Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624471 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:20pm On May 21, 2019
Yes you can, when you don't make the playoffs. You guys always find a way to bring Lebron into any conversation, apparently the NBA can thrive without Lebron. Don'tworry, he will get another chance next year.
steady986:

How do you reclaim something you never let go of in the first place?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:23pm On May 21, 2019
I hope the way the role/bench players in GSW put on a clinic since KD's injury will finally put to bed all the Steve Kerr is overrated or not a good coach stuff. This guy understands basketball and a HOF caliber coach
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
Yes you can, when you don't make the playoffs. You guys always find a way to bring Lebron into any conversation, apparently the NBA can thrive without Lebron. Don'tworry, he will get another chance next year.
LeNomad has 2 good years left tops. Watch how Father Time would give him the Deontay Wilder treatment

The decline of players in the wrong side of 30 is usually steep and brutal just ask Peyton Manning
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 21, 2019
smoosh20:
Ramadan kini? Uncle go and eat and stop wasting your time. grin cheesy

shocked

You are obviously going to hell smoosh. Get away from me yee.

The devil sent yee to tempt me.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2019
Let me sound a note of warning to Golden State as well. Some of what they did this series is formula for disaster against Milwaukee and to a lesser degree Toronto. Neither team would blow 15+ points lead thrice
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
LeNomad has 2 good years left tops. Watch how Father Time would give him the Deontay Wilder treatment

The decline of players in the wrong side of 30 is usually steep and brutal just ask Peyton Manning

You speak of the king as if hes any mere mortal. He has been anointed by the Lord himself, he will reign for as long as he pleases.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
Lol, he's just sitting on his throne watching as everyone jostles for his throne. Kyrie has failed woefully, Harden tried but he jam rock, KD started poorly, then started gaining momentum until LeBron sent him the god of injury, then Curry started taking advantage of the injury, but he won't end well because KD will come back and slow him down. Gianni's just scored 12 points in a game that went to double overtime, that's bad if you want to claim the throne. Embiid, well, I don't need to say much about him. PG was playoff PG and Westbrooke was Westbrick. That leaves only one, Kawhi. I like Kawhi, but all his efforts would come to naught if he fails to make the Finals.

So, LeBron is still King my brother.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

You speak of the king as if hes any mere mortal. He has been anointed by the Lord himself, he will reign for as long as he pleases.
You're in for a rude shock my friend. We saw his basketball mortality last season. I hate to break it to you but it will only get worse.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2019
Y'all don't seem to understand how versatile the King is. He could easily be used in a PG position and change his numbers to 20/8/12, or just focus on scoring and average 30/7/5. Which ever way, those are all all-star numbers. Last year, he combined PG and Forward and averaged 27/8/8 and he'll be 35 just after next season begins. Think about that. Even if he declines, he surely can't go from 27/8/8 to 15/5/5, not possible.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
You're in for a rude shock my friend. We saw his basketball mortality last season. I hate to break it to you but it will only get worse.
What did we see? We saw someone who spent 6 weeks out with an injury that would normally take mere mortals 6 months to heal. Do you think he spends $1.5m on his body yearly for nothing?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2019
steady986:

What did we see? We saw someone who spent 6 weeks out with an injury that would normally take mere mortals 6 months to heal.
In what planet does a groin strain take 6 months to heal? Lmaooo stop clowning bro

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:30pm On May 21, 2019
You were very specific on picking on the shortcoming of some of your King's rivals, but you seem to have forgotten a vital information. How does a king get to the finals 9 times and win only 3. That's a very terrible record for a King. Oh sorry, we didn't discuss his dominion, King of what? Losses maybe? hehehehehe.
steady986:

Lol, he's just sitting on his throne watching as everyone jostles for his throne. Kyrie has failed woefully, Harden tried but he jam rock, KD started poorly, then started gaining momentum until LeBron sent him the god of injury, then Curry started taking advantage of the injury, but he won't end well because KD will come back and slow him down. Gianni's just scored 12 points in a game that went to double overtime, that's bad if you want to claim the throne. Embiid, well, I don't need to say much about him. PG was playoff PG and Westbrooke was Westbrick. That leaves only one, Kawhi. I like Kawhi, but all his efforts would come to naught if he fails to make the Finals.

So, LeBron is still King my brother.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 21, 2019
steady986:
Y'all don't seem to understand how versatile the King is. He could easily be used in a PG position and change his numbers to 20/8/12, or just focus on scoring and average 30/7/5. Which ever way, those are all all-star numbers. Last year, he combined PG and Forward and averaged 27/8/8 and he'll be 35 just after next season begins. Think about that. Even if he declines, he surely can't go from 27/8/8 to 15/5/5, not possible.

