Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630198 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On Aug 24, 2019
A40:
Watching Ros Gold on First Take and my belle just dey sweet me. Didn't see this coming grin

To me, I felt, Molly was not engaged during the debates. She goes long spells during which she just watched them almost in an awe of silence without necessarily guiding the debates especially when the analysts delve deep into the topic. I am not sure if it was because she lacked in-depth knowledge or it is her style of moderating. Ros is the stark opposite, she is quite interactive and delves deep with the analysts while moderating debates. I like the change.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2019
College basketball is just so beautiful. I support Duke and there is a Nigerian lady currently on the Duke women's basketball team.
steady986:

The truth is all of these girls actually did college in the US, but just a few of them got drafted to the WNBA. Nyingifa played for UCLA, Elonu played for Texas and won the NCAA, she currently plays for Atlanta dream. Akhator played for Kentucky and was drafted 3rd by Dallas Wings in 2017, Ibekwe played for Arizona and was drafted by Seattle Storm, Jasmine played for Syracuse, Promise played for Arizona state, Macaulay played for Temple in Philadelphia, Edeferioka played for Georgia Tech, Aisha Mohammed played for Virginia, Ezinne played for Savannah State, Sarah Ogoke played for Southern Polytechnic Georgia, Imovbioh played for South Carolina.
Re: The NBA Begins by bacie(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2019
2019–20 NBA season. The 2019–20 NBA season will be the 74th season of the National Basketball
Association (NBA). The regular season will begin on October 22, 2019 and will end on April 15, 2020. The playoffs will begin on April 18, 2020, and will end with the NBA Finals in June 2020.

Re: The NBA Begins by bacie(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2019
2019–20 NBA season. The 2019–20 NBA season will be the 74th season of the National Basketball
Association (NBA). The regular season will begin on October 22, 2019 and will end on April 15, 2020. The playoffs will begin on April 18, 2020, and will end with the NBA Finals in June 2020.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:42am On Aug 24, 2019
1st game»LAL vs LAC

easy win for clippers cool
Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2019
Una dey support NBA but not basketball in general.

FIBA world cup coming up in 7 days' time, yet no thread, nothing on it and una think say una be real basketball fans lol
Not even a prolonged discussion on it on this thread.

yeye dey smell.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
When she said i voted Harden in the "postseason awards" what the hell was Max thinking- She did ask some relevant questions though. Meanwhile is the MVP award based on someone's potential(roof) or what you actually did? I don't understand why the hell Max keeps suggesting that other players can do what he did if they asked to do as it. If a player can be spectacular when asked to be, then they definitely deserve the MVP. In my opinion they were both at the same level last season if we were to be objective performance-wise, i am fine with either way. It depends on which statistics you consider more important circumstantially. But that narrative of down-playing the brilliance of someone cos you think somebody else can ber as brilliant when they are called to be is dumb. It shouldn't be a matter of can, rather it should be what you did.
A40:
Watching Ros Gold on First Take and my belle just dey sweet me. Didn't see this coming grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
You got a point, we are not real basketball fans, just NBA fans hehehehehe. On a serious not, i think most of our folks here don't follow threads for other basketball tournaments unless it's discussed here. I hope it will change. But you can create a thread for that purpose, some of us that can will surely contribute.
somehow:

FIBA world cup coming up in 7 days' time, yet no thread, nothing on it and una think say una be real basketball fans lol

yeye dey smell.
Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
benji93:
You got a point, we are not real basketball fans, just NBA fans hehehehehe. On a serious not, i think most of our folks here don't follow threads for other basketball tournaments unless it's discussed here. I hope it will change. But you can create a thread for that purpose, some of us that can will surely contribute.

https://www.nairaland.com/4631428/nigeria-basketball-thread-2019-fiba

Above is one.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
somehow:

yeye dey smell.
I think they lack indepth knowledge
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
somehow:

yeye dey smell.
No vex Mr Real Basketball fan

You can see a thread clearly labeled NBA thread. Yet you're whining about not creating FIBA thread. You have hand, you have phone and you have data yet you can't create the thread for yourself and initiate discussion.

