Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624450 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Abeg KD was the best player in the league for the last 2 years before Kawhi last season... As una dey talk say Kawhi dethrone LBJ dey be like say we forget KD totally.
Did you read my last statement? A healthy KD is a problem. embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
Partially, we didn't look good for the entire duration of the game. The game was already gone before the end of the 3rd quarter. Clippers is kind of the ceiling now as Golden state was in the last 4/5 years. This is the first game of the regular season though, we didn't expect much from the team. We only hope we make the playoffs. If we are to go by your assertion, then it's safe to say RIP to your darling Lakers. grin
grin I'm glad you recognized that it's 'just one game', unlike some folks here that think the world is coming to an end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Now that Steph is no longer Steph, who is the best point guard in the game? Dame? Kyrie? And mark me, Trae Young might throw himself in to this discussion this year.
i'd choose Kyrie.his debut against the wolves is awesome. Only that miss!!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Sure, we can say that. Same saw we said R.I.P to the Lakers just on Tuesday grin grin grin
We lost by 10, and we were in it up until the 4th quarter. You lost by 19 and were dead and gone before the end of the 3rd. Kawhi didn't even have to play in the forth, Lol. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 25, 2019
Nostradamus:
i'd choose Kyrie.his debut against the wolves is awesome. Only that miss!!

Even the miss was dope if that makes any sense. The way he fell, got right back up, kept his balance somehow and still got a shot up. Only Kyrie can do that.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2019
But why are we always so quick to call the end of a player? So Curry is finished now too?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

We lost by 10, and we were in it up until the 4th quarter. You lost by 19 and were dead and gone before the end of the 3rd. Kawhi didn't even have to play in the forth, Lol. grin

Seeing how the clippers absolutely battered the warriors and considering the lakers are at the storming stage of their development and other circumstances plus given how close the game was i went from being a little worried to not worried at all. When the time is right, we will smoke them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by tex25: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2019
The depth of this Clippers team is insane, definitely the team to beat this seasons hands down.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
He still has Draymond, D-lo and klay to return but given what he used to have this is close enough.

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
benji93:
Hell no, you can keep your opinion to yourself though grin. West brook gets a lot more assists than Curry, but most people consider Curry a better passer than he is. İ am still trying to figure out what sophistication there is to Trae's passing.

Not every argument is worth it tbh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Sure, we can say that. Same saw we said R.I.P to the Lakers just on Tuesday grin grin grin

No need for this.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

grin I'm glad you recognized that it's 'just one game', unlike some folks here that think the world is coming to an end.

It was one game just like any playoff game will be one game. But what are the upsides to the way LAL played?

That AD will hit most of his post-up shots and that Lebron will have less turnovers. There is nothing else. Lakers will not become this grand shooting team and you won't win an NBA title these days without above average to elite shooting which LAL do not have. That is the reason that game was significant. It showed both Clippers and LAL's strengths and weaknesses but also showed which team had the higher upside.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I clearly stated the only reason why I kept LeBron in front and I wasn't talking about peak or potential. We all know Kawhi got that on lock.

I am confused bro.

Kawhi is infront now. Lebron had the higher peak, longevity and legacy. I agree. If that is what you were saying. But if you said Lebron is still in front because of his consistency in the past. I don't see how that works.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
Eruditor:

It was one game just like any playoff game will be one game. But what are the upsides to the way LAL played?

That AD will hit most of his post-up shots and that Lebron will have less turnovers. There is nothing else. Lakers will not become this grand shooting team and you won't win an NBA title these days without above average to elite shooting which LAL do not have. That is the reason that game was significant. It showed both Clippers and LAL's strengths and weaknesses but also showed which team had the higher upside.
What did LeBron and AD go for combined, wasn't it something like 16/40? And you think that's the template for the rest of the season? I know PG wasn't in the game, but we were missing 3 rotational players(Kuz, Rondo and Caruso) who would have gone a long way to improving our measly bench tally of 19 points.

No matter what anybody says, I'll be stupid to be so critical of the first game of the season. There's a lot of rustiness, teams are still trying to find the best way to play. There are 81 more games to figure that out. Bros, you should know better. Or have you written GS off already, seeing that you lost by 19. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Now that Steph is no longer Steph, who is the best point guard in the game? Dame? Kyrie? And mark me, Trae Young might throw himself in to this discussion this year.

Trae should be in the discussion at the moment. As it looks, K.Walker and CP3 are out of it already, same can be said of Wall. Trae is top 5 at the moment. My opinion tho.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Did you read my last statement? A healthy KD is a problem. embarassed

Smoosh, that statement did not show clearly state that KD was dominant (the best player before Kawhi came back). If KD was healthy enough to play the whole finals series, we won't be calling Kawhi the best player in the league right now. Being a problem is quite different from being dominant. Just my understanding of what you said tho, now I know better.

