Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630390 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

LeBron James is the best player I grew up watching. Put fúcking Dwayne Wade in there and that statement stays the same. You don't have to slob on his knob everyday. He's THE GOAT so make we hear word abeg.

See this is a statement that doesn't fit everyone. Finally we agree on something.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

LeBron James is the best player I grew up watching. Put fúcking Dwayne Wade in there and that statement stays the same. You don't have to slob on his knob everyday. He's a goat so make we hear word abeg.
Oh, LeBron and Wade are your favorite players? That's good.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:01pm On May 28, 2019
KarnThornheart

Ooh please you know what I mean. Man was a bonafied brick layer. Man was the brick savant before westbrick

Got him 5 rings. I don't think any HOF ever did that.

Jordan I can agree to an extent but he doesn't have LeBron's versatility, magic too. But LeBron is both these guys combined plus more. The fact that you added wilt to this means you've never watched that era of basketball. I didn't live to witness it but I've seen clips and all I have to say is... Nope. Do yourself a favour and go on YouTube. That was boring as hell. No wonder basketball was dying until magic and bird saved it.

LOL at Michael Jordan to an extent. Wilt Chamberlain is an household name in the name. So it stands. Good you brought up Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. It only proves my point.

And I'm not open minded? WTF? When my uncle converted to Sufism I didn't kill him when I saw him like everyone in my family told me to and every one of them probably would've. No! Instead I chased him with a dagger until he got into his car and drove off. Well that was probably cause I didn't want to get blood on my new getzner but he's still alive. I don't know what's more open minded than that.

Calm down big Fella. I didn't ask you for your family history. It might give us a clue as to what's wrong with you but we don't need it here cos it has nothing to do with basketball. Stay on topic.

Anyways point is, I'm open to change. I used to think Westbrook is better than curry, I don't anymore. I'm the most open minded person I know.

Progress over perfection. You'll get there. Eventually!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:03pm On May 28, 2019
steady986:

Oh, LeBron and Wade are your favorite players? That's good.
Chandler Parsons and Kendrick Perkins are. Nice try Buddy.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:06pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Wow, no wonder you analyse basketball just like they play it.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:06pm On May 28, 2019
steady986:

If I have to argue with you that calling one person a work of art doesn't necessarily mean other people can't be works of art as well, then there's something wrong.

Now you get the point.

*Drops Pen.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:09pm On May 28, 2019
steady986:

Or my basketball knowledge is as fat and robust as they're wallets. Sadly, in your case, if I wanted to kill myself, I'll climb to the level of your stupid basketball takes and jump down to the level of your basketball IQ.

Take a seat brother.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:
KarnThornheart

Got him 5 rings. I don't think any HOF ever did that.

No Hall of Famer ever got five rings or missed more shots than anyone in NBA history cause if it's the latter I wholeheartedly agree. Besides, westbrick averaged a triple double three years in a row, no Hall of Famer has ever done that. Doesn't mean he's not a brick layer.

LOL at Michael Jordan to an extent. Wilt Chamberlain is an household name in the name. So it stands. Good you brought up Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. It only proves my point.

What? I gave the bald man his props. Wilt being a household name doesn't mean that era of basketball didn't suck! Bird and magic are great, never denied that. But they're not LeBron.

Calm down big Fella. I didn't ask you for your family history. It might give us a clue as to what's wrong with you but we don't need it here cos it has nothing to do with basketball. Stay on topic.
You claimed I wasn't open minded. That story just proves I'm the most open minded person on this thread.

Progress over perfection. You'll get there. Eventually!!
Get where exactly? Start thinking curry isn't a choker? Lmao. Never gonna happen.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:20pm On May 28, 2019
KarnThornheart:

No Hall of Famer ever got five rings or missed more shots than anyone in NBA history cause if it's the latter I wholeheartedly agree. Besides, westbrick averaged a triple double three years in a row, no Hall of Famer has ever done that. Doesn't mean he's not a brick layer.

What? I gave the bald man his props. Wilt being a household name doesn't mean that era of basketball didn't suck! Bird and magic are great, never denied that. But they're not LeBron.

You claimed I wasn't open minded. That story just proves I'm the most open minded person on this thread.

