Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626700 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2019
Eruditor:

Then what is Kyle Lowry?

I can educate but I cannot cure chronic ignorance.

If Klay being a first time all star on a basic salary with iffy finals performances is a superstar. What is Kyle lowry with multiple all star appearances, many huge games and a $100M 3 year contract? Lol.

At least, you did not try to defend Lebron who has won nothing without super stars whereas Curry has 1.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
Eruditor:

Boogie can go anywhere he pleases. I said what GSW said which is that he will be offered that $6M if no one else gives him the money he is looking for. I am not sure he is at the top of any GSW supporter's list. I would take Rudy Gay over him - every time and they don't even play the same position.

What I need is another solid scorer to help during the regular season. Curry and Draymond can rally the squad to the playoffs. Then a healthy KD and Klay will be back to take us to a first championship at San Francisco where we will finally get to win 3 straight en route to 3 peating.
You say?

Re: The NBA Begins by KingAzubuike(f): 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
So this kind thread dey self.

Fans of Miami Heats where una dey
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2019
steady986:

Ahh, SmooshCHN lives. How miraculous. You must have cried a bucket of tears in the past 24 hours.

Drake is currently in the studio recording a Raptor victory song. Will you like to listen to it when it's out?
Not everyone's as weak as you. Imagine a warriors loss is lighting up your life like this. Must be dark in there. I've tried enough for you. I'll be paying attention to those who know basketball here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
Eruditor:

Boogie can go anywhere he pleases. I said what GSW said which is that he will be offered that $6M if no one else gives him the money he is looking for. I am not sure he is at the top of any GSW supporter's list. I would take Rudy Gay over him - every time and they don't even play the same position.

What I need is another solid scorer to help during the regular season. Curry and Draymond can rally the squad to the playoffs. Then a healthy KD and Klay will be back to take us to a first championship at San Francisco where we will finally get to win 3 straight en route to 3 peating.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
Eruditor:

All those fringe players were not key. We were top heavy. Outside of KD, SC and Klay we had no other true scorers. That was the biggest issue. Cousins could have been that but the man is still recovering. I heard GSW will offer him the $6M one year option if no club gives him what he wants the following year. If he stays healthy he will be immense.

But like I said, Cook and Jerebko were defensive liabilities and then could not score when they were left free. That was huge. Shaun L has one more year but I hope he baulks and decides to leave now to give us that salary cap space..he let his team down.
Yeah. Cousins health was also a big factor and I hope he stays and I also hope he gets his money. Shaun needs to go mehn, he should just retire.
Re: The NBA Begins by Flashh: 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
JasonScoolari, I noticed you have been banned on Nairaland.

Mods at it again. Shioor!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
AD to the Lakers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Not everyone's as weak as you. Imagine a warriors loss is lighting up your life like this. Must be dark in there. I've tried enough for you. I'll be paying attention to those who know basketball here.
Hahahaha, you think this is supposed to make me rethink my life now? OK I'm remorseful, I'm hiding in the corner now thinking about my life, all teary eyed. grin

Lol. This is sports bro, and imma enjoy this while it lasts. I wont get the chance often so I'm grabbing it with both hands now that it's here. We all had to watch how all you warriors fans talked trash in here, like y'all were some kind of formidable people with perfect lives just because you support a team that looked unbeatable. Not knowing that the god of basketball had other plans and your joy came crashing down.

Lol. Even that one called Eruditor went as far as saying he saw the future. Now tell me that alone doesn't deserve all this. Live with it bro, it'll only last a fee weeks grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:09am On Jun 16, 2019
wink

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:09am On Jun 16, 2019
Lakers fans be smiling now....

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 16, 2019
Finally! Now comes their reckoning! They lashed their whips at you my king, and now, they will be lashed with eternal flame! I have been faithful all along. i have waited years for the rapture foretold in the scripture. Look at them quiver in fear, for the rapture begins! And I the thorn growing in the wilderness will flourish in their absence. No one can stop the will of GOD!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:24am On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:
Finally! Now comes their reckoning! They lashed their whips at you my king, and now, they will be lashed with eternal flame! I have been faithful all along. i have waited years for the rapture foretold in the scripture. Look at them quiver in fear, for the rapture begins! And I the thorn growing in the wilderness will flourish in their absence. No one can stop the will of GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 16, 2019
[quote author=donlittle25 post=79371289][/quote]

Beg for mercy little man. For the apocalypse is upon us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 16, 2019
Apparently Kemba is the lakers target in free agency, very plausible too. My goodness! Kemba Bron Kuzma AD AHHHH! Its over!! These niggas are in trouble!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:38am On Jun 16, 2019
Man, we've come a long way

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 16, 2019
All this talent with frank vogel, jason kidd and lionel hollins on the sidelines. Three friggin coaches. Man if this team clicks? WAR!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:07am On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:
All this talent with frank vogel, jason kidd and lionel hollins on the sidelines. Three friggin coaches. Man if this team clicks? WAR!!!

Don't get excited. Pray for health. It plays a huge role. I am talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 16, 2019
Eruditor:

Don't get excited. Pray for health. It plays a huge role. I am talking from experience.

You're absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:10am On Jun 16, 2019
steady986:

Hahahaha, you think this is supposed to make me rethink my life now? OK I'm remorseful, I'm hiding in the corner now thinking about my life, all teary eyed. grin

Lol. This is sports bro, and imma enjoy this while it lasts. I wont get the chance often so I'm grabbing it with both hands now that it's here. We all had to watch how all you warriors fans talked trash in here, like y'all were some kind of formidable people with perfect lives just because you support a team that looked unbeatable. Not knowing that the god of basketball had other plans and your joy came crashing down.

