Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624433 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:57am On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

Your so called best player in the league needed a heavily depleted Golden State to win Finals MVP and the title. Is that who you want to bestow that crown on?

As far as I'm concerned LeBron still has the crown and no one has taken it from him. It doesn't take one year to lose a crown, neither does it take one year to win it. Even Curry tried for 4 years and couldn't. KD has been trying since he came into the league but still can't. It's one nigga from somewhere that managed to win one questionable title that wants to collect it. Make I hear abeg.

Alaye! Your own player needed D. Green to be out to get his 3rd title. We can bend this thing as far as we want, you don’t want to go there! If we begin to make subjective interpretation of how a title is won, na you go “seke” because your MCM dominated a weak conference in making consecutive finals appearances. You don’t want to go that route bro! Your MCM has not been the best player in the league for 2 consecutive seasons. I know it hurts but don’t worry you would be alright!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Giannis hitting some 15 footers, i hope he can do that consistently
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Roland17:

There is no shame in admitting LeBum has been the best player for the most part of the last decade. He has had moments where he wrestled with Curry and KD for that title but for the most part he has held sway. However, he lost that title definitively last season to Kawhi, some like me will argue 2 seasons ago if you consider how much havoc KD wrecked in the NBA 2 seasons ago. This is a new challenge for LeBum and Father Time complicates the process for him. It would be interesting to see how much motivation he truly has to compete with younger bloods. Kawhi runs the NBA and he seems to be on a mission.

You mean the warriors wreaked on the NBA? Joining the warriors doesn't make you the best player in the NBA. Just like winning once doesnt mean you run the NBA, that comes with a stretch of some level of dominance and consistency. Hes in a very good position, but lets see how long he can keep that up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 25, 2019
The celtics may be the most pathetic franchise in the NBA right now. For everything that they are and how loud their fans are, everything about that franchise over the past 10 years has been pathetic to say the least and it seems that isn't going to change this season. Overrated young core, overrated coach, overrated GM and overrated PG (I mean how did people actually talk themselves into believing hes in the same universe as kyrie?). The franchise has all the makings of a train wreck.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:02am On Oct 25, 2019
Well as usual Rockets tanking 3s again.Not surprised, they have the original human brick on their roaster. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Trae Young is going to be a problem in this league. I was the first to say that i didnt like the steph comparirons, and i don't want to be a prisoner of the moment but hes already a much better passer than steph curry, if his shooting can remain consistent this kid is going to be a much better player than steph curry. This kid is the truth.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 25, 2019
At this point its pretty safe to say that Giannis is a shoo-in for MVP. He has the perfect situation. Hes in the east with a very good team and a second star who wont steal his spotlight. Its his to lose.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Much better passer!, are you kidding me. Gerrara here.
KarnBarlow:
Trae Young is going to be a problem in this league. I was the first to say that i didnt like the steph comparirons, and i don't want to be a prisoner of the moment but hes already a much better passer than steph curry, if his shooting can remain consistent this kid is going to be a much better player than steph curry. This kid is the truth.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 25, 2019
Didn't think much of the clippers lost at first and now i think even less of it. Bron played like sh-t (mostly him sticking to his word of the lakers offense going through AD and trying to figure out how that will work), him and AD disappeared in the second half, a lot of the new guys were all over the place and bricked all over the place but they still kept up with according to most people the best team in the league. Would have won against most teams in the league. There are more positives than negatives in there for sure.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
Much better passer!, are you kidding me. Gerrara here.

I know anyone who says anything bad about curry hurts your feelings and i know you don't watch many NBA games but Trae young is currently a top 5 passer in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:20am On Oct 25, 2019
It does. But i would admit any criticism if it's reasonable enough. On that note, Trae young is not a better passer than Curry. At least not yet. The system of the Golden state doesn't do justice to Curry's pedigree as a passer. And how are you sure i don't watch many NBA games?
KarnBarlow:

I know anyone who says anything bad about curry hurts your feelings and i know you don't watch many NBA games but Trae young is currently a top 5 passer in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:07am On Oct 25, 2019
Westbrook has brought his bad luck to Houston grin see turnovers.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:07am On Oct 25, 2019
Roland17:

Alaye! Your own player needed D. Green to be out to get his 3rd title. We can bend this thing as far as we want, you don’t want to go there! If we begin to make subjective interpretation of how a title is won, na you go “seke” because your MCM dominated a weak conference in making consecutive finals appearances. You don’t want to go that route bro! Your MCM has not been the best player in the league for 2 consecutive seasons. I know it hurts but don’t worry you would be alright!
Lol. E say D. Green grin, because he didn't play in 6 games. Because he didn't even play in game seven. Chai. Imagine D. Green stopping LeBron from winning a title. grin

And to get to the playoffs, didn't LeBron play WC teams too?

If you mention someone like Harden as the best player in the last 2 years I might agree, but for you to mention someone who, out of nowhere, steamrolled his way to a title after months of absence from the game, na that one I no go gree.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:12am On Oct 25, 2019
A40:
Lool you can never stop yarnin Okoto meow meow skrrrrrrrr skrr.