Get where exactly? Start thinking curry isn't a choker? Lmao. Never gonna happen.

You're making it too easy man. You're honestly smarter than these replies. You're slipping and I'm disappointed. We'll discuss this after Iftar.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:20pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Or my basketball knowledge is as far and robust as they're wallets. Sadly, in your case, if I wanted to kill myself, I'll climb to the level of your stupid basketball takes and jump down to the level of your basketball IQ.

Take a seat brother.
And also as substandard as the ones made in Nigeria.

Lol, this dude trynna scare me with literature. You're the type that actually talks uncontrollably about basketball, but when you stop and look back at what you have said, you discover you really have not been making sense all along.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:22pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Now you get the point.

*Drops Pen.
But you can't be a work of art and LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

It's a shame you sold out to the dark side. Jumped on a plastic bandwagon when real greatness stood before you.

Come July, you will pay for your treachery.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:05pm On May 28, 2019
No No No, you obviously don't get my argument, i have never ever claimed Lebron was not great, he is among the greatest, his statistical achievements says it all. He is at least top 10, some even have him 2nd behind MJ. However, in this case, we are comparing one great player to another, so the quality of the victories do matter. Why do you think people place Olajuwon above those other guys you mention? As contemporaries, while MJ was out, he won at hteir expense. So man, the argument is not about Lebron's greatness.
KarnThornheart:

He carried them further than they should have ever gone in every single occasion bar 2011. His team's won 3 times and he has 3 FMVPs. And even in 2011, it's funny how when LeBron couldn't perform (17 7 7 or something like that) they lost. I don't understand why people try to equate team accomplishments to a player's greatness. I guess by your standards Barkley was a bum, so was Karl Malone , Stockton, Miller, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, the ice man, Iverson and all these all time greats without rings.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:16pm On May 28, 2019
steady986:

Kendrick Perkins is probably the most reasonable person on air right now. Don't speak what u don't know.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:22pm On May 28, 2019
steady986:

And also as substandard as the ones made in Nigeria.

Lol, [b]this dude trynna scare me with literature. [/b]You're the type that actually talks uncontrollably about basketball, but when you stop and look back at what you have said, you discover you really have not been making sense all along.
Scare you with literature? Do you even know what literature is? Abeg no kill me.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:25pm On May 28, 2019
Hardetayour:
Kendrick Perkins is probably the most reasonable person on air right now. Don't speak what u don't know.
He doesn't know. You don't even need to do anything with this boy, just play with his head and you'll see his ignorance in daylight.

I literally just came across Chandler Parsons' contract like the 3rd time this week and it still blows my mind. Watched Kendrick Perkins On YouTube. This boy will literally try to be smart about everything and then fail. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 28, 2019
Hardetayour:

Congrats mate.

Didn't know you're capable of making reasonable statements. Cause according to some currysexuals LeBron is planting his friends in the media. All because Perkins called LeBron arguably the greatest of all time and said comparing him to curry is disrespectful.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 28, 2019
But Perkins has always been a real one. He looks and talks like a simpleton but actually makes more sense than most of the analysts on air. That's why I sometimes prefer former players to clowns like skip Bayless, Stephen A, Kellerman and co. Matt Barnes has also been doing a great job.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:

You're making it too easy man. You're honestly smarter than these replies. You're slipping and I'm disappointed. We'll discuss this after Iftar.

LOL! Weird way of waving a white flag.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 28, 2019
benji93:
No No No, you obviously don't get my argument, i have never ever claimed Lebron was not great, he is among the greatest, his statistical achievements says it all. He is at least top 10, some even have him 2nd behind MJ. However, in this case, we are comparing one great player to another, so the quality of the victories do matter. Why do you think people place Olajuwon above those other guys you mention? As contemporaries, while MJ was out, he won at hteir expense. So man, the argument is not about Lebron's greatness.

Even with MJ active, Hakeem was arguably the best two way player in the league. Put some respect on his name. You can't tell me because Iverson or Paul or Nash never won a ring and Tony Parker did he's better than them. That's blasphemous.

