Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628130 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Dwight and KCP (of all people) have been huge.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 04, 2019
KCP!!! You streaky SOB!!! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:25am On Nov 04, 2019
The Lakers had an off night, but they still won the Spurs. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 04, 2019
Whew! This was always going to be a tough one. I honestly thought the lakers would lose. Big test and they passed, now the undisputed one seed in the west. And for however long KCP is back! Only negative from this game is the Avery Bradley injury, he's been phenomenal! Hopefully its nothing too serious. Otherwise the lakers are in a very good position six games in. Lets hope it lasts.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:48am On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:
Dwight and KCP (of all people) have been huge.

Dwight has been immense for the Lakers this season. He is finishing games ahead of starting centers and that speaks volume of how much he has contributed this season and the trust the coaching staff have on him.
His rim protection has been particularly terrific, better still, he has not asked for anything on the offense apart from cleaning up the offensive glass. The game against the Mavericks gave me more conviction about his game and tonight’s buttressed my thoughts even more. He has been a good pick up thus far, you can only hope he continues to keep it simple.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Nov 04, 2019
I have been very careful about making comments about my Celtics but one thing I can say for sure is that this team looks more like a TEAM than they were last season. The guys are genuinely working hard for each other and trying to build the chemistry on and off the court. Hayward is gradually looking like he is shaking off the demons of his post surgery.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:03am On Nov 04, 2019
And before I forget, how about R. Wilson today!!!! This man is just impossible to stop. What a comeback!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:

Become?
Lmaoooo these people are officially batshit crazy. This is the disrespect for people's boundaries that has always been my fear with these guys. On top my own sexual preference? How is this different from sexual assault
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Roland17:
And before I forget, how about R. Wilson today!!!! This man is just impossible to stop. What a comeback!!!
MVP
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:12am On Nov 04, 2019
Man Lamar Jackson is a problem. Can't believe he was the 32nd pick. Who are these GMs and why are they so terrible at evaluating players
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:16am On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:
Canelo takes him out! New light heavyweight champion of the world. Great fight plan, almost rope a dope esque. Canelo is great.
The man is fearless I give it to him. Of course he gets a few dodgy decisions to go his way in some of these fights but this guy would literally fight Anybody. He wants all the smoke and that you have to respect

It's also kind of an indictment on GGG who could have moved up to LH and face Andre Ward but didn't

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21am On Nov 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Houston 18-56 Miami Heat. I thought the warriors were bad. grin cheesy
Told folks on Twitter that that Rockets team will be one of the disappointments of the season. They can't stop a nosebleed and Eric Gordon and Russell Westbrick will brick their teams out of contention on any given night.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27am On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:
This is the best UFC card put together in a very long time. Damn!
I agree. It was insanely loaded from top to bottom, Dana White will be counting a shitload of greenbacks.

Lool Johnny Walker got exposed? Seriously are these the clowns that you feel Bones needs to stay at LH and prove anything to? Nobody will want to see these fights

Do you think Till deserved that W?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:
This Lakers team man. Not to get ahead of myself but this is the best team i have seen around Lebron in a very long time. And the coaching, frank vogel along with kidd, hollins and handy have been terrific. And the team isnt even firing on all cylinders with kuzma trying to get his legs back, Rondo still out, role players yet to fully get into their stride. And lebron defense so far, the lakers in general. Two of the NBA block leaders and lebron playing DPOY level defense (IKR, who would have thought we'd see this lebron in the regular season?).