Btw... Ayton is out for some months, how you wan do am? grin grin grin. I cannot wait for our match up o. Make I teach you small lesson. You and Birdy
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

Easy oga Steady. My team won. Clippers fan here.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Seeing how the clippers absolutely battered the warriors and considering the lakers are at the storming stage of their development and other circumstances plus given how close the game was i went from being a little worried to not worried at all. When the time is right, we will smoke them.

Okay o, na you talk am
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Easy oga Steady. My team won. Clippers fan here.
Lol, when did you port? cheesy it's almost like we don't have GS fans here again.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

If he does a similar feat this year then we can coronate him, but for now, he's just a mere contender. King no dey fall like that na, King fa.
Alaye. Prior to Kawhi's injury he was in the discussion already. His exploits last post season cemented that position.
Give the man his crown. When it was LeNomad's time (from 2011 onwards) everybody agreed he was the best. Why is it so difficult for you lot to do likewise for someone else

If we're going by purely regular season ball then it can be argued that James Harden is actually the best player in the league not even una Queen
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

What did LeBron and AD go for combined, wasn't it something like 16/40? And you think that's the template for the rest of the season? I know PG wasn't in the game, but we were missing 3 rotational players(Kuz, Rondo and Caruso) who would have gone a long way to improving our measly bench tally of 19 points.

No matter what anybody says, I'll be stupid to be so critical of the first game of the season. There's a lot of rustiness, teams are still trying to find the best way to play. There are 81 more games to figure that out. Bros, you should know better. Or have you written GS off already, seeing that you lost by 19. grin

On the day those shots fall LAL will win. But how many days will the shots fall against the Clips? Not enough. Because that is not the strength of their game nor the weakness of the Clips for LAL to capitalize. Remember my argument has been about LAL as title contenders not that they are a bad team.

As for GSW, I did not learn anything about the game more than I was angry at Steve Kerr and the...you hate to hear it..refs for some of the nonsense they let Beverly do that they called fouls against LAL.

Notwithstanding, GSW are a new team essentially and things will look off here and there. We have lost by more points with better teams so nothing new. All I know is, every foolish person prophesying dooms day for GSW will be totally wrong. Anyone being too optimistic will be disappointed as well. I am cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

Lol, when did you port? cheesy it's almost like we don't have GS fans here again.

Na Kawhi and PG13 I follow come Clippers o. I pray they stay with the Clippers for a long time because I am so loving this already grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
steady986:

Story man. All na still L

Bogdanovic might not play so una suppose beat Utah
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 26, 2019
The raptors are going to destroy this myth that kawhi carried them last season. They had a winning regular season record without him, were and still are a darn good thing. Did kawhi put them over the edge? yes! Did he carry them all on his own? LOL!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:52am On Oct 26, 2019
A40:
Story man. All na still L

Bogdanovic might not play so una suppose beat Utah
If them like make dem play Malone, we go still win
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:53am On Oct 26, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Na Kawhi and PG13 I follow come Clippers o. I pray they stay with the Clippers for a long time because I am so loving this already grin grin
It will end in tears smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:58am On Oct 26, 2019
Eruditor:

On the day those shots fall LAL will win. But how many days will the shots fall against the Clips? Not enough. Because that is not the strength of their game nor the weakness of the Clips for LAL to capitalize. Remember my argument has been about LAL as title contenders not that they are a bad team.

As for GSW, I did not learn anything about the game more than I was angry at Steve Kerr and the...you hate to hear it..refs for some of the nonsense they let Beverly do that they called fouls against LAL.

Notwithstanding, GSW are a new team essentially and things will look off here and there. We have lost by more points with better teams so nothing new. All I know is, every foolish person prophesying dooms day for GSW will be totally wrong. Anyone being too optimistic will be disappointed as well. I am cautiously optimistic.
So a team that has two of the top 10 (arguably top 5) players in the world are not title contenders? Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:02am On Oct 26, 2019
A40:
Alaye. Prior to Kawhi's injury he was in the discussion already. His exploits last post season cemented that position.
Give the man his crown. When it was LeNomad's time (from 2011 onwards) everybody agreed he was the best. Why is it so difficult for you lot to do likewise for someone else

If we're going by purely regular season ball then it can be argued that James Harden is actually the best player in the league not even una Queen
OK, I get it. For you to be crowned king, you need to win a heavily depleted team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 26, 2019
KCP is the devil.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 26, 2019
God bless Danny Green. Getting it done on both ends. Certified don.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:52am On Oct 26, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Smoosh, that statement did not show clearly state that KD was dominant (the best player before Kawhi came back). If KD was healthy enough to play the whole finals series, we won't be calling Kawhi the best player in the league right now. Being a problem is quite different from being dominant. Just my understanding of what you said tho, now I know better.

Btw... Ayton is out for some months, how you wan do am? grin grin grin. I cannot wait for our match up o. Make I teach you small lesson. You and Birdy
I wasn't making a case for KD. Leave that best player talk for now. Clippers fans are getting too cocky for my liking just like you, una go hear am this season.
Ayton screwed up. I needed his blocks. I'll adjust and you all will be shocked. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.