA, a few years ago courtesy of the beautiful game the GSW play? Do you get a trophy for following the NBA for over 20 years?, given this technology age, do you think any interested person cannot find materials about the NBA over the last 20/30 years? What you wan claim that is not available on the internet. Elder ko, Elder ni.
Lol. Are you offended? I was referring to guys like Smoosh20. Are you like him?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:32am On May 12, 2019
smoosh20:
Sorry o Baba, even if you're 55, I'd call you a novice and an ignorant fellow (it's not an insult. It's a description of someone who doesn't know and doesn't want to) about this basketball thing. Cos none of your predictions made sense and when we tell you, you'll argue and say folks are insulting you. If you have no knowledge about things, ask. Anyways you're wrong as usual about when I started watching the NBA and how I became a Warriors fan. You're wrong and has always been when it comes to basketball. You should ask questions more often. An elder should know these things
Lol. Virtually every analyst agreed that Rockets would win game 6, does that make them ignorant or less knowledgeable? What's your definition of knowledge sef? This is just you trying too hard to defend yourself. You're still a newbie and there's nothing you can say to change my mind. Benji93 has agreed that he started watching NBA within the past 5 years, do the same bro. There's nothing bad in it.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:59am On May 12, 2019
No i did not start watching in the last 5 years, i have been watching since Lebron's stint at Miami, although less intensely(only the playoffs),but you are correct if you mean, i have only been watching it intensely in the last 5 years. Nonetheless, not all "analysts" agreed to rockets in 6, although it depends on the people you recognize as analysts. Among many others, Chris Broussard, Stephen A smith were tilting towards the warriors in 7. Virtually is an overstatement.
steady986:

Lol. Virtually every analyst agreed that Rockets would win game 6, does that make them ignorant or less knowledgeable? What's your definition of knowledge sef? This is just you trying too hard to defend yourself. You're still a newbie and there's nothing you can say to change my mind. Benji93 has agreed that he started watching NBA within the past 5 years, do the same bro. There's nothing bad in it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:23am On May 12, 2019
steady986:

All the ESPn analysts bar one said the Rockets were going to win Game 6.

I know Nick Wright and Shannon said they would win the series in total. Tell me why Skip hardly supports Shannon's prediction? Because the team he roots for always loses. Just like the Cavs last year and the Rockets this year
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:51am On May 12, 2019
Hardetayour:

I know Nick Wright and Shannon said they would win the series in total. Tell me why Skip hardly supports Shannon's prediction? Because the team he roots for always loses. Just like the Cavs last year and the Rockets this year

Are people really this gullible? cheesy

Hate to break it to you but these are debate shows. They take opposing stands to have something to debate about. Even they dont believe most of the things they're saying but apparently you do. grin

And can you stop lying for a second like seriously why do you people keep lying to attack Nick Wright?

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1126443951521763328

This is what nick wright said about the rockets and its the exact opposite of what this guy is claiming, you people need to stop!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:26am On May 12, 2019
Anderson Silva needs to call it quit because he is ruining established records he gained when he was young and in his prime. Just end and salvage the records.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 6:48am On May 12, 2019
steady986:

You still skipped where I quoted that mess of a thing you called analysis where you were saying Houston can live without shooting three unlike warriors. Good thing you exposed yourself about regurgitating every nonsense you see on TV. Lying won't help you. Only you, Charles Barkley, Will Cain and some other clowns said Houston will win. Others think they had a chance. Baba, with all due respect because of your age I'll just say you don't know anything. Absolutely nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:21am On May 12, 2019
ipledge10:
I will advise u to join the team of ur favorite player. I don’t mean u should start following him all around like Lebron fans. I started supporting Chelsea after lampard performance in Euro 2004. I have been supporting Chelsea since then

That depends on the Individual though. For instance my Favourite Player of all time is The Dream however I don't support the Rockets. Same can be said for the NFL where my Favourite all time player is Barry Sanders and I don't support the Lions.

Roland17:
Anderson Silva needs to call it quit because he is ruining established records he gained when he was young and in his prime. Just end and salvage the records.