The best player in the league is a moving target and no one player's birth right.

Mind you Kawhi was already knocking on the door before injury derailed his campaign in the 2017 playoffs. Maybe you have forgotten the Spurs were blowing out Golden State in Game 1 till he got hurt. He had finished runner up in MVP voting and 3rd in the years leading to his injury.

I was one of the doubters he could return to form but after what he showed last season, he has usurped LeNomad and that fact you need to embrace

If he does a similar feat this year then we can coronate him, but for now, he's just a mere contender. King no dey fall like that na, King fa.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Man, GS are begging for a quick kill in this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:20am On Oct 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:
The celtics may be the most pathetic franchise in the NBA right now. For everything that they are and how loud their fans are, everything about that franchise over the past 10 years has been pathetic to say the least and it seems that isn't going to change this season. Overrated young core, overrated coach, overrated GM and overrated PG (I mean how did people actually talk themselves into believing hes in the same universe as kyrie?). The franchise has all the makings of a train wreck.

The Kemba I saw at the world cup, the Celtics would have left Rozier and continue building. I don't know what is happening with Kemba, but Kemba is no longer the Kemba Walker the Celtics thought they got. I hope he comes back to life.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:32am On Oct 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Oh!! Now it's depleted Golden State? But the Warriors were not depleted when he won in 2016 because the league suspended Draymond with Bogut and Iguodala got injured and Steph playing through knee Injury?

*Laughs in lowercase*.

Kawhi is doing everything LeBron does without the noise but I still got Bron in front because he has been consistent with his performance through the Years. Age is not on his side and you have to accept that.

But you guys ever heard of a healthy Kevin Durant? embarassed

Abeg KD was the best player in the league for the last 2 years before Kawhi last season... As una dey talk say Kawhi dethrone LBJ dey be like say we forget KD totally.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
It does. But i would admit any criticism if it's reasonable enough. On that note, Trae young is not a better passer than Curry. At least not yet. The system of the Golden state doesn't do justice to Curry's pedigree as a passer. And how are you sure i don't watch many NBA games?

This isn't a criticism. The vision and technicality exhibited in Trae's passes i haven't seen from curry, you can speculate as to what curry can do and how much the Golden State system has stifled that but i can only comment on what i can see.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me. But honestly, all feelings and sentimentality aside, i don't even think this is a debate.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:03am On Oct 25, 2019
Hell no, you can keep your opinion to yourself though grin. West brook gets a lot more assists than Curry, but most people consider Curry a better passer than he is. İ am still trying to figure out what sophistication there is to Trae's passing.
KarnBarlow:

This isn't a criticism. The vision and technicality exhibited in Trae's passes i haven't seen from curry, you can speculate as to what curry can do and how much the Golden State system has stifled that but i can only comment on what i can see.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me. But honestly, all feelings and sentimentality aside, i don't even think this is a debate.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Is it safe to say R.I.P to GS at this point? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
Hell no, you can keep your opinion to yourself though grin. West brook gets a lot more assists than Curry, but most people consider Curry a better passer than he is. İ am still trying to figure out what sophistication there is to Trae's passing.
But in all this, LeBron is still the best passer right? cool
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

Sure, we can say that. Same saw we said R.I.P to the Lakers just on Tuesday grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:13am On Oct 25, 2019
No doubt
steady986:

But in all this, LeBron is still the best passer right? cool
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:21am On Oct 25, 2019
Partially, we didn't look good for the entire duration of the game. The game was already gone before the end of the 3rd quarter. Clippers is kind of the ceiling now as Golden state was in the last 4/5 years. This is the first game of the regular season though, we didn't expect much from the team. We only hope we make the playoffs. If we are to go by your assertion, then it's safe to say RIP to your darling Lakers. grin
steady986:
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
Hell no, you can keep your opinion to yourself though grin. West brook gets a lot more assists than Curry, but most people consider Curry a better passer than he is İ am still trying to figure out what sophistication there is to Trae's passing.
Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:56am On Oct 25, 2019
I was only giving you a counter example, as was required to punch a hole in your argument. grin
KarnBarlow:

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2019
The best case scenario for the warriors team is the 8th seed. They lost their best player, D-Lo is no Klay. Their bench is shameful. Still early days of course but its amazing how things can change. Just a few months ago they were the most fearsome team ever assembled. Now they're just small fries on the grand scheme of things.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
I was only giving you a counter example, as was required to punch a hole in your argument. grin

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2019
Sad to see him this way. And its obvious now that hes over 30 he can longer carry the team like he did in 2015 and 2016. Father time spares no man.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2019
However I will start looking into Trae more closely now.
KarnBarlow:

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Now that Steph is no longer Steph, who is the best point guard in the game? Dame? Kyrie? And mark me, Trae Young might throw himself in to this discussion this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2019
BTW Patrick Beverly is a pest. Like all this man does is go about bugging people and its very effective. SMH, would've loved to see him and Lance go at it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.