Most people have MJ at number out of sentimentality. He's to basketball what Ali is to boxing. As far as legacy, he's almost universally regarded as the greatest of all time. But anyone who knows boxing will tell you peeps like Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong and IMO Marvin Hagler and maybe even floyd were better boxers than him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 28, 2019
Talks of trading Lonzo for Beal. I didn't always but I like Lonzo. Give them the number 4 pick and maybe Josh Hart but nothing more. Depending on who they get this free agency but I think lonzo can be a very good fit around LeBron. The Lakers played best when the two played together and everything crumbled when they both got injured.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2019
chic2pimp:
A40 see your Boy Bledsoe with 8 points grin grin grin grin
All the basketball I don watch. I know a wasteman when I see one. If I'm the Bucks I'd call up Charlotte and try and get Kemba Walker. If I have to let Mirotic, Hill walk and trade Bledsoe to the Wizards or some club. Pay Brogdon, Pay Kemba and surround Giannis with shooters while he also works on his shooting. Because the Raptors exposed him badly
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 28, 2019
A40:
All the basketball I don watch. I know a wasteman when I see one. If I'm the Bucks I'd call up Charlotte and try and get Kemba Walker. If I have to let Mirotic, Hill walk and trade Bledsoe to the Wizards or some club. Pay Brogdon, Pay Kemba and surround Giannis with shooters while he also works on his shooting. Because the Raptors exposed him badly

Lol! Kemba? Kemba is illegible for a 200m plus Supermax. Unless the bucks want to ruin their roster that upgrade is not worth it. Middleton is up for a pay raise. Giannis is also up for a super max in a year. Kemba is not a viable option for them at all. Lowry played like a bum against the Cavs last year, this year he's in the finals. Bledsoe will come around.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 28, 2019
Shannon Sharpe making a case for being a top 10 all time player and I wholeheartedly agree. If he wins this year and gets crowned FMVP. He's definitely elevated himself into that debate. See? The serpent getting injured might be the best thing to ever happen to Wardell, now imagine if the serpent is gone for good. This is the only way Steph can beat magic as the GOAT PG. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2019
Hardetayour:
Perkins can't say sh*t about basketball, he shouldn't even put on TV.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:54pm On May 28, 2019
Again, nothing against Lebron's greatness, nothing against Hakeem's greatness, the latter is even my favourite player, however biased it may be. I could argue that if Hakeem didn't have mostly sub-par/Junky teamates or if he had Ralph Sampson for a longer period, He might be the one in the discussion for the GOAT. And i get it, Jordan was more marketable, and he came in as a poster boy, But his achievements are just up there including the rings, 6 out of 6, with no game 7 in all his finals. However you wanna spin that, you can say they had weaker opponents, or he had a top 50 player for his first 3-peat and 2 top 50 players during his 2nd peat, Perhaps it's just luck, or the multiverses conspired to place him on the very peak of everest. You can even say Jordan was awful in some of his play off series, i won't refute it. It is what it is, The guy is a fucking winner.
KarnThornheart:

Even with MJ active, Hakeem was arguably the best two way player in the league. Put some respect on his name. You can't tell me because Iverson or Paul or Nash never won a ring and Tony Parker did he's better than them. That's blasphemous.

Most people have MJ at number out of sentimentality. He's to basketball what Ali is to boxing. As far as legacy, he's almost universally regarded as the greatest of all time. But anyone who knows boxing will tell you peeps like Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong and IMO Marvin Hagler and maybe even floyd were better boxers than him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Lol! Kemba? Kemba is illegible for a 200m plus Supermax. Unless the bucks want to ruin their roster that upgrade is not worth it. Middleton is up for a pay raise. Giannis is also up for a super max in a year. Kemba is not a viable option for them at all. Lowry played like a bum against the Cavs last year, this year he's in the finals. Bledsoe will come around.
What does it matter? In today's league the really good teams have 2-3 players on max deals. The trick is to pay it to the guys in their primes.

Obviously someone like Kemba will have to take a cut unless he wants to remain in the hell that is the Hornets right now.

