Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631451 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
A40:

You're assuming they win if he played. The evidence doesn't agree with that. It's as pointless as suggesting the Warriors would have beaten LeNomad's Cavs had Draymond not gotten suspended
I'm saying maybe they would and maybe they wouldnt. Warriors had another game at home after draymond returned, the warriors may not have the same luxury with klay. They're down 3-1 not up 3-1.

Are Kuzma, Ingram, Ball bums?
They're kids. They should've proved the werent without lebron.

By comparison, the raptors are 17-5 without kawhi, 13-0 against non playoff opposition and 4-5 against playoff opposition.

Lmaooo don't remind me of Harrison Barnes please. There is a reason the Mavs traded him mid-game
Theres also a reason the mavs paid him 20 mil plus. Theres also a reason the kings took him off their hands.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
donlittle25:
Kevin Durant must not leave the warriors o

He will. The disrespect was too much.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I literally didnt even say anything close to that. Dont deflect from the point. Kawhi missed multiple regular season games which the raptors won so this team is actually good without him and even better with him.
That's immaterial when brought to the crucible of playoff basketball. The playoffs was where the deficiencies of the Raptors have been exposed. Don't bring regular season into this matter. They didn't bring Kawhi for the regular season

KarnThornheart:

As for KD, again, klay missed one game and if they didnt have KD they'd spend his money on a better bench. Not saying they're better without him, but they wouldn't be this bad.
Their bench as it stands is competent. Who are the teams with so-called better benches? Why are they not in the NBA Finals. Didn't Milwaukee have a loaded bench? Why didn't they get to a Game 7 even with home court
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
A40:

That's immaterial when brought to the crucible of playoff basketball. The playoffs was where the deficiencies of the Raptors have been exposed. Don't bring regular season into this matter. They didn't bring Kawhi for the regular season
Of course they would've been exposed without kawhi they arent good enough. But they're good enough to win regular season games without him and thats better than lebron can say.

Their bench as it stands is competent. Who are the teams with so-called better benches? Why are they not in the NBA Finals. Didn't Milwaukee have a loaded bench? Why didn't they get to a Game 7 even with home court

LOL! Maybe they're not in the finals cause they didnt have kevin friggin durant for half the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:
Whether they like it or not we must spread the gospel.

angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:
Whether they like it or not we must spread the gospel.

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I'm saying maybe they would and maybe they wouldnt. Warriors had another game at home after draymond returned, the warriors may not have the same luxury with klay. They're down 3-1 not up 3-1.
Arguing for either stance is pointless. If they lost multiple games even when both guys played both on the road and at home then whether they played doesn't matter. Draymond missed a game but they lost Games 3,6 and 7 where he played. Same goes for Game 1 and 4 that Klay played

KarnThornheart:

They're kids. They should've proved the werent without lebron.

By comparison, the raptors are 17-5 without kawhi, 13-0 against non playoff opposition and 4-5 against playoff opposition.
Even with LeNomad they were 28-27. There is enough blame to go round

Your post shows the Raptors are sub .500 without Kawhi against playoff level opposition so maybe they are not as good as you're suggesting same way the Warriors are 1-6 in their last 7 finals games sans KD. The Warriors that went for KD and the Raptors that dumped DeRozan for Kawhi are not stupid. They know why

KarnThornheart:

Theres also a reason the mavs paid him 20 mil plus. Theres also a reason the kings took him off their hands.
Yes because they had excess cap room and had to spend it on somebody. Absolutely no one expected anything from the Mavs when they signed him. That's why the Mavs quickly traded a 26 year old rather than letting his deal enter the final year. The Kings have excess cap room to spare, we will know if the Kings rate him when his present deal expires and they offer him more than he was getting at the Mavs
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
smokers:
kawhi was clutch yesterday kept hitting daggers. but that mccinie or what's his name and Livingston. I cringe anytime I see them on the court

His first clutch game against GSW in the finals. But see how he is now a super star with other "decent" players. Oya, people should come and tell us the super stars Curry had in 2014/15? Instead what we kept hearing was how injuries helped GSW. But Injuries have not helped Raptors now? lol
The double standard is crazy.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
A40:

Arguing for either stance is pointless. If they lost multiple games even when both guys played both on the road and at home then whether they played doesn't matter. Draymond missed a game but they lost Games 3,6 and 7 where he played. Same goes for Game 1 and 4 that Klay played
But klay missed game 3 and they lost. Who says they wouldnt have won after winning game 2?