Like i said, not to get ahead of myself.
You can as well just get ahead of yourself and call it early. cheesy Those boys are playing like they know they'll win in July. If AD stays healthy and Kuzma picks up his game, I don't see any reason why they can't get to the conference finals. Problem will come when if they face the Clippers who are a deeper and better defensive team and I'm not talking about Blocks.
Lakers, Miami Heat, Philly, Clippers are all looking legit.
For the Heats, with guys like Bam Adebayo, Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Herro, Robinson, Jimmy Butler player like this, who would give two shít about the shatta bundle called Dion Waiters? They'll trade him when time comes.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:54am On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
Told folks on Twitter that that Rockets team will be one of the disappointments of the season. They can't stop a nosebleed and Eric Gordon and Russell Westbrick will brick their teams out of contention on any given night.
That game was making me laugh. I just kept saying "brick" each time Houston shot a three pointer. Those guys will fall apart come playoffs and it'll start with their defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:38am On Nov 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
You can as well just get ahead of yourself and call it early. cheesy Those boys are playing like they know they'll win in July. If AD stays healthy and Kuzma picks up his game, I don't see any reason why they can't get to the conference finals. Problem will come when if they face the Clippers who are a deeper and better defensive team and I'm not talking about Blocks.
For the Heats, with guys like Bam Adebayo, Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Herro, Robinson, Jimmy Butler player like this, who would give two shít about the shatta bundle called Dion Waiters? They'll trade him when time comes.
You're still believing this myth about the Clippers being a deeper team than the Lakers?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
I agree. It was insanely loaded from top to bottom, Dana White will be counting a shitload of greenbacks.

Lool Johnny Walker got exposed? Seriously are these the clowns that you feel Bones needs to stay at LH and prove anything to? Nobody will want to see these fights

Do you think Till deserved that W?

Last card i remember this stacked is ufc 217. UFC 245 is also stacked AF as long as everyone makes it to the octagon. Dana trying hard to appease those shareholders towards the end of the year.

Its also one of the strangest cards i've ever watched, bar the main event almost every fight lived up to the hype. None of these fights went the way i or most people expected. Seems its not just dana whose set for a red panty night, the bookies are as well, I knew there was a chance corey would win but i thought hed take him to the ground. I didnt think for one second corey stood a chance striking with him but i guess i was wrong. Jones was right, everyone will look spectacular fighting bums. Maybe he didnt take corey seriously or maybe he was just overrated. You're absolutely right, LHW is a barren land but until stipe and DC fight i think he has one more fight at LHW, corey and reyes should fight and jones should get the winner.

Darren was absolutely cerebral in the way he fought, was clever and efficient. Surprised me, i thought he was going to get KOd TBH. Looked really good. Good to see bigger names like wonder boy and Lee (that KO though) bouncing back with wins as well.

BTW, about Till... I really like this guy, just imagining him saying this in that scouse accent LOL

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:

With Lebron teams i find that its best to be cautious with ones optimism until at least the trade deadline. The lakers have been drama free so far so thats a good sign. Lakers before last night were the second best defensive team in the NBA and the clippers 17th. I'm not saying they're better, i'm just saying the lakers are no slouches on that end either. I am under no illusions though, if the lakers are to win, their superstars will have to do a lot of heavy lifting. Believe it or not the scariest team so far in the NBA are the sixers. They match up really well with the lakers too. With the bucks taking steps back i think for now they are a lock for the Finals.

The heat are stacked, no doubt. Dion waiters, i dont even think anyone will want that fatso in the NBA, especially with how he seems to have plateaued already and his attitude problems.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
The man is fearless I give it to him. Of course he gets a few dodgy decisions to go his way in some of these fights but this guy would literally fight Anybody. He wants all the smoke and that you have to respect

It's also kind of an indictment on GGG who could have moved up to LH and face Andre Ward but didn't

Speaking of Andre Ward, if he comes out of retirement to fight canelo, who do you have winning?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Roland17:

Dwight has been immense for the Lakers this season. He is finishing games ahead of starting centers and that speaks volume of how much he has contributed this season and the trust the coaching staff have on him.
His rim protection has been particularly terrific, better still, he has not asked for anything on the offense apart from cleaning up the offensive glass. The game against the Mavericks gave me more conviction about his game and tonight’s buttressed my thoughts even more. He has been a good pick up thus far, you can only hope he continues to keep it simple.

