Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628440 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) ... (2211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 22, 2019
aliondo:

That is where i have a problem!!!!!

Russ is Russ anywhere he goes......We all know who Bron is,no matter the team and the list goes on....Why did he have to portray a different character in OKC and show another in the Warriors.....That means he is not who he is....

Lebron played a villain too in Miami actually. But yeah yeah KD is still a dweeb!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 22, 2019
Killrhymz:
2018-19 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team (2 pts) | 2nd Team (1 pt) | Total points | All-Defensive Selections

C | Rudy Gobert, Utah | 97 | 2 | 196 | 3 (three 1st)
F | Paul George, Oklahoma City | 96 | 3 | 195 | 4 (two 1st, two 2nd)
F | Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee | 94 | 5 | 193 | 2 (one 1st, one 2nd)
G | Marcus Smart, Boston | 63 | 19 | 145 | 1
G | Eric Bledsoe, Milwaukee | 36 | 28 | 100 | 1

2018-19 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team (2 pts) | 2nd Team (1 pt) | Total points | All-Defensive Selections

G | Jrue Holiday, New Orleans | 31 | 28 | 90 | 2 (one 1st, one 2nd)
G | Klay Thompson, Golden State | 23 | 36 | 82 | 1
C | Joel Embiid, Philadelphia | 4 | 72 | 80 | 2 (two 2nd)
F | Draymond Green, Golden State | 2 | 57 | 61 | 5 (three 1st, two 2nd)
F | Kawhi Leonard, Toronto | 5 | 29 | 39 | 5 (three 1st, two 2nd)

A40 Chic2pimp

Exhibit A. I wont say anything else until after the bucks play today. Mark me, he'll make you swallow your words. Many superstars have had bad playoff series before doesnt automatically make them bums. Curry played like a bum for certain stretches in this playoffs, didnt hear you lot calling for his head on a pike. Leave the man alone.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 9:25pm On May 22, 2019
aliondo:

Russ is Russ anywhere he goes......We all know who Bron is,no matter the team and the list goes on....Why did he have to portray a different character in OKC and show another in the Warriors.....That means he is not who he is....
That Russ you mentioned. Let me keep quiet. I don't see anything bad about KD in all these. Standing for himself is not a bad thing? People literally curse him, wishes he gets injured, criticize him for making the best for his life every single day. Their careers and livelihood depends on making him miserable everyday because he was a free agent years ago. It's almost 3yrs and these people will not stop. Standing up for himself doesn't make him different from who he is on OKC. He wasn't criticized then. He made the best decision for himself and according to fans and media, he's now the bad guy who ruined the NBA when he literally didn't break any rule. If they stop disturbing him, he wouldn't bother replying them. Let him stand up for himself. Westbrook would have punched a reporter by now if he was the one getting criticized everyday like this. LeBron handled that well to an extent. Like Roland17 cheesy said, it's only bad it this affects the Warriors
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 9:29pm On May 22, 2019
ZenHallewell:

A40 Chic2pimp

Exhibit A. I wont say anything else until after the bucks play today. Mark me, he'll make you swallow your words. Many superstars have had bad playoff series before doesnt automatically make them bums. [b]Curry played like a bum for certain stretches in this playoffs, didnt hear you lot calling for his head on a pike. [/b]Leave the man alone.
I told you to stop wasting your time fasting. You lie so effortlessly. Oh!! You had Iftar already so it's probably ok for you to lie. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2019
aliondo:

I am approaching KD's behavior from a clinical perspective more than anything. KD needed to establish and assure himself of his worth, winning the MVP and going to the finals and losing with OKC provided that platform for him. The good guy was a replacement behavior for what he is currently exhibiting because he desperately wanted to be accepted.

