Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631155 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
Steph Wardell 'Unanimous' Curry. The one and only Chef.

Chef curry with the shots.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
birdman:

how can u be so hateful. you should have gotten over this years loss bros cheesy
Lmao. No hate bro. The truth is just bitter

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hardetayour:
People still think Bucks or Raptors have a chance against the Warriors.

Hardetayour:
LeBron is never winning any ring again. Book it.

This only means one thing, three peat incoming.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
iamJ:

If we are talking about goats in NBA history it's LBJ vs MJ

Curry isn't even considered, if we tabulate 50 greatest he still wouldn't feature

Curry isn't even the best player in his team, LBJ has always been the best player for any team he has played for, let KD come to Lakers LBJ will make him look ordinary

He's in my top 20/25.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Why cant you ever constructively argue about anything without insulting people? Embarrassing!
Lmao!! Coming from you? grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:

What is that supposed to mean? undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Me? What did i do?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
FUN FACT: Did you know that Lebron is left handed but shoots with his right?

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Your franchise does not have David Griffin running its basketball operations??

LOOOOOOOOOLLLL....LMAOOOOOOOO...LWKMD...LWTMB.

Can't relate. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
LarcPickerin:
FUN FACT: Did you know that Lebron is left handed but shoots with his right?
same with Westbrook, Ben Simmons, John Wall, Andrew Bogut, Michael Beasley, etc. Let us rest abeg.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Why cant you ever constructively argue about anything without insulting people? Embarrassing!
you say this? shocked I am shocked!

I sincerely can’t remember one post you have made without you spewing all manner of derogatory words! shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 12:00am On Jun 21, 2019
iamJ:

Curry isn't even considered, if we tabulate 50 greatest he still wouldn't feature

Curry isn't even the best player in his team, LBJ has always been the best player for any team he has played for, let KD come to Lakers LBJ will make him look ordinary

Nawa oo @bolded
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:06am On Jun 21, 2019
CuteRedd:
you say this? shocked I am shocked!

I sincerely can’t remember one post you have made without you spewing all manner of derogatory words! shocked
That wasn't him. That was Patricia. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:09am On Jun 21, 2019
iamJ:

CuteRedd:
Nawa oo @bolded
donlittle25:
Lebron James will make KD look ordinary on the Lakers?

Allah

You're surprised? Just wait for Steady to give his take. By the time these guys are done riding brons knobs, you'll hear KD is just a role player.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:15am On Jun 21, 2019
So the Pelicans pretty much got Ingram, Ball, Hart, 2 1st Round Picks from the Lakers and pick swaps, the 8th pick, the 17th pick, the 35th pick, a protected Cavs 2020 1st Round Pick, and got Hill's contract off the team for Anthony Davis.

Pelicans making moves

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2019
@smooshchn @Eruditor
I like the idea of a sign and trade for Durant. He recuperates for one year and be traded elsewhere for solid assets. We might even get RJ Barrett from the knicks.

Bad as it bad Durant gets his money while having the opportunity of playing in another team with the 5years money. Who knows run it back for one more year for a title with the warriors.

Warriors keeps the core team while having the opportunity to trade Durant for solid assets.

I like it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:20am On Jun 21, 2019
KarnThornheart:

What is that supposed to mean? undecided

LarcPickerin:

Me? What did i do?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2019
SmooshCHN:
same with Westbrook, Ben Simmons, John Wall, Andrew Bogut, Michael Beasley, etc. Let us rest abeg.

Funny how all those guys are either bricklayers or donuts. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 12:24am On Jun 21, 2019
SmooshCHN:

grin grin
MPD at its best

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:27am On Jun 21, 2019
CuteRedd:
@smooshchn @Eruditor
I like the idea of a sign and trade for Durant. He recuperates for one year and be traded elsewhere for solid assets. We might even get RJ Barrett from the knicks.

Bad as it bad Durant gets his money while having the opportunity of playing in another team with the 5years money. Who knows run it back for one more year for a title with the warriors.

Warriors keep the core team while having the opportunity to trade Durant for solid assets.

I like it

As much as I like KD, I don't mind too. We lost a great bench because of him (which was worth it) but I did not like the whole shenanigans his free agency was causing as a result of his tacit silence (if there was any such construction). The fact of the matter is, we would need him to face some of these super-team elect simply because the NBA can influence a game or 2 even with KD here, but it is impossible to fix a series. We are just that good with him. And unlike some naysayers here, I expect KD to fully recover as a player. His game was not built on his athleticism alone and it is not like he is known for his blistering speed or jump. He is still a pure shooter with great length and has 4 more years of playing at the top.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2019
iamJ:

You are new here. There is no Lebron and GOAT debate. There is absolutely nothing that puts him in that conversation. Nothing.

