Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624081 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:08pm On May 21, 2019
Hardetayour:
He still replied Broussard yesterday sef. I felt for him.

We're different, we handle things differently. I understand him.

My only issue is not replying. It is the way he does it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:15pm On May 21, 2019
steady986:

Man, you should have a TV show called the REF WATCH where you spot out all the mistakes the refs make in every single game.

Never mind what haters say/ ignore them till they fade away/ amazing they're ungrateful after all the game I gave away/

LOL

Refs mistake is one thing. Home cooking is another. Don't worry, the smart GSW fans on here know the difference. They are the only audience I care about.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:17pm On May 21, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:
Clean Sweep grin grin grin
Man like Eruditor. Man can calm you down even when the GSW's down 20. Respect!
KD needs GS more than we need him. He's deffo staying

They know he is staying. They only want to make him feel bad if he does.

As per remaining calm, once I trust what the coach is doing, I am usually calm. Most times na faith brother. LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:20pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

Pay him and then pay Draymond and Klay with what? peanuts. Well Klay will probably be the most likely to take a pay cut.

And i thought you were a steph curry fan? Instead of chasing magic you really want him to be a role player on his own team? You want him to finish his career with no FMVP or new MVP trophy? Dont you want him to shred the league again? KD leaving is whats best for everyone. cheesy

LOL. But Lakers will pay who who and who? Or Knicks will pay who who and who?

GSW will pay the luxury tax for those players. Who is a fool? Why destroy something that is once in a life time? When will GSW be this good again?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
Guy i am not a Jordan fan,i but the measure of greatness has to be a balance between rings and stats. Net rating, what the hell does that mean, you mean by "Vegas" standard. I ma afraid the only time Lebron won was when he had a decent team, even moreso a great team in Miami. He was only able to beat the golden state after he got draymond suspended for game 5, thus changing the complexion of the series. And why bring age into the matter, Lebron was already in the league when he was 18. So the most suitable comparison can only be based on the number of years spent. Who gives a Bleep about his averages of 40 points in some of the series. Jordan got swept by the Celtics with 4 hall of famers, and sorry i thought the yoruba word "Balogun-Lietenant or Commander" was pretty popular, and that was referring to Pippen. You consider averages of almost 40 against a team led by Derozan an achievement. Jordan averaged almost a 50 with over 50% FGP against the stacked celtics in 1986, i will consider that a stellar performance but that's not winning. Posting great numbers and getting swept at the same time is kind a paradox. Win with great numbers bro, infact, win with 2 points. Meanwhile remember a sweep was in 3 games, then, i might comeback from beeing 3 zero down, you never know(Lebron and Kyrie style). On a serious note, the last i checked Lebron is prone to a bald head too. He may have pushed it's manifestation forward, but nature always catches up. Because the BB ball of this era is better televised and more marketable, that makes it a better league. My friend "shin", 16 years is definitely a good sample size to judge greatness. the last i checked in year 16, lebron has lost in 6 finals. If you cannot beat a team you supposedly called stacked you can protest by not participating. He bulldozed through the east for 9 years, when he finally got into a better conference, he got bounced. He didn't even make the play offs.

Hehehehe he can't even embrace his baldness. Insecurity is a moraphucka

Abeg make we focus on teams wey dey playoffs jare

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
Guy i am not a Jordan fan,i but the measure of greatness has to be a balance between rings and stats. Net rating, what the hell does that mean, you mean by "Vegas" standard.
LOL I told you, you dont know basketball. Net rating has nothing to do with vegas small fry.

I ma afraid the only time Lebron won was when he had a decent team, even moreso a great team in Miami. He was only able to beat the golden state after he got draymond suspended for game 5, thus changing the complexion of the series.
And when has that bald degenerate ever won without a decent team? The 90's bulls are arguably the greatest team of all time.

Where was draymond green in game 6 and 7 in his own house? LOL! Try again!

Bill Russell has the numbers and 11 rings, why is he not the GOAT?