Thats what i keep telling people. Lebron without his athleticism is Magic Johnson or at worst prime John Stockton/Jason Kidd. The only thing that can realistically put him down is injuries.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
You were very specific on picking on the shortcoming of some of Kings rivals, but you seem to have forgotten vital information. How does a king get to the finals 9 times and win only 3. That's a terrible record for a King.

How does jordan play in the league 15 years but only make the finals 6 times? That is a horrible record.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:44pm On May 21, 2019
No it's not, Kings grow too, or you can say, princes grow . He was a prince earlier in his career, once he got his "Balogun", he was ready for the kingship. For all his finals battles, he kicked ass. What shall it profit a man to Kick the asses of minions, and when he comes up against a worthy rival, he folds most of the time. Ofcourse we will tell tales of such a king, who goes to battle against the US, against Germany, against France, against Russia, and got his ass kicked most of time.Oh he put up a good fight, he killed a 1000 warriors, he destroyed their fleets. But ultimately lacked the will and ability to deal the final blow. Long may he reign, "King of Losses".
ZenHallewell:

How does jordan play in the league 15 years but only make the finals 6 times? That is a horrible record.
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 3:01pm On May 21, 2019
steady986:

He i phenomenal, no doubt
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 3:04pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
You were very specific on picking on the shortcoming of some of your King's rivals, but you seem to have forgotten a vital information. How does a king get to the finals 9 times and win only 3. That's a very terrible record for a King. Oh sorry, we didn't discuss his dominion, King of what? Losses maybe? hehehehehe.

A very significant point

However, to get to the finals 9 times is worthy of huge commendation

Many players never get to experience what it is like to play in the finals their entire career
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 3:06pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

But he won 6 of those times you just mentioned

Note the word "WON"
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
In what planet does a groin strain take 6 months to heal? Lmaooo stop clowning bro
The doctor who treated him says otherwise, who are we to argue?
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 3:11pm On May 21, 2019
Khanben:
I hope the way the role/bench players in GSW put on a clinic since KD's injury will finally put to bed all the Steve Kerr is overrated or not a good coach stuff. This guy understands basketball and a HOF caliber coach

Wow, did people really say that? shocked

Steve Kerr overrated? Wow. That is just pure hate.

He built the dynasty that they are and did not rely on one player to help him win a ring like Ty Lue
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
If he was in a star-studded team like the one KD is in right now, he would probably be 7 of 9
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 21, 2019
darkelf:

But he won 6 of those times you just mentioned

Note the word "WON"

What about the 9 times he didnt win
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 3:16pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

What about the 9 times he didnt win
He didn't get to the finals fifteen times bro.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
No it's not, Kings grow too, or you can say, princes grow . He was a prince earlier in his career, once he got his "Balogun", he was ready for the kingship. For all his finals battles, he kicked ass. What shall it profit a man to Kick the asses of minions, and when he comes up against a worthy rival, he folds most of the time. Ofcourse we will tell tales of such a king, who goes to battle against the US, against Germany, against France, against Russia, and got his ass kicked most of time.Oh he put up a good fight, he killed a 1000 warriors, he destroyed their fleets. But ultimately lacked the will and ability to deal the final blow. Long may he reign, "King of Losses".
LOL Confirmation you dont know basketball. All the years he was averaging 40 in a series and losing he didnt reach get his "balogon" right? LOL! Only thing that changed is he got scottie pippen and phil jackson and a decent team, thats when started to win. Before then he would kill it in the regular season and when he met worthy opposition like the celtics he got swept. twice he got swept in the first round too. Was that his fault? Your man was on a 72 win team and bullied lesser opposition than lebron. His team went from 57 to 55 wins without him at one point because his team was that good, just like KD to an extent. Lebron on the other hand came from 3-1 down to beat a 73 win team. When lebron was the same age as the gamblers first year he was dragging a team to the finals where he lost, thats lebrons fault too yeah?

The worst team lebron faced in the finals has a better net rating than thE best team bald derozan faced in the finals. This clown wants to come and talk about worthy opposition when his goat dominated farmers and carpenters LOOOL! Again the 9 years he was losing, or in 1995 when he got destroyed by shaq and penny, what exactly happened? Again if he is so good how comes he only won 6 times in 15 seasons? By far the dumbest argument in NBA is the rings argument and anyone who subscribes to it is equally as dumb!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 21, 2019
darkelf:

He didn't get to the finals fifteen times bro.

