Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628883 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
What the hell is going on with the Rockets? They are low-key my pick for one of the disappointments of the season but something just seems off about them. Early days sha

put the weed down bro. or get another supplier grin

i have set my expectations verrry low this year. it is impossible for me to be disappointed grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
birdman:

put the weed down bro. or get another supplier grin

i have set my expectations verrry low this year. it is impossible for me to be disappointed grin
A very smart decision. Early days yet though they might prove me wrong
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Eruditor:

Did he or did he not pull the player?

I don't know what the excitement is about. Houston did not win 65 games the other season? How did it end?

Yeah, we shouldn't be excited because the lakers are doing well. Did you not do the same with the warriors even last year? what happened after you won 73 games? just because your team can't buy a win to save their life others shouldnt be excited when theirs win? SMH.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
Man Lamar Jackson is a problem. Can't believe he was the 32nd pick. Who are these GMs and why are they so terrible at evaluating players

The same narrative/ argument they make about most black QB in college. Infact, some GM’s advised the kid to switch to a receiver before the draft because he did not have a future as a QB in the NFL. Winning the Heisman trophy did not even matter to those GM’s.
I am glad he stuck to his guns and is now reaping the rewards. His performance yesterday, particularly throwing the ball shut the narrative that he is only good as a runner and not a thrower. I just hope he stays humble because things change very fast in the NFL.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
A40:
MVP

I have got a mad level of respect for R. Wilson, on and off the field.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Roland17:

I have got a mad level of respect for R. Wilson, on and off the field.

Mad Respect Bro. I keep telling my mates Ciara hit the Jackpot when She Met Him. He is such a massive upgrade when compared to all of Her previous exes.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 05, 2019
So happy for IT! He deserves to get paid! I hope the wizards do right by him.
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2019
Let's go GSW.

GSW for life

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2019
AD is the WC Player of the Week. Well deserved.
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 12:43am On Nov 05, 2019
Skip: "Kawhi looks Jordan-esque from the midrange"

Shannon: "Yeah, Michael B. Jordan"
[img]http://2.bp..com/-p9whylrqliM/Ud3R74x6NnI/AAAAAAAAN0A/nhChnQ6LnCw/s1600/adam-levine.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:57am On Nov 05, 2019
TalonVonner:

Yeah, we shouldn't be excited because the lakers are doing well. Did you not do the same with the warriors even last year? what happened after you won 73 games? just because your team can't buy a win to save their life others shouldnt be excited when theirs win? SMH.

You did not answer the Dwight question.

I am agnostic to whether you are excited about the LAL or not. I don't think 6 games is a good quadrat for your excitement.

Enjoy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:11am On Nov 05, 2019
chic2pimp:

Mad Respect Bro. I keep telling my mates Ciara hit the Jackpot when She Met Him. He is such a massive upgrade when compared to all of Her previous exes.
How dare you slander our toxic king and president Future like that?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:21am On Nov 05, 2019
Roland17:

The same narrative/ argument they make about most black QB in college. Infact, some GM’s advised the kid to switch to a receiver before the draft because he did not have a future as a QB in the NFL. Winning the Heisman trophy did not even matter to those GM’s.
I am glad he stuck to his guns and is now reaping the rewards. His performance yesterday, particularly throwing the ball shut the narrative that he is only good as a runner and not a thrower. I just hope he stays humble because things change very fast in the NFL.
They tried to convert him to an RB. Credit to him because he really worked on his arm strength and ability to progress through his reads. Last season he couldn't throw 10 yards past the line of scrimmage but at least now he's a capable passer if not an excellent one.