Your yeye dey really smell

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
Roland17:

To me, I felt, Molly was not engaged during the debates. She goes long spells during which she just watched them almost in an awe of silence without necessarily guiding the debates especially when the analysts delve deep into the topic. I am not sure if it was because she lacked in-depth knowledge or it is her style of moderating. Ros is the stark opposite, she is quite interactive and delves deep with the analysts while moderating debates. I like the change.
I like Molly. I don't think there was really anything wrong in how she went about her moderating. Everybody has their style and she's pretty knowledgeable too.

If you watch Skip and Shannon it's even worse as the babe there is pretty much a mouse.

The difference with Ros I believe is because she's actually been in locker rooms, sidelines and has regular one on one interaction with the players, coaches and plus she also played hoops so the adjustment is easier for her as she's pretty much seen as one of the guys which makes her more comfortable, confident and her introduction pretty seamless
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
benji93:
We don't follow and we don't care. Lol na by force?
Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
A40:

No vex Mr Real Basketball fan

You can see a thread clearly labeled NBA thread. Yet you're whining about not creating FIBA thread. You have hand, you have phone and you have data yet you can't create the thread for yourself and initiate discussion.

Your yeye dey really smell

That's why I said una no be basketball fans but NBA fans. So I'm right.

yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
somehow:

yeye dey smell
So now that you're right what next. Imagine an entitled clown like yourself expecting anyone here to prove their basketball fandom to you.

One would think it's gidigbo they are fighting in the NBA and not basketball

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
You didn't have to own up lol. And speak for yourself.
A40:
We don't follow and we don't care. Lol na by force?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
benji93:
You didn't have to own up lol. And speak for yourself.
Own up?? I frankly don't give a toss what anyone thinks. I wasn't speaking for you either, I just think it's peak buffoonery for anyone to come here to whine about what people choose to talk or not talk about in a thread specifically titled "NBA Begins"
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
benji93:
When she said i voted Harden in the "postseason awards" what the hell was Max thinking- She did ask some relevant questions though. Meanwhile is the MVP award based on someone's potential(roof) or what you actually did? I don't understand why the hell Max keeps suggesting that other players can do what he did if they asked to do as it. If a player can be spectacular when asked to be, then they definitely deserve the MVP. In my opinion they were both at the same level last season if we were to be objective performance-wise, i am fine with either way. It depends on which statistics you consider more important circumstantially. But that narrative of down-playing the brilliance of someone cos you think somebody else can ber as brilliant when they are called to be is dumb. It shouldn't be a matter of can, rather it should be what you did.
I have no qualms with people who felt Harden deserved MVP.

However Giannis was a two way force that led his team to the best record in the league. The game vs the Sixers where Giannis blocked Embiid 4 times highlights his MVP caliber credentials in a nutshell.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:11am On Aug 25, 2019
I don't doubt Giannis did deserve it as well, as i wrote earlier, i am fine with either way. But running around peddling the opinion that Harden cannot complain about not getting the MVP(implied) is quite ridiculous. I mean i could put forth the argument that if harden exerted more effort on the defensive end, he could become an elite two-way player. We have no way of testing this theory, do we?
A40:

However Giannis was a two way force that led his team to the best record in the league. The game vs the Sixers where Giannis blocked Embiid 4 times highlights his MVP caliber credentials in a nutshell.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:13am On Aug 25, 2019
somehow:

yeye dey smell

And you are a basketball fan because you follow FIBA religiously? Young man, I will assure you that the peak of your basketball knowledge is not enough to wipe the sole of anyone's shoes here. While this thread is exclusively NBA and I am sure you are not blind, we have discussed FIBA and many times the Euro League because it affects the NBA. When Steady brought it up, I went back to watch clips of D' Tigeress because it had been a while for me. So, if you can not pass your FIBA knowledge without being condescending, you can as well stick to your FIBA thread and leave this one for the purpose it was created in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:24am On Aug 25, 2019
benji93:
I don't doubt Giannis did deserve it as well, as i wrote earlier, i am fine with either way. But running around peddling the opinion that Harden cannot complain about not getting the MVP(implied) is quite ridiculous. I mean i could put forth the argument that if harden exerted more effort on the defensive end, he could become an elite two-way player. We have no way of testing this theory, do we?
Anybody can complain about not winning the award. Even Bronsexuals will tell you LeNomad deserved the MVP award last year. Don't take Max's shock value takes verbatim.

There is no effort Harden can apply that would put him in elite status as a defender at this stage of his career
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2019
A40:

All that and he still didn't win DPOY. He is tall, what else do you expect him to do?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:04am On Aug 25, 2019
In the mean time, D'Tigers fought back from 16 points down at half time to force an overtime win over Poland. A buzzer beater corner 3 to win 87-84.

After beating Canada earlier this month and duly dispatching Dom. Republic twice, I have to say that this D'Tigers team is legit. We have NBA calibre players in there and we shouldn't be afraid of any team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Oh my!!! Andrew Luck just informed the Colts he is retiring. The man could not stay healthy and I believe this is the best for his career.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:
Oh my!!! Andrew Luck just informed the Colts he is retiring. The man could not stay healthy and I believe this is the best for his career.

The colts really should have gotten an OLine b4 Luck's body broke down.
Funny thing is now they will have one of the best Olines in the league but no QB worth the name

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 6:09am On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:

And you are a basketball fan because you follow FIBA religiously? Young man, I will assure you that the peak of your basketball knowledge is not enough to wipe the sole of anyone's shoes here. While this thread is exclusively NBA and I am sure you are not blind, we have discussed FIBA and many times the Euro League because it affects the NBA. When Steady brought it up, I went back to watch clips of D' Tigeress because it had been a while for me. So, if you can not pass your FIBA knowledge without being condescending, you can as well stick to your FIBA thread and leave this one for the purpose it was created in the first place.

Yea yes yea, you mean the way you guys insult eachother on this thread, engage in man worship and ego trip right? the divk comparison that goes on here is the "knowledge " eh? Alright I ain't here to join such parade as often witnessed here.

I got what I needed already so enjoy your divk contests.
Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 6:13am On Aug 25, 2019
A40:
So now that you're right what next. Imagine an entitled clown like yourself expecting anyone here to prove their basketball fandom to you.

One would think it's gidigbo they are fighting in the NBA and not basketball

Blablablabla I passed my message. I don't care how it got to you. Make una stop man worshiping in BB and face the sport in general.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2019
These fuckers cut Kuz. That's it, I ain't rooting for them no more.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2019
somehow:

Blablablabla I passed my message. I don't care how it got to you. Make una stop man worshiping in BB and face the sport in general.
Chale fvck you and your message. Who died and appointed you Basketball ambassador? Are you a descendant of Dr James Naismith or how does one even begin to dissect your fvckery.

Thunder from Arigidi will fire you next time you tell me what and what not to do on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:
This is really unfortunate. He was putting up Canton numbers too.

I think it was more the mental process of rehabbing from injuries and not the physical aspect. Not everyone can deal with that process over and over. That draft with him and RG3 where it looked like they would dominate for a decade and it's Russell Wilson that history would remember as the winner of that draft class. How ironic
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2019
Khanben:

The colts really should have gotten an OLine b4 Luck's body broke down.
Funny thing is now they will have one of the best Olines in the league but no QB worth the name
Very weird flex. Even their defense was looking good for this year.

They now have a lot of weapons even in the skill positions with TY Hilton, Jack Doyle and Marlon Mack. I bet someone like Nick Foles would be wishing he didn't sign with the Jaguars
Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
steady986:
These fuckers cut Kuz. That's it, I ain't rooting for them no more.

They are surely winning again within this strong lineup

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.