Even with LeNomad they were 28-27. There is enough blame to go round
Not before he got injured they werent. Not before lonzo got injured and the ingram. You are still denying the lakers wouldve made the playoffs if lebron didnt go down? LOL!

Your post shows the Raptors are sub .500 without Kawhi against playoff level opposition so maybe they are not as good as you're suggesting same way the Warriors are 1-6 in their last 7 finals games sans KD. The Warriors that went for KD and the Raptors that dumped DeRozan for Kawhi are not stupid. They know why
LMAO! Stop it, you are trying too hard. The point is the raptors were good without him period, stop deflecting from the point.

Yes because they had excess cap room and had to spend it on somebody. Absolutely no one expected anything from the Mavs when they signed him. That's why the Mavs quickly traded a 26 year old rather than letting his deal enter the final year. The Kings have excess cap room to spare, we will know if the Kings rate him when his present deal expires and they offer him more than he was getting at the Mavs
No, the mavericks took him cause they saw potential based on what he did pre finals. The kings took him cause they had a young good team and they thought barnes would add to that and push them over the edge. Plus they know hes better than nothing which is basically what the warriors have now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

You alright? You sound pissed mate cheesy

LOL @ pissed. Let me ask you what I asked people here in 2015/16?

Why not wait to troll when the series is 4-1?

Anyways, warriors in 7!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Eruditor:

His first clutch game against GSW in the finals. But see how he is now a super star with other "decent" players. Oya, people should come and tell us the super stars Curry had in 2014/15? Instead what we kept hearing was how injuries helped GSW. But Injuries have not helped Raptors now? lol
The double standard is crazy.

Everybody knows kelly olynyk saved steph currys legacy. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
Well dub nation.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL @ pissed. Let me ask you what I asked people here in 2015/16?

Why not wait to troll when the series is 4-1?

Anyways, warriors in 7!

I'm in s unique position where what ever happens in this series, I win. So it really doesnt matter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Everybody knows kelly olynyk saved steph currys legacy. cheesy

LOL. Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I'm in s unique position where what ever happens in this series, I win. So it really doesnt matter.

You are right sha. Have fun.

Just incase you forgot, Warriors in 7!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Pointguardusa:
Well dub nation.

Dub Nation in 7!

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Of course they would've been exposed without kawhi they arent good enough. But they're good enough to win regular season games without him and thats better than lebron can say.
That's neither here nor there. With this present Lakers squad their record is 28-27 with LeNomad so LeNomad's arrival did not provide any dramatic improvement needed to win more regular season games.
The point is Kawhi did not need a gang of Avengers to get to this point

KarnThornheart:

LOL! Maybe they're not in the finals cause they didnt have kevin friggin durant for half the playoffs.
They didn't add KD to just make the Finals did they? Ensuring dominance was the purpose of adding KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
A40:

That's neither here nor there. With this present Lakers squad their record is 28-27 with LeNomad so LeNomad's arrival did not provide any dramatic improvement needed to win more regular season games.
The point is Kawhi did not need a gang of Avengers to get to this point

Yeah lets just forget him injuring his groin at a pivotal stage. Just when they were starting to click. The lakers would've made the playoffs if he didnt get injured period. And with how weak the west is they would have made the WCF if they avoided golden state.

Why would he need the avengers to beat a KD less, bench less, plague infested team in the finals?

They didn't add KD to just make the Finals did they? Ensuring dominance was the purpose of adding KD
You literally just asked why arent other teams in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:04am On Jun 09, 2019
KarnThornheart:

But klay missed game 3 and they lost. Who says they wouldnt have won after winning game 2?
I'm not in that business. Who says the GOAT wouldn't have won a Four-peat if he didn't retire after 93? We can only work with what we can see and that the Warriors have lost 2 of the 3 games Klay played in, probability suggests the Warriors are likelier to have lost had he played

KarnThornheart:

Not before he got injured they werent. Not before lonzo got injured and the ingram. You are still denying the lakers wouldve made the playoffs if lebron didnt go down? LOL!
Lmaooo they were two games ahead of the 10th seed FFS. Stop repeating this tired line. He came back with two and a half months left and just two games to make up the playoffs and your boy couldn't hack it. The Lakers weren't making no bloody playoffs whether LeNomad was healthy or not