He's like Vick and RG3 on steroids and the one edge he has over Cam Newton is his elusiveness, he almost never gets hit, hopefully that helps him stay healthy

With this narrative thing you can see the media just last week trying to drum up MVP noise for Rodgers and wanting people to forget Russell Wilson. I know you're a Pack fan but I believe you're not as biased to even remotely suggest Rodgers has played as well as Russ
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:59am On Nov 05, 2019
Are we all sleeping on the Suns or what? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I'm liking the fight in this young warriors team. Quite refreshing to see the young guys play with hunger. Jordan Poole just needs time to be a star.
Another Win. These young bucks keep fighting. When Eric Paschal becomes an all star they won't remember he was drafted in second round by the Warriors. Anyways, the future looks bright with these guys.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Another Win. These young bucks keep fighting. When Eric Paschal becomes an all star they won't remember he was drafted in second round by the Warriors. Anyways, the future looks bright with these guys.

You're 2-5. Besides, eruditor said not to celebrate regular season wins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2019
On a more serious note, what is wrong with portland. They look a shell of themselves this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2019
5 all-star team narrative loading. grin. We are definitely not over-excited though. This is a team that has nothing to lose. We keep firing and see where it lands us.
SmooshCHN:

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2019
Though Portland are soft as hell but at least it's good they are competing. This is the second straight game

Maybe Kerr is sending a message to the vets like Green and co. Even if you don't make the playoffs show effort and don't cheat the fans that are paying so much to come and watch.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2019
OMG! The San Francisco Warriors won a game of basketball. shocked These are end times I tell ya.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2019
TalonVonner:

Last card i remember this stacked is ufc 217. UFC 245 is also stacked AF as long as everyone makes it to the octagon. Dana trying hard to appease those shareholders towards the end of the year.
They usually save their best for last. This is why Bones was so pissed that he has nobody to fight. Though I think UFC 244 had the more fire card. Speaking of UFC 245 I'd be really upset if Kamaru does not reconstruct Covington's face. Don't want no decisions, he needs to knock him the f**k out

TalonVonner:

Its also one of the strangest cards i've ever watched, bar the main event almost every fight lived up to the hype. None of these fights went the way i or most people expected. Seems its not just dana whose set for a red panty night, the bookies are as well, I knew there was a chance corey would win but i thought hed take him to the ground. I didnt think for one second corey stood a chance striking with him but i guess i was wrong. Jones was right, everyone will look spectacular fighting bums. Maybe he didnt take corey seriously or maybe he was just overrated. You're absolutely right, LHW is a barren land but until stipe and DC fight i think he has one more fight at LHW, corey and reyes should fight and jones should get the winner.
Weird flex that you call the fight a fight for the 'Baddest Mofo' title and stop the fight for that. Not that I think any of them deserves it anyway after racking up so many L'S

Johnny Walker had literally fought nobody. Didn't buy the hype at all.

LHW is a wasteland but like you suggested Corey and Reyes should go at it so we see who at least stands some type of shot against Jones

TalonVonner:

Darren was absolutely cerebral in the way he fought, was clever and efficient. Surprised me, i thought he was going to get KOd TBH. Looked really good. Good to see bigger names like wonder boy and Lee (that KO though) bouncing back with wins as well.

BTW, about Till... I really like this guy, just imagining him saying this in that scouse accent LOL
Till looks more of a natural at middleweight. Hope he stays there. I have always wondered why these guys go through that trouble cutting weight, robbing themselves of power and staying in the wrong weight class
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2019
Eruditor:

You did not answer the Dwight question.

I am agnostic to whether you are excited about the LAL or not. I don't think 6 games is a good quadrat for your excitement.

Enjoy.
Hahahaha, same people who slandered and wrote off LeBron and the Lakers after the Clippers' loss. GTFOH bro

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2019
aliondo:
Are we all sleeping on the Suns or what? shocked
No we ain't. Once they added Baynes and Rubio I knew they'd automatically be better. And those two were excellent at the world cup (Rubio winning MVP and all).

Nevertheless, they wouldn't have won the sixers if Embiid played.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 05, 2019
A40:

They usually save their best for last. This is why Bones was so pissed that he has nobody to fight. Though I think UFC 244 had the more fire card. Speaking of UFC 245 I'd be really upset if Kamaru does not reconstruct Covington's face. Don't want no decisions, he needs to knock him the f**k out
For a new yorker who is also one of the UFCs biggest stars its disappointing that Jones has never headlined a card at MSG.