And why bring age into the matter, Lebron was already in the league when he was 18. So the most suitable comparison can only be based on the number of years spent. Who gives a Bleep about his averages of 40 points in some of the series. Jordan got swept by the Celtics with 4 hall of famers, and sorry i thought the yoruba word "Balogun-Lietenant or Commander" was pretty popular, and that was referring to Pippen. You consider averages of almost 40 against a team led by Derozan an achievement. Jordan averaged almost a 50 with over 50% FGP against the stacked celtics in 1986, i will consider that a stellar performance but that's not winning. Posting great numbers and getting swept at the same time is kind a paradox. Win with great numbers bro, infact, win with 2 points. Meanwhile remember a sweep was in 3 games, then, i might comeback from beeing 3 zero down, you never know(Lebron and Kyrie style).
Ohh so now the opposition matters? Now he needs a lieutenant? LMAO Just watch how this walking contradiction will go on to blame lebron without a second star for not making the playoffs when he lost the most crucial part of it through injury.

Point is your man never won a playoff series without pippen and never won a ring without both him and phil jackson. Hes demar derozan on the warriors against a pack of bums.

On a serious note, the last i checked Lebron is prone to a bald head too. He may have pushed it's manifestation forward, but nature always catches up. Because the BB ball of this era is better televised and more marketable, that makes it a better league. My friend "shin", 16 years is definitely a good sample size to judge greatness. the last i checked in year 16, lebron has lost in 6 finals. If you cannot beat a team you supposedly called stacked you can protest by not participating. He bulldozed through the east for 9 years, when he finally got into a better conference, he got bounced. He didn't even make the play offs.
LOL Lebrons bald head is not like jordans danny devito baldness cheesy cheesy

Small fry jordan made the playoffs with 30 wins, dont even start that playoffs nonsense with me. I told you, farmers league.

The league is better because the athletes are better and talent is better due to improvements in scouting, analytics and technology. Small fry andre drummond will tear that farmers league apart. So the east is weak and the west is strong but if lebron loses to a western team its his fault LMAO! Keep moving the goal post. Oh and Robert horry is 7-0 in the finals, therefore by your logic hes better than the bald reprobate.

A40 you may want to come and defend your goat, this clown is embarrassing him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 21, 2019
A40:

Hehehehe he can't even embrace his baldness. Insecurity is a moraphucka

Abeg make we focus on teams wey dey playoffs jare

Jeffrey wishes his baldness is like lebrons the friggin samuel L jackson looking as- nigga.

Difference.

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 6:53pm On May 21, 2019
LeBron won't win a ring is KD re-signs with the Warriors. -Richard Jefferson. A former cavalier who played with LeBron.

And this is why the media wants KD out of the Warriors by any means necessary. They know it's never going to be a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RbnghqCGI
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 21, 2019
Hardetayour:
Loooooooooooooooooooooooool. If anybody knows this guy offline, I really need to meet him. He's funny as Bleep

I'd like to meet you too but the first and (most likely the last time) i was in the south i was sexually harassed by a couple of ladies at an atm queue, like i'm not even kidding. You have no idea what thats like. I still have nightmares about it. Curse of being good looking am i right? well, you wouldn't know.

Anyways, if you are ever in any state in the north or around the middle belt let me know. Will be happy to show up and show you why the north is the BOMB. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 21, 2019
Man say they're gonna smack man about and they see man in the flesh and they dont want it cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 21, 2019
smoosh20:
LeBron won't win a ring is KD re-signs with the Warriors. -Richard Jefferson. A former cavalier who played with LeBron.

And this is why the media wants KD out of the Warriors by any means necessary. They know it's never going to be a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5RbnghqCGI

If the lakers get AD and Kawhi i dont care what the serpent does we are going to beat the warriors so bad oakland will be annexed to mexico.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

Jeffrey wishes his baldness is like lebrons the friggin samuel L jackson looking as- nigga.

Difference.
Lmaooooo why not show the massive bald spot crater on the head. Embrace your alopecia nigga. Hair don't make the man

The GOAT embraced his baldness early. It's a sign of security not someone using multiple products to delay the inevitable

LeIgun grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 21, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL. But Lakers will pay who who and who? Or Knicks will pay who who and who?

GSW will pay the luxury tax for those players. Who is a fool? Why destroy something that is once in a life time? When will GSW be this good again?

Probably kyrie/kawhi and then trade for bradley beal.

SMH, then wardell will never be the GOAT PG, Will always be remembered as a role player. The Kyrie to KDs Lebron. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:22pm On May 21, 2019
Gerara here man, did you read my earlier post, there has to be a balance between the number of championships and individual stats. Although horry has 7 championships he does not have the individual stats to put him up against the greatest. So come up with another argument bro, If it's not that bad , why can't he embrace or shave. Your King trying to cheat nature i guess. The rating bullshit is all driven by the paradigm change , technology and all that.

LOL I told you, you dont know basketball. Net rating has nothing to do with vegas small fry.

