Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630054 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2019
BykeLaByke:
Zion Williamson the last infinity stone needed for Lonzo to bring showtime to New Orleans.cheesy
grin cheesy I feel your hot takes! grin you're always cracking me up.
Is this lavar's nairaland burner account?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
etidy:
grin cheesy I feel your hot takes! grin you're always cracking me up. Is this lavar's nairaland burner account?
Nothing hot about my takes bruv....I spit nothing but facts.cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
etidy:
grin cheesy I feel your hot takes! grin you're always cracking me up. Is this lavar's nairaland burner account?
Nothing hot about my takes bruv....I spit nothing but facts.cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

Naa, Rondo must leave. A point guard who can't shoot is useless in this league. I say get Kemba and promote Caruso. That guy is underrated. He can give 10-15 points from the bench.

Bullock needs to prove that last season was an aberration rather than the norm.

Rondo has one of the highest basketball IQs in recent times. A backup PG doesnt have to be a knockdown shooter if the second unit has enough shooters around him. Plus playoff rondo is a beast. As for caruso, its one thing for a g league player to play well in useless games and its another playing for a serious championship contender. I'd take terry rozier or collison before alex caruso, easily. Bullock was thrown in the midst of chaos, hard for him to thrive in a situation like that. I'm willing to give him and rondo the benefit of the doubt.

I'm looking at this free agency class and people arent mentioning vucevic among the stars, he is but will be a horrible fit with the lakers. Apart from rondo, javale bullock and KCP I look at the other role players to fill out the bench knowing the lakers might be a little cash strapped after getting a third star star and i see, b bogdanovic (admittedly unlikely), brook lopez, deandre jordan, mirotic, marcus/markieff morris, jeremy lamb, terrence ross, wesley matthews and i like jeff green. Theres enough to build a solid team out there if they play their cards right, they can use potential rings as leverage to get some to lower their salary demands. Good times ahead.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
BykeLaByke:

Will get back to you when Lonzo drops that 25point triple double at the stables centre.

See how conservative you are with your predition? 25 points LOL! Let me show you what a real monster looks like even after sitting out half of the season.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Rondo has one of the highest basketball IQs in recent times. A backup PG doesnt have to be a knockdown shooter if the second unit has enough shooters around him. Plus playoff rondo is a beast. As for caruso, its one thing for a g league player to play well in useless games and its another playing for a serious championship contender. I'd take terry rozier or collison before alex caruso, easily. Bullock was thrown in the midst of chaos, hard for him to thrive in a situation like that. I'm willing to give him and rondo the benefit of the doubt.

I'm looking at this free agency class and people arent mentioning vucevic among the stars, he is but will be a horrible fit with the lakers. Apart from rondo, javale bullock and KCP I look at the other role players to fill out the bench knowing the lakers might be a little cash strapped after getting a third star star and i see, b bogdanovic (admittedly unlikely), brook lopez, deandre jordan, mirotic, marcus/markieff morris, jeremy lamb, terrence ross, wesley matthews and i like jeff green. Theres enough to build a solid team out there if they play their cards right, they can use potential rings as leverage to get some to lower their salary demands. Good times ahead.

Totally agree

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Whaaaat? a40 mus hear of this! shocked

Wait, eruditor has fainted. Somebody bring cooold water grin

Lebron haters are in pains! Sifia pains! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:
So this kind thread dey self.

Fans of Miami Heats where una dey

don follow wade into retirement tongue

welcome

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
If you're the lakers, would you take Melo in a bench role?
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Watch Anthony Davis become a spot up shooter. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hardetayour:

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
I hope guys who underestimate Fury watched the fight last night? The man has increased his ring speed, power and his body looks tight. I am just saying!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
Roland17:
I hope guys who underestimate Fury watched the fight last night? The man has increased his ring speed, power and his body looks tight. I am just saying!

He crushed a tomato can who was there to make him look good and he did exactly that. But hes definitely the most skilled heavyweight still.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Whether a starter or a backup point guard, you're expected to know how to shoot. It's a terrible sight to see your point guard opt to dribble or pass the ball instead when he has an open look. You want your point guard to shoot the ball when even half a chance is presented.