KarnThornheart:

LMAO! Stop it, you are trying too hard. The point is the raptors were good without him period, stop deflecting from the point.
Clearly not good enough else they wouldn't mortgage their future to get him

KarnThornheart:

No, the mavericks took him cause they saw potential based on what he did pre finals. The kings took him cause they had a young good team and they thought barnes would add to that and push them over the edge. Plus they know hes better than nothing which is basically what the warriors have now.
The same Mavericks that up till Luka Doncic had not drafted any decent player since Josh Howard. They are not exactly the gold standard of talent evaluation and we can see the Mavs have remained rubbish even with him on the roster. Well the Kings also thought wrong, did Harrison Barnes push them over the edge?

In this league the only thing worse than possessing scrubs in your roster is overpaying them. The great teams know this while the ones that don't pay Nicholas Batum $120mil for 5 years. There is nothing right now that suggests Harrison Barnes would help this present incarnation of the Golden State Warriors and they would have been stuck with a middling player earning way too much
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:13am On Jun 09, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Yeah lets just forget him injuring his groin at a pivotal stage. Just when they were starting to click. The lakers would've made the playoffs if he didnt get injured period. And with how weak the west is they would have made the WCF if they avoided golden state.

Why would he need the avengers to beat a KD less, bench less, plague infested team in the finals?
The pivotal stage was returning before All-star break with all to play for. If he couldn't beat poverty teams like the Suns, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Knicks why am I supposed to believe they would have gotten to any yeye playoffs never mind the WCF. Let me know when you're ready to come out of that Fantasy land

They are so bench less we saw Kerr go 10 deep and win on the road against these same Raptors. What planet does the bench show up every night? If they did they wouldn't be on the bench

Speaking about bench the Raptors bench is Ibaka and Van Vleet. That's it!!
KarnThornheart:

You literally just asked why arent other teams in the playoffs.
No I was talking about teams with heralded benches eg the Bucks
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 09, 2019
A40:

I'm not in that business. Who says the GOAT wouldn't have won a Four-peat if he didn't retire after 93? We can only work with what we can see and that the Warriors have lost 2 of the 3 games Klay played in, probability suggests the Warriors are likelier to have lost had he played
Do you know how probability works? they're 1-2 in the games he played which is 33% probability of a win with him, they're 0-1 without him which is a 0% probability. This isnt even about just klay.

Lmaooo they were two games ahead of the 10th seed FFS. Stop repeating this tired line. He came back with two and a half months left and just two games to make up the playoffs and your boy couldn't hack it. The Lakers weren't making no bloody playoffs whether LeNomad was healthy or not

If skip bayless, stephen a whose whole gimmick is hating on lebron can see it but you cant? If magic johnson, jalen rose, kendrick, matt barnes can see it but you cant, if you cant see how badly the quality of their basketball dropped after he got injured and that they never got their mojo back, if you cant see how their best players only playing 30 games together affects them, it really says more about you than anything else. I really cant help you.

Clearly not good enough else they wouldn't mortgage their future to get him
Seriously man why do you keep repeating the same refuted post? Did i ever say they were good enough to go all the way without kawhi?

The same Mavericks that up till Luka Doncic had not drafted any decent player since Josh Howard. They are not exactly the gold standard of talent evaluation and we can see the Mavs have remained rubbish even with him on the roster. Well the Kings also thought wrong, did Harrison Barnes push them over the edge?
Did i say he was over the edge or was going to push them over the edge? Hes still better than nothing and better than the scrubs the warriors have now. The man averaged about 19 points in 3 years in dallas what are you even talmbout?