Money Talks my Guy. There is more money in UFC now than ever. My Guess is that He is trying to make as much money as possible.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2019
smoosh20:
You still skipped where I quoted that mess of a thing you called analysis where you were saying Houston can live without shooting three unlike warriors. Good thing you exposed yourself about regurgitating every nonsense you see on TV. Lying won't help you. Only you, Charles Barkley, Will Cain and some other clowns said Houston will win. Others think they had a chance. Baba, with all due respect because of your age I'll just say you don't know anything. Absolutely nothing.
Lol. What I analysed sounded dumb to you cos you disagree with it. That's your nature, everything you don't like looks stupid.

Get your facts right bro. Shannon, Skip, Broussard, Max all tipped Houston to win game 6.

Lol. I may not know anything, but I still know more than you.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:43am On May 12, 2019
Hardetayour:
Tell me why Skip hardly supports Shannon's prediction? Because the team he roots for always loses. Just like the Cavs last year and the Rockets this year

This is simpy not True. It's a TV show so ofcourse He will be at the opposite end of the Spectrum. That's how they generate their ratings. For instance, do you really and truly believe Paul Pierce was sincere in His stance of the Bucks- Celtics series being over after Game 1? Sharing the same views is a recipe for Disaster(boring and low TV ratings)
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:02am On May 12, 2019
Roland17:

His streak is intact for now, his legacy is also intact as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. More than money you can tell Anderson is just one of those people who love fighting. I'm more concerned about his physical health than his legacy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Not even in the mood for this sh-t anymore. I am clinically depressed.
Frank Vogel, Frank Spencer, Frank Lampard, Frank Underwood. Lakers to the playoffs grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:22am On May 12, 2019
In other news thug rose lost, i blame friggin pat barry somehow.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 10:28am On May 12, 2019
steady986:

Lol. What I analysed sounded dumb to you cos you disagree with it. That's your nature, everything you don't like looks stupid.

Get your facts right bro. Shannon, Skip, Broussard, Max all tipped Houston to win game 6.

Lol. I may not know anything, but I still know more than you.
I called your analysis nonsense not dumb or stupid. Stop feeling guilty. I'll wait for your next take. You've been wrong on everything so far hence your guilty conscience. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2019
smoosh20:
I called your analysis nonsense not dumb or stupid. Stop feeling guilty. I'll wait for your next take. You've been wrong on everything so far hence your guilty conscience. grin
Dumb, stupid, nonsense...what's the difference?
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 11:05am On May 12, 2019
steady986:

Dumb, stupid, nonsense...what's the difference?
Problem ti ẹ nìyẹn. grin grin
I called your analysis nonsense and they turned out to be nonsense as everyone here predicted. Not my fault
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:34am On May 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:
In other news thug rose lost, i blame friggin pat barry somehow.

They should have kept the fight in the US especially when you consider she was defending her belt. Agreeing to fight in Brazil was an over reach.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:53am On May 12, 2019
Roland17:

They should have kept the fight in the US especially when you consider she was defending her belt. Agreeing to fight in Brazil was an over reach.

Most fighters dont care where they fight honestly, rose was easily winning that fight when she tried to over commit to that kimura and got slammed. One of the most brutal KOs I've ever seen so thankfully she seems fine. This is one of the reasons why its more arduous for me to watch WMMA because its really difficult to see women hurt. Hopefully she gets a rematch and gets her belt back, shes one of the people i genuinely root for in MMA after everything shes gone through. Oh and screw Pat Barry.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2019
smoosh20:
Problem ti ẹ nìyẹn. grin grin
I called your analysis nonsense and they turned out to be nonsense as everyone here predicted. Not my fault
I'm not following undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:39pm On May 12, 2019
Honestly, Shannon blows hot and cold, he changed his mind, while Chris Broussard was a guest on their show. He usually bends when a better analyst presents a more convincing arguement. He picked GSW in 7, Skip picked the rockets in 7, although the three agreed they won't be surprised if GSW won game 6. But it is safe to say, some analysts have been consistently bad predictors.
Hardetayour:

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 7:53pm On May 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Are people really this gullible? cheesy

Hate to break it to you but these are debate shows. They take opposing stands to have something to debate about. Even they dont believe most of the things they're saying but apparently you do. grin

And can you stop lying for a second like seriously why do you people keep lying to attack Nick Wright?

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1126443951521763328

This is what nick wright said about the rockets and its the exact opposite of what this guy is claiming, you people need to stop!
Miss me with your gabbage guy. But u believe it when Shannon and Nick Wright say LeBum is the GOAT. Just geddifok mehn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2203) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.