Again, we must be careful not to refer to this behavior as deviant, because it is not. If anything, it is self-preservative and protective and this may have a lot to do with his growing up which was traumatic. This is why I want everyone to listen to his MVP speech and his emotional disposition during the entire speech. That award and speech was the proof he needed to become who he really is.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:
True!!! His mind is just not on court. For a 2 time MVP to be playing like this in this series. Eruditor, you need to watch yesterday's game. The 17pt is misleading. I'm not judging him by one game but we all like our Stephen Curry sharp. He'll definitely come around and I can't wait.

smoosh20:
I told you to stop wasting your time fasting. You lie so effortlessly. Oh!! You had Iftar already so it's probably ok for you to lie. grin grin

These are your own words. Suddenly you currysexuals forget when you were crying for the wardell you knew to return. Well normal folks havent dweeb.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2019
smoosh20:

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 22, 2019
You want to handle negative media pressure? This is how you do it! I miss villain lebron! cheesy

Does it bother you that so many people want to see you fail?

This was after the 2011 finals too when everyone was coming for him. Keep that same energy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1jgFZZryE&gl=NG&hl=en-GB
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:37pm On May 22, 2019
smoosh20:
That Russ you mentioned. Let me keep quiet. I don't see anything bad about KD in all these. Standing for himself is not a bad thing? People literally curse him, wishes he gets injured, criticize him for making the best for his life every single day. Their careers and livelihood depends on making him miserable everyday because he was a free agent years ago. It's almost 3yrs and these people will not stop. Standing up for himself doesn't make him different from who he is on OKC. He wasn't criticized then. He made the best decision for himself and according to fans and media, he's now the bad guy who ruined the NBA when he literally didn't break any rule. If they stop disturbing him, he wouldn't bother replying them. Let him stand up for himself. Westbrook would have punched a reporter by now if he was the one getting criticized everyday like this. LeBron handled that well to an extent. Like Roland17 aka ESPN cheesy said, it's only bad it this affects the Warriors

Thats my point..At least we know what we are expecting from Russ given the kind of person he is.....Lebron started being criticized from the day he stepped into the NBA till this present day....I really give Bron thumbs up on how he has been able to handle critics and even keep his family out of it......What was K.D expecting when he left for the Warriors....FFS,he is Durant and doesn't need to reply...These are just analysts trying to get into his head and he is falling for it...There is no NBA show where at least one analyst will not scrutinize Lebron..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 22, 2019
I'm going to be making a list of lebrons top 5 Franchise victims in the NBA. And no toronto isnt in first place. Just putting the final touches together. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2019
ZenHallewell:

A40 Chic2pimp

Exhibit A. I wont say anything else until after the bucks play today. Mark me, he'll make you swallow your words. Many superstars have had bad playoff series before doesnt automatically make them bums. Curry played like a bum for certain stretches in this playoffs, didnt hear you lot calling for his head on a pike. Leave the man alone.
The Bucks aren't playing today.

Eric Bledsoe is straight trash homie! I didn't make my assessment off of one series.

Steph Curry has never played as poorly as Eric friggin Bledsoe.

This nigga is averaging 8pts per game on 24% shooting!!! WTF??
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2019
A40:
Then you should have had LeNomad stay with the Cavs and not join the Heat when he did then let's see how many Finals he would have gotten to
Don't you get it? The heat needed him more than he needed them. Unlike KD who needed GS more than they needed him
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2019
ipledge10:
The only reason why Nairaland is still relevant is because of no competition. The mf that created this site didn’t make any major upgrade since the time of John the Baptist.

smoosh20:
This thread is basically the only reason I'm on this site. I've been done with this forum since 2013. Let's not start with the unnecessary bans and censoring words.. cheesy

I have given up on Seun when it comes to innovation.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 22, 2019
A40:
The Bucks aren't playing today.

Eric Bledsoe is straight trash homie! I didn't make my assessment off of one series.

Steph Curry has never played as poorly as Eric friggin Bledsoe.

This nigga is averaging 8pts per game on 24% shooting!!! WTF??

Yeah tomorrow. But i'm saying some players play below expectations sometimes. Bledsoe has never been a great shooter, nor has he ever been a great scorer hes always been a reliable stable PG who is also a great defender. You'll soon understand why the law of averages may only apply in the NBA. Ohh and first team all defense man, put some respect on his name. Those muscles arent completely useless.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 22, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6pxaK8JNHs&feature=youtu.be

A40 This is GGGs former trainer, he may be a prick sometimes but he knows his stuff.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2019
steady986:

Don't you get it? The heat needed him more than he needed them. Unlike KD who needed GS more than they needed him
The Heat needed him but he ran there. Who had a Championship title before LeNomad joined them LeNomad or the Heat?