Lol. Even that one called Eruditor went as far as saying he saw the future. Now tell me that alone doesn't deserve all this. Live with it bro, it'll only last a fee weeks grin

Fate was like take Klay and Looney out. We won game 2. Take Looney back we lost games 3 &4 (dodgy officiating et al). Fate relaxes like Raptors got this. Then KD and Klay come back..we are leading healthy..fate takes KD..we still win. Game 6 we are winning healthy and are sure to win. Fate takes Klay out. At this rate, if we had won game 6. Steph would have lost his ankles and then Draymond would have been suspended.

We submit to fate and trust that the future will reward us.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:36am On Jun 16, 2019
Eruditor:

Fate was like take Klay and Looney out. We won game 2. Take Looney back we lost games 3 &4 (dodgy officiating et al). Fate relaxes like Raptors got this. Then KD and Klay come back..we are leading healthy..fate takes KD..we still win. Game 6 we are winning healthy and are sure to win. Fate takes Klay out. At this rate, if we had won game 6. Steph would have lost his ankles and then Draymond would have been suspended.

We submit to fate and trust that the future will reward us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 16, 2019
Well my goodness gracious let me tell you the news
My head's been wet with the midnight dew
I've been down on bended knee talkin' to the man from Galilee
He spoke to me in the voice so sweet
I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet
He called my name and my heart stood still
When he said, "John, go do my will!"

Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler
The gambler
The back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down!

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:16am On Jun 16, 2019
With A.D and another superstar joining LeBron and kuzma, suddenly I am beginning to miss the warriors angry and I am a Lakers fan grin. It would have been nice to have two superteams go at each other. The NBA is simply a league of superteams and a few exceptions in between.

Meanwhile the pelicans look tasty, lonzo and Ingram are still 21yrs old shit! They have enormous room for growth especially Ingram. The pelicans have 2 potential superstars on their hands with zion and Ingram. A pass first floor general in lonzo. A borderline all-star in in jrue holiday that can offer veteran leadership or be flipped for further juicy assets. A 4th pick, and a stash of first round picks.
These guys have assets, young stars, and cap space. They will be in prime position in the future to make trades for superstars. And they have a great GM.
The pels may well be a championship team in 3yrs.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 16, 2019
Butler already campaigning to be a laker. Mark me, we are going to tear this league a new arsehole next year.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 16, 2019
etidy:
With A.D and another superstar joining LeBron and kuzma, suddenly I am beginning to miss the warriors angry and I am a Lakers fan grin. It would have been nice to have two superteams go at each other. The NBA is simply a league of superteams and a few exceptions in between.

Meanwhile the pelicans look tasty, lonzo and Ingram are still 21yrs old shit! They have enormous room for growth especially Ingram. The pelicans have 2 potential superstars on their hands with zion and Ingram. A pass first floor general in lonzo. A borderline all-star in in jrue holiday that can offer veteran leadership or be flipped for further juicy assets. A 4th pick, and a stash of first round picks.
These guys have assets, young stars, and cap space. They will be in prime position in the future to make trades for superstars. And they have a great GM.

Ingram is unhealthy, lonzo cant shoot, zion is overrated.

As for the warriors, the lakers winning next season is inevitable. I know they will claim its only cause kd and klay were injured. They will regroup and once again the king shall lead his army into battle against the weaklings where he will inevitably destroy them enroute to another championship, officially putting an end to their dynasty of tyranny. It has long been foretold.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 16, 2019
The dilemma for the lakers. Kemba or Butler? Thats a tough one, Kemba is a better shooter which the lakers will obviously need but butler is an amazing defender, has loads of heart and is an all round dog. I guess it depends on who they sign to fill out the rest of the team. Finding the right fit is very important, more than just throwing in a bunch of stars together. I'd really like to see Javale, KCP and maybe bullock and rondo back. Everyone else can go. Get as many shooters as possible to replace them.

What an amazing position to be in.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 6:37am On Jun 16, 2019
I'm taking my talents to New Orleans....Lakers kept the worse player by the way,doesn't seem so now......
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2019
BykeLaByke:
I'm taking my talents to New Orleans....Lakers kept the worse player by the way,doesn't seem so now......

Good riddance to bad rubbish. You and your brick layer can go eat all the beignets you want.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2019
etidy:

Well, you'll get that super team matchup in the playoffs.

And the Pels would get nothing but late first rounders with those future picks. They'll be lucky to even get below 25th pick.

I think overall that was a good deal for the Lakers. They did well to keep Kuz. Hart and Ball are injury prone this early in their careers. Ingram will be a star, but superstar? Not too sure
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2019
KarnThornheart:
The dilemma for the lakers. Kemba or Butler? Thats a tough one, Kemba is a better shooter which the lakers will obviously need but butler is an amazing defender, has loads of heart and is an all round dog. I guess it depends on who they sign to fill out the rest of the team. Finding the right fit is very important, more than just throwing in a bunch of stars together. I'd really like to see Javale, KCP and maybe bullock and rondo back. Everyone else can go. Get as many shooters as possible to replace them.

What an amazing position to be in.
Naa, Rondo must leave. A point guard who can't shoot is useless in this league. I say get Kemba and promote Caruso. That guy is underrated. He can give 10-15 points from the bench.

Bullock needs to prove that last season was an aberration rather than the norm.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2019
Zion Williamson the last infinity stone needed for Lonzo to bring showtime to New Orleans.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Good riddance to bad rubbish. You and your brick layer can go eat all the beignets you want.
Will get back to you when Lonzo drops that 25point triple double at the stables centre.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.