And nobody was bringing SC into a GOAT debate. Literally not one person said that here.

But you exposed your basketball ignorance when you said Curry was not top 50. And I am not in the mood to educate anyone biko.

The debate people should try to make is Kobe vs Lebron and Kobe is still winning there. Just don't waste your energy on Lebron and Jordan.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Eruditor:

As much as I like KD, I don't mind too. We lost a great bench because of him (which was worth it) but I did not like the whole shenanigans his free agency was causing as a result of his tacit silence (if there was any such construction). The fact of the matter is, we would need him to face some of these super-team elect simply because the NBA can influence a game or 2 even with KD here, but it is impossible to fix a series. We are just that good with him. And unlike some naysayers here, I expect KD to fully recover as a player. His game was not built on his athleticism alone and it is not like he is known for his blistering speed or jump. He is still a pure shooter with great length and has 4 more years of playing at the top.

NO NO NO! Dont make it easy for us, whats the difference between waiting for KD to return and waiting for a rookie to blossom. KD is the person who makes the warriors hard to beat and you want to ship him away? NO The king awaits Ragnarok and you will oblige. The warriors will not disappear into perennial mid table irrelevancy without one final showdown to see whose era this truly is! You must not escape!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 12:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Eruditor:

While this is true, the nba won’t let him be if he remains/finish his career with the warriors. The guy is just too sensitive and not built that way. So we better start looking at other options available. We need better bench players and solid vets.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:34am On Jun 21, 2019
CuteRedd:
While this is true, the nba won’t let him be if he remains/finish his career with the warriors. The guy is just too sensitive and not built that way. So we better start looking at other options available. We need better bench players and solid vets.

You are right but me I am not buying the RJ Barret guy. Too selfish and a basic shooter. His ceiling is high though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Eruditor:

You are new here. There is no Lebron and GOAT debate. There is absolutely nothing that puts him in that conversation. Nothing.

And nobody was bringing SC into a GOAT debate. Literally not one person said that here.

But you exposed your basketball ignorance when you said Curry was not top 50. And I am not in the mood to educate anyone biko.

The debate people should try to make is Kobe vs Lebron and Kobe is still winning there. Just don't waste your energy on Lebron and Jordan.

LMAO! Basketball ignorance you say? Boy, the way you get all sensitive whenever curry gets slandered brings me more joy than you can imagine. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:36am On Jun 21, 2019
KarnThornheart:

This only means one thing, three peat incoming.

People still think Bucks and Raptors have a chance against [a fully healthy GSW] he meant to say. And he is 100% right.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2019
LarcPickerin:

LMAO! Basketball ignorance you say? Boy, the way you get all sensitive whenever curry gets slandered brings me more joy than you can imagine. cheesy

Slander is of two forms- based on sheer ignorance or being a hater. I ignore the latter but sometimes try to correct the former. Dazzall.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 21, 2019
UNDISPUTED LIST OF NBA'S TOP 10 GREATEST PLAYERS.

1. The GOAT, King James.

Tier 2

Kareem Abduljabbar

Michael Jordan

Tier 3

Magic Johnson.

Wilt Chamberlain.

Bill Russell.

Tier 4

Shaq.

Tim Duncan.

Kobe Bryant.

Hakeem Olajuwon.

This. And you have it any other way you're wrong!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Eruditor:

People still think Bucks and Raptors have a chance against [a fully healthy GSW] he meant to say. And he is 100% right.

But theres a false prophet on this thread who told us he foresaw the warriors winning. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2019
LarcPickerin:

Field goal % in the fourth quarter of the Finals:
Steph Curry - 34%
Fred VanVleet - 44%

In the fourth quarter in game 6, Fred VanVleet scored 12 points, how many did curry score again?

Steph Curry: 4 points 1/6 FG 0/4 3PT 2/2 FT -7
Fred VanVleet: 12 points 3/5 FG 3/5 3PT 3/3 FT +6

All this while guarding him as well.

Hate on a notorious choker with 0 FMVPs? I speak bare facts! LOL! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lakers should trade for FVV na. grin grin

Meanwhile, look up "box and 1" before you talk about who was guarding what.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2019
Eruditor:

Slander is of two forms- based on sheer ignorance or being a hater. I ignore the latter but sometimes try to correct the former. Dazzall.

You speak of ignorance and yet you compare the GOAT to kobrick? Worse, you claim kobrick is better than the chosen one? You should be hanged for your HERESY!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2019
LarcPickerin:

But theres a false prophet on this thread who told us he foresaw the warriors winning. cheesy

I know what I saw and I was right. But fate has the power and it changed things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.