[quote author=ZenHallewell post=78593168]

I have never made any argument denying the greatness of Michael Jordan's Bulls, but he played with only one other all star.

And when has that bald degenerate ever won without a decent team? The 90's bulls are arguably the greatest team of all time.
Like i said the tide changed in game 4m and he missed game 5. You can change the complexion of a series in one game.

A game is capable of derailing or changing the complexion of a team. Draymond grenn had an important role.
Where was draymond green in game 6 and 7 in his own house? LOL! Try again!

Again you are terrible at reading. Bill Russel had at least 3 all other all stars for each of his championships, you can't get easier than that. Meanwhile it wasn't just three guys making the all star team, it was rotating amongst the starting 5, with Bill Russel makingall the all star teams bar 1957. So with practically played with all -star caliber teamates, with one other guy winning the MVP earlier. They also only had to beat 2 teams to the finals. So i am afraid, it wasn't as competitive.

Bill Russell has the numbers and 11 rings, why is he not the GOAT?
The most crucial part you say, when they were losing to some bottom ranked teams, while he played. I have never argued that he doesn't need all stars to win. Everyone does, my argument is solely based on the number of itmes he has one against hte number of times he has been, this actually reveals the weakness of the East during his dominance.

Ohh so now the opposition matters? Now he needs a lieutenant? LMAO Just watch how this walking contradiction will go on to blame lebron without a second star for not making the playoffs when he lost the most crucial part of it through injury.

Again, we will never know if he would have won without any of those. So you cannot base your argument on it. The same way, i could argue that, if Hakeem had Ralph Sampson for at least 8 years, he could easily have at least 8 championships. They took the Celtics to 6 games in 1986. Their team was on the rise. However could have, should have is not exactly a point, It is an excuse.

Point is your man never won a playoff series without pippen and never won a ring without both him and phil jackson. Hes demar derozan on the warriors against a pack of bums.

Honestly, this is not basketball so kill it. That's nature in play here.

LOL Lebrons bald head is not like jordans danny devito baldness cheesy cheesy

So what happened in the play offs? He lost in the first round each time his team had less than 40 teams. He was shown he did not belong there yet.

Small fry jordan made the playoffs with 30 wins, dont even start that playoffs nonsense with me. I told you, farmers league.
I beseech thee, read before you comment. The measure of Greatness does not ultimately depend on the number of rings. No one is arguing that the league has not gotten better. The players got better, the stars got better, and the super stars got even better, that trend is still on the rise. I mean we have a durable guy like lebron, who has not had any serious injury until recently, thanks to all the reasons you stated. The only way we can compare great players across Eras is to assess winningness in relation to the level of talent and tech around the league.

The league is better because the athletes are better and talent is better due to improvements in scouting, analytics and technology. Small fry andre drummond will tear that farmers league apart. So the east is weak and the west is strong but if lebron loses to a western team its his fault LMAO! Keep moving the goal post. Oh and Robert horry is 7-0 in the finals, therefore by your logic hes better than the bald reprobate.

A40 you may want to come and defend your goat, this clown is embarrassing him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo why not show the massive bald spot crater on the head. Embrace your alopecia nigga. Hair don't make the man

The GOAT embraced his baldness early. It's a sign of security not someone using multiple products to delay the inevitable

LeIgun grin grin

Why are you posting old pictures? everyone knows lebrons hairline made a bigger comeback than the cavs in 2016.

All hail the King of Comebacks!
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:29pm On May 21, 2019
I see a lot of Durant is sensitive comments but kobe and mj were tough men. I disagree with this, imagine if kobe and mj played in this social media era were every thing u do and say is microanalyzed and everyone has an opportunity to say rubbish at you. I am pretty sure kobe and mj would have been seen as ultrasensitive and psychopaths by the way they handle it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 7:34pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

I'd like to meet you too but the first and (most likely the last time) i was in the south i was sexually harassed by a couple of ladies at an atm queue, like i'm not even kidding. You have no idea what thats like. I still have nightmares about it. Curse of being good looking am i right? well, you wouldn't know.

Anyways, if you are ever in any state in the north or around the middle belt let me know. Will be happy to show up and show you why the north is the BOMB. grin
Lol. Clown ass. I might be in the middle belt in August for a conference, don't k ow which state yet tho.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2019
benji93:
Gerara here man, did you read my earlier post, there has to be a balance between the number of championships and individual stats. Although horry has 7 championships he does not have the individual stats to put him up against the greatest. So come up with another argument bro, If it's not that bad , why can't he embrace or shave. Your King trying to cheat nature i guess.