Kamaru has a cringey persona where he comes of as trying too hard, but man Colby covington is the most annoying fighter the UFC has ever seen. And that stupid voice, i will never forgive Kamaru if he doesnt beat that cretin black and blue. But make no mistake as much as i hate to admit it covington is very good, hes very similar to kamaru too. Will be a more interesting fight than people think.

Weird flex that you call the fight a fight for the 'Baddest Mofo' title and stop the fight for that. Not that I think any of them deserves it anyway after racking up so many L'S
The whole fight was obviously a money making sham. I dont mind it though cause i like both diaz and masvidal but if i were Masvidal i wouldnt wear that belt with pride. Neither of them has won a belt in their division. If the belt was for the "Realest" MF it will still be shameless but at least i can agree with that. But i'm sure a lot of people paid for the fight so Dana got what he wanted afterall.

Johnny Walker had literally fought nobody. Didn't buy the hype at all.

LHW is a wasteland but like you suggested Corey and Reyes should go at it so we see who at least stands some type of shot against Jones
But with Johnny it wasn't just that he won, it was that he was winning in devastating fashion. He is 6'6 and dynamic, looked like the real deal.

Till looks more of a natural at middleweight. Hope he stays there. I have always wondered why these guys go through that trouble cutting weight, robbing themselves of power and staying in the wrong weight class.
If you go into a fight much bigger than your opponent after you hydrate you immediately put yourself in the driver seat. Look at what michael chiesa did to diego sanchez and to think chiesa used to fight a division below that, and even the way kamaru just smothered and overpowered woodley. Under the right circumstances it works out for some people, some think its worth the bit of loss in power especially those with greco roman wrestling.

The UFC should try to adopt ONE FCs rules on weight cutting. Solves a lot of these issues.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2019
A40:
How dare you slander our toxic king and president Future like that?

Hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Dwight Howard

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
TalonVonner:

You're 2-5. Besides, eruditor said not to celebrate regular season wins.
Yeah, any sane man who looks at that squad knows what to expect. Apart from DLo, Draymond, Steph and Klay who are injured, half the NBA fanbase can't name the other players let's not talk of the bench. But let's pretend we don't know so we can troll. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
A40:
They tried to convert him to an RB. Credit to him because he really worked on his arm strength and ability to progress through his reads. Last season he couldn't throw 10 yards past the line of scrimmage but at least now he's a capable passer if not an excellent one.

He's like Vick and RG3 on steroids and the one edge he has over Cam Newton is his elusiveness, he almost never gets hit, hopefully that helps him stay healthy

With this narrative thing you can see the media just last week trying to drum up MVP noise for Rodgers and wanting people to forget Russell Wilson. I know you're a Pack fan but I believe you're not as biased to even remotely suggest Rodgers has played as well as Russ

Jackson had to utilize his biggest strengths with are his feet and elusiveness to cement his place as the starting QB for the Ravens last season. I think this was the right thing to do considering it was his first season as the starting QB, it would have been risky to restrict him to being pocket QB. Credit to J. Harbaugh for recognizing that and allowing the kid play to his strength during his first season, this helped build the confidence to strengthen other aspects of his game.

You already know how I feel about my GOAT but you are right, outside of Christian McCaffery who has 13 touchdowns, I don’t think anyone comes close to Wilson. It’s between Wilson and McCaffery for me with Wilson number one thus far.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
chic2pimp:

Absolutely! He even accepted her son with one of his exes as his own.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Yeah, any sane man who looks at that squad knows what to expect. Apart from DLo, Draymond, Steph and Klay who are injured, half the NBA fanbase can't name the other players let's not talk of the bench. But let's pretend we don't know so we can troll. grin
The team is still known as Golden State Warriors so, we will troll.

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
steady986:

The team is still known as Golden State Warriors so, we will troll.
You pretend to be tough. It's alright grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
Just to piss some people off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.