LOL So he lost before the finals? he didnt even make the finals? he got swept twice in the first round? embarrassing!

Not my GOAT!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 21, 2019
Fun Fact: Michael Jordan got swept by this guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Ocon: 3:41pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

LOL Confirmation you dont know basketball. All the years he was averaging 40 in a series and losing he didnt reach get his "balogon" right? LOL! Only thing that changed is he got scottie pippen and phil jackson and a decent team, thats when started to win. Before then he would kill it in the regular season and when he met worthy opposition like the celtics he got swept. twice he got swept in the first round too. Was that his fault? Your man was on a 72 win team and bullied lesser opposition than lebron. His team went from 57 to 55 wins without him at one point because his team was that good, just like KD to an extent. Lebron on the other hand came from 3-1 down to beat a 73 win team. When lebron was the same age as the gamblers first year he was dragging a team to the finals where he lost, thats lebrons fault too yeah?

The worst team lebron faced in the finals has a better net rating than thE best team bald derozan faced in the finals. This clown wants to come and talk about worthy opposition when his goat dominated farmers and carpenters LOOOL! Again the 9 years he was losing, or in 1995 when he got destroyed by shaq and penny, what exactly happened? Again if he is so good how comes he only won 6 times in 15 seasons? By far the dumbest argument in NBA is the rings argument and anyone who subscribes to it is equally as dumb!
Mehn!! cool cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 21, 2019
UNDISPUTED LIST OF NBA'S TOP 10 GREATEST PLAYERS.

1. The GOAT, King James.

Tier 2

Kareem Abduljabbar

Michael Jordan

Tier 3

Magic Johnson.

Wilt Chamberlain.

Bill Russell.

Tier 4

Shaq.

Tim Duncan.

Hakeem Olajuwon.

Kobe Bryant.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2019
steady986:

The doctor who treated him says otherwise, who are we to argue?
You people too gullible. No be only 6 months na 6 years. Come and show me the athlete that took 6 months to recover from a groin strain

Why am I even talking about a ninja who failed to make playoffs. Thank you, See you next season

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:48pm On May 21, 2019
Guy i am not a Jordan fan,i but the measure of greatness has to be a balance between rings and stats. Net rating, what the hell does that mean, you mean by "Vegas" standard. I ma afraid the only time Lebron won was when he had a decent team, even moreso a great team in Miami. He was only able to beat the golden state after he got draymond suspended for game 5, thus changing the complexion of the series. And why bring age into the matter, Lebron was already in the league when he was 18. So the most suitable comparison can only be based on the number of years spent. Who gives a Bleep about his averages of 40 points in some of the series. Jordan got swept by the Celtics with 4 hall of famers, and sorry i thought the yoruba word "Balogun-Lietenant or Commander" was pretty popular, and that was referring to Pippen. You consider averages of almost 40 against a team led by Derozan an achievement. Jordan averaged almost a 50 with over 50% FGP against the stacked celtics in 1986, i will consider that a stellar performance but that's not winning. Posting great numbers and getting swept at the same time is kind a paradox. Win with great numbers bro, infact, win with 2 points. Meanwhile remember a sweep was in 3 games, then, i might comeback from beeing 3 zero down, you never know(Lebron and Kyrie style). On a serious note, the last i checked Lebron is prone to a bald head too. He may have pushed it's manifestation forward, but nature always catches up. Because the BB ball of this era is better televised and more marketable, that makes it a better league. My friend "shin", 16 years is definitely a good sample size to judge greatness. the last i checked in year 16, lebron has lost in 6 finals. If you cannot beat a team you supposedly called stacked you can protest by not participating. He bulldozed through the east for 9 years, when he finally got into a better conference, he got bounced. He didn't even make the play offs.

ZenHallewell:

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:51pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
You people too gullible. No be only 6 months na 6 years. Come and show me the athlete that took 6 months to recover from a groin strain

Why am I even talking about a ninja who failed to make playoffs. Thank you, See you next season
You didn't see the part where they said 6 weeks or longer abi. Issorait
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:53pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

One of the benefits of ramadan is to help people understand what the impoverished go through. And you know sometimes around mid day i start to understand you mate. I have decided to stop making fun of the wretched and impecunious. Instead i will pray that God lifts you from this beggarly and broke stage in your life so you know why people who arent broke a-s niggas dont massage their imaginary clitoris over things they see online. I am not mad at you, i just pity you, and if you ever need something to eat just send me a dm. No one should have to suffer the way you clearly are. cry
Loooooooooooooooooooooooool. If anybody knows this guy offline, I really need to meet him. He's funny as Bleep

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.