KD needed GS but they flew their entire squad to the Hamptons to recruit him. Abeg make I hear word

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 22, 2019
A40:
The Heat needed him but he ran there. Who had a Championship title before LeNomad joined them LeNomad or the Heat?

KD needed GS but they flew their entire squad to the Hamptons to recruit him. Abeg make I hear word

Mind you, Lebron and wade considered not signing up in miami but in new york or chicago as well. Wasnt just about the organization.

I've always said i dont have a problem with the warriors going after him, i have a problem with him joining them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2019
A40:

I get tired of that false narrative especially when we know the truth and how things transpired. I will agree that KD and the Warriors needed each other but I will not entertain the argument that KD needed the Warriors more than they needed him, irrespective of how many championships he wins with them. If KD joined the Celtics and won the championship people will still be mad and argue he joined a team that was already established in the East.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 22, 2019
Roland17:

I get tired of that false narrative especially when we know the truth and how things transpired. I will agree that KD and the Warriors needed each other but I will not entertain the argument that KD needed the Warriors more than they needed him, irrespective of how many championships he wins with them. If KD joined the Celtics and won the championship people will still be mad and argue he joined a team that was already established in the East.

LMAO! Established in the East? which celtics? which East? Eastern Nigeria You got swept in your own house the same season man. The celtics havent estbalished anything in the East let alone anywhere since 2010! Established LOOOOOOOL!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2019
ZenHallewell:

Mind you, Lebron and wade considered not signing up in miami but in new york or chicago as well. Wasnt just about the organization.

I've always said i dont have a problem with the warriors going after him, i have a problem with him joining them.
Does it matter if they went to Tennessee? A team with Wade, LeNomad and Chris Bosh combining what will the expected outcome be? No need to split hairs

Why and who is the judge of what's best for KD? The onus is on the rest of the league to find a way to stop the Warriors not for KD and the Warriors to care about how they are perceived. Why did Sir Alex go on to sign Golden Boot winner Robin Van Persie? Everyone is trying to destroy opposition any which way. This is not a morality business
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2019
A40:

The Heat didn't win 73 game the previous season and didn't go to the finals the previous two years.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 22, 2019
A40:
Does it matter if they went to Tennessee? A team with Wade, LeNomad and Chris Bosh combining what will the expected outcome be? No need to split hairs

Why and who is the judge of what's best for KD? The onus is on the rest of the league to find a way to stop the Warriors not for KD and the Warriors to care about how they are perceived. Why did Sir Alex go on to sign Golden Boot winner Robin Van Persie? Everyone is trying to destroy opposition any which way. This is not a morality business

You've claimed many times before that stars dont make teams. The 2007 nets you disregard, or carmelo and amaare. You've said many times that sometimes they bomb, why backtrack on that now? cause its against your argument? The warriors on the other hand we already knew were a 73 win final team at least.

The NBA is rife with many paper super teams that end up bombing badly.

These are your words, stop being disingenuous.

Well he made his bed, he should sleep in it. He did whats best for him but screws the whole league? Fine! But how about he should stop b-tching when people tell him how soft his move was. If whats best for him means no one actually respects him or his plastic rings then he should be able to live with people telling him that. Its like shitting in a public park because you're pressed only to act surprised when people come for you.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 10:05pm On May 22, 2019
aliondo:

Thats my point..At least we know what we are expecting from Russ given the kind of person he is.....Lebron started being criticized from the day he stepped into the NBA till this present day....I really give Bron thumbs up on how he has been able to handle critics and even keep his family out of it......What was K.D expecting when he left for the Warriors....FFS,he is Durant and doesn't need to reply...These are just analysts trying to get into his head and he is falling for it...There is no NBA show where at least one analyst will not scrutinize Lebron..
Fair enough. Our disappointment is that we expect someone like Kevin Durant to be able to bone shít like these. Turns out he's human after all. These guys are human. Rudy Gobert cried on camera when he found out he wasn't getting DPOY award, Draymond sent a dick pick to the wrong person, Matt Barnes drove all the way to beat up Derek Fisher for screwing his babe in his house. As in these guys are just human. Hiding these emotions is never a good thing. I'll take this over bottling it up and punching a reporter in the face one day. I don't believe Russ would punch someone. He might but you get the example. They are humans.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 10:17pm On May 22, 2019
ZenHallewell:

These are your own words. Suddenly you currysexuals forget when you were crying for the wardell you knew to return. Well normal folks havent dweeb.
This guy is quoting me. Lmao. I should come for Steph's head when I know he'll rise up to the occasion? People came after his head hear Sheikh!!! Stop fasting I meant stop lying.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2019
Roland17:

Lol the way I see it Super teams started with

Barkley, Olajuwon, Drexler (later Pippen)

Old (mid 30's) relatively past their prime greats on the wrong side of 30

Lakers Malone, Shaq, Kobe Payton

2 of the 4 were on fumes

KG, Allen, Pierce. (2007-2012)

Just nearing the end of their prime early 30's

LeBron, Wade, Bosh

Super team formed with all 3 at their athletic primes 28 and younger

Golden State

You can see the evolution. Just like from the first Android to Android Pie.

It's just that human beings by nature are full of double standards and hypocritical. Everyone tried to beat the system one way or the other. One team just took it to the next level

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:19pm On May 22, 2019
smoosh20:
Fair enough. Our disappointment is that we expect someone like Kevin Durant to be able to bone shít like these. Turns out he's human after all. These guys are human. Rudy Gobert cried on camera when he found out he wasn't getting DPOY award, Draymond sent a dick pick to the wrong person, Matt Barnes drove all the way to beat up Derek Fisher for screwing his babe in his house. As in these guys are just human. Hiding these emotions is never a good thing. I'll take this over bottling it up and punching a reporter in the face one day. I don't believe Russ would punch someone. He might but you get the example. They are humans.

Good point. .Agree with you on this...Everyone can't be the same...Maybe some of us (including me) would have done worse if we were in his shoes as an NBA superstar grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:20pm On May 22, 2019
steady986:

The Heat didn't win 73 game the previous season and didn't go to the finals the previous two years.

Nobody cares if they went 0-82 and missed the last 10 playoffs.

When the Celtics Big Three formed they were 16-66 yet everyone knew they were going to be a problem
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:24pm On May 22, 2019
A40:
Nobody cares if they went 0-82 and missed the last 10 playoffs.

When the Celtics Big Three formed they were 16-66 yet everyone knew they were going to be a problem
Exactly, that is a team that needed help, and not GS
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 10:25pm On May 22, 2019
A40:

steady986:

You'd make a great father with your patience I swear as you keep answering this guy and his elder brother here hoping they might learn someday. Cos I swear I won't even bother answering this regurgitated crap everytime.

[s]"LeBron case is different because he joined the Heat with Bosh he didn't blow a 3-1 to them and they didn't have a 73-9 record. "[/s]
Like Kevin Wayne Durant was supposed to ask one Sheikh on NL who had kunu for iftar what team is ok for him sign? He did what free agents have the right to do. How hard is it to stop riding another man's shaft and let KD be?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 22, 2019
steady986:

Exactly, that is a team that needed help, and not GS

LOL Its hopeless at this point. These people are so confused they cant even see how much they contradict themselves.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:28pm On May 22, 2019
ZenHallewell:

A40 Chic2pimp

Hell Nah Curry was not even 1/8th as bad. Heck even the much Harrison Barnes was not this bad. As I said this morning, He needs to visit a Shrink. Remember this is a Dude that has admitted to getting nervous before games. No wonder His performance nosedives come playoff time.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 22, 2019
chic2pimp:

Hell Nah Curry was not even 1/8th as bad. Heck even the much Harrison Barnes was not this bad. As I said this morning, He needs to visit a Shrink. Remember this is a Dude that has admitted to getting nervous before games. No wonder His performance nosedives come playoff time.

Are you holding bledsoe to currys standards? point is there were both under performing by their standards. Curry is obviously over the slump, bledsoe will be too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) ... (2211) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.