As for Caruso, whether it's dead rubber game or play off clincher, making 3s is making 3s, rebounding well is rebounding well. You can't say it don't mean nothing. If he gets the chance to do it in a playoff clincher, he won't hesitate. And besides, his 32 points(including 5 threes)/10 rebounds game came against the Clippers who were fighting for a playoff place.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

See how conservative you are with your predition? 25 points LOL! Let me show you what a real monster looks like even after sitting out half of the season.
It's amazing how folks can say Giannis is better than this guy. I barely see him on any top 5 list. They seem to have forgotten how good he is just because he failed to make the playoffs. We're in a league where players are judged by their ability to take their team to the playoffs. But pound for pound, AD is as good as anybody in this league. Easily in my top 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:
If you're the lakers, would you take Melo in a bench role?
As our supposedly third superstar?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

Whether a starter or a backup point guard, you're expected to know how to shoot. It's a terrible sight to see your point guard opt to dribble or pass the ball instead when he has an open look. You want your point guard to shoot the ball when even half a chance is presented.
No you're not, different league but magic johnson wasnt exactly a good shooter but the same principles apply. Ben simmons, Rubio, Westbrook plenty of PG who cant shoot. Plus rondo actually shot well from the 3 last year.

As for Caruso, whether it's dead rubber game or play off clincher, making 3s is making 3s, rebounding well is rebounding well. You can't say it don't mean nothing. If he gets the chance to do it in a playoff clincher, he won't hesitate. And besides, his 32 points(including 5 threes)/10 rebounds game came against the Clippers who were fighting for a playoff place.
LOL! Based on what assessment? one or two games when the lakers season was already over? Might as well sign andre ingram if thats the case. You'd take someone averaging less than 10 points in the G league over a possibly HOF point guard?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

As our supposedly third superstar?

No, i said bench role. Melo would be lucky to get the veteran min.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hardetayour:
Another hater
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

No you're not, different league but magic johnson wasnt exactly a good shooter but the same principles apply. Ben simmons, Rubio, Westbrook plenty of PG who cant shoot. Plus rondo actually shot well from the 3 last year.

LOL! Based on what assessment? one or two games when the lakers season was already over? Might as well sign andre ingram if thats the case. You'd take someone averaging less than 10 points in the G league over a possibly HOF point guard?
As you rightly noted, s different league. This is a three point shooting league and a guard dominated league. Simmons would eventually turn to a forward who can play point. You saw that in the playoffs where he wasn't trusted to play point. Rubio would never play for a championship hopeful team. And for Westbrook, you damn know he's gonna shoot the ball anytime he's open.

And Caruso averaged 19 points last year. Rondo made his mark in his first 9 or so years in this league, when the league was transitioning from Center dominated to point guard dominated. And Rondo has never shot above 65% from the FT line. What kind of PG is that? He's just a liability when it comes to shooting. Look, as for playmaking, we'd have LeBron and hopefully Kemba as our primary playmakers, while Caruso and KCP can carry the second unit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

As you rightly noted, s different league. This is a three point shooting league and a guard dominated league. Simmons would eventually turn to a forward who can play point. You saw that in the playoffs where he wasn't trusted to play point. Rubio would never play for a championship hopeful team. And for Westbrook, you damn know he's gonna shoot the ball anytime he's open.
Guard dominated league but when was the last time a guard led any team to a championship? Simmons is still the starting PG for a team that made it to the EC Semis, theres no rule that said every point guard must be a knock down 3 point shooter even in todays league. Westbrook taking a shot when hes open is different from him making it. Rondo shot better than KCP from 3 last year BTW. And if his volume were to increase theres no way hed shoot worse than westbrook. And this isnt even a starting PG. We're not even talking about playoff rondo who is a different beast. Rondo has also played well with AD and led them to a 1st round sweep against portland last year. Good defender too when he wants to be. If the lakers can get shooters and Rondo is actually willing to stay theres no reason to not re-sign him. Him and javale were actually the veterans that worked out best for the lakers last year. A microcosm of his influence after lebron went down vs the warriors, do you think they would've seen the game out without rondo? Stop disrespecting Rondo.

And Caruso averaged 19 points last year. Rondo made his mark in his first 9 or so years in this league, when the league was transitioning from Center dominated to point guard dominated. And Rondo has never shot above 65% from the FT line. What kind of PG is that? He's just a liability when it comes to shooting. Look, as for playmaking, we'd have LeBron and hopefully Kemba as our primary playmakers, while Caruso and KCP can carry the second unit.
LOL You're still comparing a g league player to Rondo. Caruso averaged 9 points last year. Theres a reason hes still a g league player, what you make him out to be teams should be swarming to sign him. Kemba is a shoot first point guard and you actually want caruso and kcp to lead your bench ? Might as well add andre ingram and isaac bonga to that bench mob cheesy This team is trying to win a championship right? Lebron loves having multiple ball handlers too, why he was shouting about being top heavy AF a few years ago in cleveland. And I dont even see a scenario where KCP doesnt start for the lakers if he stays. Kuzma is more likely to move to the bench than KCP. AD is more of a PF and doesnt like playing center. So its probably going to be Kemba KCP Bron AD and maybe Javale which is a very solid line up with a great balance between shooters and slashers and offense and defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
If you're Chris Paul, Harden, Lillard or Westbrook how will you feel about the Davis trade.