Yeah dwight has impressed and javale has regressed. Forget his rim protection, the most impressive thing for me is his defense on ball handlers and the pick and roll, disrupting their drives and protecting pocket passes while being able to neutralize the roll man. Hes doing all the little things too, sometimes even dirty. A Rodman esque role. I guess a non guaranteed contract and the realization that this may be his last chance given someone had to get injured for him to even get into the NBA has humbled him. Hes jovially embraced his role and is thriving. Good for him. As for those asking for him to start, i really prefer him as a jolt of energy off the bench. No need to disrupt whats working.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 7:35am On Nov 04, 2019
Roland17:
mvp IMO. The guy is a god. Really cant talk about him enough. Kudos to Lamar jackson for beating the N.E too. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 7:44am On Nov 04, 2019
Tyreke hill is godspeed. One of my fav W.R in the league. Guys really balled out. Mike Evans, christian McCaffrey(it would be hard for him to win the mvp. Any R.b sef. But hes been a lifeline for a panthers team that desperately need one. He plays more snaps than any r.b in the league. Am a fan!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2019
In the Lakers next four games, Chicago, Miami, Toronto and Phoenix would all be big tests for this team. But I'm optimistic. smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2019
steady986:
The Lakers had an off night, but they still won the Spurs. cool
yeye boy, tring to console himself. With all your fire power, you could only manage to get a w against us, a washed up team. Only a matter of time before you guys are exposed for the fraud u guys are.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
That game was making me laugh. I just kept saying "brick" each time Houston shot a three pointer. Those guys will fall apart come playoffs and it'll start with their defense.
Took 48 3's made only 14. I keep saying this thing. If you don't have a Klay Thompson or Steph Curry in your squad it makes no sense to keep jacking up so many three's. One will think a team that missed 27 straight 3's would be a bit more flexible in their approach.

Made 2's >>>> Missed 3's

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
yomi96:
yeye boy, tring to console himself. With all your fire power, you could only manage to get a w against us, a washed up team. Only a matter of time before you guys are exposed for the fraud u guys are.
Lol. Keep waiting for that time.

And what do you call a washed up team? A team containing Aldridge, DeRozan, Rudy Gay, D White, Mills and Murray...naah, I ain't buying it. Remember we were both 4-1 going into this game.

We know that the Spurs are always a very good defensive team, and are dominant at home. I'd say we underrated you guys. We should have turned that 19 point lead into a blowout.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
steady986:

Lol. Keep waiting for that time.

And what do you call a washed up team? A team containing Aldridge, DeRozan, Rudy Gay, D White, Mills and Murray...naah, I ain't buying it. Remember we were both 4-1 going into this game.

We know that the Spurs are always a very good defensive team, and are dominant at home. I'd say we underrated you guys. We should have turned that 19 point lead into a blowout.

The Spurs had the second best offense in the league and the Lakers held them to <40% shooting. LeBron was bricking his FTs and jumpers, others were missing open 3s, kuzma is trying to get his legs back and yet the Lakers won. It's scary knowing this team can still improve.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:

The Spurs had the second best offense in the league and the Lakers held them to <40% shooting. LeBron was bricking his FTs and jumpers, others were missing open 3s, kuzma is trying to get his legs back and yet the Lakers won. It's scary knowing this team can still improve.
LeBron though. That pattern of missing his second FT was a concern. 5-10, and 0-6 from 3. It was really an off night. And it's only LeBron you can say had an off night even though he amassed 21/13/11.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
steady986:

LeBron though. That pattern of missing his second FT was a concern. 5-10, and 0-6 from 3. It was really an off night. And it's only LeBron you can say had an off night even though he amassed 21/13/11.

Different standards and rightfully so. BTW the lakers are officially number 1 in defensive rating in the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:

Different standards and rightfully so. BTW the lakers are officially number 1 in defensive rating in the NBA.
Wow...long may it last. Where are we on offence?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
steady986:

Wow...long may it last. Where are we on offence?

A wee bit disappointing at 18th. Defense has been winning our games which is a good thing. For a lebron led team with AD, that offensive rating wont last. The role players will start making shots. This team is very very good.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
TalonVonner:

Bitter! All they do is hate cause their team is trash.

Did he or did he not pull the player?

I don't know what the excitement is about. Houston did not win 65 games the other season? How did it end?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.