In this league the only thing worse than possessing scrubs in your roster is overpaying them. The great teams know this while the ones that don't pay Nicholas Batum $120mil for 5 years. There is nothing right now that suggests Harrison Barnes would help this present incarnation of the Golden State Warriors and they would have been stuck with a middling player earning way too much
You keep deflecting the argument. Its about whether the warriors are better off with having nothing than with having harrison barnes, the answer is pretty obvious. I dont even know what you're talking about.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 09, 2019
Fvcking hell.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 09, 2019
A40:

The pivotal stage was returning before All-star break with all to play for. If he couldn't beat poverty teams like the Suns, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Knicks why am I supposed to believe they would have gotten to any yeye playoffs never mind the WCF. Let me know when you're ready to come out of that Fantasy land

They are so bench less we saw Kerr go 10 deep and win on the road against these same Raptors. What planet does the bench show up every night? If they did they wouldn't be on the bench

Speaking about bench the Raptors bench is Ibaka and Van Vleet. That's it!!
No I was talking about teams with heralded benches eg the Bucks

So he should come back after missing 17 games and start firing on all cylinders even with injuries to pivotal players. So what if you were talking about the bucks?

Who are the teams with so-called better benches? Why are they not in the NBA Finals.
This is what you posted.

As for KD, again, klay missed one game and if they didnt have KD they'd spend his money on a better bench. Not saying they're better without him, but they wouldn't be this bad.
And this is what i posted.

You see what your problem is? You make dumb arguments and stick to them by either moving the goal post or making even dumber arguments.

I am literally done with this clown. This dude will literally deny the warriors dont have a bench to make a point about lebron. cheesy cheesy

LOOOOL! Clown license reinstated.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50am On Jun 09, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Do you know how probability works? they're 1-2 in the games he played which is 33% probability of a win with him, they're 0-1 without him which is a 0% probability. This isnt even about just klay.
This is not my concern. I'm saying it's pointless to chase what is in the bush when we have evidence at hand. If you agree that the Warriors would have beaten the Cavs had Draymond not gotten suspended then I would agree the series would be tied if Klay played.

KarnThornheart:

If skip bayless, stephen a whose whole gimmick is hating on lebron can see it but you cant? If magic johnson, jalen rose, kendrick, matt barnes can see it but you cant, if you cant see how badly the quality of their basketball dropped after he got injured and that they never got their mojo back, if you cant see how their best players only playing 30 games together affects them, it really says more about you than anything else. I really cant help you.
What is my business with all these names you mentioned? Are they paying my bills? We have 72% of the league at present insisting MJ is the GOAT and players who played both eras and even played in the same team with LeNomad confirming MJ's GOAT status yet you argue. Do you see me trying to help you?

Abeg leave all this story for tortoise. All I know is LeNomad prior to his injury was 2 games ahead of 10th place, came back with 32 games to play 2 games behind 8th seed and failed to make the playoffs

KarnThornheart:

Did i say he was over the edge or was going to push them over the edge? Hes still better than nothing and better than the scrubs the warriors have now. The man averaged about 19 points in 3 years in dallas what are you even talmbout?
I'm asking you if he did push them over the edge. I'm not saying you said He Did or Was Going to so stop asking me Jamb Questions. I know Harrison Barnes as an average Joe and he has never proven me wrong.

The trade off for keeping Harrison Barnes would have been overpaying him for paltry production. They would still have no bench as the difference between K.D's salary and Barnes is less than $5m. Bear in mind that Klay and Draymond's salaries are under $20m

KarnThornheart:

You keep deflecting the argument. Its about whether the warriors are better off with having nothing than with having harrison barnes, the answer is pretty obvious. I dont even know what you're talking about.
What part of Harrison Barnes play while at Golden State and since he left suggests they would be better with him? I really don't get the point of this your argument as keeping Harrison Barnes would have meant not signing Kevin Durant. Are you saying they should have held on to friggin Harrison friggin Barnes

I would rather have a motley crew of bench niggas I can shuffle every season than an average Harrison Barnes that doesn't not move any needles at either end of the court but still demands a big salary
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00am On Jun 09, 2019
KarnThornheart:

So he should come back after missing 17 games and start firing on all cylinders even with injuries to pivotal players. So what if you were talking about the bucks?
Then he should have stayed injured. Enough with these watery excuses! He played enough games to get the Lakers in the playoffs. His numbers were mostly similar pre and post injury

KarnThornheart:

This is what you posted.

And this is what i posted.

You see what your problem is? You make dumb arguments and stick to them by either moving the goal post or making even dumber arguments.

I am literally done with this clown. This dude will literally deny the warriors dont have a bench to make a point about lebron. cheesy cheesy

LOOOOL! Clown license reinstated.
Your problem is your comprehension skills are rubbish and armed with a GPS and two hands you couldn't locate your arse.