LOOOL! In that case bill russell is the GOAT, or better yet Kareem Abduljabbar is the GOAT.

Now you are talking about the context of how someone won a ring? Like i said, keep moving goal posts small fry.

Why shave it off if he still has something to work with? And who told you he hasnt gone all bald before? At least he still has some hair to work with, your man cant grow hair on his head if he drinks rogaine like water small fry. Lebron is just doing you a favor, hes a hundred times scarier without the hair.

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:36pm On May 21, 2019
etidy:
I see a lot of Durant is sensitive comments but kobe and mj were tough men. I disagree with this, imagine if kobe and mj played in this social media era were every thing u do and say is microanalyzed and everyone has an opportunity to say rubbish at you. I am pretty sure kobe and mj would have been seen as ultrasensitive and psychopaths by the way they handle it.

The bias against Durant especially by bronsexuals makes you empathize with him even if you have his weak move to the warriors, it feels personal sometimes.
If you want to analyze sports that's okay.! But when it gets to the point where a journalist starts psychoanalysing a player and somehow acquires superpowers to know what the player is thinking in his head, then a line is being crossed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 21, 2019
Eruditor:

Never mind what haters say/ ignore them till they fade away/ amazing they're ungrateful after all the game I gave away/

LOL

Refs mistake is one thing. Home cooking is another. Don't worry, the smart GSW fans on here know the difference. They are the only audience I care about.

This phrase is a paradox.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

Why are you posting old pictures? everyone knows lebrons hairline made a bigger comeback than the cavs in 2016.

All hail the King of Comebacks!
Yeah. A surgical comeback! I can only imagine the amount of wax that's seeped into his cranium. Homeboy walking around with Chernobyl on his dome all cause he won't embrace His baldness. #NotMyGOAT
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 21, 2019
etidy:

The bias against Durant especially by bronsexuals makes you empathize with him even if you have his weak move to the warriors, it feels personal sometimes.
If you want to analyze sports that's okay.! But when it gets to the point where a journalist starts psychoanalysing a player and somehow acquires superpowers to know what the player is thinking in his head, then a line is being crossed.

Ohh boohoo whatever that serpent faces lebron faces ten fold. You dont see him go about b-tching like hes menstruating.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2019
Ahn Ahn. Na by force?

Is it not better to be bald than to be carrying this upandan. What kind of struggle is this?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2019
etidy:

Lol naah I don't think any athlete dealt with more hate than Kobe. From his run-in with Shaq where everyone sided with Shaq to Colorado to just having the reputation as a selfish and pain in the a$$ teammate

The difference with Kobe is at no point did he ever care what anyone thought about him. He fed off all the hate and till this day you watch his interviews and everything and the defiance and unapologetic nature he possesses is unmistakable. Guys like LeNomad and KD wanted to be loved, KD knew he would get heat for joining GS, what he thought was being the best player would make that go away but instead it seems to have worsened things especially from the camp of pained Bronsexuals who feel he has denied their queen a shot at more championships. It is what it is
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
Ahn Ahn. Na by force?

Is it not better to be bald than to be carrying this upandan. What kind of struggle is this?

grin

Someone said the balding pattern from the top looks like a time capsule.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
A40:
Yeah. A surgical comeback! I can only imagine the amount of wax that's seeped into his cranium. Homeboy walking around with Chernobyl on his dome all cause he won't embrace His baldness. #NotMyGOAT

At least he didnt get his Dad killed, he became great despite not having a Dad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 21, 2019
Thats right, Michael Jordan got his Dad killed over gambling debts.

Not My GOAT.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:

At least he didnt get his Dad killed, he became great despite not having a Dad.

May God forgive you for this egregious lie. And you're supposed to be fasting

You Bronsexuals should know where to draw the line

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
A40

Can a bald man grow an afro? Dont let them deceive you into thinking this is anything else, its a fully grown afro. cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
etidy:

I dunno why but I disagree with this, at least for Kobe..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 21, 2019
How about this picture that was obviously taken yesterday?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2019
ZenHallewell:
A40

Can a bald man grow an afro? Dont let them deceive you into thinking this is anything else, its a fully grown afro. cheesy cheesy
That's a toupee ma nigga. LeNomad is naturally incapable of growing a fro

What kind of afro can you grow with this contraption pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.