You have suffered several years under the tyranny of the ruthless Splash Brothers and KD. Then finally, the Evil kings have been dethroned and incapacitated. Suddenly! your hopes are raised, you feel you can finally get the opportunity you crave for.

Then just like that another juggernaut arises cheesy I feel pity for these guys. They have little or no chance of winning a title at this rate especially Chris Paul and Lillard.
KD was right CJ McCollum and Co have to stop bothering about what's going on at the top of the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
etidy:
If you're Chris Paul, Harden, Lillard or Westbrook how will you feel about the Davis trade.

You have suffered several years under the tyranny of the ruthless Splash Brothers and KD. Then finally, the Evil kings have been dethroned and incapacitated. Suddenly! your hopes are raised, you feel you can finally get the opportunity you crave for.

Then just like that another juggernaut arises cheesy I feel pity for these guys. They have little or no chance of winning a title at this rate especially Chris Paul and Lillard.
KD was right CJ McCollum and Co have to stop bothering about what's going on at the top of the league.

The way i see it for OKC and Portland the warriors werent their issue, they never stood a chance. For OKC it wasnt the warriors getting in their way, the last two years it was utah led by a rookie and this year portland. For portland last year it was a rondo jrue AD Pelicans, and this year getting swept by the warriors, would've lost to the rockets too. Also didnt help that nurkic kept getting injured. Both teams weren't on the verge of anything.

Houston is the only team to feel hard done by, i think they still stand a chance depending on how Morey reshuffles, and most importantly chris paul.

I'm under no illusions though, i expect a new super team in the west very soon. The teams arent done making moves, they havent even started. But with kemba bron and AD? I say bring it on!
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Mehhh...enjoy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

Ahh, SmooshCHN lives. How miraculous. You must have cried a bucket of tears in the past 24 hours.

Drake is currently in the studio recording a Raptor victory song. Will you like to listen to it when it's out?
You dey craze grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
KarnThornheart:

LOL All these false prophets on this thread. I mean is this clown really this delusional? And when did you make these predictions? You lying shameless sack of sh-t!
Lmaooo beech are you ret@rded? How would you know when I made these predictions when the numerous demons responsible for your MPD are dancing Zanku in your head.

You must be a special type of obtuse to think I have anything to prove to a Lilliput like you. FOH my mentions you abominable nonce
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

Lol, A40 is a hardcore GS fan, let's not even go there.
I'm a hardcore fan of any team that brings LeNomad and his army of ret@rded Bronsexuals angst and frustration

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
birdman:
Whaaaat? a40 mus hear of this! shocked

Wait, eruditor has fainted. Somebody bring cooold water grin

Lebron haters are in pains! Sifia pains! cheesy
Lmaooooo same Anthony Davis that misses 20 games per season on average? I'm not worried about that permacrock. I am happy though that LeNomad is trying to use his short one year window to win a title to the maximum. I actually hope they are healthy so there would be no excuses whatsoever.

My only mild annoyance here is the Pelicans not getting Kuzma in this deal.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
A40:
I'm a hardcore fan of any team that brings LeNomad and his army of ret@rded Bronsexuals angst and frustration

In other words you support any team thats winning just like every other warriors fan you bandwagon hopping prostitute.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo same Anthony Davis that misses 20 games per season on average? I'm not worried about that permacrock. I am happy though that LeNomad is trying to use his short one year window to win a title to the maximum. I actually hope they are healthy so there would be no excuses whatsoever.

My only mild annoyance here is the Pelicans not getting Kuzma in this deal.

The last two seasons before last season where he intentionally sat out to force a trade, hes played 75 games each. On average hes been healthier than Kyrie so go and find another narrative you hating arse bitch arse nigga. I wonder which bandwagon you will hop on next, just so i can derive extra joy from seeing lebron dismantle them you franchise w.hore.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo beech are you ret@rded? How would you know when I made these predictions when the numerous demons responsible for your MPD are dancing Zanku in your head.

You must be a special type of obtuse to think I have anything to prove to a Lilliput like you. FOH my mentions you abominable nonce

Of course you wont be able to prove anything when you just pull out imaginary predictions out of your swampy arse! I predicted this and that when only a joke of a lying a-s midget saw said "predictions". Shameless pathological liar. Go find your next john you gigolo.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
New cartridges for the keyboard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.