I used the Bucks as an example to show that having a great bench guarantees zilch, so your argument is LAWMA material at best. I then used Game 2 to suggest that the Warriors bench is not great but when you have Steph,Klay, Iggy, Draymond, Boogie and can still roll out bodies from your bench that can contribute to a road win then that bench is not as bad as it's been advertised. Either way I doubt the rest of the league is sympathetic to their 'lack of a bench'

And then you have the nerve to talk about me denying the Warriors don't have a bench just to discredit your MCM when their opponents can only boast of Serge Ibaka and a midget like Fred Van Vleet off their own bench. Alainitiju omo
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 09, 2019
A40:

[s]Then he should have stayed injured. Enough with these watery excuses! He played enough games to get the Lakers in the playoffs. His numbers were mostly similar pre and post injury

Your problem is your comprehension skills are rubbish and armed with a GPS and two hands you couldn't locate your arse.

I used the Bucks as an example to show that having a great bench guarantees zilch, so your argument is LAWMA material at best. I then used Game 2 to suggest that the Warriors bench is not great but when you have Steph,Klay, Iggy, Draymond, Boogie and can still roll out bodies from your bench that can contribute to a road win then that bench is not as bad as it's been advertised. Either way I doubt the rest of the league is sympathetic to their 'lack of a bench'

And then you have the nerve to talk about me denying the Warriors don't have a bench just to discredit your MCM when their opponents can only boast of Serge Ibaka and a midget like Fred Van Vleet off their own bench. Alainitiju omo[/s]

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2019
A40:

[s]This is not my concern. I'm saying it's pointless to chase what is in the bush when we have evidence at hand. If you agree that the Warriors would have beaten the Cavs had Draymond not gotten suspended then I would agree the series would be tied if Klay played.

What is my business with all these names you mentioned? Are they paying my bills? We have 72% of the league at present insisting MJ is the GOAT and players who played both eras and even played in the same team with LeNomad confirming MJ's GOAT status yet you argue. Do you see me trying to help you?

Abeg leave all this story for tortoise. All I know is LeNomad prior to his injury was 2 games ahead of 10th place, came back with 32 games to play 2 games behind 8th seed and failed to make the playoffs

I'm asking you if he did push them over the edge. I'm not saying you said He Did or Was Going to so stop asking me Jamb Questions. I know Harrison Barnes as an average Joe and he has never proven me wrong.

The trade off for keeping Harrison Barnes would have been overpaying him for paltry production. They would still have no bench as the difference between K.D's salary and Barnes is less than $5m. Bear in mind that Klay and Draymond's salaries are under $20m

What part of Harrison Barnes play while at Golden State and since he left suggests they would be better with him? I really don't get the point of this your argument as keeping Harrison Barnes would have meant not signing Kevin Durant. Are you saying they should have held on to friggin Harrison friggin Barnes

I would rather have a motley crew of bench niggas I can shuffle every season than an average Harrison Barnes that doesn't not move any needles at either end of the court but still demands a big salary[/s]

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 09, 2019
On the cusp of history.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Davlenda(m): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2019
Visit www.winn9ja.com for BASKETBALL Predictions & BOOKED GAMES

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2019
Tony Ferguson! My goodness what a dog! i have no doubt in my mind he will destroy khabib. All his issues outside the octagon aside there are few better fighters than him. Made cowboy look like a bum.

And the King of cringe does it again. Didnt know he'd pull it off to be honest but the man is a 5'2 giant. Olympic gold medalist, beat pound for pound king mighty mouse, beat a roided up TJ dillashaw to save the flyweight division, went up to bantamweight to become double champ. All time great for sure. However, hes going to have his hands full with the likes of cody and dominick cruz at bantamweight let alone him calling out 5'11 max holloway at featherweight where he's going to get absolutely destroyed. I like how fearless he is though.

Great night of fights.
Re: The NBA Begins by Northeastern: 8:00am On Jun 09, 2019
What we have here is Nairaland NBA Sportcentre

Can someone tell Curry and Green to stop complaining about injuries?

They got their first ring in 2015 because Bron's firepower was depleted by injuries.
Re: The NBA Begins by Northeastern: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2019
This Toronto's run would have stopped at the EC final if Bron was still in Cleaveland.

They should thank their stars he went to LA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) ... (2214) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: donlittle25, A40(m), larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.