Getting Bledsoe, Mirotic and Hill off their books will create money for Kemba. It's a hypothetical longshot but it is what it is

Stop comparing Kyle Lowry to Eric Bledsoe. Kyle Lowry averaged 18ppg last year and was let down by his mental midget teammate DeMar DeRozan unlike that bum Eric Bledsoe and his poverty numbers this series. He was the 6th best scorer on his own team. That's how useless he was
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 28, 2019
A40:
What does it matter? In today's league the really good teams have 2-3 players on max deals. The trick is to pay it to the guys in their primes.

Obviously someone like Kemba will have to take a cut unless he wants to remain in the hell that is the Hornets right now.

Getting Bledsoe, Mirotic and Hill off their books will create money for Kemba. It's a hypothetical longshot but it is what it is

Stop comparing Kyle Lowry to Eric Bledsoe. Kyle Lowry averaged 18ppg last year and was let down by his mental midget teammate DeMar DeRozan unlike that bum Eric Bledsoe and his poverty numbers this series. He was the 6th best scorer on his own team. That's how useless he was

And Kemba should definitely not take a cut. He deserves to get paid. Especially after all the years of abuse and hardship he endured at the hands of the degenerate gambler. What you are talking about is highly implausible. There's nothing to suggest that the bucks are that desperate enough to get rid of bledsoe who again was a huge part of their success to do something so drastic.

What defines a player? How many times have we seen superstars consistently bomb in the playoffs? Again does that mean they're useless?

Just like derozan let Lowry down Giannis definitely let his team down with is one dimensional offense. He definitely underperformed. Again if all you do is get to the rim you will get exposed in the playoffs. Simmons Westbrook Giannis if you can't shoot you'll get exposed. Same goes for bledsoe I guess but he's not the superstar Giannis is. If he had come through we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 28, 2019
benji93:
Again, nothing against Lebron's greatness, nothing against Hakeem's greatness, the latter is even my favourite player, however biased it may be. I could argue that if Hakeem didn't have mostly sub-par/Junky teamates or if he had Ralph Sampson for a longer period, He might be the one in the discussion for the GOAT. And i get it, Jordan was more marketable, and he came in as a poster boy, But his achievements are just up there including the rings, 6 out of 6, with no game 7 in all his finals. However you wanna spin that, you can say they had weaker opponents, or he had a top 50 player for his first 3-peat and 2 top 50 players during his 2nd peat, Perhaps it's just luck, or the multiverses conspired to place him on the very peak of everest. You can even say Jordan was awful in some of his play off series, i won't refute it. It is what it is, The guy is a fucking winner.

I hate the way you structure your replies. Why can't you just be like everyone else?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2019
KarnThornheart:

And Kemba should definitely not take a cut. He deserves to get paid. Especially after all the years of abuse and hardship he endured at the hands of the degenerate gambler. What you are talking about is highly implausible. There's nothing to suggest that the bucks are that desperate enough to get rid of bledsoe who again was a huge part of their success to do something so drastic.

What defines a player? How many times have we seen superstars consistently bomb in the playoffs? Again does that mean they're useless?

Just like derozan let Lowry down Giannis definitely let his team down with is one dimensional offense. He definitely underperformed. Again if all you do is get to the rim you will get exposed in the playoffs. Simmons Westbrook Giannis if you can't shoot you'll get exposed. Same goes for bledsoe I guess but he's not the superstar Giannis is. If he had come through we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I know it's a far-fetched idea. I was just suggesting a way the Bucks could improve. They need much better point guard play than they are getting thus far from Bledsoe

I don't know why you're holding brief for a Bledsoe that was outplayed by a young backup last year and his backup this year. He is a rubbish PG end of story.

Giannis let his team down no doubt but he wasn't the 6th best player in his team. My problem with Giannis was more with his decision making than the flaws in his game. He was also woeful from the free throw line. However that has nothing to do with Bledsoe who was pure rubbish!!!

He shot 20/68 for the series. This ninja shot 29% from the field FFS! How do you hope to win any series when your PG is dropping such rubbish poverty numbers
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 28, 2019
Ahh man. Scary Terry also outplayed Ben Simmons last year. Granted Simmons was a "rookie" but seriously, one point? cheesy

Good times.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:42pm On May 28, 2019
The Bucks must be cursing the day this Muppet of an analyst joined their bandwagon. No critical thinking just reels out stats and stats and more stats

(1) (2) (3) ... (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.